2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
God I want to buy the stuff but that bag is so cringe..

"GREETINGS, SHEEPLE OF SHIBUYA"

I don't want to bring the bag outside..

RE Village CE and Mass Effect helmet thing both coming out next month. I pre-ordered both just to have. Gonna keep only one of them at most and might cancel both.
My store already got the Mass Effect helmet. So it's going to sit in the back for 5 weeks. :roll:

So is the MLB The Show 21 $100 CE exclusive to GS this year or not? There is a listing for it on Walmart, Target, and BB (although the BB listing won't accept orders) but all the MLB The Show content creators that got the game early are all advertising it for GameStop? Just curious if anyone had additional info or ordered it from somewhere that wasn't GameStop.

So is the MLB The Show 21 $100 CE exclusive to GS this year or not? There is a listing for it on Walmart, Target, and BB (although the BB listing won't accept orders) but all the MLB The Show content creators that got the game early are all advertising it for GameStop? Just curious if anyone had additional info or ordered it from somewhere that wasn't GameStop.
It's not exclusive this year.

So is GS just paying content creators to only mention them in regards to it instead of paying the money to Sony to make it exclusive like the previous 4 years?
Dunno what you are trying to say, but there are a lot fewer exclusives at GS these days. I think RE Village is the only one and BB gets the same steelbook. GS are closing many of their stores and rumor they are going to an online only thing to try to stay floatin.

Dunno what you are trying to say, but there are a lot fewer exclusives at GS these days. I think RE Village is the only one and BB gets the same steelbook. GS are closing many of their stores and rumor they are going to an online only thing to try to stay floatin.
I am trying to find out if someone actually ordered this from somewhere that isn't GameStop. There's these online listings at the other 3 national retailers, but they don't have any signs in store for anything beyond the $85 edition and various MLB The Show content creators are all advertising GameStop for the $100 edition so I was just wondering if it's not an exclusive anymore and GS is just paying creators to promote GS.

Gamestop has one of the worst online inventory systems and their shipping options sucks ass, if they go online only they need to desperately change their online strategy or will crash and burn for sure.

So while watching the Indie Direct today one game (among many) that caught my eye was Cris Tales.  After doing some quick googling it looks like not only is the game getting a larger physical release, it's getting a collector's edition on top of that.

https://store.maximumgames.com/products/cris-tales-collectors-edition

The game is coming out on PC, Switch, PS4/PS5, and XBone/XsX and the CE costs $100 (Shipping rang up as $14)

Collector's Edition comes with:

- Collector's Box

- Physical copy of the game

- 60-page artbook

- Matias Plush (The game's frog mascot, aprox 9 inches)

- 4 enamel character pins

- 3 character stickers

- 2 lithographic art prints

- 'peek-a-boo' Game O-sleeve

- Digital content (4 desktop wallpapers, 8 phone wallpapers, 10 character avatars)

- Game comes with a key art poster in the case (Regular and CE versions have this poster)

[attachment=35517:promo1_pc_text.jpg]

So while watching the Indie Direct today one game (among many) that caught my eye was Cris Tales. After doing some quick googling it looks like not only is the game getting a larger physical release, it's getting a collector's edition on top of that.

The game is coming out on PC, Switch, PS4/PS5, and XBone/XsX and the CE costs $100 (Shipping rang up as $14)

- Collector's Box

- 60-page artbook

- 3 character stickers

- Digital content (4 desktop wallpapers, 8 phone wallpapers, 10 character avatars)

- Game comes with a key art poster in the case (Regular and CE versions have this poster)
Damn already have a physical copy at Best Buy pre-ordered with GCU price but that CE is tempting. If it had a steelbook it would be a done deal lol

So Gamestop is getting steelbook case for Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade.  I wonder if Best Buy will also get it.

So Gamestop is getting steelbook case for Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade. I wonder if Best Buy will also get it.
God dammit, I was really hoping to avoid rebuying this.

Ah who am I kidding, I was gonna rebuy it anyway for when I eventually get a PS5 slim in 3 years.

So while watching the Indie Direct today one game (among many) that caught my eye was Cris Tales. After doing some quick googling it looks like not only is the game getting a larger physical release, it's getting a collector's edition on top of that.

- Collector's Box

- 60-page artbook

- 3 character stickers

promo1_pc_text.jpg
I had posted about this a while back and there was also a price mistake for it on Amazon for $29.99 preorder, but those orders were cancelled, mentioned elsewhere on CAG too I believe.

Cristales CE ($99.99) for all platforms available on Maximum Games Store:

I am torn on the Cris Tales CE.  While it contains a lot of the things I look for in a CE, it is just more expensive than I would like, especially when you consider the standard PS5 edition is a $33.99 preorder at Bull Moose right now.

I am also torn on the Stubbs the Zombie CE:

https://stubbshub.com/#pre-order-position

Is there even going to be a standard physical release of Stubbs the Zombie?

I had posted about this a while back and there was also a price mistake for it on Amazon for $29.99 preorder, but those orders were cancelled, mentioned elsewhere on CAG too I believe.
Amazon cancelled by $30 pre-order, Target cancelled my B1G1 pre-order. The universe doesn't want me to buy this game apparently.

I am torn on the Cris Tales CE. While it contains a lot of the things I look for in a CE, it is just more expensive than I would like, especially when you consider the standard PS5 edition is a $33.99 preorder at Bull Moose right now.

I had no idea that this (the remake) was even happening...

Since the Yuffie DLC is only 2-3 hours long, I can finish it in one day, sell the game and buy it back on Black Friday

If there’s a new trophy set I’ll revisit it perhaps. Wasn’t that impressed to want to see most of it again.

I am torn on the Cris Tales CE. While it contains a lot of the things I look for in a CE, it is just more expensive than I would like, especially when you consider the standard PS5 edition is a $33.99 preorder at Bull Moose right now.

They even forgot to even show the copy of the game in the CE image. They had to add a note below it to even confirm there was a physical version lol

I had no idea that this (the remake) was even happening...
For what it's worth it's not a remake. It's not even a remaster. Quite literally a re-release with added achievements. Still glad they're doing it. I think I am gonna jump on the CE anyway as it's one of my all time favorite games from when I was younger and it's still good quirky fun today. The CE also kinda seems like it includes a lot compared to most CE's these days so Ill show my support

Oddworld Soulstorm CE is up at Best Buy (this already sold out at Amazon though it wouldn't surprise me if they list more):

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/oddworld-soulstorm-collectors-edition-playstation-5/6460377.p?skuId=6460377

At $149.99, its a bit pricey, but it does have a really nice artbook and figure. Metalpak instead of a steelbook though, which bring it down a little.
The standard edition has the metal case too. Save $100! Either way, I don't like the design of the case. If it was nice a colorful like the box art, I'd go for it.

Times like this I am glad when Best Best sells the steelbook by itself for $10-$20. 

Got Nier Replicant shipping notification during midweek with estimate delivery date of today, check on UPS tracker and they still haven't hand it off to UPS yet

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Ff7 steel book looks nice, but no way SE is getting me to spend $70 more on the same part of a game I already played last year. Lmk when the next chapter comes out, they're gonna milk this for all its worth.

Any idea where to get Legend of Mana Collector's Edition?  Doesn't look like play asia is carrying it for now

Did people actually like Legend of Mana that much, where SE saw enough demand to re-release it? Not trying to hate, it's just that it's not a game I see mentioned whenever any time people talk about "best RPGs of Y" type situations.

Outside of the mainstream ones (FF), it just seems like there are so many other RPGS that received way more praise than Legend of Mana. I mean, I'd murder all of you for a Xenogears, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Vagrant Story, or Terranigma remaster. For LOM, I would maybe consider buying it when it's (or if) $15 physical. 

Did people actually like Legend of Mana that much, where SE saw enough demand to re-release it? Not trying to hate, it's just that it's not a game I see mentioned whenever any time people talk about "best RPGs of Y" type situations.

Outside of the mainstream ones (FF), it just seems like there are so many other RPGS that received way more praise than Legend of Mana. I mean, I'd murder all of you for a Xenogears, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Vagrant Story, or Terranigma remaster. For LOM, I would maybe consider buying it when it's (or if) $15 physical.
Legend of Mana is one of my absolute favorite games of all time, and my comfort game whenever I'm in the hospital (which is too often) so having it on Switch is great, because I don't need to figure out where my PSP is now. Granted, SaGa Frontier getting the re-release is also good, it's my backup hospital game :D I haven't ordered LoM yet, but I plan on it next month... did SaGa this month, have to break up cash being spent.

bread's done
Back