2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like everybody's Best Buy Horizon Special Edition including mine is shipping tomorrow, sucks.

Anyone else order the Regalla Edition from Amazon and have theirs ship yet? Mine says get it by 10pm tomorrow but hasn't shipped yet. A quick twitter search showed many saying Saturday or as late as March 1st.

I own the first CE of Horizon. Loved the game 5 years ago, platinumed it of course. Story blew me away back then. I would have totally bought the new CE or even regalia version this time… if it came with the game! It’s flipping insulting to spend $200+ to not give the game disc with the set. And the most blatant part is including the empty case just to stare at. 

I pre-ordered the Special Edition of Horizon from Target.  Just got an email my estimated delivery date has changed to March 4th.  Anyone else order it from there?  I'm very disappointed to say the least.

I pre-ordered the Special Edition of Horizon from Target. Just got an email my estimated delivery date has changed to March 4th. Anyone else order it from there? I'm very disappointed to say the least.
I received mine yesterday from Target. Ended up getting it for $34.97 with 40% off coupon (no longer available) and a promo from awhile back (spend x amount at Target, get $15.00 a future purchase).

I pre-ordered the Special Edition of Horizon from Target. Just got an email my estimated delivery date has changed to March 4th. Anyone else order it from there? I'm very disappointed to say the least.
Same here lol. Probably my last time pre ordering from Target. SMTV arrived literally 1 month after release date. I’ll probably go to BB later and buy a copy

Well shit, my Regalla Ed isn't coming today (thanks FedEx) and also looks like my Special Edition is "awaiting availability". 

I got the same email this morning. Most likely will be my last pre-order from Target since the previous experiences have been the same... :shame:

Yep, I got that email, too. I never pre-order with Target since they don't get me games at release and they have this tendency to preauthorize my card for the amount like every other week until the game comes out, but I had that 40% off video games Circle coupon from a while back and couldn't resist. I got this for my husband and thankfully, he's going to be way too busy with Total War Warhammer III for the next several weeks, but I'm still pissed that Target did this. I still have one more pre-order left from that coupon (the Storybook Edition of a niche little thing called The Cruel King and the Great Hero), so once that's out, I can wash my hands of Target's BS.

anyone thinks the special edition horizon west for ps5 will be sold out at gamestop without preorder? i have preordered at bestbuy but rather get at gamestop to use giftcards
Maybe. I did not preorder, but checked with two nearby stores. One was completely out of stock and their entire allotment was for preorders only. The other store did have one PS5 special edition in stock that was available, so I snagged it.

Got my Regalla Edition from Best Buy today surprisingly, but didn't get my Special Edition from them. It didn't even ship yet.

The RE is pretty big. Came in a manufacturer's box with no extra box.

I'm a little surprised the Horizon Forbidden West Regalia edition is so sold out while the Collector's appears widely available. Think it's just demand or supply issue also?

Obviously stupid neither one comes with a disc, but the fact that the statues are different is pretty odd unless they figured the truly insane would get both to have the whole "set"?

EDIT:
Shadow, how was the packing (manufacture's alone)/condition?

I'm a little surprised the Horizon Forbidden West Regalia edition is so sold out while the Collector's appears widely available. Think it's just demand or supply issue also?

Obviously stupid neither one comes with a disc, but the fact that the statues are different is pretty odd unless they figured the truly insane would get both to have the whole "set"?

EDIT:
Shadow, how was the packing (manufacture's alone)/condition?
Last of Us 2 did the same thing. They make too many of the CE and the one for $60 extra gets all the FOMO.

Last of Us 2 did the same thing. They make too many of the CE and the one for $60 extra gets all the FOMO.

Sorry I don't remember this whole debacle. So the expensive CE was over produced and the $60 launch edition is more rare now? Or do I have that totally backwards and SEI didn't properly anticipate demand and made larger quantities of the wrong special edition?

Anyone pre-order the King of Fighters Omega and have no movement on it from Gamestop?

I preordered right when it went up and have pretty busy lately and just realized the game released 4 days ago. My order says "awaiting product availability" - not sure If I need to worry bout it or not

so this Regalla edition is one of those ehhh really shouldn't have bought,   but the Tremortusk is pretty slick unboxed in front of the art panel.  I dig it.  

Umm..,I guess I am truly insane & some more. I bought Regalla, CE & Special edition. Though I did get about 20% off on CE & SE through coupons & Amex offers, but I still plead insanity

Umm..,I guess I am truly insane & some more. I bought Regalla, CE & Special edition. Though I did get about 20% off on CE & SE through coupons & Amex offers, but I still plead insanity
Interesting. Are you planning on opening any one in particular and I assume you got the CE separately for the different statue? Didn't know if many people would go for the full set vs having a second Regalia (again, obviously not talking normal people) since the cost was relatively similar.

Both my dying light DE ps5 and Horizon SE PS5 backordered to March. Thank god there’s GameStop’s G2L so I could at least play them for a bit. Damn it target it’s been happening recently now starting with Kena bridge of spirits

Interesting. Are you planning on opening any one in particular and I assume you got the CE separately for the different statue? Didn't know if many people would go for the full set vs having a second Regalia (again, obviously not talking normal people) since the cost was relatively similar.
Going to open special edition first to play. May trade the disk after beating it. I dig the statue in CE & extras in Regalla. Am glad the statues are different, because double dipping just for extras would have been overkill

Anyone pre-order the King of Fighters Omega and have no movement on it from Gamestop?

I preordered right when it went up and have pretty busy lately and just realized the game released 4 days ago. My order says "awaiting product availability" - not sure If I need to worry bout it or not
I preordered it like a month ago. Mine just got picked up this AM from Indiana. Another FedEx package that's got a stupid delivery date (today) even though it's nowhere near me).

Does anyone know if Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga Deluxe has been available for pre order? Every console edition says coming soon.
I was about to order it a few weeks ago but it changed to coming soon after refreshing my tab and hasn't come back since.

Sorry I don't remember this whole debacle. So the expensive CE was over produced and the $60 launch edition is more rare now? Or do I have that totally backwards and SEI didn't properly anticipate demand and made larger quantities of the wrong special edition?
The Ellie edition was $60 more than the CE I mean.

Sorry to hear how many have delays for Horizon. Target actually got my Collector's Edition delivered to me on Wednesday. The only instance I've got a game I really want to play arrive 2 days early, and it doesn't even include discs to play. Tried the voucher codes hoping I could at least get the game preloaded, and nope, codes weren't active yet. Midnight EST on release date and I try the codes again, and they still don't work. A night of sleep and the codes finally activated for me Friday morning.

Like someone posted earlier, Target packaged the CE inside of another box with bubbles. PlayStation Direct Regalla Edition arrived on Friday, but only with its original cardboard box.

I imagine everyone is shipping regalia in it's original shipping box because it's so big. Gonna be a lot of fuck ed up corners

I imagine everyone is shipping regalia in it's original shipping box because it's so big. Gonna be a lot of fuck ed up corners
Mine just arrived from Gamestop (unusually morning delivery, they usually deliver to us later) and the exterior box looks fine but since it was put in the ground of our vestibule, which is normal, the bottom of the box got wet from all the melted snow that gets tracked into the area... I haven't opened it yet but not expecting anything good out of this.

Also odd my KoF 15 Omega Ed wasn't delivered with FW Regalla... it's out of delivery still but odd they'd have two separate delivery trucks go to the same area.

Order I had for Regalla Edition was shipped but still says label created waiting for FedEx. Was supposed to be delivered today. Hope it doesn’t get messed up

Mine just arrived from Gamestop (unusually morning delivery, they usually deliver to us later) and the exterior box looks fine but since it was put in the ground of our vestibule, which is normal, the bottom of the box got wet from all the melted snow that gets tracked into the area... I haven't opened it yet but not expecting anything good out of this.

Also odd my KoF 15 Omega Ed wasn't delivered with FW Regalla... it's out of delivery still but odd they'd have two separate delivery trucks go to the same area.
It might be fine. The game case box is wrapped in a plastic bag. It was a pain getting the game box out of the shipper box though.

Best Buy estimated delivery Feb. 24th-28th for the SE. Sheesh.

Honestly, if it's going to be that late, I'd rather it comes after March 4th, because it says if it doesn't arrive by then I'll get a refund.

https://youtu.be/tPRnxfSjpOw
Got my CE from Target on release day. Mine was tampered with, but we still did the unboxing.
I fought w Target about replacing the digital codes that were obviously taken out if the box... but they told me to just go buy a physical copy and they'd get back to me about partial refunds next week.
No Way am I giving up this CE... its fucking cool!

https://youtu.be/tPRnxfSjpOw
Got my CE from Target on release day. Mine was tampered with, but we still did the unboxing.
I fought w Target about replacing the digital codes that were obviously taken out if the box... but they told me to just go buy a physical copy and they'd get back to me about partial refunds next week.
No Way am I giving up this CE... its fucking cool!
Hm.. the standard Tremortusk actually looks pretty cool. Wish there was a way to remove the Regalla version's modifications (at least that's how it is in the game I believe) to make it look like a standard Tremortusk.

Also wish I bought the Thunderjaw statue back in the day... UGH. Would have been cool to have these two side by side. Kicking myself for that now.

EDIT* if I had space... that is.

Also wish I bought the Thunderjaw statue back in the day... UGH. Would have been cool to have these two side by side. Kicking myself for that now.

EDIT* if I had space... that is.
I had the Thunderjaw and one of my Targets had 3 on clearance for months. But I ultimately canceled this one too because of the Lego Tallneck, and I'm hoping there'll be Lego versions of more machines.

I had the Thunderjaw and one of my Targets had 3 on clearance for months. But I ultimately canceled this one too because of the Lego Tallneck, and I'm hoping there'll be Lego versions of more machines.
I deeply regret missing out on Thunderjaw while waiting for price to bottom out.

Also, as someone who got this ginormous Regalia edition (incoming), I remain somewhat annoyed that the CE is a different statue and hoping they all sell out before I go do something stupid like buy the CE

attachicon.gif
4DF52324-0D7C-4804-BF1C-F842F8D292A1.jpeg

Got my Horizon CE early from Target. Came in it’s own box & Target used another box with bubbles. I had used 2 coupons on this & was half expecting it to get cancelled. Pleasant surprise!
I had one ordered at ~45% off and just canceled it because they put mine on backorder, which in Target speak is indefinitely canceled. I had smartly also ordered a copy of the SE on the same order with the same discount and that shipped fine. . .until a train derailed and caused a delay apparently. Not that I care mind you, since Elden Ring is this week and I won't be touching HZD for a while. I think thanks to Target consistently fucking up my orders I'm done buying games from them and I'll just return the game when it does arrive and pick it up when it's $20.

I never thought I'd find myself in a position where GameStop has been the absolute most reliable vendor for ordering my games now. Luckily Elden Ring CE is through them, so we'll see how it goes this week.

Had a preorder for the PS5 special edition, one for store pick up, one shipping, as I don't trust them handling steelbooks at all. BOTH orders are delayed.
I usually preorder these games but somehow forgot to. I knew best buy has some stock right after midnight on release day usually and ordered it then. Weird they would ship my order but other's preorders are being delayed.

I usually preorder these games but somehow forgot to. I knew best buy has some stock right after midnight on release day usually and ordered it then. Weird they would ship my order but other's preorders are being delayed.
That’s what I’m hearing is the norm this time. I talked to a CS rep at Best Buy who said they had various calls about preorders not being fulfilled yet I’m reading peoples orders on launch day are being shipped.

bread's done
Back