2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Any one received an email from shopto stating they reduced the price of skyward sword preorder?
Nope. No one has posted anything about it this morning.

I got an email from shopto saying my Skyward Sword and steelbook had a cheaper pre-order price. The site isn't well laid out, but looks like the game will got $85 shipped instead of $112. That leaves a $30 credit for a site with $60 shipping.

c386a34975d1ce6a701ad0ffa2fa0fa7.jpg

61c0b11dd9caeedbe460216a8e8b053f.jpg

Received about 4 in the morning, I’m pleased with shopto for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is the item price 43GBP and the total 85 GBP? Is the difference shipping?
Yea they use DHL express so international shipping was $60 US dollars….I can’t remember what the conversion from GBP was

I'm getting a message that says they don't ship that item to the US. Sucks because I'd totally pay $51+ whatever it costs to ship for the game and steelbook.
Yea they have a cut off date when it comes to shipping in the US…idk bt you have to preorder ASAP when steelbooks are announced…I believe shop4world still have them with steelbook for $100

Anyone still waiting on Scarlet Nexus steelbook from Bandai Namco. Got the games earlier this week, but no steelbook yet. They won’t reply to a ticket either

Anyone still waiting on Scarlet Nexus steelbook from Bandai Namco. Got the games earlier this week, but no steelbook yet. They won’t reply to a ticket either
I received mines Tuesday bundled together, if no steelbook request refund, it should of popped up on your ticket when checking out…that’s unacceptable

I received mines Tuesday bundled together, if no steelbook request refund, it should of popped up on your ticket when checking out…that’s unacceptable

Yes the steelbook shows on my order, but not on the packing slip for the game. If they don’t get back to me next week, I may have to go through PayPal to settle

I got mine separately and they didn't ship the steelbook with a tracking number. So I just got it blindly.

I did send an email to their customer service though and they replied within 24 hours, so try doing that and ask if they shipped it.

Any sneak pics of what the packaging of the MH Stories 2 Collector's Edition looks like yet? I assume it will be the same as MH Rise but I haven't seen anything

I was thinking today about how my love of collecting has really declined over the years. Sure, I still love a good CE now and again, but I honestly miss the old days when CEs were far less common, and by less common I don't mean limited production, I mean less games actually had CEs. Now almost every game has one.

I miss where 99% of your game collection was standard games and every so often that one game would have a CE. Like the Lunars back in the day for PS1. Even though I think technically that was a launch edition, but I can't remember.

It allowed me to cherish CEs a lot more when there were less of them.

I appreciate the game industry having grown so big to where there's always stuff to buy coming out, but I think even for regular titles back in the day I appreciated them more when there weren't as many. Every new game I bought felt like a big deal, and now it's just throwing the next item on my game shelf.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking today about how my love of collecting has really declined over the years. Sure, I still love a good CE now and again, but I honestly miss the old days when CEs were far less common, and by less common I don't mean limited production, I mean less games actually had CEs. Now almost every game has one.

I miss where 99% of your game collection was standard games and every so often that one game would have a CE. Like the Lunars back in the day for PS1. Even though I think technically that was a launch edition, but I can't remember.

I appreciate the game industry having grown so big to where there's always stuff to buy coming out, but I think even for regular titles back in the day I appreciated them more when there weren't as many. Every new game I bought felt like a big deal, and now it's just throwing the next item on my game shelf.
Yeah the over saturation of LE/CEs has become a bit much. I've cut back, mainly, to just games I'm interested in. Every now and again I'll buy a LE/CE just because it looks cool but it'll still at least be for a game I play. Those Lunar and Ark the Lad CEs are some of my favorites, especially cause those games are so high on my list of favorites but it could also be because games packaged like that were so rare at the time.

With all that said I got my Animal Crossing New Horizons steelbook in the mail today. It is an absolute beauty, big fan of the AC series, and although ACNH was a bit of a disappointment I'm still super happy to have this in my collection.

Yeah, it really is over saturation with LE and Collector's Editions. I do think at least the LEs are better than most of the ones in the xbox 360/ps3 era where it was just an extra $10 to pay for a cardboard box and some cheap extra thrown in.

That's because Working Designs knew how to make a collector's edition, unlike most of the crap put out nowadays. Those games are worth a bunch and rightfully so.

I still have my first big CE boxed up. It was Guild Wars 2. I had to use Gamestop to pre-order in store and pay it off over time when I had less money back in the day. It was really cool to go and pick that up on launch day. Now there are so many of them and it's all shipped now. UPS leaving it at my door and not knocking at 8pm on launch day (or later) just isn't the same.

That's because Working Designs knew how to make a collector's edition, unlike most of the crap put out nowadays. Those games are worth a bunch and rightfully so.
Oh man, I remember buying Lunar SSSC day 1 and it was in awe, also picked up the guide which had the stickers. I think that was my first collectors edition, and it helped that the game was amazing. I was also super sad not being able to buy Lunar 2 and Arc the Lad since I couldn't afford them at release and actually paid less for them used years later. Good times.

Oh man, I remember buying Lunar SSSC day 1 and it was in awe, also picked up the guide which had the stickers. I think that was my first collectors edition, and it helped that the game was amazing. I was also super sad not being able to buy Lunar 2 and Arc the Lad since I couldn't afford them at release and actually paid less for them used years later. Good times.
Ha! I also had to pick up all of them used but complete years later as I only had an N64 growing up. I did find Vanguard bandits in a clearance bin at either K-mart or Sears pretty late in the cycle. That game was a bit more sus but had it's own charm as well. It reminded me a lot of the Escaflowne anime for some reason.

Ya I think most people are sick of unlimited run games at this point, they've pretty much broken from everything they originally were when they started.

Almost everything has a 6-8 week pre-order window now + Best Buy copies down the road.

Now everything is getting "Slipcovers" & "Steelbooks" to buy on the side to milk each title into oblivion.

$$$

Ya I think most people are sick of unlimited run games at this point, they've pretty much broken from everything they originally were when they started.

Almost everything has a 6-8 week pre-order window now + Best Buy copies down the road.

Now everything is getting "Slipcovers" & "Steelbooks" to buy on the side to milk each title into oblivion.

$$$
Meanwhile LiS True Colors gets no LE/CE. All I want is a Steelbook, CD Soundtrack, and code for LiS Remastered.

bread's done
Back