2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
course I sat around waiting on bestbuy rewards to post, so I could use them on Ghost SE, then it was out of stock.  shouldn't have been dragging my feet I guess.  Not like steelbook is amazing, but still wanted it.

course I sat around waiting on bestbuy rewards to post, so I could use them on Ghost SE, then it was out of stock. shouldn't have been dragging my feet I guess. Not like steelbook is amazing, but still wanted it.
Check Sony's site. Even though you can't use your points, I think they still have the SE in stock.

Can't stand Gamespot tbh lol
Doing my bing searches each day shows more of them than I want. They post constantly old and worthless "news" every day. Almost all the articles that pop up are things like "when can you pre-order ps5" when they don't have an answer. I wish you could hide sites on those feeds.

Is GoT going to get the steelbook edition in stock on release day? I recall historically these editions typically get some kind of release day restock.

As far as reviews are concerned I'm seeing a pattern where anyone predisposed to dislike typical open world game structure is not impressed. These folks (Gamespot, Polygon, The Verge, etc.) all tend to only be interested in games with political motifs or games they can qualify and review for certain audiences (like Nintendo games for kids).

The more "traditional game" reviews cite much better than average collectibles, sidequests, combat and story with only stealth and AI being consistently called out for being underdeveloped and poorly implemented.

Oops! I just got notified my GoT CE was shipping from Target. My order from GS is shipping Friday. Hopefully I can cancel it lol. I forgot I ordered from two places to assure I got one

What CEs are you guys getting for the rest of the year? I only have 3 on pre-order. Amalur, Cyberpunk and Trails of Cold Steel IV. And Trails isn't even really a CE it's more of an LE. So essentially only 2. And I may cancel Amalur. I only pre-ordered it because I never finished it originally on previous gen consoles and wanted to beat it this time around.

Unless they announce more games for 2020 that really interest me, that'll probably be it for me for 2020.

What CEs are you guys getting for the rest of the year? I only have 3 on pre-order. Amalur, Cyberpunk and Trails of Cold Steel IV. And Trails isn't even really a CE it's more of an LE. So essentially only 2. And I may cancel Amalur. I only pre-ordered it because I never finished it originally on previous gen consoles and wanted to beat it this time around.

Unless they announce more games for 2020 that really interest me, that'll probably be it for me for 2020.
Vampire something bloodlines something 2, cyberpunk, Tony Hawk, and assassin's creed valhalla so far. Tempted by avengers and watchdogs

As far as reviews are concerned I'm seeing a pattern where anyone predisposed to dislike typical open world game structure is not impressed. These folks (Gamespot, Polygon, The Verge, etc.) all tend to only be interested in games with political motifs or games they can qualify and review for certain audiences (like Nintendo games for kids).

The more "traditional game" reviews cite much better than average collectibles, sidequests, combat and story with only stealth and AI being consistently called out for being underdeveloped and poorly implemented.
Funny you mention this, I was thinking something similar. The people at Polygon and Kotaku seem to favor Nintendo games or games that are non-traditional/indie. Gamespot reviewers are fine but it seems like the way they assign the reviewer is random/doesn't make sense. For FF7R, the review was really well done even if I didn't agree with the high score, the reviewer was clearly the right person to review the game for what it was. Compare that with the review for Last of Us II, the reviewer seemed to say the game was fine but had issues the game not explicitly violent (and this was something I noticed in other reviews as well)... and I was just thinking a) it's a game, not philosophy class and b) it's a game set in a post-apocalyptic world where people are pieces of shit who'll do anything to survive.

I'm looking forward to GoT. The B&W mode looks damn cool... kinda wish the game was shorter though. I can't do these 40 hr games as much these days.

I'm done after GoT. Unless I can snag a Cyberpunk which I highly doubt I will be able to.

Also wonder if since it dropped in price of those that preordered prior to the drop will get the 60 dollar price since they do that with their PO’s

Indigo Prophecy PS4 from LRG (paid via PayPal, waiting on shipment)

Coffee Talk from Strictly Limited Games in Europe (paid via PayPal, waiting on shipment)

Amalur (paid off in GS trade credit and is the last of my built up credit pre lockdown before trade values fell off a cliff)

Valhalla (pre paid on Ubisoft via PayPal, waiting on release)

digital copy of Cyberpunk and 1st expansion via XB1X Cyberpunk

I have Vampire CE (whatever that means since GS has it at $70) preordered for the minimum since it has no release date yet and have Ys IX preordered (for some reason NIS America doesn't charge PayPal as soon as you make the order as others do)

Edit: Got LoU P2 and GoT also from GS fully in trade credit.

Oops! I just got notified my GoT CE was shipping from Target. My order from GS is shipping Friday. Hopefully I can cancel it lol. I forgot I ordered from two places to assure I got one
Wth my CE’s from them usually ships late if it’s a pre order. How’s urs already shipped from target

Indigo Prophecy PS4 from LRG (paid via PayPal, waiting on shipment)

Coffee Talk from Strictly Limited Games in Europe (paid via PayPal, waiting on shipment)

Amalur (paid off in GS trade credit and is the last of my built up credit pre lockdown before trade values fell off a cliff)

Valhalla (pre paid on Ubisoft via PayPal, waiting on release)

digital copy of Cyberpunk and 1st expansion via XB1X Cyberpunk

I have Vampire CE (whatever that means since GS has it at $70) preordered for the minimum since it has no release date yet and have Ys IX preordered (for some reason NIS America doesn't charge PayPal as soon as you make the order as others do)
I think a developer said the Vampire CE on Gamestop is just a deluxe edition of some sort. The real CE is only on the devs web site and is $140 shipped to the US without a game.

On another note: I kinda miss Gamestop getting collector's editions. I much rather put down $50 and pay off the game a bit at a time than all these developer sites that charge full price right away. Ubisoft has 3 $190+ CEs that charge right away when you order. :/

Edit 2: This is the gamestop Ultimate edition steelbook for FC6. I might like this better than $200 flamethrower!

https://media.gamestop.com/i/gamestop/FC6_CP1_Feature/fc6.jpg?w=550

I had held on to my 25% off coupon code from when my GCU ended, so when GOT CE came back up, i tried to use it and it claimed that the coupon code didn't exist. Typical best buy BS. I did the customer device chat, and pleased my case, but they claim that the 25% can't be used in pre orders, only for games that are in stock. Later on they admitted that other people had been having problems using it, but still refused to give me the discount and told me to go to the store when it comes out and ask a manager.

I had a 10% birthday month offer still available, so I had the choice of cutting my losses and getting the CE at 10% off, or taking my chances that it'll be in stock on Friday and a manager wouldn't tell me to eff off. I chose the former. Hopefully i made the right choice...

I had held on to my 25% off coupon code from when my GCU ended, so when GOT CE came back up, i tried to use it and it claimed that the coupon code didn't exist. Typical best buy BS. I did the customer device chat, and pleased my case, but they claim that the 25% can't be used in pre orders, only for games that are in stock. Later on they admitted that other people had been having problems using it, but still refused to give me the discount and told me to go to the store when it comes out and ask a manager.

I had a 10% birthday month offer still available, so I had the choice of cutting my losses and getting the CE at 10% off, or taking my chances that it'll be in stock on Friday and a manager wouldn't tell me to eff off. I chose the former. Hopefully i made the right choice...
Buy it, then go into a store, return it, and rebuy with your 25% off coupon. Easy

Buy it, then go into a store, return it, and rebuy with your 25% off coupon. Easy
I can at least take it back when it does come and ask if they will ok my use of the 25% off, it just would have been nice to use the 10% off on something else, instead of as a backup plan. Also, I'm apprehensive about having it shipped, usually this stuff I'll do pick up in store and I'm concerned it'll end up with a dinged up box or worse.

I can at least take it back when it does come and ask if they will ok my use of the 25% off, it just would have been nice to use the 10% off on something else, instead of as a backup plan. Also, I'm apprehensive about having it shipped, usually this stuff I'll do pick up in store and I'm concerned it'll end up with a dinged up box or worse.
The last few CE's I have gotten have been shipped in their dedicated shipping boxes that came from the manufacturer. I don't see why GoT wouldn't be the same way. Not to mention, store pickup you are just asking for shit to be beat to hell lol

The last few CE's I have gotten have been shipped in their dedicated shipping boxes that came from the manufacturer. I don't see why GoT wouldn't be the same way. Not to mention, store pickup you are just asking for shit to be beat to hell lol
Large CEs are always shipped this way, they're packed as 1 CE in 1 shipping box (the RE2/3, Last of Us II, Doom Eternal) for transfer to retailers so retailers just ship them that way. For smaller CEs, they often pack multiple in 1 shipping box (Sekiro, Persona 5 Royal). No clue how big the GoT CE is...

Amazon looks to be spot on with dimensions of collectors boxes. Tos is like 13x9x6 or something along that size. Seen an unboxing on YouTube. It isnt that big. The banner inside looks giant. Mask looks cool I think.

Large CEs are always shipped this way, they're packed as 1 CE in 1 shipping box (the RE2/3, Last of Us II, Doom Eternal) for transfer to retailers so retailers just ship them that way. For smaller CEs, they often pack multiple in 1 shipping box (Sekiro, Persona 5 Royal). No clue how big the GoT CE is...
Very true. Although with Death Stranding, they had two to a box, and they removed one and shipped mine in the original manufacturer box lol. I guess it is all random. I expect GoT to be pretty large though.

I had no idea BB had an Assassin's Creed statue version that looks better than the CE. It has no extra goodies. Just a statue and gold edition. You do get to see the gold ed steelbook on the page too. Seems to be a figure packaged separate from the game and Xbox only at the moment.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ubisoft-assassins-creed-valhalla-ragnarok-edition-package-for-xbox-one/9999300000000481.p?skuId=9999300000000481
GCU doesn't work with it for some reason.

Anyone who ordered the Ghosts CE on the restock from BB will have their order cancelled and be refunded and given a free copy of the standard edition apparently. The restock was an error.

Anyone who ordered the Ghosts CE on the restock from BB will have their order cancelled and be refunded and given a free copy of the standard edition apparently. The restock was an error.
I can confirm that my Best Buy Ghosts CE edition pre-order was also cancelled.

However on the PLUS side:

We know how excited you are to get your Ghost of Tsushima Collectors Edition PlayStation 4 that you pre-ordered on BestBuy.com. Sadly, we encountered a system error and won’t be able to fulfill your order of the Ghost of Tsushima Collectors Edition PlayStation 4. We know how important that game may have been and want to make this right for you.

In addition to a full refund, we are sending you the Launch Edition of Ghost of Tsushima at no cost. You do not need to do anything else to receive this new order. We are working to get the Launch Edition to you as quickly as possible. Your account will be credited for the cancelled game and the refund will go to your original payment method, whether it is by credit card, debit card or another method of payment. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that we have caused you, but we hope you enjoy playing your new game!

So there's that... plus the fact that I ALSO preordered the CE edition of GoT on Amazon 'just to be safe'...

:cool:

Maybe a dumb question but is it likely stores will at least get the steelbook version back in? Anyone know if Gamestop or Bestbuy is getting a couple on hand?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq Best Buy I ordered day 1 of announcement tooo!! Now I cant get it anywhere after looking buy $300+ scalpers.

I had no idea BB had an Assassin's Creed statue version that looks better than the CE. It has no extra goodies. Just a statue and gold edition. You do get to see the gold ed steelbook on the page too. Seems to be a figure packaged separate from the game and Xbox only at the moment.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ubisoft-assassins-creed-valhalla-ragnarok-edition-package-for-xbox-one/9999300000000481.p?skuId=9999300000000481
This is what GS did for Odyssey. For $50 more I will take the female Eivor statue, soundtrack, and more content/different Steelbook from Ubisoft.

My order shipped from Best Buy. I think I ordered around announcement though.

Edit- ordered 3/20/20 arriving tomorrow it says.

I passed on the Ubisoft CE. I'm trying to cut down on them. If they restock it maybe I'll consider, it's sold out right now. They usually restock. I'll probably pass though. The Odyssey one was freaking huge and if this one is anywhere near as big I'm just running out of space.

Mine shipped and I ordered it on Monday lol

Also, if anyone needs a Ghosts CE, I supposedly have an extra coming from Sony. It has been delayed twice, but if anyone wants it, hit me up because I was planning on sending it back.

Lol I ordered Ghost of Tsushima CE 2 days ago from Bestbuy, they already delivered it to me an hour ago. I used a $30 reward certificate towsrds it too.

Maybe a dumb question but is it likely stores will at least get the steelbook version back in? Anyone know if Gamestop or Bestbuy is getting a couple on hand?
My store has no extras. Just enough for preorders. Even the launch sku is all spoken for and the standard is barely being stocked. Seems Sony way over produced TLoU2 at the expense of this game.

Lol I ordered Ghost of Tsushima CE 2 days ago from Bestbuy, they already delivered it to me an hour ago. I used a $30 reward certificate towsrds it too.
The fuck... I had one pre-ordered since it went live at BBY and my package got delayed until Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back