2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not like the ending, defeated the purpose of the entire game.  I mean I know why he did it, but it didn't make it any better for me.  They should have given us a choice.  Either way I am hyped for the sequel.

I did not like the ending
Also disliked the ending. Was the worst part of the game for me.

Nothing like capping off a mostly well-told story about the fragility of life, reality of pain/loss, and the will to survive with... a nonsensical gta-style murder spree.

That's definitely a major reason.

Another is the fact that after all the BS, non-sense, hype, criticism about work conditions, etc. the game's sitting at 96 on Metacritic. Sure reviews aren't everything but you gotta give ND credit, sounds like they delivered a solid game.
I never understood the work conditions issues people have about game developers. Unless because it's basically because they are young and don't have any idea how the real world works, or don't know what real work is and think everything should be easy and stress free. I deal with crunch time all the time where I work, not once a year or every 2 years at the end of a project. But that's what they pay me for, when problems come up I have to fix them, I can deal with it or quit my job.

They work in air conditioned offices at desks, most people don't have that luxury and have to do much harder jobs all the time.

I'm looking forward to it though. Nd always makes solid games. Even some of their weaker games are still good games. But I don't care about critisims or other people's scores, all I care about is if I like the game.

I never understood the work conditions issues people have about game developers. Unless because it's basically because they are young and don't have any idea how the real world works, or don't know what real work is and think everything should be easy and stress free. I deal with crunch time all the time where I work, not once a year or every 2 years at the end of a project. But that's what they pay me for, when problems come up I have to fix them, I can deal with it or quit my job.

They work in air conditioned offices at desks, most people don't have that luxury and have to do much harder jobs all the time.

I'm looking forward to it though. Nd always makes solid games. Even some of their weaker games are still good games. But I don't care about critisims or other people's scores, all I care about is if I like the game.
A different perspective you might take is you also deserve better, not that they deserve worse or should be happy with what they have.

Also disliked the ending. Was the worst part of the game for me.

Nothing like capping off a mostly well-told story about the fragility of life, reality of pain/loss, and the will to survive with... a nonsensical gta-style murder spree.
Actually,

it's possible to get through the entire final hospital hallway sequence undetected and without killing anyone except the doctor you're forced to at the end. After having played through the game 3-4 times by that point, that was the most satisfying end to a playthrough for me. I'm not a fan of how TLoU2 seems to make "Joel killed every single person in that hospital who stood between him and Ellie, without hesitation" the official story when there was technically player choice there.

I could never properly put into words how I felt about the ending of the last us so I’ll quote a reviewer.
Joel’s decision in the end was so spectacularly selfish that it’s impossible to rationally justify but it’s also so devastatingly human that we can’t say we’d do any different. That’s the conceit at the heart of the last of us, the idea that love, even the pure protective love of a parent can be evil and at the heart of that choice is a sacrifice to truth that leaves us feeling sick in our stomachs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLOU1 was cool when it played it. I also think it was one of the most over-hyped games of all time. Solid 'A-' game (for me). It was very competent, and well-acted. But I don't understand how it reached it's level of reception and praise. It clearly did a lot more for other players than it did for me. Then again I've heard far worse from numerous other people...
The gameplay was not the greatest thing in the world for me, but it’s the most connected I’ve felt to a set of characters and interested I’ve been in a video game story for many a year. That and the fact the setting was in real world places just made me want to explore it all. That’s why it’s such a special game IMO.

Oh man, I'm dreading the credit card bill this month... Last of Us II CE, Ellie Ed, PAL steelbook edition, Deluxe Edition artbook and PS4 Pro. :cry:

I hope I actually enjoy the game. 

EDIT* Also forgot, 1TB SSD for the new PS4 Pro. 

I've cut down on my CE purchases significantly and I'm still running out of room in my home to store this stuff way faster than I expected. probably because CE boxes have gotten bigger. Assassin's Creed Odyssey Pantheon Edition, Doom: Eternal, and Death Stranding combined take up like a quarter of a damn entire wall. It's insane. I'm not sure how much more I can afford to buy for lack of space. I gotta figure something out, that's all I know right now.

Oh man, I'm dreading the credit card bill this month... Last of Us II CE, Ellie Ed, PAL steelbook edition, Deluxe Edition artbook and PS4 Pro. :cry:

The art book is nice, did you get a chance to jump on it when Amazon had it for $54?

I don't keep many boxes.  I display the statue and put up the other things.  I've got my boxes for the Guild Wars CEs, Sekiro (keeps my game/steelbook protectors) and Sonic Mania was just a good box.  Console boxes I have still.  Can't find a protector for my Genesis though. :/

The art book is nice, did you get a chance to jump on it when Amazon had it for $54?
I had it for $58, but then cancelled. I picked it up as part of the Target B2G1F with 2x copies of the Cyberpunk 2077 Deluxe. Taking the prices pro-rata, it works out to $57 for the Last of Us and $63 each for the 2x Cyberpunk books (will likely return 1 of those when they arrive).

My wife gifted me a PS4 Pro for Christmas back in 2017, but I just got around to setting it up a few months ago. One of the first things I did was look into whether getting an SSD versus a SSHD was worth the extra money, and I found a lot of conflicting reports and information. I ended up just buying a 2TB FireCuda solid state hybrid drive for $60 during some kind of sale on Amazon and putting that into the console, but because I didn’t have anything to compare it to, I’m not sure how fast it runs/works compared to a pure SSD. Also, at the time I couldn’t justify the cost of a piece of hardware that was just as expensive, if not more, than the entire PS4 Pro (2TB SSDs we’re going for around $400-$500 at the time, IIRC). I know that in general, it runs pretty damn smooth and fast, and the FPS rarely drop even in certain parts of graphic-heavy games (like the shard acquisition animations in Bloodstained, for example): anyone who went from the stock HD to an actual solid state drive that can speak to the difference in performance? I thought I remember reading somewhere that, unlike a laptop or desktop computer, most modern game consoles don’t have the necessary components in other areas to TRULY take advantage of an SSD’s processing power...any truth to that statement?

My wife gifted me a PS4 Pro for Christmas back in 2017, but I just got around to setting it up a few months ago. One of the first things I did was look into whether getting an SSD versus a SSHD was worth the extra money, and I found a lot of conflicting reports and information. I ended up just buying a 2TB FireCuda solid state hybrid drive for $60 during some kind of sale on Amazon and putting that into the console, but because I didn’t have anything to compare it to, I’m not sure how fast it runs/works compared to a pure SSD. Also, at the time I couldn’t justify the cost of a piece of hardware that was just as expensive, if not more, than the entire PS4 Pro (2TB SSDs we’re going for around $400-$500 at the time, IIRC). I know that in general, it runs pretty damn smooth and fast, and the FPS rarely drop even in certain parts of graphic-heavy games (like the shard acquisition animations in Bloodstained, for example): anyone who went from the stock HD to an actual solid state drive that can speak to the difference in performance? I thought I remember reading somewhere that, unlike a laptop or desktop computer, most modern game consoles don’t have the necessary components in other areas to TRULY take advantage of an SSD’s processing power...any truth to that statement?
Way off top but... (spoiler-ing this so people who don't care can skip):

I have the same exact FireCuda 2TB SSHD in my Pro and I think there's a couple of things worth noting:

1. SSHDs "learn" about the most frequently used bits of info and store those in the cache, that's the info that loads faster.

2. I saw a few tests that said SSHDs were a better value than HDs but most of them test start up time... that's where the SSHD can actually learn something so it can move faster than a regular HD. The only reason I got the 2TB SSHD vs a regular 2TB HD was because the price diff was pretty minimal (~$20 I think).

3. If you suspend your games, then... this is of little to no benefit. It won't learn shit, because you'll pick up from a diff part of the game each time you un-suspend the game. If you keep dying in the same part of a game, then the SSHD might learn you suck and store that part in the cache (prob helped when I tried playing Bloodborne). Or if you actually exit a game each time finish play and then restart it, then it'll learn what's the most frequently used data and cache that.

4. Many games hide long load times using filler cutscenes like squeezing throw a narrow pass in Uncharted, or being forced to walk instead of run in some parts of a game. God of War (2018) had some really good ones like when you got through tunnels or climb stuff, took me a while to realize they were loading screens.

5. Outside of loading times, with an SSD vs HD, you probably won't see any real performance based benefits while actually playing games (i.e, better/worse fps), but you might notice fewer pop-ins.

The fact is that SSDs probably aren't worth it because all PS4 games have to be made to work with the 5400 RPM drive that shipped with the PS4 back in 2013... regardless of the PS4 Pro having SATA3. For example, for games where cutscenes hide loading screens (like the Uncharted example above), I'll see no benefit because that cutscene exists for the reason to help the game load and can't simple go faster. But for a game like Horizon or GTA5, I should see shorter load times when I fast travel. Or in God of War... yes, the whole finding the right gate is the game loading, that should go faster with an SSD.

If it ultimately doesn't help, I'll swap the stock HD back in and use the SSD for my gaming laptop or PC. But I won't be getting a PS5 for probably a year or two so I know keep using my PS4 Pro for at least a year or two.

Anybody got a cancellation email from Walmart for the last of us? I had the special edition pre-ordered and just received the email with no explanation at all(stock,price error,etc).
And can I do something about it on customer service?

Anybody got a cancellation email from Walmart for the last of us? I had the special edition pre-ordered and just received the email with no explanation at all(stock,price error,etc).
I had the Ellie Edition canceled on me about a month ago from Walmart, same reason given.

I wouldn't waste my time with WM, they're pure trash. Keep an eye on BestBuy and GS (set up Nowinstock alerts) and I'd wager that either or both will list more copies available as they get closer to release. I feel like that always happens.

Yep I received the cancellation and refund notice. I had tlou2 se for $60. Guess they didn’t like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone order The last of us 2 ps4 pro from playstation direct? I never received an order confirmation and no orders come up under my account yet my CC is showing a pending charge. I plan on calling to find out but just thought it was a little strange considering I didn't think the order went through and pre-ordered at BB instead. 

Also the pic on playstation direct was showing the special edition of the game with the console. Has this been confirmed to be accurate?  

The price on Gamestop might be worth picking up/pre-order since it's around in 169.99EUR which is much better than ordering from Europe and have it ship to US. 

The price on Gamestop might be worth picking up/pre-order since it's around in 169.99EUR which is much better than ordering from Europe and have it ship to US.
I really doubt it's the same CE. Gamestop is probably just getting the steelbook and map/poster and comic PDF.

Found out it's an error. One of the deluxe editions. The ce with no game was 138 shipped to the us.

Just a heads up, Bestbuy just charged me for the Ellie Edition that's still showing delayed without an arrival date on their website.

Just a heads up, Bestbuy just charged me for the Ellie Edition that's still showing delayed without an arrival date on their website.
I got the same notice and am kinda concerned about what to do- I'm heading out of town on Wednesday and I really hope it arrives before then.

I notice all the prices on the store for bloodlines are in EU. It doesn't mention if it's a steam key or a region locked key for PC. I really want to pull the trigger but i'm nervous about it..

My order for the collector's edition is the same situation. I talked to a BestBuy rep and said that my order was in the preparing phase even though my order history doesn't reflect this. If you received an email a couple weeks ago saying that a previous email that was sent to you was an error, you "SHOULD" be all set.

The pending charge is a good sign that it's going through but fingers crossed,still

XC EU Special Edition shipment must've arrived, Amazon UK finally shipped mine, expecting to arrive this Friday, 5 days earlier than estimated..

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I notice all the prices on the store for bloodlines are in EU. It doesn't mention if it's a steam key or a region locked key for PC. I really want to pull the trigger but i'm nervous about it..
The price difference is $60 for the standalone, so get that and wait to see if BB has a steelbook pre-order go up for the local copy of the game!

My "The last of us Part II Ellie edition" just shipped from Best buy, got it for $199.99 since when I ordered it I had GCU, but the regular price was $249.99 :(

For those with shipping from GS and BBY, is it expected to be delivered on release date? I've been charged for everything but no shipping notices... 

For those with shipping from GS and BBY, is it expected to be delivered on release date? I've been charged for everything but no shipping notices...
Mine from GS says being prepared. It was a just in case order with all this covid mess. I've got an in store pre-order I'll user certs on and return the online order.

I wouldn't bet on it with BB. I'm Elite Plus and the last few collector's editions I have received were shipped the day before release but didn't deliver until 3-4 days after release. Not sure if BB is using less urgent UPS shipping or it's an issue on the UPS side. My Despeados 3 CE isn't going to be here until Monday.

Just got a alert from UPS saying my package is delayed, but now being delivered tmw? For my Ellie Edition from BB, just saw that they shipped it UPS Next Day Air lol.

XC EU Special Edition shipment must've arrived, Amazon UK finally shipped mine, expecting to arrive this Friday, 5 days earlier than estimated..

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
Mine shipped and got here faster than expected too, but they sent it in a thin plastic bag without any padding at all, so it was pretty beat up. Happy it arrived at least, I thought for sure it was never going to happen.

My email from BB says delayed, but getting it tomorrow.

Edit: got another delayed email that says Monday. So who the hell knows lol.

Still nothing from BBY for me on either the Ellie Ed or PS4...:whistle2:/
Just got an email from bb my Tlou ce has shipped. Still shows delayed on bb tho.

Edit. Bb now has arriving tomorrow. Not showing delayed anymore
Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back