2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of NISA... they're going to charge for Trials of Cold Steel IV in a few days... a month before it ships. Is this new? I haven't purchased anything from them in ages but this kinda sketchy, to charge for something this early. 

Speaking of NISA... they're going to charge for Trials of Cold Steel IV in a few days... a month before it ships. Is this new? I haven't purchased anything from them in ages but this kinda sketchy, to charge for something this early.
It's new. They did this for Prinny as well a few days ago. Their customer service response time has become horrible. It took three weeks for them to respond to an e-mail and voice mail I left about a damaged item I received and another six weeks to get it replaced with about 1-2 week gaps in responding to each subsequent e-mail. I get that Covid makes it tougher, but a lot of us work from home and still respond to e-mails immediately.

It's new. They did this for Prinny as well a few days ago. Their customer service response time has become horrible. It took three weeks for them to respond to an e-mail and voice mail I left about a damaged item I received and another six weeks to get it replaced with about 1-2 week gaps in responding to each subsequent e-mail. I get that Covid makes it tougher, but a lot of us work from home and still respond to e-mails immediately.
I agree, they should be able to at least give you an update/response even if they can't replace it yet.

I'm honestly tired of COVID as an excuse for some companies. I get it for front line workers but for companies that can work in the background, it's ridiculous. It's been 6 months, if by now you don't have things figured out, it's likely a reflection on how not doing enough or mishandling your own end.

yea the COVID excuse has been running thin for many warehouses and manufacturing facilities.  Plenty of industries have ramped their production back up closer to pre-pandemic times in recent months. 

Rightstuf and other vendors/webshops have been abusing the excuse.  They're still plenty happy enough to sell as many items as possible while they are unable to ship and fulfill orders for months.  

Anyone need a Tony Hawk CE?  Got an extra that I am going to return today to Gamestop since I was able to get mine from Target.  Has some damage, but nothing major.  Toss me a PM if you want it.

Man I miss gamers club from best buy ugh
You and me both... I would gladly take it back even if they offered like 10% of a discount instead of 20%. It's crazy, I never realized how much it sucks paying full price for games, especially now with physical games selling out sooner and faster meaning you can't just wait for it to go on sale for anything outside of the most major releases.

Monster Hunter Rise LE (JP)
¥16,000
02d1961d8fa35b20e5b9acd6c38dfc4b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
I'd just take the plush TBH.

I miss being able to buy PSN using certificates and Gift Cards....
I don't. It's sub-$30 like everyday now from. . .other retailers. . .

Just loaded up on three years before they up the price to $80 so they can 'provide more value through the PS collection'.

Does anyone think gamer's club like programs will ever come back? Obviously not at the $30/year price, but for the original, what was it $220 or something?

It really would be useful with the nextgen price bumps. I'm on my last 2 months.

Does anyone think gamer's club like programs will ever come back? Obviously not at the $30/year price, but for the original, what was it $220 or something?

It really would be useful with the nextgen price bumps. I'm on my last 2 months.
After BestBuy pulled out, it was clear that it wasn't coming back since everyone else also stopped their similar programs. BB was trying to get a leg up on the gaming market but guess it didn't work out.

I'd gladly pay the original $120 for it but I don't see it coming back.

It's interesting the timing of the cancellation given the current news of price hikes. If it was complete coincidence then that's a bullet dodged for them. Otherwise, with so much noise from the industry behind the idea of raising prices this generation, I have to think that this was their plan for years now and we missed the writing on the wall when GCU was canceled. Very interesting.

Abusers ruined it for everybody. We had independent game shop owners coming in and buying the max amount of every big release (on multiple accounts) and they would return what didn't sell right before the 45 day return window was up.

It’s unfortunate that they didn’t just try to scale it back to 1/title instead of 3/title.

The lack of discounts has me seriously reconsidering if I want PS5 or XSX at launch.

Abusers ruined it for everybody. We had independent game shop owners coming in and buying the max amount of every big release (on multiple accounts) and they would return what didn't sell right before the 45 day return window was up.
Well I'd imagine even without that it wasn't long for this world regardless. Charging only $30 a year or maybe it was even 2 years? The losses would have to be substantial. You make that up in 3 game purchases and this isn't like the gift card situation where 50% of people who get gift cards never use them. Everyone who bought GCU was intent on using the hell out of it, so I can't see how they didn't take crazy losses.

Well I'd imagine even without that it wasn't long for this world regardless. Charging only $30 a year or maybe it was even 2 years? The losses would have to be substantial. You make that up in 3 game purchases and this isn't like the gift card situation where 50% of people who get gift cards never use them. Everyone who bought GCU was intent on using the hell out of it, so I can't see how they didn't take crazy losses.
I agree. It's not about a few abusers. Selling video games almost at cost is not profitable in itself unless they have millions of GCU members.(They prolly only have 100k to 200K)
Then I assume BestBuy was trying to lure gamers to their stores and hoping they would buy TVs and other big purchases. And myself as an example, I almost only bought video games from them. So from a business perspective, there's no point of keeping GCU.

Also GCU created a technical challenge for their IT guys somehow. I can still remember some glitches tied to GCU.

I agree. It's not about a few abusers. Selling video games almost at cost is not profitable in itself unless they have millions of GCU members.(They prolly only have 100k to 200K)
Then I assume BestBuy was trying to lure gamers to their stores and hoping they would buy TVs and other big purchases. And myself as an example, I almost only bought video games from them. So from a business perspective, there's no point of keeping GCU.

Also GCU created a technical challenge for their IT guys somehow. I can still remember some glitches tied to GCU.
See, it was the opposite for me. It brought me into best buy and I'd make all my purchases there. Since losing my GCU, I dropped spending there from $3500-5000 a year, to this year only about $150 (plus my PS5 pre order)

See, it was the opposite for me. It brought me into best buy and I'd make all my purchases there. Since losing my GCU, I dropped spending there from $3500-5000 a year, to this year only about $150 (plus my PS5 pre order)
There are definitely ideal customers like you. But I think there weren't enough people like you to justify GCU for BestBuy; Without GCU, they can actually make a profit on video games even if it means they'll sell less copies overall.

Ditto. Now I have Red Card and will just use the b2g1 sales as a chance to buy what I want for less, and return the other games. Before BB was the better deal because of $10 rewards and bonus points. Not anymore.

Any chance GCU applies to this later with it already being discounted(for some reason)?

I can't order it anyway my CC expires and it won't let me. Guess I need to buy a gift card and use that.
It did not for me so I didn’t order it yet. The base game alone didn’t either. So they may not have added the capabilities for it yet. I’m sure they will later. So if you’re really interested you can get the statue alone on sale and wait for the game to add it so you can buy it separately. I’m sure the steelbook will be added as well for free. That’s what I’m banking on but we’ll see. I don’t really need another master chief statue anyway.

Grabbed a monster hunter Rise ce, I hope they make one for monster hunter stories 2

Kingdom of Amalur CE in stock for all platforms at Amazon. PS4 has 243 copies & Xbox has 143, so I doubt these will last very long
Eh... I kinda wanted it before when there was FOMO panic but I'm gonna pass. I'm sure it's rare but I think this is gonna be one of those regret buys if I did buy it.

233 PS4 and 132 XB1 as of right now.

Nier Replicant White Snow Edition, doesn't look like steelbook included this time around
38bccc6e61de5608f7d27a9de30c1472.jpg

Nier Replicant White Snow Edition, doesn't look like steelbook included this time around
38bccc6e61de5608f7d27a9de30c1472.jpg

Some of that artwork would have looked gorgeous on a steelbook. Regardless, looks like a ok CE... and although it doesn't look like it should cost more than $80, it'll probably cost $100+ and be SE store exclusive.:whistle2:/

Wayyyy overpriced, with that said I fully expect this to sell out and double the price on Ebay like the black box edition

Wow, that's insane... with tax and shipping (seriously?), it ends up being almost $200 for me. It's more stuff than I thought and the page does mention a steelbook now. 

Ordered for now, will decide later I guess. 

Wouldn't really matter, so was Final Fantasy VII Remake and Dragon Quest XI CE. Still sold out and went for insane prices.
FFVIIR doesn't seem to be going for insane prices anymore. At the peak, I saw it for $500-600 I think but now, they're back down to like $450, which isn't that much more than the cost after tax/shipping, I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back