2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm never buying a Far Cry or Assassin's Creed on release ever again.
AAA games are wait 6 months for 1/2 price always, unless you're going for collector's..and even then, nowadays, I would still wait 6 months on those.

I only buy niche JRPGs that I feel the devs need support on launch, or things that I think are going to be rare nowadays.

I never really take out the sleeves from my steelbooks so I prefer the ultimate edition of far cry and the steelbook ain’t bad at all. Just wish it wasn’t a chicken and showed the characters instead but I prefer the ultimate overall

February is 2022's Broketober. Have Horizon Regalia(which doesn't even come with a physical copy) so I ordered a separate disc version. Have Elden Ring CE. Have Monark from NISA. Saint's Row Gamestop exclusive edition(might cancel that). Dying Light 2. And a figure set from BBTS.

It's going to crush me. Might need to make some cuts.

Edit: nevermind Saint's Row got pushed back.

February is 2022's Broketober. Have Horizon Regalia(which doesn't even come with a physical copy) so I ordered a separate disc version. Have Elden Ring CE. Have Monark from NISA. Saint's Row Gamestop exclusive edition(might cancel that). Dying Light 2. And a figure set from BBTS.

If you're taking suggestions, I recommend cutting Dying Light 2. Call it a hunch, but something tells me that will either go on sale relatively quickly or require 1-2 patches after release.

I have Horizon and Elden Ring both on PS5 and honestly just kind of want to cancel both because I don't have a PS5 but I know the FOMO won't let me. I am kinda torn on Monark CE but will likely cancel it. I also have the PAL Triangle Strategy CE but that I'm keeping.

I have Horizon and Elden Ring both on PS5 and honestly just kind of want to cancel both because I don't have a PS5 but I know the FOMO won't let me. I am kinda torn on Monark CE but will likely cancel it. I also have the PAL Triangle Strategy CE but that I'm keeping.
The Horizon CE comes with digital codes for both PS4 and PS5, so you're covered either way.

The Horizon CE comes with digital codes for both PS4 and PS5, so you're covered either way.
I might be wrong but I don't think there's been any running footage of the game on the PS4. I even googled it just now and all I found were some screenshots, which... look great but (as the article points out) appear to cutscene screenshots at that. There's also no saying how the game will run on the PS4 (I'm sure it'll be 30 fps but I can't see it matching 1080p resolution of HZD given how much richer the worlds look). And honestly, I'm not gonna kid myself- the PS4 is 8 years old and while I'm sure the PS4 version will be impressive for what it is on 8 year old hardware, they are clearly making this game with the PS5 in mind.

I might be wrong but I don't think there's been any running footage of the game on the PS4. I even googled it just now and all I found were some screenshots, which... look great but (as the article points out) appear to cutscene screenshots at that. There's also no saying how the game will run on the PS4 (I'm sure it'll be 30 fps but I can't see it matching 1080p resolution of HZD given how much richer the worlds look). And honestly, I'm not gonna kid myself- the PS4 is 8 years old and while I'm sure the PS4 version will be impressive for what it is on 8 year old hardware, they are clearly making this game with the PS5 in mind.
I fully admit I'm being elitest, but I was really disappointed when they announced Horizon FW and GoW Ragnarok were going to be cross gen as I knew that was going to hold the games back somewhat in terms of performance, graphics, and scale. Hopefully it's not going to be a Cyberpunk situation.

Well shit, I didn't even realize that the Horizon CEs dont come with a physical copy.  I preordered both cause my wife collects anything Horizon related, and we both hate digital only.   Guess I'll buy a physical and sell the codes to offset that.

I fully admit I'm being elitest, but I was really disappointed when they announced Horizon FW and GoW Ragnarok were going to be cross gen as I knew that was going to hold the games back somewhat in terms of performance, graphics, and scale. Hopefully it's not going to be a Cyberpunk situation.
I dont kniw why people still think like this... is the PC version of GoW nerfed because ut supports older GPUs?

I dont kniw why people still think like this... is the PC version of GoW nerfed because ut supports older GPUs?
I think it's something you expect with PC games though...PC games have to scale well across various types of hardware. With consoles, I don't think console developers have historically had to deal with it all that often outside of when a new generation is coming.

And I guess to your point, it's a valid point regardless- it's not a bad thing to support more hardware and plus, they should get the sales where they can. I guess I feel more confident about them making a game cross platform given how amazing HZD was on the PS4.

Well shit, I didn't even realize that the Horizon CEs dont come with a physical copy. I preordered both cause my wife collects anything Horizon related, and we both hate digital only. Guess I'll buy a physical and sell the codes to offset that.
I vaguely recall that awhile ago they announced they were going to include a physical disc and an upgrade code for ps5 after the backlash from the digital code only.

These games are all developed on PCs then scaled for consoles
Right, but developer time and resources are limited. Optimizing a game to run best on just one set of hardware, pushing its specific limitations, will always be better with just one set of hardware. PC users refine their own settings to make a game run best, with consoles, developers do it for you. Their ambitions for a game may also be restrained by the lowest mass market hardware it needs to run on. Want an epic screen filling boss with tons of effects? How about how many enemies to allow on screen at the same time? It’s easier to keep the lowest common denominator in mind when planning how big you want to go with that, and it’s what most developers do. Yes, complaining about this is a lost cause, AAA developers that this mostly pertains to will do what is projected to make them the most money. And console hardware has gotten good enough that you probably don’t have to optimize or push it to the limits to make a game that looks good enough to stand out anymore. Its part of the old console cycle that a system usually gets a few first party marquee games to show how amazing things can look and how far it can be pushed, I think it’s ok and natural to be a little disappointed when there are business decisions possibly holding that back. That mentality probably has changed a bit though, with the introduction of mid gen console upgrades and even the lowest tier gaming consoles being able to support good looking 1080p games, which is good enough for most.

In summary, I think both are right, and I know it would be a bad business decision, but I’m in the disappointed camp. Sony’s and most other big developers marquee titles appeal to me much less than they used to though, so not that down about it. I found horizon to be just an amazing looking Ubisoft game personally, and I’ve played enough 3rd person, rpg lite, open world / semi open world / corridor shooter dad bro games for awhile.

I vaguely recall that awhile ago they announced they were going to include a physical disc and an upgrade code for ps5 after the backlash from the digital code only.
I don't remember this but would be great if true. I think I remember something about the free PS4 to PS5 upgrade but honesty can't say for sure.

What does everyone typically do when there is a digital game you haven’t bought yet, but has a physical or limited copy coming out? Do you buy digital and keep the physical sealed? Do you buy just physical and open it? Or buy two physical and open one?

I buy the physical, and play that, unless the digital one is on sale for a large discount (50-75%+) by the time I get to it.

I have an opened copy of every Etrian Odyssey, for example.

i buy 2 copies and i only get digital if the disparity is huge and its not a something i care too much for

like im not paying $250 for ikaruga when its $10 on eshop

i dont buy too many limited run or collectors editions though

What does everyone typically do when there is a digital game you haven’t bought yet, but has a physical or limited copy coming out? Do you buy digital and keep the physical sealed? Do you buy just physical and open it? Or buy two physical and open one?
If it's truly a limited print game, I buy the physical and put it into my backlog. Inevitably, years later when I finally get to it I'll check eBay, realize my sealed copy has increased in value, then end up just buying it digitally. It's a vicious cycle.

Anyone considering the ELEX 2 CE from Gamestop? On the one hand … I want it … on the other hand, I know the original game’s CE was clearanced at a deep discount. But this one does look cool … really tempted to bite. Hopefully it won’t be too late to wait until there’s an unboxing video.

Anyone considering the ELEX 2 CE from Gamestop? On the one hand … I want it … on the other hand, I know the original game’s CE was clearanced at a deep discount. But this one does look cool … really tempted to bite. Hopefully it won’t be too late to wait until there’s an unboxing video.
Is it exclusive? It didn't seem like it would be based on the announcement trailer last year. I also notice Gamestop hasn't put up a PS5 version yet.

Its funny how this thread is the opposite of a CAG...
When I first discovered CAG, a lot of the CE's on discount was actually posted here quite often, it was great.

For the last few years though, resellers, collectors, and people with FOMO all buy everything they can get their hands on whether they have interest in it or not, in order to capitalize on it later.

It doesn't help that other resources for finding deals are more immediate and go quick. For example I grabbed the destroy all humans CE for cheap bc it was posted on twitter

I'm loathe to pay full price, but I think I'd do it for Elden Ring if it comes back in stock.

Not sure if it's better to ask this here or elsewhere, but did anyone else order the Diamond or Pearl games with the bonus poster and figurines from shop4megastore? I received both games a while back with the posters, but there's no sign of the figurine. I contacted them and they told me there's been delay issues with the figurines but I'm seeing plenty of people already got them a while ago. 

Really can't decide if I should keep or cancel the Regalla preorder I snagged. Wish there was already an unboxing to see if it's cool enough that I'd regret cancelling..

Do people still use this forum for videogame deals? Even the owner of gave up on trying to provide a good user experience years ago lol (I’ve never checked until now but I’m guessing this site probably hasn’t had a homepage for years) and just pays the server bills to earn gradually dimishing passive affiliate income. I used this site for actual deals from 2009 to maybe 2015 and then SD provided a way more timely and better user interface to see deals. This thread is the only thing of value on the site for me because people actually post comparatively rare items, i.e. CEs.

bread's done
Back