2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting to get desperate, any place still has open pre-orders for Metroid Dread Special Edition besides Deepdiscount.com? (They cancelled my pre-order). 

I'm getting Metroid day 1, but I really would love to have that Special Edition.

Has anyone used a forwarding service before to import stuff that can't be delivered over seas?
i use japonica for japanese stuff and i havent had an issue yet. their english isnt the best but its easy enough

dhl shipping costs an arm and a leg (usually in the ballpark of $40 for the 10lb box) but i get everything in 3-5 days from tokyo to the states

Target had steelbook with double pack for Sword and Shield, right?
yea bt we are getting a journal from them this year, pins (GS) and plushies (Pokémon center) no steelbook for NA
049213097c421c20e0a9e5ed96986201.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone used a forwarding service before to import stuff that can't be delivered over seas?
I have used forwarding services to place orders from Japan, UK and Germany. I've never had any problems, but the fees can add up quickly and make it costly. What country are you looking to buy from?

Man, it really is crazy how much prices on ebay jumped for games. I went back several years ago and repurchased a lot of the games from PS1, PS2, and GBA/DS era I either missed out on or already had and sold and wanted back. I paid like $1,000 for all the stuff I purchased over several months. I could probably make 10 fold that back now if I sold everything I bought back again.

Man, it really is crazy how much prices on ebay jumped for games. I went back several years ago and repurchased a lot of the games from PS1, PS2, and GBA/DS era I either missed out on or already had and sold and wanted back. I paid like $1,000 for all the stuff I purchased over several months. I could probably make 10 fold that back now if I sold everything I bought back again.
That's because you have millionaires buying sealed, graded games like the two last month for ridiculous prices which makes other "non-gamers" think its the new thing to invest in. This along with the covid inflation of the past year has made most complete vintage games out of reach for the average gamer. I am glad I started my collection decades ago and do not have to spend hundreds of dollars for most of the complete games that I played as a teenager. Still, I just looked at some Genesis and Gamecube games I am missing and will not pay what ebay is asking for them. (I only want complete and at the minimum, very good condition games for my collection.) I will wait to find them in the wild or get lucky on a lower priced seller/ auction price for those games.

That's because you have millionaires buying sealed, graded games like the two last month for ridiculous prices which makes other "non-gamers" think its the new thing to invest in. This along with the covid inflation of the past year has made most complete vintage games out of reach for the average gamer. I am glad I started my collection decades ago and do not have to spend hundreds of dollars for most of the complete games that I played as a teenager. Still, I just looked at some Genesis and Gamecube games I am missing and will not pay what ebay is asking for them. (I only want complete and at the minimum, very good condition games for my collection.) I will wait to find them in the wild or get lucky on a lower priced seller/ auction price for those games.
Garage Sales use to be my best place to build my collection but here lately its been a lot harder to find things let alone when i do find stuff, when i ask what they want it seems most people refer to ebay for pricing there stuff.

As expected, pokemon games and steelbook finally up but Amazon UK blocked US shipping address

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

As expected, pokemon games and steelbook finally up but Amazon UK blocked US shipping address

If we are lucky there might be an overflow like with skyward sword HD and steelbook, Ik they opened it for US addresses about 3 weeks after launch, there’s no incentive to really buy day 1 in NA imo, not really a fan of plushies and pins

I'll gladly sell these fools my games at an inflated price before they come crashing back down and I buy them back.

Monster Boy CE on Limited Run Games right now for PO. I think PS4 edition was gone within an hour (12 pm EST). Switch still available.

Monster Boy CE on Limited Run Games right now for PO. I think PS4 edition was gone within an hour (12 pm EST). Switch still available.
THANK YOU! Completely forgot this morning and had the page loaded. They only made 900 for the PS4, that's just way too little. Oh well.

I miss the days of the Steelbook cases in these. I wouldn't even mind if they offered a SB case with just a code for the expansion in it. Shocking to some I imagine. :shock:

EDIT - All platform specific versions are sold out and the no game version is the only one left.

https://bungiestore.com/destiny-2-the-witch-queen-collector-s-edition-no-game-code
What I don't get is them charging $100 for a dlc for a f2p game. They are making people pre-order 3 seasons for a rocket launcher. That's not cool.

What I don't get is them charging $100 for a dlc for a f2p game. They are making people pre-order 3 seasons for a rocket launcher. That's not cool.
I don't know how the price breaks out, but the expansion itself is probably $40-$50, each season pass would be $10 (four passes per expansion) and however much the pre-order bonuses plus the not free 30th anniversary stuff (this is where the rocket launcher comes in) will cost.

The game itself being F2P isn't a factor here and I would be surprised if they ever offered an expansion for free. Plus, they offer free content in every season.

What's funny is that once Bungie split from Activision-Blizzard, the DLC expenses and the microtransactions became excessively predatory and widespread. After years of spinning it as if it was Activision who wanted to exploit the Eververse store. (in-game MTXs) Now they pose as a F2P game yet it's anything but.

Bungie is charging more these days and has way more paid options. People are paying more to play Destiny than ever before. It's also confusing as asdf just trying to google search and learn what versions of the game you need to buy. A la Carte pricing at it's worst.

It's not available at Best Buy so my guess is it's the same steels that were mass produced for last years release date but with a cardboard slip so they can offload some to Target.

French retailers restocking SMTV CE today, probably the same will happen for NA soon. Keep your eyes peeled if you still haven't got one

Another one of Bamco Store exclusive
58757f0e601f4090e05f8b24ac7886b2.jpg

Dragonball is my favorite series bt I can’t see myself investing back into kakarot after getting the platinum and playing previous dlc, bt I like that SB art

AC Valhalla Gold Edition has another clearance drop at Bestbuy, currently sitting at $66. Already sold out at many other places including Ubistore, Bestbuy and Gamestop the only remaining retailers.

The shop4 stores both have the Pokemon Pearl/Diamond steelbook versions up for preorder. 

EDIT* holy shit, sold out at Shop4Megastore (where it was $120). Shop4World still has it as of 10:20 AM CST but is priced at 100 GBP (~$137). 

The shop4 stores both have the Pokemon Pearl/Diamond steelbook versions up for preorder.

EDIT* holy shit, sold out at Shop4Megastore (where it was $120). Shop4World still has it as of 10:20 AM CST but is priced at 100 GBP (~$137).
link?

I waited patiently last time and got Skyward Sword steelbook + game for $66 from Amazon.co.uk

Will wait again.

bread's done
Back