2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, what I don't understand is how are retailers getting so few of them. for example, target had a limit 1 for each of them and still sold out in seconds. Even if people are using bots, they can only order 1 at a time and would have to use a different account for each once.

This is actually garbage.  These scalpers are 100% to blame and someone needs to do something about this.  I just want one for myself.

Phew, managed to get all 3 at BB right when they went up earlier :)

That looks beautiful. Hopefully it's easy to get and not crazy expensive to import. Any ideas on whether it will have English on the JP release?
It's launching world wide on the same date (well, technically 1 day apart), so there's a good chance, but not a guarantee

Yeah, what I don't understand is how are retailers getting so few of them. for example, target had a limit 1 for each of them and still sold out in seconds. Even if people are using bots, they can only order 1 at a time and would have to use a different account for each once.
Retailers been scaling back physical media order from publishers since 2020, even more for SE/CE/LE. Steep clearance discounts mean losses, and they're trying to minimize that. Could also be the shift to the digital download made them rethink how much merchandise to stock.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Surprisingly, GameStop let you order 3 Special Editions & 3 Amiibos per order, Target was 1, don't recall Best Buys limit.

With the pandemic and greedy ass people sitting at home with nothing better to do, they can use bots and monitor these sites all day as they were banking on the game systems and graphics cards. Now I expect this to be the "new" old norm all over again like the original Amiibo and Nintendo collector edition craze with resellers making profit hand over fist as the retailers still won't do anything about it.
This is actually garbage. These scalpers are 100% to blame and someone needs to do something about this. I just want one for myself.
This is what happens when people stop supporting brick & mortar stores and switch completely to online shopping. That ship sailed five years ago. Thank half of society that does all of their shopping on Amazon.

Retailer stores lose out when they waste resources on physical distribution. This is what it's like from now on.

Wow, these scalpers are just shameful. I see listings up for 200+ with 3 or more. Too bad you can't report them for selling preorders.
Nah, Way worse than that are all the millennials and kids that think they deserve everything no matter the cost. It's the impatient. entitled, spoiled brat culture that drives these kinds of secondary markets. The buyers are to blame.

A man with principles doesn't pay those kind of markups every time a new paper box comes out.

But you can report scalpers on preorders that are outside of the 30 day release window. That has been the policy for several years so you could report them and hope they get taken down before desperate buyers snipe them. After several violations, the reseller is restricted and has to go through a whole dispute with eBay to reinstate their selling privileges.

But you can report scalpers on preorders that are outside of the 30 day release window. That has been the policy for several years so you could report them and hope they get taken down before desperate buyers snipe them. After several violations, the reseller is restricted and has to go through a whole dispute with eBay to reinstate their selling privileges.
You could also stand out on the street corner and protest bananas.

The resellers will have the initial advantage as eBay doesn't have a clue what is the release day for most hot item things until after the preorders are sold out and the resellers are flooding the auction pages. Once they get enough reports, they invoke the restrictions to these items by searching for the words in the title and subject. If anything, these resellers will be super desperate and try to unload their inventory and sell these items cheaper to get them to bypass the buyer reports. 

You could also stand out on the street corner and protest bananas.
You are absolutely correct, but if people are that angry and feel helpless, they do have the ability to exact just a little revenge on the scalpers and their damn bots and impact their profits. Honestly, we know it doesn't get people the game or amiibo, but it prevents these resellers from making ridiculous profit months before the release date and using the buyers own money to pay for these items.

Did Metroid Dread SE go up on Amazon? Got a pic at 9:58pm EST from a friend showing he got it off Amazon.

I’ve been sitting here refreshing the page since 3pm EST and haven’t seen any changes to Pre-Order. Was wondering if other people got it from Amazon.

Did Metroid Dread SE go up on Amazon? Got a pic at 9:58pm EST from a friend showing he got it off Amazon.

I’ve been sitting here refreshing the page since 3pm EST and haven’t seen any changes to Pre-Order. Was wondering if other people got it from Amazon.
Same situation as you with the constant refresh. Did not see AMZ posted anywhere, but if this is your friend and you legitimately trust him to not troll you, maybe it did go up and nobody caught it in time here. It wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Same situation as you with the constant refresh. Did not see AMZ posted anywhere, but if this is your friend and you legitimately trust him to not troll you, maybe it did go up and nobody caught it in time here. It wouldn't be the first time that happened.
See, that’s what I don’t know. He swears he’s not trolling and sent an image that looks legit saying he purchased it today.

I swear to god it never went up, but I just wanted to check if anyone on here also got it.

I put an order in and got a PayID email and no idea what this is about lol. Can someone explain this?

It says I have until 6/21 or it'll be canceled.

The Limited edition with 【Amazon.co.jp限定】in the title means Amazon Japan has an exclusive version of this edition. Most of the time includes a extra postal cards, poster, pines, or tissues.  I got a postal cards set with my Fire Emblem, and my Gravity Rush 1 LE 【Amazon.co.jp限定】includes a bag with a tiny towel.   

Fire Emblem 【Amazon.co.jp限定】extra

[attachment=35699:71QcIgKAa-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg]

Xenoblade 【Amazon.co.jp限定】 extra

[attachment=35700:xenoblade extra.PNG]

The Limited edition with 【Amazon.co.jp限定】in the title means Amazon Japan has an exclusive version of this edition. Most of the time includes an extra postal cards, poster, pines, or tissues. I got a postal cards set with my Fire Emblem, and my Gravity Rush 1 LE 【Amazon.co.jp限定】includes a bag with a tiny towel.
Oh really? I think I ordered the wrong one then... Debating if it's worth it to try cancelling and reordering. Another little extra like that would be nice. Wish there was an indication on the page what the extra item is.

Oh really? I think I ordered the wrong one then... Debating if it's worth it to try cancelling and reordering. Another little extra like that would be nice. Wish there was an indication on the page what the extra item is.
I just got one of each since I wasn't sure. Will probably be rare since it's limit one (but actually one of each), so would be nice to have a spare.

The Medium - Two Worlds Special Edition
4f10e567044ffae0a42c35fdfdbe1a07.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I'm just here to say I hate scalpers w/ a passion. And I hate these damn bots scooping on special editions. I've been waiting for a new metroid forever. grumble. grumble. end rant.

Screw scalpers! I’m a huge fan of the Metroid series and have grown up right alongside it. I want nothing more than to own a copy of the special edition and new amiibo two-pack, but scalpers just totally killed that dream.

They’re scum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1405146001397096453?s=21
The game should also have be playable in english for the JPN version as well, the only thing is the Japanese text on relevant items (artbook, packaging,etc.).

Anyone who actually wants to own the items should jump on that SE+amiibo pack if they really want the physical items as much as they claim and not wanting to pay scalpers.

The cost after shipping is pretty comparable to buying these items separately after tax.

The game should also have be playable in english for the JPN version as well, the only thing is the Japanese text on relevant items (artbook, packaging,etc.).
Anyone who actually wants to own the items should jump on that SE+amiibo pack if they really want the physical items as much as they claim and not wanting to pay scalpers.

The cost after shipping is pretty comparable to buying these items separately after tax.
Says no shipping to the US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so mad right now. I literally just waited in the one hour long line of people waiting for xbox's at my local gamestop. I told them I was there to preorder the metroid collector's edition for the switch, and they told me I could preorder that period after I got into the actual store however they told me oh Hey pre orders for that are all sold out now

all this discourages me from watching / hoping for a Bayonetta edition Switch,  cause I'll probably never beat the nintendo basement dwelling loser bots.  And I will Never pay a scalper.  

all this discourages me from watching / hoping for a Bayonetta edition Switch, cause I'll probably never beat the nintendo basement dwelling loser bots. And I will Never pay a scalper.
I never thought about a Bayonetta edition switch but that would be amazing! I've been waiting on Bayo3 to actually get a switch, very disappointed to not see the game at E3. We're coming up on four years since it was announced, it can't be much further away now right?

Not sure if already mentioned, but you can preorder Metroid amiibo in store at GameStop. It will be shipped directly from warehouse & you need to put whole amount down.

If your GameStop is awesome, they can initiate the order when you call, suspend the transaction & then complete it when you are in store. I believe this helps if it is sold out while you get to store, but don’t quote me on that

bread's done
Back