2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have both at the moment and am kinda torn. I'm not a huge RE fan, with the exception of RE4 but REVIII has me excited. However, I was hoping to get the PS5 CE but was only able to get the PS4 one.

I'm also not a huge ME fan either but that cache seems like a decent value.
FWIW the PS4 version has a free nextgen upgrade. Other than that, contents are the same unless you wanted the PS5 strip around the packaging.

To me though, since BB has the steelbook, it wasn't worth paying essentially $170 extra for a statue and artbook.

Nice! Mine will be in tomorrow. Shipping was a bit slow. I got the game from BB so I'll have a steelbook with it, but I'm not a hater of metal cases if the front art is nice.
Exactly what I did. Gotta catch 'em all. I'm pissed I sold my ME Andromeda steelbooks because I'm working on my grand Mass Effect collector display and need them to go along with these steelbooks.

Cyberpunk, Yakuza Like A Dragon, Borderland 3 and Doom Eternal steelbook got another price cut to $5 each at Bestbuy. They seems to REALLY want these gone.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Dang, my copy of Village from bestbuy shipped yesterday for today delivery.  This morning it just says Cannot be delivered as scheduled.  I think it got left somewhere as it looks like it never got picked up... oh well  More Returnal for a while I guess.

I ordered a couple steelbooks a week ago and they both arrived damaged. Really wish BB would stop putting them in bubble mailers.

Lost Judgment steelbook, Bestbuy preorder exclusive. If only Judgment getting one as well.
368a8ae054dde10f4cb9424026e26807.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Really regret buying P5 Strikers for the SB now... also wish there was a way to know which Cyberpunk SB you're gonna get.
I ordered two Cyberpunk steelbooks last time and they sent me two of the same kind. And one was totally destroyed. The spine was ripped out and it was dislodged at the joints. I didn't complain about it, so I figure BB owes me one.

I ordered a couple steelbooks a week ago and they both arrived damaged. Really wish BB would stop putting them in bubble mailers.
I have 1 for store pick up and am having 2 shipped, hoping they don't use bubble mailer for that reason. And I also forgot to consider, but most of these prob aren't shrink-wrapped either... so it's gonna be scuff city.

Really regret buying P5 Strikers for the SB now... also wish there was a way to know which Cyberpunk SB you're gonna get.
I regret ordering Doom Eternal for just the Steelbook, especially since I couldn't get into Doom 2016. And now it's available for like $5.

But P5 Strikers? I ordered the PS4 version, and the Steelbook for that is still more than the game itself.

Edit: I guess I didn't notice the Switch one on the sales list.

I regret ordering Doom Eternal for just the Steelbook, especially since I couldn't get into Doom 2016. And now it's available for like $5.

But P5 Strikers? I ordered the PS4 version, and the Steelbook for that is still more than the game itself.
Meant the NS version since... I rarely touch my NS outside of Nintendo games but bought both copies due to FOMO. I know... I know... stupid me. Had no idea though that the PS4 SB was worth something. I know there were some initial problems (mine had a lot of funky order status updates but ultimately arrived) but I thought there was a another round of the PS4 SBs after a week or two after release that settled all that but guess not.

I swung by my local BB and managed to get the 3 cyberpunk SBs I was missing (funny enough, the one I had they had none of), so now I have the complete set =)

That ME Steelbook is nice!  I like the ME Cache metal case too.  It's embossed on front and back.  The helmet was a nice surprise.  I have a big head, so the doom helmet is scary to remove, but the ME helmet is nice and wide open at the bottom.

The RE Village steelbook is nice if a little plain.  No fun art on the inside or anything.  It's good for free.  I'm glad I didn't stick with the CE.

[attachment=35572:20210507_200501.jpg]

I swung by my local BB and managed to get the 3 cyberpunk SBs I was missing (funny enough, the one I had they had none of), so now I have the complete set =)
I ordered 3 cyberpunk Steelbooks for pick up at my store, and got 3 of the same steelbooks. Which I had one of them already..now I have 4 of the same one. Everything is not coming up Milhouse.

RE 8 CE packaged extremely well; CE in a box within another box with packing bubbles to fill in the gap in the larger outer box.

I saw this on Resetera, Someone made an english hardcover of version of Perfect Works. Not sure the legality of doing something like this though but it is available.

Xenogears Perfect Works English Hardcover. Use code WELCOME15 to get 15% off.

https://www.lulu.com/en/en/shop/square-enix/xenoperfworks/hardcover/product-pnnp98.html?page=1&pageSize=4
Looks like this was pulled... sucks because I just got mine and all the corners are badly dinged so I guess I'm prob not getting a replacement. It shipped in one of those wraparound cardboard mailers but the mailer itself was too big so it just bounced around inside.

That sucks, I am scheduled to get my copy tomorrow. I am definitely going to try and contact customer service rep if the book is damaged. I heard the book was pulled because someone reported it.

I just got my Perfect Works early and it was in pretty good condition. There was some very, very minor ding on the top binding corner but every other corner were sharp and pointy. 

Yeah. Mine is a little dinged up as well. But since this is an unofficial fan translation (I think), I’m not going to bother with replacing it. Figure it probably shouldn’t exist to begin with

Yeah. Mine is a little dinged up as well. But since this is an unofficial fan translation (I think), I’m not going to bother with replacing it. Figure it probably shouldn’t exist to begin with
Well, not like you can... guessing they caught on.LOL

I gotta say though, the qualify is pretty damn excellent. I was not expecting this to be as nice as it is. *sigh* Guess I'll just live with my dinged up copy.

Well, not like you can... guessing they caught on.LOL

I gotta say though, the qualify is pretty damn excellent. I was not expecting this to be as nice as it is. *sigh* Guess I'll just live with my dinged up copy.
Mine is dinged on one corner itself also, otherwise it pretty good condition. Was going to ask them for a replacement too, but guess not anymore.. I flipped through it briefly and it's pretty neat. Glad to have gotten a copy of this.

Any other cags still sitting on a preorder for that $60 :ps4: biomutant CE from amz price mistake?  Part of me wants to cancel.. as I don't really want to play a ps4 version of a multiplatform action game.  But then i noticed it appears the CE is unavailable in most places.  Is this thing actually difficult to get at this point?

Any other cags still sitting on a preorder for that $60 :ps4: biomutant CE from amz price mistake? Part of me wants to cancel.. as I don't really want to play a ps4 version of a multiplatform action game. But then i noticed it appears the CE is unavailable in most places. Is this thing actually difficult to get at this point?
I do as well. I plan on just having it ship to me and see the reviews and if it looks good keep it or sell it off if it jumps up in price. If not, return it. Out nothing in the end. I have a feeling there won't be many of these floating around considering how long this game's been in production.

Any other cags still sitting on a preorder for that $60 :ps4: biomutant CE from amz price mistake? Part of me wants to cancel.. as I don't really want to play a ps4 version of a multiplatform action game. But then i noticed it appears the CE is unavailable in most places. Is this thing actually difficult to get at this point?
I am, I think it looks pretty good and at that price it's worth keeping.

Same. I was also surprised to learn the MSRP for the CE is $200 (I thought it was $120-$150), which makes the $60 price mistake that much sweeter.
As far as i can tell it's currently available around 120 from deepdiscount. Not sure if many actually sold at 200. I suppose it's still wait-and-see for me. Will still probably cancel if the game bombs in reviews or if the statue is lower in quality than presented. The latter, according to what ive read, is what happened with the rereconkining CE.

Same. I was also surprised to learn the MSRP for the CE is $200 (I thought it was $120-$150), which makes the $60 price mistake that much sweeter.
The MSRP was never $200. The MSRP of the collector's edition is $119.95 and it can still be preordered directly from the THQ store for that price. So, $60 is still a good deal at half off, but not as remarkable as it would be if MSRP was $200. There is a $400 Atomic Edition as well that can still be ordered directly from THQ and I believe is also sold out at most retailers.

The MSRP was never $200. The MSRP of the collector's edition is $119.95 and it can still be preordered directly from the THQ store for that price. So, $60 is still a good deal at half off, but not as remarkable as it would be if MSRP was $200. There is a $400 Atomic Edition as well that can still be ordered directly from THQ and I believe is also sold out at most retailers.
My mistake, I got that "MSRP" from a preview video that was posted last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFqqcB-Sfos

Right around the 11:00 mark.

If it makes you feel any better the game is absolutely fantastic. I just passed the 30 hour mark and am genuinely shocked at how good it is.

I know Atlus does quality work, but I never expected anything above mediocrity from Omega Force. I came in expecting Persona Dynasty Warriors but the game is SO much more than that. I may actually like it more than P5 because of the combat.

If it makes you feel any better the game is absolutely fantastic. I just passed the 30 hour mark and am genuinely shocked at how good it is.

I know Atlus does quality work, but I never expected anything above mediocrity from Omega Force. I came in expecting Persona Dynasty Warriors but the game is SO much more than that. I may actually like it more than P5 because of the combat.
honestly it makes me wish that persona 5's actual combat was like this. Instead of revolving around lucky crits, te game revolves around skill

I don't think i'm going to be able to look at turn based persona normally after this. All the customized environmental actions are really cool too. It really kind of exceptionally highlights how dated the old-school JRPG battle system feels

Yeah, this being from omega force is mind blowing. Someone must have been whipping them non stop. From a company that can't get a horse to just freaking stop right next to a player when called..to this? Who was worked at gunpoint, I wonder

So I bought 10 Yakuza Like A Dragon steelbooks from Best Buy hoping maybe to get a couple minty ones since they were $5 each, and they were all shipped in giant bubble mailer bag lol. Like even with "10" someone didn't think to use a box.

So I bought 10 Yakuza Like A Dragon steelbooks from Best Buy hoping maybe to get a couple minty ones since they were $5 each, and they were all shipped in giant bubble mailer bag lol. Like even with "10" someone didn't think to use a box.
Thats funny as the one I got from preodering came in a box.

If it fits in a bubble mailer then that's always what a store is going to use when they have a bunch of stuff to ship out.

honestly it makes me wish that persona 5's actual combat was like this. Instead of revolving around lucky crits, te game revolves around skill

I don't think i'm going to be able to look at turn based persona normally after this. All the customized environmental actions are really cool too. It really kind of exceptionally highlights how dated the old-school JRPG battle system feels

Yeah, this being from omega force is mind blowing. Someone must have been whipping them non stop. From a company that can't get a horse to just freaking stop right next to a player when called..to this? Who was worked at gunpoint, I wonder
I got maybe 5 hours into Persona 5 and couldn't keep interested. I couldn't put down Like a Dragon though. Even with the slow start. I loved the characters. I guess I relate more to old nerds than pouty teenagers. :p I need to try strikers though. RE Village is next, then got some more backlog to work on.

I was able to find two of those Cyberpunk 2077 SB cases at one Best Buy and the other two at another.  For the longest time I thought there were only three because the product page only shows three for some reason.

Speaking of SteelBook cases - Does anyone use some sort of product to catalog all of their cases?  To keep track of what you have and what you are looking for?

I got maybe 5 hours into Persona 5 and couldn't keep interested. I couldn't put down Like a Dragon though. Even with the slow start. I loved the characters. I guess I relate more to old nerds than pouty teenagers. :p I need to try strikers though. RE Village is next, then got some more backlog to work on.
I liked P5 for a few hours that I’ve played but for some reason took a break from it and never got back n now I have the royal edition still sealed. I finished Yakuza 7 and is the best turn based game that I’ve actually finished. Not a fan of turn based but this was addicting. Just hated the grind (underground). The store was actually grabbed me in the beginning, it slowed down for me during nanba arc

I was able to find two of those Cyberpunk 2077 SB cases at one Best Buy and the other two at another. For the longest time I thought there were only three because the product page only shows three for some reason.

Speaking of SteelBook cases - Does anyone use some sort of product to catalog all of their cases? To keep track of what you have and what you are looking for?

Reading this, I also thought there was three, Im missing the 1 in the middle of the picture

Now I gotta go find it....

bread's done
Back