2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the Dangan CE is supposed to be limited is it?

I cancelled my preordered assuming I'd just get it discounted mid 2022.
It's a one time print for the CE. They confirmed this in during the launch stream. Gamestop is the only one with stock. It'll probably get discounted mid 2022 for the standard one I'd assume.

It's a one time print for the CE. They confirmed this in during the launch stream. Gamestop is the only one with stock. It'll probably get discounted mid 2022 for the standard one I'd assume.
I mean, aren't most CEs single print anyway? Hell, most niche games these days are single print.

And I continue to wait... as other people talk about having received theirs and Tar-sorry we have to cancel your order-get has it as preparing to ship.

GameStop sold out on CE now & even standard copies seems to be out of stock everywhere. Wondering if this will change in upcoming weeks or this was really a very limited print

My FFXIV Endwalker CE shipped. This seems to be in short supply. Selling for a ton on ebay and was delisted from the SE Store shortly after it sold out. And it doesn't even come with the game. I changed my mind on wanting this after I was already charged for it, so I'm still debating on if I'm going to keep or sell.

GameStop sold out on CE now & even standard copies seems to be out of stock everywhere. Wondering if this will change in upcoming weeks or this was really a very limited print
They hinted they might reprint the normal, but there's no confirmation. From previous Spike-Chunsoft games, it might get reprinted once and that usually about it. This is a somewhat popular niche title so I'd assume they'd print, but I don't think for a little bit after now.

I actually forgot to pre-order my copy from Amazon with a $10 promo credit, but I called up some GameStops and they had one extra in stock that didn't show up online or even on other store's inventory checking so you need to really call all of them and confirm no extra.

I don't think this was the norm, but I noticed recently that Best Buy has started charging me and moving the status of my orders to "Ready for packaging" way earlier than they did before. I got charged and was unable to cancel an order almost 2 weeks before it's supposed to ship.

Which is weird, because Best Buy would always send notice emails a week before for pre-orders to remind you to check your payment and make sure it's accurate.

Not sure if this will be the new standard, but if it is, for those who like to pre-order at a lot of different retailers to ensure you have a copy, and then cancel last minute, might need a change of plans when it comes to Best Buy.

I don't think this was the norm, but I noticed recently that Best Buy has started charging me and moving the status of my orders to "Ready for packaging" way earlier than they did before. I got charged and was unable to cancel an order almost 2 weeks before it's supposed to ship.

Which is weird, because Best Buy would always send notice emails a week before for pre-orders to remind you to check your payment and make sure it's accurate.

Not sure if this will be the new standard, but if it is, for those who like to pre-order at a lot of different retailers to ensure you have a copy, and then cancel last minute, might need a change of plans when it comes to Best Buy.
They just did that with halo to me. Charged over a week ago and it still says will ship 12/8 meaning it might be here 2 days after release. Plus they've been using usps. Ordered something last Monday, delivery was supposed to be Friday, usps has no clue where it is now. Bestbuy said they won't do anything but gave me 10% back and said keep waiting.

God damnit, some fucking retard at Walmart shipped me the normal version of Guardians of the Galaxy without the steelbook. And now they are completely sold out of the steelbook! God fucking damnit, fuck them.

God damnit, some fucking retard at Walmart shipped me the normal version of Guardians of the Galaxy without the steelbook. And now they are completely sold out of the steelbook! God fucking damnit, fuck them.
Do you mean the Deluxe Edition or the standard + exclusive steelbook?

If it's the latter, apparently they stopped shipping the bonus steelbook after launch.

Yeah. I didn’t get the bonus Steelbook with my order either. It was supposed to be a replacement since the first one was completely mangled.

My FFXIV Endwalker CE shipped. This seems to be in short supply. Selling for a ton on ebay and was delisted from the SE Store shortly after it sold out. And it doesn't even come with the game. I changed my mind on wanting this after I was already charged for it, so I'm still debating on if I'm going to keep or sell.
That's cool. Do you want to sell it to me for cost + shipping?

Looks like Amazon is offering free returns of the item (for any reason) so I ordered from them as a backup in case Target doesnt come through.

Thanks for the heads up. Went ahead and placed an order at Amazon, hoping for the best since it's a metal case and I ordered other things along with it. Not the best value considering what it comes with but I adored the trilogy on Vita. 

I'm a bit late to the ESO Greymoor CE train, but the statue is nice and the steelbook and coins are pretty awesome.

I'm a bit late to the ESO Greymoor CE train, but the statue is nice and the steelbook and coins are pretty awesome.
Was there a restock or something? I ordered PS4 from Best Buy but was sent the Xbox one instead . Since it was sold out they couldn’t replace it so I just kept the Xbox version instead so I can at least a CE of it even though the rest are PS4

Was there a restock or something? I ordered PS4 from Best Buy but was sent the Xbox one instead . Since it was sold out they couldn’t replace it so I just kept the Xbox version instead so I can at least a CE of it even though the rest are PS4
No a friend had an extra copy he was selling for cheap so I jumped on it.

Got my Halo Infinite with steelbook from Best Buy. I can't remember, but I believe it's the same steelbook as the "Steelbook edition."

I actually prefer it from Best Buy because I can keep the steelbook sealed and use the original game case.

What are you talking about? I can add the game to cart in the app just fine, no wait list

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
The warning shows up during checkout:

gmgf95k.png

It shows up in my order history after purchasing, so no clue if it's actually waitlisted. First time I've seen something like this from BestBuy.

Bamco online store migration is now in progress, if you haven't spent your loyalty points past few weeks, don't expect to see them again when new store launched.

103e2dacbcd6e2abe1a6763232b32ddc.jpg

Ik in certain cases the steelbooks are very limited IE. ( RESIDENT EVIL 2) to name one… bt don’t shoot the messenger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just seems weird Bestbuy telling you the game is limited, meanwhile Tothoro getting limited message on the steelbook, while I didn't get any limited message on either the game or steelbook.

Just seems weird Bestbuy telling you the game is limited, meanwhile Tothoro getting limited message on the steelbook, while I didn't get any limited message on either the game or steelbook.

Just to clarify - I got the message during checkout. Now that I've placed the order, it's showing in my order history like any other pre-order, just like your screenshot.

Maybe a FOMO tactic, maybe a site glitch, definitely weird either way.

5c93dcf4d84ca538029ee48360092486.jpg

Just happened to check and no longer a steel book for the preorder bonus on the Best Buy page even when added to cart now

5c93dcf4d84ca538029ee48360092486.jpg

Just happened to check and no longer a steel book for the preorder bonus on the Best Buy page even when added to cart now

Yea same, but it still has the display image saying you get it. So I’m screen shutting everything and will get a discount later if no steelbook.

Has anyone who ordered the Danganronpa CE from Target actually received it? Mine is in some weird shipping limbo with an estimated date of January now...

Has anyone who ordered the Danganronpa CE from Target actually received it? Mine is in some weird shipping limbo with an estimated date of January now...
I would highly recommend getting it elsewhere if you can. Both Amazon & GameStop had restocks & may get them again. Any order delayed to this extent by Target will most likely get cancelled

Mine actually did come in and surprisingly, in a box (after so many CE shipped in a bubble mailers from them). I had a backup order from Amazon but I was able to cancel that one before it was delivered.

Super bizarre but I ended up getting it today actually. In a box in great condition. I checked the order page right before I made that post and it said it wasn't going to be delivered until Jan 6th and that it had not moved at all from the initial warehouse. Then I get home and it's outside my door. Pleasant surprise.

Not a CE, but the Ciri Before the Clash statue just shipped from the CDPR store.  I'm excited!  Ronin Geralt is alone in my display.

bread's done
Back