2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn’t care less about steel books but I’m pleasantly surprised by how many “rare” ones I have. I’m too anal about completeness to take my discs out of their factory cases and store them in the SBs as well- I think this is my main hang up.
My issue with them is how easily they're chipped, dented and/or otherwise damaged right when they come out. Like I don't get why each SB isn't individually wrapped in plastic or something. The P5S SB was but like Cyberpunk bonus SB from BB wasn't. I think more of them come wrapped these days but still plenty that are not. I still remember when SBs started getting popular and I bought at least 2-3 Skyrim and Skyward Sword SBs and all had some notable flaw or another.

My issue with them is how easily they're chipped, dented and/or otherwise damaged right when they come out. Like I don't get why each SB isn't individually wrapped in plastic or something. The P5S SB was but like Cyberpunk bonus SB from BB wasn't. I think more of them come wrapped these days but still plenty that are not. I still remember when SBs started getting popular and I bought at least 2-3 Skyrim and Skyward Sword SBs and all had some notable flaw or another.
Most damage on mine are from them being shipped in paper mailers. They go straight into protective covers when I get the game out. I'm starting to get empty normal cases for some games so the steelbook can stay pretty. I'm not as protective of the movie steelbooks unless it's an expensive one that needs to stay safe.

What a bummer. I felt bad about not getting to pre-order but people that had orders cancelled or whatever must be super pissed. 

I hear the game is good so it's a shame the launch has been marred by this. I was really excited for it but now I'll wait for a sale. 

It seems so weird that they'd prioritize the switch version when Persona 5 isn't even on the switch. 

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1366467272936685574

LRG is distributing the PS5 CE for Terminator Resistance. Goes up tomorrow (12pm EST)

Good things come to steelbook collectors.  I visited Best Buy today.  The store is pretty haphazard right now with merchandising resets happening everywhere, (they finally decimated the movie sections at my two closest stores) but I was able to find the P5 Strikers Switch steelbook in two different locations.  Only $9.99 apiece, so sweet, don't have to buy the game just yet.  They only had six copies in the two spots so better not wait on it. 

When I went through checkout the lady helping me became a little nosy:  "steelbook huh", and "you know there is no game in here right?".   So I responded.  "Yeah, I collect steelbooks.  Actually I was in here looking for the PS4 version but checked all the spots and couldn't find one.  Do you happen to know if you have them anywhere?" since this seemed to be her wheelhouse.  She waltzed right over to one of the in-store pickup bins, explained to me that she just had one order cancellation, so she could sell me the one.  She also said, "You know I was thinking of auctioning this one myself".   So she knew the value.  But she had me pegged as a collector because I was already there buying the (Switch) version that isn't valuable,  and she decided to sell it to me out of the goodness of her heart.  So I thanked her profusely and told her that she just made my day. 

Persona-5-Strikers-steelbooks.jpg

Good things come to steelbook collectors. I visited Best Buy today. The store is pretty haphazard right now with merchandising resets happening everywhere, (they finally decimated the movie sections at my two closest stores) but I was able to find the P5 Strikers Switch steelbook in two different locations. Only $9.99 apiece, so sweet don't have to buy the game just yet. They only had six copies in the two spots so better not wait on it.

When I went through checkout the lady helping me became a little nosy: "steelbook huh", and "you know there is no game in here right?". So I responded. "Yeah, I collect steelbooks. Actually I was in here looking for the PS4 version but checked all the spots and couldn't find one anywhere. Do you happen to know if you have them anywhere," since this seemed to be her wheelhouse. She waltzed right over to one of the in-store pickup bins, explained to me that she just had one order cancellation, so she could sell me the one. She also said, "You know I was thinking of auctioning this one myself". So she knew the value. But she had me pegged as a collector because I was already there buying the (Switch) version that isn't valuable, and she decided to sell it to me out of the goodness of her heart. So I thanked her profusely and told her that she just made my day.

Persona-5-Strikers-steelbooks.jpg
Thats awesome !

and for 10 bucks, I'd just buy the Steelbooks till I can get Strikers at a CAG price!

But.. Do not like that Barcode sticker..

Thats awesome !

and for 10 bucks, I'd just buy the Steelbooks till I can get Strikers at a CAG price!

But.. Do not like that Barcode sticker..
It's wrapped in plastic. Barcode is not on the actual case.

Switch is $9.99, PS4 steel is $19.99. So I still bought cases for $30 today lmao.

It's wrapped in plastic. Barcode is not on the actual case.

Switch is $9.99, PS4 steel is $19.99. So I still bought cases for $30 today lmao.
oh i see the Plastic now

Was skeptical about that sticker cause the Cyberpunk 1's I saw when it came out didn't have any plastic on them for some reason, just straight up steelbooks thrown around on the shelves

I was able to snag a PS4 Persona steelbook today. I work at best buy, and when I went to do returns, there was one inside the bin with the game. Someone had returned both for their money back. They definitely couldn't have been aware of the value of the steelbook as they should have returned just the game. Glad to have it though, as I was on vacation when we received our only one the store got.

I was able to snag a PS4 Persona steelbook today. I work at best buy, and when I went to do returns, there was one inside the bin with the game. Someone had returned both for their money back. They definitely couldn't have been aware of the value of the steelbook as they should have returned just the game. Glad to have it though, as I was on vacation when we received our only one the store got.
*wonders what this guy is talking about

*checks eBay

*spits out coffee

This si the first time i have seen Best buy removing steelbook as a free tiem with purchase.  I went to best buy to pick up my monster hunter uhd and see a steelbook just sitting in the cage.  It come as a surpise that the steel is no longer free with the game purcahse so i just purcahse the steel for 20

I ripped best buy a new asshole. And then got an email from the store manager that I picked my pre order up from. He somehow placed an order for the ps4 steel book to be picked up this coming Sunday. So I guess it worked out in the end....the prices on them are nuts!

What makes this steel book sell for as much as it does? Strictly because its hard to get? There have been other steel books that were limited and didn't seem to sell for such ridiculous prices.

What makes this steel book sell for as much as it does? Strictly because its hard to get? There have been other steel books that were limited and didn't seem to sell for such ridiculous prices.
I feel like either they didn't (or couldn't) get the full allotment they ordered because it seems like a decent number of people didn't get theirs. Or they greatly underestimated demand.

no more heroes 1 and 2 getting CEs from limited run as well as standard physical releases.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1367529650759602179?s=20

I feel like either they didn't (or couldn't) get the full allotment they ordered because it seems like a decent number of people didn't get theirs. Or they greatly underestimated demand.
I think it isa more of a after thought since the steelbook was originally for switchn only. Kind of like how only switch version of bloodstain only get the steelbook

It wasn't even a Steelbook. It was a Metalpak. Funny part was they put in a random loose piece of plastic to hold a Switch cart.

dqj9tln9ri631.jpg

6imissn9ri631.jpg

I'm pretty sure steelbook supply in general is just constrained at the moment and they didn't get the amount they ordered. Movie steelbooks have been getting delayed until after the regular version or are arriving the day before release instead of a week early like usual.

I'm pretty sure steelbook supply in general is just constrained at the moment and they didn't get the amount they ordered. Movie steelbooks have been getting delayed until after the regular version or are arriving the day before release instead of a week early like usual.
Well we can't xxxx because COVID,

-everything

It's a repeating joke around here at the office.

Well we can't xxxx because COVID,

-everything

It's a repeating joke around here at the office.
Right? My office has had a total of one project delay since COVID started and it's because our vendor's warehouse got hit by a tornado.

That's not to say there are no legitimate delays from COVID (there definitely are), but more and more it just feels like a convenient excuse.

When did Nier Replicant CE sell out? Wonder if it'll be as rare as Automata.
Not sure when it sold out, although I thought I remember it going fairly quickly.

As for rarity, since it's Square Enix it will either be extremely rare or they will "find" another 2,000 to put up for sale a week after release.

I think so too. I notice Best Buy movie steelbooks sell out and then like 2 months later they'll get more in stock. I'm still waiting for a few to come back in stock.

Anyone know if the DLC for P5 Strikers is launch edition exclusive or something? I only ordered it for the SB but since I'm likely not even gonna open it for another month, I might just eBay the game and buy it for cheap later, unless the DLC is for launch editions. 

Anyone know if the DLC for P5 Strikers is launch edition exclusive or something? I only ordered it for the SB but since I'm likely not even gonna open it for another month, I might just eBay the game and buy it for cheap later, unless the DLC is for launch editions.
Pretty sure it is. I bought a second copy from Amazon for a gift for someone and it didn't have the DLC sticker in the upper left hand corner of the package like my first BB copy did.

Not for certain about that, but it is part of the digital deluxe package if that matters (along with the old song paid DLC package and the paid DLC package of in-game items,

I work in Kansas City (second city mentioned in the article) and we buy supplies from China (heavily mentioned in the article). Not exactly a bubble. Proper contingency planning and risk management goes a long way.
Then now you know how serious global logistics imbalances are outside of your specific company/subsector. It’s not an excuse, it just is. You can’t hedge freight prices going up 2000% or global shortages of containers.

bread's done
Back