2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
My steel book from best buy shipped via FedEx yesterday and my deluxe edition is apparently shipping today via UPS. Both from the same origin city.

As long as I get them both before I get home from work tomorrow I don't care too much but what a weird way to ship things. Have to assume this costs them double in shipping. Very weird

Just got the ready for pickup email for both items - off to bby I go. Didn't want to risk steelbook damage via mailer shipping.

Edit: No omnislash on deluxe or steelbook. At first I thought the steelbook had scratches, but as far as I can tell they're on the shrinkwrap only. Also 15 min after the ready for pickup email, bby emailed me the preorder dlc code. This was before I had even picked up the order. At no point did I have the dlc itemized in my order.

Last edited:
My Rebirth deluxe edition and Best Buy steelbook have been safely acquired! Late last night, the steelbook updated to show it was ready for pickup along with the game. My husband was kind enough to grab it on his way to work since he's much closer to the store. I even got an email from Best Buy with a PSN code, which I assume is the preorder DLC that was never added to my order, so that's really cool. Gotta admit, Best Buy did good.

Here's a quick story that explains why I'm always so suspicious of Best Buy: back when Monster Hunter World came out, my husband went to Best Buy at launch less than an hour after they opened to pick up the game and the bonus steelbook. Well, he got the game, but was informed one of the employees had accidentally put all the preorder steelbooks on the shelf and they had all been bought. He and I were livid (especially my husband, since this was his game) and when I called the special Elite customer service number (this was back when that and GCU were still a thing), I was initially told there was nothing they could do since the steelbook was sold out online. Well, after pressing the issue a bit, the agent checked my area for any local stock and claimed a nearby store had one. I didn't believe her, since the website didn't match her claim, but she put a free order in for me anyway. I was expecting to get another copy of the game or something, and I was going to just sell it online and use the profit to buy a steelbook, which was already going for the same price as the game on eBay. So my husband and I go to the nearby store and the guy hands us a sealed steelbook with a smile and a "have a nice day" and I was shocked, like he was holding gold and he didn't even know it!

Now yes, the issue was resolved (and it's admittedly very specific and anecdotal), but it was still an absolute shitshow, and it's far from the only issue I've had with Best Buy over the years. So whenever I'm set to get a bonus steelbook from Best Buy, I immediately get nervous that it'll be sold or given away before one of us can get to the store. Rebirth's steelbook playing hard to get with me at first really didn't help my anxiety lol

P.S.: the store that pulled that crap has since closed, while the store that resolved it is still open and is where I got Rebirth today. Pretty sure it closed due profit loss from COVID, but just an observation lol

Didn't get my DE today, says it's arriving tomorrow, but I got my steelbook. It came fine. They've been shipping things in these tearaway boxes lately that are 5 times too big for what they put in there.

I want to load my saves to unlock the materias for Rebirth, but I never played Intergrade(one of the materias requires you to play the Yuffie DLC). I still have my Intergrade copy sealed and I don't want to open it because it's worth a lot of money now for some ridiculous reason it became hard to find. So I'm thinking of just buying the Intermission DLC for $20 so I can play it without opening my copy.

Absolutely brutal. There's even that inexplicable hole in the front. The bby employee wasn't satisfied doing an octaslash with his box cutter. He also had to impale that deluxe edition with a giant spike like it was a midgar zolom.

To be honest, I can live with the damaged deluxe edition. I was planning on opening one (since the SE store CE also has a copy), I'm just PO'd that I got two steelbooks and both are spine cut.

man, yesterday i spotted FF DE available for pickup at my local gamestop and online and i choose local option , then they cancel it a few hours later but then online optin is now gone.

man, yesterday i spotted FF DE available for pickup at my local gamestop and online and i choose local option , then they cancel it a few hours later but then online optin is now gone.
That was likely preorder stock that wasn't technically available to anyone else and got picked up.

I got the CE and the Deluxe Edition today. The CE came in great condition. It's the bundle as expected. It's just the Play Arts Figure box with the DE laying on top of it. That DE came undamaged. But the one I got from BB however. They shipped it in a damn bubble envelope. I love how the ship the steelbook in a box, but cram the DE into a bubble mailer. What a joke. Thankfully it came 90% undamaged, just a slightly crinkled corner, but whatever.

With the rate Square's games have been going OOS of late, I'm thinking of holding on to both, but haven't decided yet.

Can't post details due to work meeting right now but Slickdeals has a ebay deal through their link for 20% off. I used it on 2 diff accts and was able to buy a bunch of games (from bathroom LOL) for 20% off, even some from Canada. Hopefully someone else can find and post link.

Maybe this'll work...
https://slickdeals.net/share/android_app/fp/928365

Dead

Last edited:
Can't post details due to work meeting right now but Slickdeals has a ebay deal through their link for 20% off. I used it on 2 diff accts and was able to buy a bunch of games (from bathroom LOL) for 20% off, even some from Canada. Hopefully someone else can find and post link.

Maybe this'll work... https://slickdeals.net/share/android_app/fp/928365
Thanks for sharing. Currently, code is dead on checkout. "This code no longer works."

It had been many moons since the last all items % off promo code on ebay. I was too late on this one. Clearly too many people ordering during mid-meeting bathroom breaks.

Thanks for sharing. Currently, code is dead on checkout. "This code no longer works."

It had been many moons since the last all items % off promo code on ebay. I was too late on this one. Clearly too many people ordering during mid-meeting bathroom breaks.

Damn, I must have gotten in just near the end... shit, sorry dudes.

I got the CE and the Deluxe Edition today. The CE came in great condition. It's the bundle as expected. It's just the Play Arts Figure box with the DE laying on top of it. That DE came undamaged. But the one I got from BB however. They shipped it in a damn bubble envelope. I love how the ship the steelbook in a box, but cram the DE into a bubble mailer. What a joke. Thankfully it came 90% undamaged, just a slightly crinkled corner, but whatever.

With the rate Square's games have been going OOS of late, I'm thinking of holding on to both, but haven't decided yet.

So it was nothing but $250 + tax + shipping for a Sephiroth Play Arts figure.

Well, this week was difficult to say the least. I've had it with these companies:
  • Sept 19 order from Target went to 'backordered'
  • Sept 21 order from Best Buy is NOT getting filled Thurs. steelbook is stuck at "preparing", and the game order hasn't been filled.
  • I was able to snag a copy from new listings at BB.com at 12:15am on release night. Drove across town and picked it up Thursday.
Target went ahead and cancelled my order yesterday. While meanwhile shipping out stuff from new listings. Then, to my luck, best buy finally filled my 'delayed' order late yesterday afternoon. The truck came in two days late or something. Got my steelbook right as it was looking hopeless.

Things worked out in the end, but that was VERY close to 'not happening'. There were other customers at BB trying to finagle getting a steelbook and they were absolutely not budging, even though they had a few extras. "we are not allowed to sell them" and "early pre-orders only"

I was able to get an order in for a Rebirth Deluxe at SE store yesterday... fucking $24.99 for shipping, absolutely ridiculous. As soon as I receive it, I'm sending my the messed up BB copy.... hopefully it actually ships/arrives before the 14 day return period is up.

Best Buy's review page is full of negative reviews for bad shipping or missing steelbook bonus lol. Most of them have terrible grammar read like they were written by 13 year olds. But nonetheless.

Best Buy's review page is full of negative reviews for bad shipping or missing steelbook bonus lol. Most of them have terrible grammar read like they were written by 13 year olds. But nonetheless.
Wow, that's a lot of unhappy customers. I knew there were issues, but I didn't think it affected this many people.

I can't believe how badly Best Buy handled Rebirth's release. I'm extremely fortunate my pickup went well and neither the deluxe edition nor the bonus steelbook had more than minor nicks, save for my deluxe edition steelbook being slightly misaligned, but that's clearly a manufacturing error and not Best Buy's fault. It's actually kind of funny that I personally had a small issue that wasn't Best Buy's fault.

Still, I will continue to avoid Best Buy like the plague for pre-orders, with the only exceptions being pre-order bonuses I have to have (steelbooks) or if I have no choice, like if they're the only ones I can get a sought-after collector's edition from. Just because I was lucky this time doesn't mean I'll be lucky next time, and I have had many problems with them in the past.

Still, I will continue to avoid Best Buy like the plague for pre-orders, with the only exceptions being pre-order bonuses I have to have (steelbooks) or if I have no choice, like if they're the only ones I can get a sought-after collector's edition from. Just because I was lucky this time doesn't mean I'll be lucky next time, and I have had many problems with them in the past.

I would love to avoid BB but they always get the steelbooks.

GameStop is probably the best for new games in terms of packaging, but that's all they're good for because you risk the gutted copies thing for anything else. And their bonuses are no longer offer online anymore, so you have to go into a store to get them now, which sucks. Amazon's packaging is probably worse than BB's. Not only will they stuff special editions into bubble envelopes just like BB, they'll use those paper envelopes now with absolutely no protection. With those things you might as well just mail it without any packaging. Just slap a shipping label on the game itself. Is it worth the awful packaging to get their bonuses which almost always are never physical items to begin with?

Walmart isn't great with shipping or guaranteeing bonuses. Target i've had my stuff come in boxes, but every now in again with get those damn glue envelopes.

There really isn't no definite winner for packaging or guaranteeing bonuses.

I know you having issues with bb with your steelbook, why not just do a store pickup then?

I had two orders- standard edition in store and Deluxe for shipping, both came with slashed Steelbook. The store pick up one wasn't as bad but still pretty salty about it. The last and only G2 Steelbook I got from them without a slash was SF6. Funnyily, I've never had the issue of a slashed Steelbook with NS sized cases.

So who really dropped the ball with the deluxe edition? Did square not provide the allocated copies for the suppliers and so on or did target just decide to not ship orders at all.

Last edited:
I guess I lucked out with Best Buy, received DE Thursday no damage in a box, and received the steelbook Friday no damage in a box.

So who really dropped the ball with the deluxe edition? Did square not provide the allocated copies for the suppliers and so on or did target just decide to not ship orders at all.

Honestly... I think that one trailer during the summer just caused this game's demand to balloon in popularity. I mean, I was excited but seeing that trailer blew my mind. I don't think SE dropped the ball in supply, they probably used FF16 as a baseline (lower install base on the PS5, FFVII Remake fans) but likely didn't anticipate this much demand for it so late into it.

I got a Target Circle offer for 20% of video games, very limited selection like always but quite a few preorders worked/including some CEs:
Guilty Gear Strive 25th PS5
Blasphemous 2 NS and PS5
Gundam Breaker 4 NS
Eiyuden Chroncile NS
Visions of Mana PS5/XB
Demon Slayer Kimetsu no Yaiba NS
Xuan Yuan Sword Mists Beyond the Mounts NS
Talos 2 Deluxe
Sea of Stars NS/PS5
Pokemon Scarlet/Violet + DLC bundles

Lol, glad I'm happy with digital these days and will wait on a sale for FF7R. This weekend No Rest for the Wicked got an EA access date for 4/18. FML, that's 3 games in a month to get through. Definitely not happening and glad I skipped FF7.

It's really not hard to cut a box open without slashing what's inside: just line the blade up against the flap. It's infuriating when this happens.
When I worked at Old Navy back in high school (25 years ago....ouch), we had special blades for opening boxes. They only stuck out a few millimeters so that you wouldn't accidentally slice through the clothes when you cut the packaging tape. It's not that hard to do it the right way. Best Buy just doesn't care to make sure employees are using the right tools.

bread's done
Back