2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
I went and ended up pre ordering 2 of the Fire Emblem CE. Eventhough I HATE digital games, I did it anyways. Figured I may end up flipping them to others who knows

You’re part of the problem.
He’s not part of the problem. I’ve seen the problem first hand. It’s people that will go in and buy every single copy of something that’s in stock, or will preorder 30 copies on multiple accounts all of which to sell. Buying one or two copies because you’re not sure of something didn’t sell out the game within 10 minutes.

Many people here buy multiple copies in case a week before launch they get cancellation emails. Which has happened before.

Can't trust retailers as far as you can throw em.

Changed my mind about this product and and preordered a Fire Emblem CE instore at GS today.  Still available, but ymmv according to how many are allocated to each store.

Just preordered fire emblem at gamestop. Still in stock in store. I still think this won't be that hard to get and they'll have plenty more available...but just in case.

Just preordered fire emblem at gamestop. Still in stock in store. I still think this won't be that hard to get and they'll have plenty more available...but just in case.
I won't be able to get to a Gamestop until tomorrow so hopefully they at least last through the weekend.

I think you're right. The way Fire Emblem has been selling and how Heroes is doing, Nintendo should make a ton of these units available. But I have to make a trip to Gamestop today just in case.

Terrible that I don't think it ever went live at Amazon or Best Buy. Sad! That will likely happen on Monday or Tuesday with a ton of them becoming available but you can't afford chance it.

There are only a few must-have Nintendo CE's each year and this is one.

You’re part of the problem.
Well, seeing as both my GF and I are big FE fans ordering 2 isnt a big surprise. Since its not physical we cant share the cart. Hell, we still have sealed CEs of Persona 5 and the last 2 FE games for switch on our shelves. But if I decide I'd rather not pay $50 for a $6 download code, to Ebay they go

I mean, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, most sports titles, etc. usually get the BF discount treatment even when they have November release dates.
Point taken, but I doubt Cyberpunk would have dropped below $50, which is its price on Amazon and Walmart right now anyway.

Point taken, but I doubt Cyberpunk would have dropped below $50, which is its price on Amazon and Walmart right now anyway.
It's actually been that price for a few weeks now, even before the last delay. Nothing against how the game will be but it's telling that multiple retailers are already selling it below MSRP before release.

It's actually been that price for a few weeks now, even before the last delay. Nothing against how the game will be but it's telling that multiple retailers are already selling it below MSRP before release.
This isn't new for Walmart--their new behavior for most $60 MSRP new releases is to sell them for $49.94. Amazon is only matching Walmart.

This isn't new for Walmart--their new behavior for most $60 MSRP new releases is to sell them for $49.94. Amazon is only matching Walmart.
There is a reason walmart keeps that price for mainly in store on release date. They want people in their stores to buy other things so that $10 discount works out for that. But for a game to be $10 off before launch online, something they don't normally do, is an issue.

And I've been keeping up with the price of this since preorders went up. Amazon had it for $50 before Walmart did.

Another issue is stores have stopped stocking / ordering more cyberpunk xbox one controllers. Didn't help that they weren't selling, since average consumers aren't going to buy a controller for a game they never heard of that isn't out.

The cyberpunk xbox one consoles also never came back after release / Microsoft store discounts. These are two things that are supposed to be sold alongside the game but due to these delays, price cuts and lack of interest from stores, they aren't taking the risk / shelf space.

There is a reason walmart keeps that price for mainly in store on release date. They want people in their stores to buy other things so that $10 discount works out for that. But for a game to be $10 off before launch online, something they don't normally do, is an issue.

And I've been keeping up with the price of this since preorders went up. Amazon had it for $50 before Walmart did.

Another issue is stores have stopped stocking / ordering more cyberpunk xbox one controllers. Didn't help that they weren't selling, since average consumers aren't going to buy a controller for a game they never heard of that isn't out.

The cyberpunk xbox one consoles also never came back after release / Microsoft store discounts. These are two things that are supposed to be sold alongside the game but due to these delays, price cuts and lack of interest from stores, they aren't taking the risk / shelf space.
Those kind of controllers are always limited to a certain amount and they sold out. It's not like people weren't buying them. Microsoft having to push them and the console out early due to the constant delays is why they won't still be available when the game is.

Those kind of controllers are always limited to a certain amount and they sold out. It's not like people weren't buying them. Microsoft having to push them and the console out early due to the constant delays is why they won't still be available when the game is.
The controller was limited in that it's a limited edition, but it wasn't supposed to be limited before release. It had a hard release date that was supposed to be at the same time as the games initial release which was supposed to be in April 2020.

The controller is still being restocked but very short supplies and only Amazon is stocking them, who are the only ones who can afford the shelf space for another controller among the several different colors and limited edition controllers seen in stores for the Xbox One.

These are some of the current limited / special edition controllers sold at Walmart regularly;

Not counting the standard colors Red, Blue, White and Black.

Stores aren't ordering controllers as they weren't selling on the same scale as any other Xbox One controller. It'll be different if there were only a few other controllers but stores have between 5-10 different variations of the controller, they aren't looking to get the least sold one to take up space. Didn't help that it cost $74.99 retail compared to $64.99 other special colors controllers retailed for. Even so, those other controllers were normally $50 - $60 at Walmart. Why pay $15-$25 more for a controller for a game that isn't out yet that average consumers doesn't know about. It was an easy decision for stores to stop stocking / requesting inventory for them.

The consoles are a different issue since they too were supposed to be released during the initial launch but didn't since the game was pushed back. Looks like Microsoft didn't want to wait (probably due to the fact that it included a digital copy of a yet to be released game and was announced after the Series X was), they and others did a fire sale and sold the console for $299.99 when it was supposed to be the same price as the Xbox One X at $399.99. For a console that is limited to 45k units worldwide, there shouldn't have been any reason for multiple retailers to try to get rid of it as soon as it launched.

The controller was limited in that it's a limited edition, but it wasn't supposed to be limited before release. It had a hard release date that was supposed to be at the same time as the games initial release which was supposed to be in April 2020.

The controller is still being restocked but very short supplies and only Amazon is stocking them, who are the only ones who can afford the shelf space for another controller among the several different colors and limited edition controllers seen in stores for the Xbox One.

These are some of the current limited / special edition controllers sold at Walmart regularly;

Stores aren't ordering controllers as they weren't selling on the same scale as any other Xbox One controller. It'll be different if there were only a few other controllers but stores have between 5-10 different variations of the controller, they aren't looking to get the least sold one to take up space. Didn't help that it cost $74.99 retail compared to $64.99 other special colors controllers retailed for. Even so, those other controllers were normally $50 - $60 at Walmart. Why pay $15-$25 more for a controller for a game that isn't out yet that average consumers doesn't know about. It was an easy decision for stores to stop stocking / requesting inventory for them.

The consoles are a different issue since they too were supposed to be released during the initial launch but didn't since the game was pushed back. Looks like Microsoft didn't want to wait (probably due to the fact that it included a digital copy of a yet to be released game and was announced after the Series X was), they and others did a fire sale and sold the console for $299.99 when it was supposed to be the same price as the Xbox One X at $399.99. For a console that is limited to 45,000k units worldwide, there shouldn't have been any reason for multiple retailers to try to get rid of it as soon as it launched.
Pretty sure no one agrees with this post lol

The consoles are a different issue since they too were supposed to be released during the initial launch but didn't since the game was pushed back. Looks like Microsoft didn't want to wait (probably due to the fact that it included a digital copy of a yet to be released game and was announced after the Series X was), they and others did a fire sale and sold the console for $299.99 when it was supposed to be the same price as the Xbox One X at $399.99. For a console that is limited to 45k units worldwide, there shouldn't have been any reason for multiple retailers to try to get rid of it as soon as it launched.
None of those are meant to actually be limited like the ones for Gear, Forza, Tomb Raider, Sea of Thieves, ect. The Cyberpunk one came out at a time when it was almost impossible to keep any Xbox controllers in stock so price wasn't an issue. Amazon finding a few here and there doesn't change the fact that Microsoft no longer wanted to waste the shelf space in stores on something they weren't going to restock.

None of those are meant to actually be limited like the ones for Gear, Forza, Tomb Raider, Sea of Thieves, ect. The Cyberpunk one came out at a time when it was almost impossible to keep any Xbox controllers in stock so price wasn't an issue. Amazon finding a few here and there doesn't change the fact that Microsoft no longer wanted to waste the shelf space in stores on something they weren't going to restock.
Microsoft doesn't decide shelf space, individual stores do. Stores stopped ordering the cyberpunk controller despite it still being manufacturered. The controller, based on Microsoft, isn't discontinued and is still being made. The issue is stores aren't ordering it.

Not sure where you are getting "not discontinued" from when it's sold out everywhere but whatever. It's possible they've stop manufacturing Xbox One controller altogether with the new ones being compatible with everything.

Not sure where you are getting "not discontinued" from when it's sold out everywhere but whatever. It's possible they've stop manufacturing Xbox One controller altogether with the new ones being compatible with everything.
It being sold out doesn't automatically mean it's discontinued. 2DS were sold out for a long time but weren't discontinued until recently.

That is possible that they stopped manufacturing controllers though stores are still getting regular shipments of other Xbox One controllers. That list I posted are all controllers still regularly in stock.

Watch Dogs Legion steelbook looks great!  The mask looks better than I thought, but I think it's gonna stay in it's nicer box for a bit.

T6W1aBE.jpg

I still have to play Watch Dogs 2 and AC Odyssey, I started both and truly got burned out on that style of gameplay. Currently playing Tsushima  and while I’m enjoying the game, this genre is beaten like a dead horse at this point. Plus with the whole cyberpunk theme of WD2, it just didn’t appeal to me. Though the San Fran locale definitely does.

I still have to play Watch Dogs 2 and AC Odyssey, I started both and truly got burned out on that style of gameplay. Currently playing Tsushima and while I’m enjoying the game, this genre is beaten like a dead horse at this point. Plus with the whole cyberpunk theme of WD2, it just didn’t appeal to me. Though the San Fran locale definitely does.
Watch Dogs 2 I just played last week and it was short enough to stay interesting. I would have been tired of it if it lasted much longer. Collectibles were pretty worthless as they just gave money to...buy cars in a game where you can steal one 5ft away? ok. Legion looks like it'll be fun with the new recruit mechanic.

Tsushima did feel repetitive quick. It was super pretty and played well, but the story was too serious and predicable to keep me hooked. Also the collectibles were all the exact same thing in different spots. How many nonsense haikus with bandanas are there? Will this fox run 5ft or 1 mile?

I had a lot of fun with Odyssey but it is a slow start like Witcher 3. I did have a ton of side stuff left undone after 100 hours, but the story and characters were all enjoyable. Looking forward to Valhalla which I am getting the CE for.

I still have to play Watch Dogs 2 and AC Odyssey, I started both and truly got burned out on that style of gameplay. Currently playing Tsushima and while I’m enjoying the game, this genre is beaten like a dead horse at this point. Plus with the whole cyberpunk theme of WD2, it just didn’t appeal to me. Though the San Fran locale definitely does.
Oh, I couldn't imagine playing as much AC: Odyssey as I did if I hadn't taken a several year break from the genre and Ubisoft. Tsushima came out like immediately after and I just couldn't muster up the interest to actually play it, despite friends hounding me to.

Sorry, but it's getting to be nails on the chalkboard after about the 4th or so time someone has said it. 

They are called "chase" figures.  Not "chasers".  The sought-after, rare figure in a blind box series is called a chase figure. 

I didn't get it either, I got an extra Cloud.

I'll see if one pops up on ebay for like $10-$15 one of these days. Wouldn't pay any more for it than that.

My Barrett didn' come with the stand thingy's is that normal?

Sorry, but it's getting to be nails on the chalkboard after about the 4th or so time someone has said it.

They are called "chase" figures. Not "chasers". The sought-after, rare figure in a blind box series is called a chase figure.
You might be right, but people called it that because that's how it was called on the SE store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back