2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of Zelda and rarity. What're the odds I can find a stupid pair of Zelda Joy-Cons this upcoming week?
I'm wondering the same. I have an order on amazon.jp for about $92 shipped, but would much rather get the us version for MSRP. I'm sure by the time they're in stock these ones will ship.

Speaking of Zelda and rarity. What're the odds I can find a stupid pair of Zelda Joy-Cons this upcoming week?
Target has them highlighted in their weekly ad, so I’d keep an eye on the Target app starting late Thursday night. Might be able to reserve a pair for in-store pickup. If that doesn’t work, you could watch GameStop.com early Friday morning and see if they pop back on for shipping. Those would be my top 2 options, with Best Buy, Walmart or Amazon a distant third option (not sure all of them sold those joy cons to begin with).

I'm wondering the same. I have an order on amazon.jp for about $92 shipped, but would much rather get the us version for MSRP. I'm sure by the time they're in stock these ones will ship.
You can have my order if you don't mind paying cost plus shipping. I am going to cancel my order or you might get lucky on release day once people start canceling their order.

You can have my order if you don't mind paying cost plus shipping. I am going to cancel my order or you might get lucky on release day once people start canceling their order.
If tht offer stands and no one else is up for it, I may.

Target has them highlighted in their weekly ad, so I’d keep an eye on the Target app starting late Thursday night. Might be able to reserve a pair for in-store pickup. If that doesn’t work, you could watch GameStop.com early Friday morning and see if they pop back on for shipping. Those would be my top 2 options, with Best Buy, Walmart or Amazon a distant third option (not sure all of them sold those joy cons to begin with).
I’m actually free to go to store this Friday and can be online Thu-Fri night. I was busy with work previously and totally missed out on pre-orders. Hell, I missed out on the Zelda SB and just gave up and put an order in for the Shop4Megastore $99 bundle :( Don’t wanna overpay for the Joy-Cons also.

Stupid ShopTo restricting shipping….

It's in the Target ad. That means they have to have them available in-store through some means on Friday. Which means they could go up on the website at 2am for in-store pickup. They might have them at the electronics register at 7am Friday. The store might forget about them and leave them in a box in the back. If it's something that's important to you then you need to go in and talk to the electronics supervisor and ask them how they are going to handle distributing these items.

If Target has some electronics in the Sunday Ad then they put aside quantities for it to be available on the stated release date.

It's in the Target ad. That means they have to have them available in-store through some means on Friday. Which means they could go up on the website at 2am for in-store pickup. They might have them at the electronics register at 7am Friday. The store might forget about them and leave them in a box in the back. If it's something that's important to you then you need to go in and talk to the electronics supervisor and ask them how they are going to handle distributing these items.

If Target has some electronics in the Sunday Ad then they put aside quantities for it to be available on the stated release date.
Gotcha. And so the 2AM means they update their website midnight mountain usually then? Thanks for the advice. I'll call and ask em what they're planning on doing.

If tht offer stands and no one else is up for it, I may.

I’m actually free to go to store this Friday and can be online Thu-Fri night. I was busy with work previously and totally missed out on pre-orders. Hell, I missed out on the Zelda SB and just gave up and put an order in for the Shop4Megastore $99 bundle :( Don’t wanna overpay for the Joy-Cons also.

Stupid ShopTo restricting shipping….
Yeah sure, if you are not able to get it.

It could still be a clusterfuck at Target though. They had the Sanrio amiibo cards in their ad when those came out and it was a mess trying to order them for in store pick up. Some stores sold them in store so then they didn’t have enough to cover the online orders.

If the joy cons are in store, you’ll be fighting off the scalpers.

What am I missing here? It's there something exceptional about this copy other than the condition?
It's a first production of the game (so it's one of the first copies of the game to be produced when it came out). It's graded at 9.8 which means it might as well be in perfect condition. I've never seen a WATA 10 graded game (from that era) but either way, it's the highest graded copy of the game to exist. Any original Nintendo game from before the Gamecube era will be worth thousands of dollars since you'd have to keep such items in that condition for 2+ decades which is pretty hard to do.

It's a first production of the game (so it's one of the first copies of the game to be produced when it came out). It's graded at 9.8 which means it might as well be in perfect condition. I've never seen a WATA 10 graded game (from that era) but either way, it's the highest graded copy of the game to exist. Any original Nintendo game from before the Gamecube era will be worth thousands of dollars since you'd have to keep such items in that condition for 2+ decades which is pretty hard to do.
Lol the game isn't even a real 9.8 either, you can see a huge wear spot on the bottom corner of the game box and I know that's not the only flaw on the box. A 9.8 would literally be like a case fresh copy, virtually perfect. Wata is so grotesquely overrated.

Lol the game isn't even a real 9.8 either, you can see a huge wear spot on the bottom corner of the game box and I know that's not the only flaw on the box. A 9.8 would literally be like a case fresh copy, virtually perfect. Wata is so grotesquely overrated.
I believe that's part of the artwork, don't think that's wear. It's like the clouds, just got cut-off. Here's a random pic I found that kinda shows it.

https://thechozoproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Nintendo-64-Nostalgia-square.jpg

I'm not gonna defend Wata (or VGA) since I never used either, but Heritage auctions likely wouldn't just work with any company. When people are paying tons of money of stuff, they due their due diligence.

EDIT* And I can understand the unlikely chance of someone having a near perfect copy games from decades ago but I wouldn't say it's impossible, especially for a game from the mid 90s. Prob speculative, someone saw older games being harder and harder to find and realized this is something that has a chance to be a collectible.

The Medium - Two Worlds Special Edition
4f10e567044ffae0a42c35fdfdbe1a07.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
What's the best option for getting this shipped to the US? Seems like we're only getting the vanilla disc here.

Does anyone here since people here get a lot of packages put in delivery instructions with your FedEx, UPS, Amazon accounts, etc? And do they ever actually follow them?

I don’t have a porch, but I do have stairs leading to my front door, and usually if a package could fit, the delivery people would drop it between my screen door and main front door, so the package is concealed. And I left instructions on my accounts on the places I could. But over the last year, all delivery people stopped doing that. Hell, they don’t even bother to put it on the top step. They will just drop the package at the base of the steps even if it’s a tiny bubble mailer.

On amazon I put deliver to back door on the delivery instructions since you can’t do custom ones and none of them have ever done it. Not a single one.

Just curious if it’s that way for everyone or maybe it’s different in different cities with different drivers.

Does anyone here since people here get a lot of packages put in delivery instructions with your FedEx, UPS, Amazon accounts, etc? And do they ever actually follow them?

I don’t have a porch, but I do have stairs leading to my front door, and usually if a package could fit, the delivery people would drop it between my screen door and main front door, so the package is concealed. And I left instructions on my accounts on the places I could. But over the last year, all delivery people stopped doing that. Hell, they don’t even bother to put it on the top step. They will just drop the package at the base of the steps even if it’s a tiny bubble mailer.

On amazon I put deliver to back door on the delivery instructions since you can’t do custom ones and none of them have ever done it. Not a single one.

Just curious if it’s that way for everyone or maybe it’s different in different cities with different drivers.
My post office will fold things with giant do not bend stickers.

Funny, the only ones that ever have are Amazon's own delivery people. They're pretty good around here, they follow it like 80% of the the time. FedEx is the worst IMO, because they make it super easy to leave instructions or request special delivery, etc. but they will never follow it.

I've had the least amount of issues with Amazon over the past year, prob because there's so many people doing that around here where they can easily get rid of anyone that gets low ratings.

Funny, the only ones that ever have are Amazon's own delivery people. They're pretty good around here, they follow it like 80% of the the time. FedEx is the worst IMO, because they make it super easy to leave instructions or request special delivery, etc. but they will never follow it.

I've had the least amount of issues with Amazon over the past year, prob because there's so many people doing that around here where they can easily get rid of anyone that gets low ratings.
For me the best lately oddly has been the post office, which is never the case. Used to be FedEx for me, but not anymore. Amazon they sprint to my door, drop the package on the bottom of my steps and don't even knock. I do sympathize with them because apparently they're on such tight time restraints to get all packages delivered that they need to pee in bottles in the back of the trucks. But still, leaving it on the top step or knocking on my door takes an extra 0.5 seconds.

All Best Buy stores are getting a box of 12 Zelda Joy-cons. No idea if they will allow them to be ordered for pick-up on Friday morning or not.

All Best Buy stores are getting a box of 12 Zelda Joy-cons. No idea if they will allow them to be ordered for pick-up on Friday morning or not.
Not games, but BB recently had a huge restock of long sold out steelbook movies. Not sure what that was about.

I don't know, but I'm annoyed about my beat up LotR steelbooks that is super dented but couldn't be replaced, but now they reprinted.

Tempted to order a new set and return the old set.

Already posted in Gamestop thread... but since it's CE related. My Stories 2 CE came pretty dented. Anyone have success exchanging online for a new one? Or are they pretty bad about not doing anything at all? (Gamestop)

Back when I had a lot of deliveries I rented a UPS store box. Better than a PO Box since all delivery companies can deliver there. My packages were all secured and if there was damage to the shipping box the UPS store employee noted it when they accepted delivery.

I wondering if this'll be like the Mario Bros Game & Watch... hard to pre-order and sold out everywhere and then come release, it was around everywhere. I feel like these will not be like that since people love NS collecting... but still, I would love to find a domestic pair before my EU order ships.

...that's literally part of the cover art. I have one of these, not sealed unfortunately. WATA grades are pretty inflated, but they wouldn't give out a 9.8 A++ unless it's damn near perfect.

The fact Wata does not release population reports should be telling what type of company it is lol
No one has released pop reports for video games as yet. VGA used to (sort of) if you asked them for a specific game, but they haven't for a few years. CGC has come out and said they are entering the market and they would, hopefully that will cause the other companies to follow suit.

Ordered a couple of those Space Jam controllers from Amazon to collect, as per usual both are shipped in 1 large paper brown bubble mailer, not even a bubble mailer though, the shitty recycled ones with the white anthrax shit for filling. You can imagine how they arrived. Now I have this just released item I paid full retail for and they look like GameStop shelf clearance items. You can't replace them either because they're sold out and even if I did they would ship my replacements in another anthrax bag anyway, or you can waste your time talking to a foreigner so they can credit you $10 which means nothing.

bread's done
Back