2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who just wanted to buy Best Buy's steelbooks individually, but couldn't, so you placed an order and then cancelled just the game part of the order... did that work? A few here in the past said they were gonna do that and I wonder if they still shipped just the steelbook.

I want the Avengers steelbook, but I have no interest in the game at this point. I wanted to cancel just the game and have them adjust the price, but I don't know if they end up just cancelling the steelbook part of the order later even though it adjusts the price.

From what I see. That no longer works. When you cancel the game it just cancels both items. I really wanted the steelbook to.

For those of you who just wanted to buy Best Buy's steelbooks individually, but couldn't, so you placed an order and then cancelled just the game part of the order... did that work? A few here in the past said they were gonna do that and I wonder if they still shipped just the steelbook.

I want the Avengers steelbook, but I have no interest in the game at this point. I wanted to cancel just the game and have them adjust the price, but I don't know if they end up just cancelling the steelbook part of the order later even though it adjusts the price.
From what I see. That no longer works. When you cancel the game it just cancels both items. I really wanted the steelbook to.
BBY ordering system is a bit wonky with free gift since early this year, I preordered RE3 early in Jan but canceled the game the day before launch day in April, they charged and let the steelbook shipped.

Tried the same trick with Avengers and Cyberpunk when the steelbooks first popped up on their site but didn't work.

You could 1) go in store and buy one, 2) wait for the game to go on sale, bound to hit $30-$40 by BF, or 3) wait and see if Bestbuy will be selling the steelbook separately online.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I did see they offer some steelbooks online after the fact. Resident evil 2 and 3 and doom eternal. Were all on the site for Individual sale.

My local bb never has any steelbook for sale by themselves.

I returned RE3 when stores opened back up and I got to keep the steelbook for free. May have been a one off given the circumstances.

Maybe they just aren't in plain view and priced? Mine still has tons of Doom, Battlefield V and Shenmue plus other stuff like Lego Switch.

Kinda not CE related, but I was going to wait on the beta to decide if I was going to keep the Avengers CE, then I got an email this morning that the Geralt Ronin Figure was in stock on CDPR's site and that took priority pretty fast.

Kinda not CE related, but I was going to wait on the beta to decide if I was going to keep the Avengers CE, then I got an email this morning that the Geralt Ronin Figure was in stock on CDPR's site and that took priority pretty fast.
I was also waiting on beta and then Verizon wireless offered 5k copies of the game To customers through Verizon up yesterday for free So since i snagged a free copy I’m not about to buy the CE anymore

Oh man. I wish you hadn’t! I just might.

Oh man. I wish you hadn’t! I just might.
It arrived today and here it is with the CE statue to keep it on topic. Super great quality! It's expensive, but not as much as some of those other high end figures like the Ubisoft ones. I'm keeping my eye out for the Ciri one next!
BCLSUUb.jpg

It arrived today and here it is with the CE statue to keep it on topic. Super great quality! It's expensive, but not as much as some of those other high end figures like the Ubisoft ones. I'm keeping my eye out for the Ciri one next!
BCLSUUb.jpg
Nice. That looks 2 feet tall?

And your Witcher book collection👍 And the Gwent bundles too.

Nice. That looks 2 feet tall?

And your Witcher book collection And the Gwent bundles too.
13.5" about. I've got the 6 steelbooks too. I just painted my room, so it's not gone back on the wall yet but here is a link to how I had it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steelbooks/comments/ar46z5/witcher_steelbooks_on_display/

Still on the fence about the avengers CE. It's still in stock and many people are pretty meh on the game. I'm enjoying the time in co-op, so I'll be getting it, but I think a price drop is likely...

I got a pre-order in for the XIII metal case limited edition today. Not a steelbook, but I'm down with it.

Some good news and some bad news. Found a GameStop store with an existing Tsushima CE in stock.... six hours and over 300mi away... each way! Thankfully my partner was traveling and was pretty close to the store to pick it up for me.

Still good news. Super mint condition and not a scratch on the box.

Now the bad news. The steelbook was intentionally damaged BEFORE packaging and shipping. There’s scratches and a clear as day spine slash from a box cutter before the packers put the CE together.

[attachment=34467:EE28C375-7C91-4E5D-B4CC-A1D73534E7F1.jpeg]

[attachment=34468:429A6306-B2ED-436A-93EC-D5873F185D3A.jpeg]

I reached out to Sucker Punch via Twitter to see if they can held resolve this. To pay nearly $200 for this CE and to have someone at the employee level damage the contents before packaging and shipping is just wrong.

It’s not intentional. It happens all the time when employees carelessly open the cases of Steelbooks to put them in the CEs.

Negligence and recklessness is intentional in my eyes. Just like firearm safety, there’s no such thing as an accidental discharge. You just don’t mess up.

Mine came with a perfect straight cut in the middle of the spine too also my death stranding steelbook same thing

I think some machine is cutting these from factory because no way a human can cut perfect straight line on all the same steelbooks on all the same location of the spine

Mine came with a perfect straight cut in the middle of the spine too also my death stranding steelbook same thing
I think some machine is cutting these from factory because no way a human can cut perfect straight line on all the same steelbooks on all the same location of the spine
Oh I know exactly how it happened. And it’s definitely a human doing it maliciously. The steelbooks come in a case of 10 at a time in a cardboard box. A person uses a box cutter to slit the packaging tape and cuts too deep, pressing into the spines of whatever is inside.

All they have to do is not use too much pressure. Many boxes that have fragile items inside usually say “don’t cut deep” marked on the outside. You’d think a rare collectible like this would’ve been handled with care.

when the warehouse tells u to work faster, thats what ppl do. just cut the box. they not gonna care. even the steelbooks at best buy got spine slashes.

Goes along with the packing of CEs with no padding (or inadequate padding) in oversized boxes. Its ALL about speed and getting the most items packed and shipped during a shift. Maybe not at smaller specialized companies like LRG, but definitely at huge corporations like Amazon, etc.

They just probably felt like cutting bamboos just let it be. Everyone gotta get that resolve
I get what you’re saying, I truly do. That ‘resolve’ though is expected in this situation. Would you buy a brand new car like a $60k Tesla Y and have loads of panel gap and paint issues? Is it fair to buy a $200 CE and have damaged contents?

If this was a plain Blu-ray case I wouldn’t care, I’d just swap it out. This is an irreplaceable steelbook, one in a CE I spent hours hunting and found one literary 306 miles away from my home. So yes, I deserve that ‘resolve’.

I get what you’re saying, I truly do. That ‘resolve’ though is expected in this situation. Would you buy a brand new car like a $60k Tesla Y and have loads of panel gap and paint issues? Is it fair to buy a $200 CE and have damaged contents?

If this was a plain Blu-ray case I wouldn’t care, I’d just swap it out. This is an irreplaceable steelbook, one in a CE I spent hours hunting and found one literary 306 miles away from my home. So yes, I deserve that ‘resolve’.
Bad analogy. I think Teslas are known for paint issues and panel gaps (at least they were....maybe they've improved). But I get the point. It's disappointing to have anything be damaged in a CE.

Out of curiosity, do the CE and SE have the same Steelbook?

Bad analogy. I think Teslas are known for paint issues and panel gaps (at least they were....maybe they've improved). But I get the point. It's disappointing to have anything be damaged in a CE.

Out of curiosity, do the CE and SE have the same Steelbook?
Yep. My SE is slashed and it's in a sleeve.

Oh I know exactly how it happened. And it’s definitely a human doing it maliciously. The steelbooks come in a case of 10 at a time in a cardboard box. A person uses a box cutter to slit the packaging tape and cuts too deep, pressing into the spines of whatever is inside.

All they have to do is not use too much pressure. Many boxes that have fragile items inside usually say “don’t cut deep” marked on the outside. You’d think a rare collectible like this would’ve been handled with care.
I agree that you should seek resolution given how hard you worked to hunt this one down. Don’t take it personal though, it wasn’t malicious. I am often disappointed by how my items are packed and arrive, but a full time job of warehouse packer is not an easy or fulfilling job. It would be interesting if all the cases of steelbook damage came from one person or source though. Or maybe it was part of an automated process that damaged them?

Spine slashes are 100% the fault of the company making them. There's no reason they should still be packing them with the spines anywhere near where the tape is going to be cut.

Wasn't this a commonly reported problem with GoT CE? I feel like i've seen multiple people say the SB inside their CE was scratched. 

Wasn't this a commonly reported problem with GoT CE? I feel like i've seen multiple people say the SB inside their CE was scratched.
I’ve probably seen about 5 people mention it, and I haven’t been following the CE or threads about it much. I have a sealed copy myself in the backlog, wonder if I should open it to check the steelbook. If this is a big enough problem or it spread in social media, the manufacturer might issue replacements...the time for that has probably already passed though, not at all likely any more.

That’s true. They should definitely replace it with honor. They should also give some kind of dlc code to show their code of honor

That news post for the Ubisoft CEs is on the UK web site.  US pages for those CEs do not mention digital versions.  It may be a region thing.

Also: Avengers Unboxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UuE8BfNKD8

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back