2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes went up on Kickstarter today. There were some editions that came with resin statues, but they went really fast and were each several hundred dollars. Suikoden is my favorite RPG series of all-time so I picked a happy medium. I ordered the one with the soundtrack, artbook, physical copy, and beta. It came to like $140 or so. I feel good about backing it.

The only problem is 2 years is a long wait, not sure what console to even get it on. It advertised as being on Nintendo's next console and it isn't even a thing yet lol.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes went up on Kickstarter today. There were some editions that came with resin statues, but they went really fast and were each several hundred dollars. Suikoden is my favorite RPG series of all-time so I picked a happy medium. I ordered the one with the soundtrack, artbook, physical copy, and beta. It came to like $140 or so. I feel good about backing it.

The only problem is 2 years is a long wait, not sure what console to even get it on. It advertised as being on Nintendo's next console and it isn't even a thing yet lol.
I backed at the $60 level. I am hoping after the success of this we will get a port of Suikoden I & II to the Switch.

I backed at the $60 level. I am hoping after the success of this we will get a port of Suikoden I & II to the Switch.
dont-give-me-hope-892x475.jpg

The number of special editions for this is insane... they have like 3 variants of each. I also don't know if I want to back another project for someone that was once legendary but maybe not so much now. Bloodstained and Shenmue III both seemed like the end results were questionable.

I'd love another Suikoden I/II-esque RPG but not sure that they'll be able to replicate or come close.

EDIT* Just noticed the figure tiers only allowed 10 backers...? That seems WAYYYYYY low... especially since some of the more expensive tiers don't offer as good of rewards.

I'm just as excited about Eiyuden Chronicle as anyone.  But I don't need to back the Kickstarter.  I can enjoy the game when it's released.

Mine already got delivered last week and it came in perfect condition. :)
I had one back ordered when we talked about it last week and it got shipped this morning. Adorama does treat their packages like gold when they come through.

I hope Best Buy was better with the Destroy All Humans CEs. Mine is out for delivery. Anybody else excited to revisit this game?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I hope Best Buy was better with the Destroy All Humans CEs. Mine is out for delivery. Anybody else excited to revisit this game?

Did you get the DNA CE or the Crypto one? I really like the statue in the DNA one, but didn't expect it to sell out. Was hoping to get it for under $100 at some point.

Did you get the DNA CE or the Crypto one? I really like the statue in the DNA one, but didn't expect it to sell out. Was hoping to get it for under $100 at some point.
I got the Crypto. DNA just doesn't seem worth it to me. For the price anyway. A Crypto backpack seems nice, but in no way should it make it that expensive. My opinion though. I felt the buyer's remorse before buying it haha

I had one back ordered when we talked about it last week and it got shipped this morning. Adorama does treat their packages like gold when they come through.
Agreed! I cancelled my original BB preorder because I had bad experiences with them with CEs....almost really regretted it when I couldn’t find a different retailer that stocked GoT. Good thing the one from adorama pulled very nicely.

Agreed! I cancelled my original BB preorder because I had bad experiences with them with CEs....almost really regretted it when I couldn’t find a different retailer that stocked GoT. Good thing the one from adorama pulled very nicely.
Buddy of mine ordered a GoT CE from them the Saturday after it came up and he actually ended up getting it. Except they packed it like complete morons and put the CE in one corner of a huge box and fill the rest of the box with bubble wrap. So every time the box was dropped on those conveyor bends or by employees, it fell corner first... due to the weight imbalance. Needless to say, it arrived with massive dings on the two corners that were unprotected.

Buddy of mine ordered a GoT CE from them the Saturday after it came up and he actually ended up getting it. Except they packed it like complete morons and put the CE in one corner of a huge box and fill the rest of the box with bubble wrap. So every time the box was dropped on those conveyor bends or by employees, it fell corner first... due to the weight imbalance. Needless to say, it arrived with massive dings on the two corners that were unprotected.
That sucks. I guess I think I'll order from Adorama whenever possible. I think my experience with Best Buy packaging hit the fan when my GCU ended. Never really had a bad experience until then. My GCU ended on April. So who knows?

The CEs were clearly packed 2/case by the manufacturer. For mine, you could tell that they removed one CE from the case, filled the void with bubble wrap, then shipped it. I got lucky though and it arrived in good shape.

The CEs were clearly packed 2/case by the manufacturer. For mine, you could tell that they removed one CE from the case, filled the void with bubble wrap, then shipped it. I got lucky though and it arrived in good shape.
His shipped an Adorama box which was 4x the size. The box itself was sturdy but just dumb/lazy to stick the item in a corner. They also wouldn't offer a replacement or anything and basically said, sucks to be you.

Target shipped mine in a box but it was packed with air bubbles all around.

The number of special editions for this is insane... they have like 3 variants of each. I also don't know if I want to back another project for someone that was once legendary but maybe not so much now. Bloodstained and Shenmue III both seemed like the end results were questionable.

I'd love another Suikoden I/II-esque RPG but not sure that they'll be able to replicate or come close.

EDIT* Just noticed the figure tiers only allowed 10 backers...? That seems WAYYYYYY low... especially since some of the more expensive tiers don't offer as good of rewards.
Bloodstained was very good, unless you got the switch version.

Best Buy packed my GoT CE in a box with triangular wedges in the corners to seat / hold the CE box. The other side of the box was empty - probably had 2 CEs in it originally. The box was compressed during delivery and there are ugly triangular dents on both bottom corners of the back face. Maybe that’s how it came from the factory because it was still in the (opened and resealed) factory shipping box.

Bloodstained was very good, unless you got the switch version.
Bloodstained was barely mediocre, with a story that made little sense and skill mechanics pulled straight from the DS Castlevania. I forget which one of the two, but it was the exact same, repeat kill a monster until it drops a soul for 100 useless abilities.

Bloodstained was barely mediocre, with a story that made little sense and skill mechanics pulled straight from the DS Castlevania. I forget which one of the two, but it was the exact same, repeat kill a monster until it drops a soul for 100 useless abilities.
Disagree. Quality game all around and it was meant to be a spiritual successor to SotN- it’s designed to be derivative of previous Metroidvanias- which is what the stated purpose was for the Kickstarter that funded it.

GoT CE is in stock at Adorama if anyone is still looking.
I'm debating on this. On one hand, I was excited to hear about the game when it was announced ages ago. I preordered Sekiro day one and it just wasn't my thing. Now I know this is an open world game, and as many as of here has discussed, the burnout on that genre is real. I'm definitely interested in the game, though I feel like waiting for a sub $30 price point.

The scarcity of the CE and the collector in me wants the best edition, though I don't feel the statue and cloth map are worth $100. Can anyone chime in on quality?

a8kn1bt96ml31.jpg

I'd consider the 2.5D graphics mediocre but the core gameplay and mechanics, lifted from some of the better Castlevanias the producer previously worked on? Nah.

Actually the soul thingy started on GBA castlevania aria of sorrow.

what part about it being a castlevania successor was lost on you when they clearly stated that's what they were making?

I didn't know this existed, you blink and miss a 300 dollar CE. 2020 is a crazy year!

What's wrong with the backpack?
I liked the original color and don't like the printed fabric. Also not 300$, but $400 plus tax.

But I did use by going away gift from best buy game club (25% off coupon) and got mine for $260 after tax.

Capture.png

Still in stock at amazon, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WJHDRQ8

I liked the original color and don't like the printed fabric. Also not 300$, but $400 plus tax.
But I did use by going away gift from best buy game club (25% off coupon) and got mine for $260 after tax.

Capture.png

Still in stock at amazon, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WJHDRQ8
That's....wow. It looks cheaply made. I mean contents of the Crypto Edition aside, did anybody else feel the game was kinda dead? I remember music as you fought off humans as your notoriety went up. And the AI spawn right in front of your face. I've seen like 15 cops spawn in front of me. They did us dirty it seems. Like Bethesda wrong :(

You haven't spoiled anything major but better safe than sorry. As Blueweltall said, just use spoilers. I really just didn't want you naming
Abby because... it's such a huge part of the story. Blew my mind when ND put your in her shoes.

Also, if you beat the game, Girlfriend Reviews video on the game is really good and sums up a lot of things well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh5gzGs-63Y
Vinny, I finally got around to watching that video. This video from Kyle Bosman is also very well done too. If you have 45 mins check it out.

Spoilers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edoqpLkM8gE

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back