2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Elden Ring gets points for giving a normal game case and steelbook. Yay!

Anyone get the pre-order code from Best Buy?  Or does that go out when the steelbook ships for some reason?

My GameStop Elden Ring CE has still not shipped. Why are they selling more when they haven't even shipped the already placed orders?

does anyone know if Bestbuy let you exchange steelbook if you received damaged one?  I picked up  my copy of elden ring and steelbook today and didn't realize until I got home that back of the steelbook has small dent in it.  Its still sealed. 

does anyone know if Bestbuy let you exchange steelbook if you received damaged one? I picked up my copy of elden ring and steelbook today and didn't realize until I got home that back of the steelbook has small dent in it. Its still sealed.
It’s worth a try. Back when RE2 remake came out I was shipped a damaged one and brought it into a store and was able to swap it for a different one.

Stores have to have them though. I thought I'd check to see if I could get a game and steel book locally before trying Gamestops based on what I've been reading about people not getting them shipped, and no stores in my area had steelbooks available for local pickup

Stores have to have them though. I thought I'd check to see if I could get a game and steel book locally before trying Gamestops based on what I've been reading about people not getting them shipped, and no stores in my area had steelbooks available for local pickup
both game and steelbook is showing available for pickup at the store.

does anyone know if Bestbuy let you exchange steelbook if you received damaged one? I picked up my copy of elden ring and steelbook today and didn't realize until I got home that back of the steelbook has small dent in it. Its still sealed.
my local best buy stores don't even have the steelbook in stock. mine is being shipped to me.

Anyone know if the physical copy of Elden Ring that comes in the PS4 CE is distinguishable from a regular copy? Thinking about going to buy a standard copy and then returning the one inside the CE since I have no idea when my CE will get here.

I wonder if Best Buy will restock their steel books. I feel like they usually always have them available for a long time afterwards. Side note, why does a free steel book from Best Buy look so much better than what comes with the collectors edition?

My Bandai Namco order of PS5 Elden Ring CE arrived today after the whole cancel and awaiting payment on a new order they did on their own. I never got any communication it shipped, so it was a pleasant surprise when it came today. Now to punish myself on this game. 

I got a shipping notice from GS and was excited thinking it was Elden Ring CE... instead it's some bonus that says "Elden Ring Promo". It was shipped via USPS so I have no clue what it is. 

BB still hasn't shipped my SB yet either. 

Anyone know if the physical copy of Elden Ring that comes in the PS4 CE is distinguishable from a regular copy? Thinking about going to buy a standard copy and then returning the one inside the CE since I have no idea when my CE will get here.
Yes, I asked my friend who had one and he said it’s the exact same as retail copy

I got a shipping notice from GS and was excited thinking it was Elden Ring CE... instead it's some bonus that says "Elden Ring Promo". It was shipped via USPS so I have no clue what it is.

BB still hasn't shipped my SB yet either.
It's the Steed Replica Whistle

[attachment=36709:1.jpg]

For those that completely forgot about Triangle Strategy (and didn't have time to play the demo) but assuming will like because Squaresoft / FF Tactics / 2D-HD... Amazon UK has the Project Triangle Strategy: Special Edition (Nintendo Switch) in stock for preorder again. ~$133 shipped to US. 

v5cLybY.png

My ER CE I just ordered this morning thanks to the noble young lad who posted the link this morning.  Best Buy standard edition which was supposed to be delivered tomorrow got delayed again...

For those that completely forgot about Triangle Strategy (and didn't have time to play the demo) but assuming will like because Squaresoft / FF Tactics / 2D-HD...
I'd recommend playing the most recent demo. I played through both branches of the prologue to determine if I want to follow through with this import. Sadly, the game won't be close to the standard of quality you mention.

My local Best Buy had several Elden Ring SteelBook cases on hand for $9.99, so I just canceled my in-store pickup of the game and just bought the case from the shelf.

Sorry to hear this for so many people. I received an email saying my PS5 Elden Ring CE shipped and I ordered it yesterday.
Glad to hear yours shipped. Just sucks ones who ordered it when it went up are still waiting for theirs to ship while people who ordered yesterday or this morning are getting shipping notifications.

For those that completely forgot about Triangle Strategy (and didn't have time to play the demo) but assuming will like because Squaresoft / FF Tactics / 2D-HD... Amazon UK has the Project Triangle Strategy: Special Edition (Nintendo Switch) in stock for preorder again. ~$133 shipped to US.
I'd recommend playing the most recent demo. I played through both branches of the prologue to determine if I want to follow through with this import. Sadly, the game won't be close to the standard of quality you mention.
While I also doubt it'll ever touch FFT, I gotta say the demo was pretty good. It's pretty dense because there's a lot of story and gameplay to take in at once, but I'm guessing it's because the actual game will ease you into everything. But I still liked it though. I just HOPE the game progression, characters and story aren't the disjointed/hallow mess from Octopath.

I also love this art-style. Would love to see SE remake some SNES games using graphics like this.

While I also doubt it'll ever touch FFT, I gotta say the demo was pretty good. It's pretty dense because there's a lot of story and gameplay to take in at once, but I'm guessing it's because the actual game will ease you into everything.
I don't think so, because the demo is the beginning of the actual game. Your save carries over.

My local Best Buy had several Elden Ring SteelBook cases on hand for $9.99, so I just canceled my in-store pickup of the game and just bought the case from the shelf.
Lucky! They seem to be sold out completely an any store in my area. Hoping I still manage to get one, didn’t think they’d run out since they never do.

I don't think so, because the demo is the beginning of the actual game. Your save carries over.
Ah shit... welp, maybe it'll be easier to follow when I have more time to enjoy it.

Also, my Elden Ring CE from GS still hasn't shipped and the status has been preparing to ship for like 3 days now even though they noted in my delay email that I'd have it tomorrow. Somehow doubt that.

Feels like deja-vu to my Octopath mindset, and I ended up really liking Octopath and regretting not getting the special edition so figured I'd just pull the trigger now on TS even if I don't actually play it. (most recent example = purchased Metroid Dread SE, still haven't picked it back up since I died on the first EMMI encounter... I hear rookie mode is for me haha)

While I also doubt it'll ever touch FFT, I gotta say the demo was pretty good. It's pretty dense because there's a lot of story and gameplay to take in at once, but I'm guessing it's because the actual game will ease you into everything. But I still liked it though. I just HOPE the game progression, characters and story aren't the disjointed/hallow mess from Octopath.

I also love this art-style. Would love to see SE remake some SNES games using graphics like this.
Yep, I'm shallow and the art style rose tints every gameplay and dialog shortcoming! I just hope CID is in there somewhere with some pimp sword skills!

So I got an order for Elden Ring CE from this morning drop. See on FedEx I have a label created for something GS. Has to be the CE. But real question if it’s my original order or one placed today. If it’s the one from today I’ll be so upset. Also my preorder ring stuck on label created which I’m also mad at because my Horizon FW has been on label created since it came out. GS really is dropping the ball right now on their shipping

Gamestop sent me my whislte, but didn't actually send me the game...check and make sure your package is bigger than a pound. I'm now in a battle over this. Sigh. 3-5 days for investigation

So update the Elden Ring CE I ordered today shipped l, we’ll see what halts tomorrow with my original order. My whistle still hasn’t moved.

What the shit? I've had this preordered for months now and it still hasn't shipped... why do I get the feeling GS is processing orders on a last in, first one order? 

What the shit? I've had this preordered for months now and it still hasn't shipped... why do I get the feeling GS is processing orders on a last in, first one order?
I placed an order Friday and got it today (Xbox version). Not sharing to brag but rather to confirm GS has a screwed up system. But ex-Chewy to the moon Lambo something or other

For those that completely forgot about Triangle Strategy (and didn't have time to play the demo) but assuming will like because Squaresoft / FF Tactics / 2D-HD... Amazon UK has the Project Triangle Strategy: Special Edition (Nintendo Switch) in stock for preorder again. ~$133 shipped to US.

v5cLybY.png
I want to but just way too much overload(I still need to get Castlevania tonight from LRG ugh :( )

I placed an order Friday and got it today (Xbox version). Not sharing to brag but rather to confirm GS has a screwed up system. But ex-Chewy to the moon Lambo something or other
photo-589258.jpeg

*Credit to NotNewHere's avatar for being the best way to express how I feel right now.

I want to but just way too much overload(I still need to get Castlevania tonight from LRG ugh :( )
Yeah, me too... I'd love to have some SotN related CEt but not sure if I want to because they fucked up my Shantae cards. Ordered 10 sets of the Half-Genie and 18 sets of the Pirate's Curse to make sure I get 1 gold card each and they just sent me 10/18 random packs with tons of duplicates. You'd think when someone spends as much money on something, that they could at least get the order right but nope...

bread's done
Back