2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
There's not a dedicated Totaku thread, but I got a call today that my Max Caufield LiS Totaku was cancelled. Most of the other outstanding releases (Shadow, Eggman, Ratchet and Clank, Battletoads, and Sekiro) were also canceled. Ellie and the 3 Cyberpunk Totaku are still supposed to release, for now.

There's not a dedicated Totaku thread, but I got a call today that my Max Caufield LiS Totaku was cancelled. Most of the other outstanding releases (Shadow, Eggman, Ratchet and Clank, Battletoads, and Sekiro) were also canceled. Ellie and the 3 Cyberpunk Totaku are still supposed to release, for now.
I had no idea there was a Ellie Totaku. I don't really collect them outside of the characters I like. I don't even see Ellie on the website.

Does anyone know when the goose game is suppose to ship from iam8bit or the other site I cant think of.
The name of the other site is Skybound, and I have yet to hear anything from them in regards to my order shipping. Their site still has the "This game ships late September" on the item page. I will probably send them an email on Monday seeing what's up.

Confirmed GS Ultimate Edition of Watch Dogs Legion is a different Steelbook than Gold again. Likely the same for AC Valhalla also.

https://www.gamestop.com/collection/watch-dogs/legion
AC and Far Cry 6 are the same way. Most Ubisoft games pull that. I snagged the Watch Dogs CE when the site said there were only 3 left. I've not seen it go back in stock since. I grabbed the AC CE the day it went live because they go fast. Far Cry I'm not sold on that CE and I've spent too much on Collector's Editions this year. I'm gonna just drop left over credit at gamestop for the Ultimate Edition there for it unless it's still in stock when the Series X is paid off and other things are off my plate.

Anyone order these?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087Z3Q4DZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have orders on the Square Enix store and Amazon. Not sure which to keep. SE Store more expensive, but I trust their shipping more than Amazon. SE Store packages well usually.
Big Bad Toy Store also has it:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/122369

I only bought two stuff in the past but they were package well and the shipping price was decent.

If you want something to arrive in exactly the shape that a retailer ships it in, definitely go with BBTS. They use some insanely strong boxes and always use some primo bubblewrap on all sides. I've ordered TFs and statues from them for years, never had an issue. 

I've had stuff damaged from SE store before due to the idiotic "lets put the item in a corner and packing on all other sides" and they basically won't replace anything. After tons of emails, they gave me a 5% credit. 

If you want something to arrive in exactly the shape that a retailer ships it in, definitely go with BBTS. They use some insanely strong boxes and always use some primo bubblewrap on all sides. I've ordered TFs and statues from them for years, never had an issue.

I've had stuff damaged from SE store before due to the idiotic "lets put the item in a corner and packing on all other sides" and they basically won't replace anything. After tons of emails, they gave me a 5% credit.
Yeah I'll second this. I've never received a damaged product from BBTS in the years I've ordered from them. Always impressed with their shipping quality

AC and Far Cry 6 are the same way. Most Ubisoft games pull that. I snagged the Watch Dogs CE when the site said there were only 3 left. I've not seen it go back in stock since. I grabbed the AC CE the day it went live because they go fast. Far Cry I'm not sold on that CE and I've spent too much on Collector's Editions this year. I'm gonna just drop left over credit at gamestop for the Ultimate Edition there for it unless it's still in stock when the Series X is paid off and other things are off my plate.
Yeah I know it's been that way since Division 2, but I was just saying we have visual proof before launch. I tried to find the corresponding Valhalla page on GS, but all they show is the Ultimate Steelbook and not the Gold one also.

Yeah I know it's been that way since Division 2, but I was just saying we have visual proof before launch. I tried to find the corresponding Valhalla page on GS, but all they show is the Ultimate Steelbook and not the Gold one also.
They do show the gold one, BB has it shown without the gold edition banner on top of it though

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ubisoft-assassins-creed-valhalla-ragnarok-edition-package-for-playstation-4/9999300000000482.p?skuId=9999300000000482

When does BBTS charge for pre-orders?

And if it's when they ship, are they one of those retailers that once a week/month do an authorization on your card for the full amount? I'm paycheck to paycheck and that kinda stuff can screw me on a tough month.

And if it's when they ship, are they one of those retailers that once a week/month do an authorization on your card for the full amount? I'm paycheck to paycheck and that kinda stuff can screw me on a tough month.
They don’t charge until the item is ready to ship

They charge you as soon as they have stock, even if it won't ship for a few days. I haven't dealt with them in a while but usually, they get the item a few days before its official release date and then ship on or just after release. They're very efficient.

I've never had them do any type of "test" authorization, only pending charge which turns into an actual charge for when they have the item in stock or when the pre-ordered item arrives.

Anyone know if that Polymega console is supposed to be limited? It's sold out on walmart right now. I can't afford it, but am debating on buying one in December after the bloodbath that will be November.

Hope they restock.

Just a heads up in regards to the Untitled Goose Game, I got a response from Skybound,

"Apologies for the delay, all pre-ordered packages are already at the warehouse and we're starting to ship it by the 2nd week of October depends on the queue. Rest assured that you will be notified once your package is out for delivery.

Thank you for your patience."

So my Cyberpunk Totaku came in on Wednesday and I picked them up. Funny thing was someone else came in looking for them and they told him he had to order them online/web in store as I was the only preorder for the 3 figures and that was the only ones that were sent.

No update on the Ellie Totaku, Max Caufield from LiS 1 was canceled.

So my Cyberpunk Totaku came in on Wednesday and I picked them up. Funny thing was someone else came in looking for them and they told him he had to order them online/web in store as I was the only preorder for the 3 figures and that was the only ones that were sent.

No update on the Ellie Totaku, Max Caufield from LiS 1 was canceled.
It's pretty common for stores to only get what is pre-ordered to leave extra for the web site.

It's pretty common for stores to only get what is pre-ordered to leave extra for the web site.
Right but these have been delayed for months and very few people nationwide probably had them preordered so what are the odds someone random comes in the same day my store receives my preorder? Also I don't understand why at this point GS corporate didn't just hold them for Cyberpunk release.

Oh well, more money towards my $30 Game Coin to use on the XBox SSD expansion card.

Honestly, they’re not even getting preorders in anymore. A couple statues I preordered have been released, sold out on the store, and my store never received mine and never will.

Is there one to import?
Not that I've seen. I'm extremely pissed about the digital only CE for items that are not from the original game, and no transparency whether they're available in-game through normal play. Furthermore if they become go-to items at all for PvP, then competitive players have no choice but to buy it if they're exclusive. Fairly common to keep you SL low enough to equip early game overpowered items just to troll low-level PvP and I could definitely see that happening with twinks.

Either I was out of the loop or they snuck out some deluxe and "ascended" editions for Godfall today. I almost thought they were PS Store exclusives as I'd never seen them at retail, but they're out in the wild for pre-order now at the usual spots.

6433150ld.jpg

Godfall Deluxe

6433151ld.jpg

Godfall Ascended

Either I was out of the loop or they snuck out some deluxe and "ascended" editions for Godfall today. I almost thought they were PS Store exclusives as I'd never seen them at retail, but they're out in the wild for pre-order now at the usual spots.

6433150ld.jpg

Godfall Deluxe

6433151ld.jpg

Godfall Ascended
They've been on the retailers for a few weeks. I pre-ordered, but I'm thinking about cancelling because some details that have come out about the game have me sincerely questioning it.

6433150ld.jpg

Godfall Deluxe

6433151ld.jpg

Godfall Ascended
Because people want their character to be solid gold? I don't even use the gold skins for smaller things like gun or cars in games. Kinda silly for the price difference.

If anyone is near West St. Paul, MN Gamestop, they have 2 World of Warcraft 15th Anniversary Collector's Edition available as of 2pm central time: https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/pc/games/products/world-of-warcraft-15th-anniversary-collectors-edition/10177127.html
This is great! My GF and I got back into WoW in August and i've been eyeing this CE for awhile on eBay, specifically for the statue!

I thought this post was really random cause it was MN and for these CE's I was lookin for, Thank You!!

Because people want their character to be solid gold? I don't even use the gold skins for smaller things like gun or cars in games. Kinda silly for the price difference.
I'm convinced they're making a solid push for all-digital now with these money-grab CE's recently. There's no actual reason to have physical copies for this since it offers nothing of physical value. Same with Demon's Souls CE and with that one they did make digital only. Assassin's Creed Valhalla Ultimate Edition same thing -- the list is growing.

Behind the scenes, this generation already feels very different and I don't like Sony's attitude in particular.

I'm convinced they're making a solid push for all-digital now with these money-grab CE's recently. There's no actual reason to have physical copies for this since it offers nothing of physical value. Same with Demon's Souls CE and with that one they did make digital only. Assassin's Creed Valhalla Ultimate Edition same thing -- the list is growing.

Behind the scenes, this generation already feels very different and I don't like Sony's attitude in particular.
I feel the same way. I was just thinking, with COVID and how going out is risky, a lot of people prob started buying more media digitally out of convenience and safety and... never went back. I'm sure media companies took notice.

The Ubisoft UEs have been around a while and usually have a little more value due to steelbooks. They are getting more expensive. Far Cry 6 UE is $120. Each of those games have a CE too but it's at the Ubi Store online usually.

Anyone here have any tips on how to fix loose discs in sealed PS4 cases?

I Youtube'd the methods and it simply hasn't worked for me. I tried alternative methods and none have worked.

Has anyone here successfully done it consistently and how many attempts did it take to master?

It seems to take way more pressure when I try it than the videos and I'm worried about damaging the art/case.

I Youtube'd the methods and it simply hasn't worked for me. I tried alternative methods and none have worked.

Has anyone here successfully done it consistently and how many attempts did it take to master?
I've done it many times and the Youtube method absolutely works. Unfortunately, you could have a broken or bent disc hub and regardless of how many times you do the technique, the disc is not going to stick. Sometimes if there are inserts or other items inside the case, it is not possible to reattach either.

I've done it many times and the Youtube method absolutely works. Unfortunately, you could have a broken or bent disc hub and regardless of how many times you do the technique, the disc is not going to stick. Sometimes if there are inserts or other items inside the case, it is not possible to reattach either.
I got an End of Eternity PS4 physical copy. I have no idea what's inside or if the case is different since it's not NA.

I got an End of Eternity PS4 physical copy. I have no idea what's inside or if the case is different since it's not NA.
I've done it with European and Asian games plenty of times as well. Like I said, if you have a defective hub inside the case, no amount of trying the technique will work, but of the 100 or so times I have done it, I've only had two situations where that was the case.

It seems to take way more pressure when I try it than the videos and I'm worried about damaging the art/case.
I assume you mean the drop version? It's worked for me most of the time, other than 1-2 cases. Never damaged anything that I could tell. I also drop it about 4-5' onto a rug. I get more nervous positioning the disc since you have to slide it around inside, but it's not more sliding than the disc probably already experienced from shipping, so eh.

I assume you mean the drop version? It's worked for me most of the time, other than 1-2 cases. Never damaged anything that I could tell. I also drop it about 4-5' onto a rug. I get more nervous positioning the disc since you have to slide it around inside, but it's not more sliding than the disc probably already experienced from shipping, so eh.
Hmmm, I've tried the slide one where you get it to stop and press on a little up and right from center. I'll youtube the drop method and try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back