2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I wish the monster Hunter console would show up on Amazon or Best Buy ... I know I might be able to grab one the night before on Target’s app, but really want to use BB for this launch.

My Mario steelbook came in the crappiest paper mailer, but was in perfect condition.  I've only had issue with the Luigi's Mansion 3 steelbook because they put a keychain in the package and the put a small dent in the back of it.

hmm, Persona steelbook that i am suppose to pick up in store is taking longer than expect to get ready

hmm, Persona steelbook that i am suppose to pick up in store is taking longer than expect to get ready
Yeah same, not sure if I wanna switch it to shipping or not, and actually that isn't an option anymore soooo might be fucked lol

Edit: Was able to change it to shipping, so hopefully it actually ships

Bloodlines 2 is delayed out of this year and the lead developer is getting changed.  They have stopped all pre-orders too.  They claim it's still coming out.  That's the downside to pre-ordering a CE that charges you right away.

Anyone not get their persona 5 strikers Steelbook even though they were supposed to? Somebody claimed to Wario that they didn’t get a Steelbook and when they contacted customer service they said the promotion didn’t exist.

So my P5S PS4 game + steelbook is being delivered by UPS along with a shelf from Amazon. I'm hoping BBY used a box for shipment, otherwise, I feel like I'm being set up for a smashed steelbook. 

So my P5S PS4 game + steelbook is being delivered by UPS along with a shelf from Amazon. I'm hoping BBY used a box for shipment, otherwise, I feel like I'm being set up for a smashed steelbook.
mine came in a box with air packs
should be fine

Got my PS4 copy and steelbook for P5S today. I've had issues in the past with BestBuy (packages usually run late, Cyberpunk steelbook looked like it'd been run over by a truck) but the game/steelbook were in a box together and didn't have any damage.

I like the steelbook with the Far Cry 6 CE but there is 0 gameplay.  I've seen enough vaporware this past year with gameplay footage to be iffy on it now. :/

My game and Steelbook arrived in the same mailer, no damage.

Also beware preorders for the CE of Scott Pilgrim for PS4 and Switch from LRG end at 11:59 pm Eastern on Sunday.

Man, I wish the monster Hunter console would show up on Amazon or Best Buy ... I know I might be able to grab one the night before on Target’s app, but really want to use BB for this launch.
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1365080252352000002?s=20

My store had the PS4 steelbook ready first thing yesterday
I change the pickup location for ym steel and it went through and damn it is a nice looking steel. The funny thing is if you order persona striker not it no longer say steelbook is included for the ps4 version.

Best buy scammed me out of my steel book for ps4 strikers. I got it first thing that morning in store pickup. They said they got no steelbooks for ps4 just switch. Went to another location, same excuse. Someone is hoarding them somewhere.
I put out a CS dispute and complaint to try and get one

Best buy scammed me out of my steel book for ps4 strikers. I got it first thing that morning in store pickup. They said they got no steelbooks for ps4 just switch. Went to another location, same excuse. Someone is hoarding them somewhere.
They unfortunately have a bad habit of this with their steel books. I missed out on Monster Hunter World’s despite preordering as soon as it came out and they under-ordered so I never got one. I think they gave me like a $10 credit or something though but it wasn’t the same

The employees are hiding it for theymselfs!!1!

So I'm not sure just how reliable this is, but this frequent /r/Atlus poster is claiming to have spoken to several Best buy reps and the ratio of Switch to PS4 Steelbooks printed is something like 4:1

On top of that they were already going to have a low print run of the Switch Steelbooks, making the PS4 ones even lower prints.  He speculates, based on the numbers he supposedly got from BBY that there could be somewhere between 1k-2k PS4 Steelbooks printed (Around 10K Switch Steelbooks printed).  Current aftermarket prices for the PS4 steelbook are skyrocketing ($100+)

The video I am referencing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G8LxhBnEIk&feature=emb_logo

The P5 Strikers steelbook situation is unfortunate. I didn't pre-order it because the regular P5 steelbook never became rare at all and I thought it would be a similar situation. Even the CEs for Persona 5 and Royal never ended up that rare.

The P5 Strikers steelbook situation is unfortunate. I didn't pre-order it because the regular P5 steelbook never became rare at all and I thought it would be a similar situation. Even the CEs for Persona 5 and Royal never ended up that rare.
None of them were exclusive to a single store.

So I'm not sure just how reliable this is, but this frequent /r/Atlus poster is claiming to have spoken to several Best buy reps and the ratio of Switch to PS4 Steelbooks printed is something like 4:1

On top of that they were already going to have a low print run of the Switch Steelbooks, making the PS4 ones even lower prints. He speculates, based on the numbers he supposedly got from BBY that there could be somewhere between 1k-2k PS4 Steelbooks printed (Around 10K Switch Steelbooks printed). Current aftermarket prices for the PS4 steelbook are skyrocketing ($100+)

Last I checked, you can't order just 1K-2K Steelbooks. I thought the minimum was like 5K. I could imagine 5K of the PS4 and 20K of the Switch being printed.

Last I checked, you can't order just 1K-2K Steelbooks. I thought the minimum was like 5K. I could imagine 5K of the PS4 and 20K of the Switch being printed.
This is correct, however in the video the guy explained that you can apparently place an order for a specific steelbook and then have it split by type. So in this instance BBY did an order (Hypothetical for the sake of example) of 5k Srikers' steelbooks and had 1-2k of them be for PS4, and the rest for Switch.

Those numbers sound right. My store got 5 PS4 and 20 Switch. The Switch version isn't really selling at all so that one will stick around for a bit.

This is correct, however in the video the guy explained that you can apparently place an order for a specific steelbook and then have it split by type. So in this instance BBY did an order (Hypothetical for the sake of example) of 5k Srikers' steelbooks and had 1-2k of them be for PS4, and the rest for Switch.
That makes sense.

Those numbers sound right. My store got 5 PS4 and 20 Switch. The Switch version isn't really selling at all so that one will stick around for a bit.
Yes, the ratio sounds right, but if most stores got 5 steenboks, that would still be almost 5,000 not including online stock.

On top of that they were already going to have a low print run of the Switch Steelbooks, making the PS4 ones even lower prints. He speculates, based on the numbers he supposedly got from BBY that there could be somewhere between 1k-2k PS4 Steelbooks printed (Around 10K Switch Steelbooks printed). Current aftermarket prices for the PS4 steelbook are skyrocketing ($100+)

That would make sense. They had the Switch case offered for a while before the PS4 case. Makes me grateful I got mine in the mail.

I couldn’t care less about steel books but I’m pleasantly surprised by how many “rare” ones I have. I’m too anal about completeness to take my discs out of their factory cases and store them in the SBs as well- I think this is my main hang up.

bread's done
Back