2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
ebay will side with you, leaving out important details is considered against the seller. They stress to be very descriptive.

I do enjoy sticking it to sellers who are dishonest and/or greedy and try to get one over on you and watch them meltdown because they were slightly inconvenienced by a few bucks. They're such dbags.

The same thing goes for the sellers who put items for like $50-$100 dollars more than the going rate because they claim theirs is in "pristine/mint condition" and when you get it, it has a bunch of dings on it. It's like I'm not one to be a stickler for condition like that, but when you charge way over the going rate because you claim your item is pristine, and it isn't, and then you get mad at me for wanting either a partial refund or to return when I paid above market value for your item, don't mislead just to pocket some extra money. Be honest. They know damn well what they're doing. They just hope you won't notice or will be too lazy to return.
Yeah I had a seller clearly label their listing as the game being brand new, pictures show brand new. I get it and it's opened and dlc code was used. Messaged him about it and he told me to suck a d*ck. Filed a claim and he never responded to it and got refunded. It wasn't a super expensive game, but as you mention you gotta stick it to sellers that are dishonest.

Yeah I had a seller clearly label their listing as the game being brand new, pictures show brand new. I get it and it's opened and dlc code was used. Messaged him about it and he told me to suck a d*ck. Filed a claim and he never responded to it and got refunded. It wasn't a super expensive game, but as you mention you gotta stick it to sellers that are dishonest.
Man I wouldn't even call that dishonest. That sounds like some fraud on top of belligerence!

I remember going to GS around the time Diablo 3: RoS came out to get it for PS3. 

The guy pulled out a paper CD case the game was in and put it in a generic GS case to sell me as "new".

The open box didn't bother me as much as the generic case. I pointed out that there was a case for the game on the shelf and he said since it was their last case it was a "display case" and he couldn't sell it to me. 

When I protested he got a bit of an attitude and told me "I'm not getting fired so that you can have a case for your game.". 

I politely exited the store without making a purchase. I've since been in GS about 3 times and this was half a decade ago. It blows my mind that they still do enough business to keep the lights on.  

I remember going to GS around the time Diablo 3: RoS came out to get it for PS3.

The guy pulled out a paper CD case the game was in and put it in a generic GS case to sell me as "new".

The open box didn't bother me as much as the generic case. I pointed out that there was a case for the game on the shelf and he said since it was their last case it was a "display case" and he couldn't sell it to me.

When I protested he got a bit of an attitude and told me "I'm not getting fired so that you can have a case for your game.".

I politely exited the store without making a purchase. I've since been in GS about 3 times and this was half a decade ago. It blows my mind that they still do enough business to keep the lights on.
What the flip was that worker doing? The whole GS logic of gutting for a display case is to put the game in that actual case/artwork when you sell that final copy of the game.

Be glad you weren't there pre-pandemic as corporate would mandate stores gut multiple copies of whatever the top title that week was to put on their tower in the front of the store. Now stores generally don't get many, if any, extra copies of games unless it's Zelda, CoD, etc.

Ugh. The worst. Can't believe they still get away with this shit. Makes me shy away from buying slightly harder to find/older games from them cuz it could just be a "gutted" new copy from a store shelf.
So last winter GS "tried" to change this, but botched it so bad they lost sales and had to go back to the old way.

Yeah, his response has been “too bad, should have asked, no returns, you made a mistake, live and learn.” It’s been fun hearing him whine about the few bucks he would be out on shipping though, because of “my” mistake. What makes it even more ridiculous, is I did send him a message immediately with purchase. I’ve only bought a few NIS CEs, but they have had a little blue or red “for home device / for hybrid device” sticker on the outside of the packaging. I thought I could I see it laying in the background in one of his pictures. Not that I really care about it, but went ahead and asked if he could include that if it was one of those stickers. I added, “and this is US region, right?” There was nothing other than the missing sticker to make me question anything about the listing, and that could be easily explained, but I still added that confirmation anyway. Just to be safe. Took him a few days to ship the item, he had plenty of time but never responded. Claims that means I knew it wasn’t US region, and keeps saying I didn’t ask until after shipping, which is a lie…really bizarre. I’m not too worried about getting my money back, but a little worried about my sanity and view of human kind. Just kidding, know he’s just a bad apple, not gonna let him spoil the bunch. Thanks all.
I know you say it's just one bad apple, but this kind of stuff is prolific on secondhand marketplaces. At this point, if a detail isn't included I just assume the worst and move on from the listing (i.e. if they use a stock picture and don't specify otherwise, I assume I'd just get the disc in some off-brand case).

One of the most obnoxious examples I've seen recently is someone lining up glare with the rating in the bottom corner of a game case to hide that the rating wasn't ESRB/NA because the PAL version was worth less. These kinds of people are absolutely doing it on purpose.

On one hand, eBay's buyer protections are great because they protect the buyers in situations like this. But on the other hand, it enables buyers to be assholes if they want to - for example, I once had someone demand a full refund because of a tear in plastic wrap (that was pictured and noted in the item description).

I remember their CEO tried to defend these practices years back comparing it to car dealerships and how new cars aren't untouched.

So to Gamestop, if I buy a game, handle it with white gloves gently place it into my console and play it for 5 minutes and try to return it, it's now "used" but if employees handle a game with their dirty fingers and get smudges and small scratches all over the bottom, but never put the game in a console, it's still "new." There's no logic there whatsoever, it's totally arbitrary.

And that's besides the fact that many employees have been known to take games home and play them and bring them back and sell them as new. They're so dumb, they could use paper printouts of the front and back of the box arts to put it on their shelves, they never needed to gut games in the first place.

I know you say it's just one bad apple, but this kind of stuff is prolific on secondhand marketplaces. At this point, if a detail isn't included I just assume the worst and move on from the listing (i.e. if they use a stock picture and don't specify otherwise, I assume I'd just get the disc in some off-brand case).

One of the most obnoxious examples I've seen recently is someone lining up glare with the rating in the bottom corner of a game case to hide that the rating wasn't ESRB/NA because the PAL version was worth less. These kinds of people are absolutely doing it on purpose.

On one hand, eBay's buyer protections are great because they protect the buyers in situations like this. But on the other hand, it enables buyers to be assholes if they want to - for example, I once had someone demand a full refund because of a tear in plastic wrap (that was pictured and noted in the item description).
I haven't sold on ebay in a while, but if I get a message from a buyer asking an OCD collecting esque question, I immediately block them from buying from me. I've had a few bad experiences in the past with buyers complaining about nonsensical things and I just don't feel like dealing with it returns because under a microscope there was a hole the size of an electron in the upper right corner of the shrink wrap.

I sold an amiibo to a buyer who kept asking questions before he bought it. Then when he bought it he told me to ship it in a big box, because he doesn't want it to get crushed in case the box is damaged, so I did. Then, when he got it, I got a message that said the amiibo slid around in the box too much because the box was "too big" apparently it wasn't "Goldilocks enough" for him, and the upper left corner was a little nicked and he wanted $15 off. Or he's going to file a SNAD.

Anyone else getting their Play Asia switch games with a horizontal slash on shrink wrap & maybe even the game case. This is on the side where case opens

Third consecutive time it happened for me

Anyone else getting their Play Asia switch games with a horizontal slash on shrink wrap & maybe even the game case. This is on the side where case opens

Third consecutive time it happened for me
The spine slash? It's usually a thing in steelbook collecting, but I don't usually hear about it on Switch games.

do u know the sellers name so i can block and avoid buying from him?

do u know the sellers name so i can block and avoid buying from him?
I just went back and looked and it says deleted so likely they got banned. It was weird because they didn't have a TON of feedback but definitely some and all of it was good. They likely screwed some other people over too if they were banned. Hopefully they didn't just make a new account.

I just went back and looked and it says deleted so likely they got banned. It was weird because they didn't have a TON of feedback but definitely some and all of it was good. They likely screwed some other people over too if they were banned. Hopefully they didn't just make a new account.
That’s a crazy experience, glad to hear it worked out well for you and bad for them.

Not sure if any eBay experts can chime in on this, I’m not too knowledgeable. I opened the return request I mentioned as “wrong item sent”, it already got past the week of bickering I had to allow before I could ask eBay to step in. What’s weird though, at like 5 AM the first day possible, it appears he initiated the request for them to step in, which it seems they decided in my favor within 5 minutes. I just got an email saying he opened a case, filled with a wall of text of his “arguments”, then 5 minutes later another email from eBay saying to return the item for a refund. I’m not sure if he was trying to pull something weird with that, being the one to escalate the case, and it backfired? I have a shipping label to print, that’s not going to be at my expense, right?

That’s a crazy experience, glad to hear it worked out well for you and bad for them.

Not sure if any eBay experts can chime in on this, I’m not too knowledgeable. I opened the return request I mentioned as “wrong item sent”, it already got past the week of bickering I had to allow before I could ask eBay to step in. What’s weird though, at like 5 AM the first day possible, it appears he initiated the request for them to step in, which it seems they decided in my favor within 5 minutes. I just got an email saying he opened a case, filled with a wall of text of his “arguments”, then 5 minutes later another email from eBay saying to return the item for a refund. I’m not sure if he was trying to pull something weird with that, being the one to escalate the case, and it backfired? I have a shipping label to print, that’s not going to be at my expense, right?
That's pretty standard in my few return experiences- sellers basically ignore me but then escalate it immediately to eBay when the option becomes available, and to date, I have not had a single case decided against me.

And correct, return label is paid for by eBay.

Given how things have been going, I'd make sure to take good pictures of the item being packed up and of the return label, etc. Guessing the seller is gonna try to pull something once the return is received.

I just got an email saying he opened a case, filled with a wall of text of his “arguments”, then 5 minutes later another email from eBay saying to return the item for a refund. I’m not sure if he was trying to pull something weird with that, being the one to escalate the case, and it backfired? I have a shipping label to print, that’s not going to be at my expense, right?
I don't blame the seller for escalating the case if it's clear that no agreement was going to be reached. But yes, ebay will almost always side with the buyer unless fraudulent activity can be proven on the buyer's end. It's really just a business decision, to keep as much traffic on the site as they can.

And correct, return label is paid for by eBay.
They charge the seller all shipping costs both ways. Had to eat that during my last/final ebay selling experience.

I haven't sold on ebay in a while, but if I get a message from a buyer asking an OCD collecting esque question, I immediately block them from buying from me. I've had a few bad experiences in the past with buyers complaining about nonsensical things and I just don't feel like dealing with it returns because under a microscope there was a hole the size of an electron in the upper right corner of the shrink wrap.

I sold an amiibo to a buyer who kept asking questions before he bought it. Then when he bought it he told me to ship it in a big box, because he doesn't want it to get crushed in case the box is damaged, so I did. Then, when he got it, I got a message that said the amiibo slid around in the box too much because the box was "too big" apparently it wasn't "Goldilocks enough" for him, and the upper left corner was a little nicked and he wanted $15 off. Or he's going to file a SNAD.
Heh, I can totally see this. I sent a message to a seller (clearly a local game shop somewhere in SoCal but resaleing for tidy profit on eBay) just asking if any of the dozen plus copies of a sealed recently out of print switch game were free of tears since I wanted it for collecting. Blocked without a message. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Another person (just one copy) replied back saying there was a small tear and we both saved time since I didn't purchase it from him and get surprised later because we didn't effectively communicate. Gotta have realistic expectations as a seller or be willing to pay the premium.

That said, anyone one who wants Amiibo safely shipped best just pay for double shipping and packing costs cuz those things don't mail well.

Totally forgot that Phoenix Wright bundle from Amazon JP comes out in a few days, always scares me to look at my card and see a random huge ass charge of something I pre-ordered months ago and totally forgot about.

Also whenever I ship something on eBay (Especially something expensive or collectors), i pad the absolute living hell out of it. I've only ever had one complaint out of like 100+ sales and it was something that was technically my fault so I took a bit off. I did have some lady who tried to SNAD me because the postal service (During COVID last year) took too long to deliver the item even though my tracking receipt showed everything was fine from my end.

I have dealt with some shady/shitty sellers before that I've had to threaten with SNAD's or such (Like one who waited 5+ days to ship a Priority Mail item, then shipping it without tracking from across the border and then going unresponsive to messages)

Heh, I can totally see this. I sent a message to a seller (clearly a local game shop somewhere in SoCal but resaleing for tidy profit on eBay) just asking if any of the dozen plus copies of a sealed recently out of print switch game were free of tears since I wanted it for collecting. Blocked without a message. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Another person (just one copy) replied back saying there was a small tear and we both saved time since I didn't purchase it from him and get surprised later because we didn't effectively communicate. Gotta have realistic expectations as a seller or be willing to pay the premium.

That said, anyone one who wants Amiibo safely shipped best just pay for double shipping and packing costs cuz those things don't mail well.
I'm not even talking about stuff like tears. I've had buyers ask me to smell games to see if they have any odd odors. Or check the back of the box art to see if there are any words mispelled(guess some games very very rarely have misprinted words or something?). Once I get a message like that I'm out.

I don't mind if someone asks for tears in the wrapping, as long as they're big tears. There may be a microscopic hole in a corner that is hard to spot, and going nuts over that I'd take issue with.

I'm not even talking about stuff like tears. I've had buyers ask me to smell games to see if they have any odd odors. Or check the back of the box art to see if there are any words mispelled(guess some games very very rarely have misprinted words or something?). Once I get a message like that I'm out.

I don't mind if someone asks for tears in the wrapping, as long as they're big tears. There may be a microscopic hole in a corner that is hard to spot, and going nuts over that I'd take issue with.
Lol... I'm guessing this is the BOTW misprint? That's a pretty big one nowadays since it's worth a few k after it's graded. The buyer is probably looking for sellers who don't know what they have. There's also the FFVII masterpiece misprint but that one is not nearly as valuable compared to a regular one and is not even the first print.

Have people actually paid that much for the BOTW misprint though? Saw a $10k listing but haven’t paid attention to what people are really willing to pay

i get some buyers asking stupid questions.

"is it still available for purchase?"... it's still up there, what do u think.

selling for something like $400. "can u sell it to me for $250?"

took pics of the game case all around and put in description no damages or rips on plastic seal. "is the case broken?"

another buyer asking if there is any damages. I said no. buyer doesnt buy.

Have people actually paid that much for the BOTW misprint though? Saw a $10k listing but haven’t paid attention to what people are really willing to pay
Here's one from a while ago for $2400: https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Wii-U-WATA-9-8-A-Sealed-Error-Print-/184815262714?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l44720.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Probably goes for even more now. I'm surprised there are none on heritage, this type of game would do really well there.

took pics of the game case all around and put in description no damages or rips on plastic seal. "is the case broken?"

Funny, I get very similar questions... I honestly think some people use eBay just to chat, and don't want to buy anything.

Here's one from a while ago for $2400: https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Wii-U-WATA-9-8-A-Sealed-Error-Print-/184815262714?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l44720.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Probably goes for even more now. I'm surprised there are none on heritage, this type of game would do really well there.
That's a graded copy, in near mint condition. Ungraded copies get way less but still get a few hundred it seems. I never knew this was a thing though; I have a copy of the game but no clue if it's the misprint version. Gotta check after seeing this.

Exactly this. 90% of people that ask questions aren't worth even a sliver of consideration and you can tell almost instantly based upon the thoughtlessness of their message. They usually want special attention or think that this is some sort of upscale, personalized boutique that's supposed to cater to their whims. Lots of sick people out there.

I even answer messages sometimes just to see if one person will prove me wrong and buy the item, but they never do. If you answer a question it always leads to more stupid questions, or them telling you your business.

There are people who know how to write a simple business memo and then there's everyone else.

I don't sell on eBay much anymore, but the last batch of stuff I sold, every message I got was some kind of lowball offer. I can tolerate reasonable questions about condition, but if you're going to send me a message offering $40 for something that's listed at $100 (legitimate message I got) when the "Best Offer" function isn't enabled on the item, I'm 100% going to block you without a second thought.

Any time there's been a concern with the condition it's always been after they receive it, and I'm never quite sure if they just didn't look at my listing or think that the effort involved in a return is going to make me acquiesce to whatever they're asking for. I'd like to believe the former and that it's an honest mistake, but the better option is just to not sell on eBay at all at this point.

Funny, I get very similar questions... I honestly think some people use eBay just to chat, and don't want to buy anything.

That's a graded copy, in near mint condition. Ungraded copies get way less but still get a few hundred it seems. I never knew this was a thing though; I have a copy of the game but no clue if it's the misprint version. Gotta check after seeing this.
Yeah I mean graded of course, who would sell these without grading them first? You might get a quarter of the price if you're lucky :rofl:

Yeah that's an unacceptable level of pain in the ass. Also sounds like a lot of buyers aren't reading the description and just shooting off questions

1xl61r0qjf661.png

The only annoying people I've run into selling on ebay are ones that get mad that it costs so much to ship a big box across the country.  They tell me how to put in dimensions and weight like I didn't already have that setup. Even when I put in the description that ebay calculates the shipping based on the size of the box and how far away they are.  They also don't send a message until there is an hour left in the bidding. 

bread's done
Back