2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
DHL is insane. I ordered a Unicorn Gundam model from Japan and they got it to me in 3 days, right before Christmas. They're expensive, but they justify their price if you need something fast.
All the major carriers have world wide overnight services. I'm assuming that sometimes, even if your package isn't overnight, they might throw it in overnight shipments simply because it's more efficient to send vs send a semi-empty flight out. E.g., here's a package of mine from Japan via FedEx a few weeks ago that arrived in a day when the seller used an economy service (at least I would think they did, because it was a 4 lb package and shipped free).

[attachment=36766:fedex.PNG]

I'm on the opposite with my Triangle Strategy CE though. Someone gets their package in 2 days vs my Triangle Strategy CE is just going in circles in the UK since Monday.

Yep, Target just delayed Horizon again. Now expected by 3/25. We're at nearly a month after launch here. I may need to just cut my losses and make Target honor the 40% off for a standard edition.

Mine finally arrived from Amazon uk but I hate how they package it makes it easy to steal
You know what I hate? When they ship your $127 package in a brown paper bag.

I'm not kidding. This is literally a brown paper bag with "Amazon" logos. There's NO padding at all. It's literally paper.

[attachment=36771:bag.jpg]

I also don't know but I think my item was opened. The actual CE is just in a generic looking plastic bag but doesn't look like it's sealed.

I'm not kidding. This is literally a brown paper bag with "Amazon" logos. There's NO padding at all. It's literally paper.
attachicon.gif
bag.jpg

I also don't know but I think my item was opened. The actual CE is just in a generic looking plastic bag but doesn't look like it's sealed.
[attachment=36772:16470502209416146462226624296457.jpg]

Idk if they just use cheap packaging or just makes it easy for customs to look inside.but yea I wish both of ours had better packaging

I'm still bitter about Target cancelling my preorder for the Violet Evergarden Limited Edition (an anime Blu-ray) last year, because by the time they finally cancelled my order (after I approved four delays), it was completely sold out and fetching hundreds of dollars on eBay.  On the week of release, the status of my order actually went from "Preordered" to "Preparing to ship" to "Backordered" (how does that happen?).  While I was approving all of the delays, I saw that other people online were receiving their copies from Target.  I chatted with a CSR online, who assured me that it was going to ship.  I ended up just buying the standard edition after they cancelled my preorder.

TL;DR: Target is not always reliable when it comes to preorders for limited items.  Sometimes you get lucky with them, and sometimes you're out of luck if the item really is limited and they oversold it.  At that point, it basically becomes "we'll try to get it for you, but if we can't, we will cancel your order."

bag.jpg

Thats how mine show and and a friend of mine did also. So it jist has to be the way nintendo did it.

:ps4: The Ascent: Cyber Edition $49.99

:xb1: The Ascent: Cyber Edition $49.99

I've been trying to find out if Curve will be publishing a separate PS5 version of this in North America but its been nothing but crickets on their social media channels. This did get listed prior to any PR for the physical so lets hope the PS4 version supports a PS5 upgrade at least...
Eh, just seems like a physical edition with steelbook. For a second I thought they were adding more to the game, but it's just everything already released up to this point.

Hello, everyone! Just popped in to let you guys know that I have an unopened (still in the outer shipping box with the “Do Not Release before…” sticker) HFW Regalla Edition that I don’t want. I bought the Collector’s Edition and am content with it, so you guys let me know if you’re interested. If not, then I’ll probably return it.

Hello, everyone! Just popped in to let you guys know that I have an unopened (still in the outer shipping box with the “Do Not Release before…” sticker) HFW Regalla Edition that I don’t want. I bought the Collector’s Edition and am content with it, so you guys let me know if you’re interested. If not, then I’ll probably return it.

Eh, just seems like a physical edition with steelbook. For a second I thought they were adding more to the game, but it's just everything already released up to this point.
and Artbook

But I do wish it came with some in game bonus' of some sort

Im Pre-Ordering this tho if it shows up at GameStop

I'm still bitter about Target cancelling my preorder for the Violet Evergarden Limited Edition (an anime Blu-ray) last year, because by the time they finally cancelled my order (after I approved four delays), it was completely sold out and fetching hundreds of dollars on eBay. On the week of release, the status of my order actually went from "Preordered" to "Preparing to ship" to "Backordered" (how does that happen?). While I was approving all of the delays, I saw that other people online were receiving their copies from Target. I chatted with a CSR online, who assured me that it was going to ship. I ended up just buying the standard edition after they cancelled my preorder.

TL;DR: Target is not always reliable when it comes to preorders for limited items. Sometimes you get lucky with them, and sometimes you're out of luck if the item really is limited and they oversold it. At that point, it basically becomes "we'll try to get it for you, but if we can't, we will cancel your order."
I feel for you. But that's kinda a bad example. The Violet Evergarden CE was criminally underproduced and it sold out well before its release date. Target would have shipped yours to you except they didn't have any. Everybody ran out. They couldn't fill orders.

That was one of the most notable limited releases from the last couple of years. We are sore about it specifically because it become uber expensive afterwards. If I were you I'd order the Violet Evergarden UK imports from alltheanime. They are region B locked but the sets are really nice and that will alleviate much of your desire. In fact, it looks like the series just sold out from Anime-on-line, so I'd order them right away from alltheanime if I were you. You can always frankenstein the US discs into them later.

They look really nice!

Violet-Evergarden-1.jpg

Target has the collector's edition of Horizon Forbidden West in stock. Gamestop claims to have copies of the special edition, but of course won't let me check out with it. However, if Target got the CE, maybe, just maybe, they're getting more stock of the SE soon...

How did Amazon ship the last Rune Factory Collector's Edition? Think I should get the RF5 Earthmate Edition from Gamestop or BestBuy instead.
The box for the last runefactory was delicate cardboard. Most likely shipped in a mailer it’s not a big box. I’d get it from best buy pickup or delivered from GameStop.

I'm gonna hope the Stranger of Paradise steelbook stays in stock for a minute and cancelled my pre-order.  I've got too much to still play right now and it's not done a good job to looking interesting yet.

Target has the collector's edition of Horizon Forbidden West in stock. Gamestop claims to have copies of the special edition, but of course won't let me check out with it. However, if Target got the CE, maybe, just maybe, they're getting more stock of the SE soon...
The CE was never limited, it never sold out anywhere and was available after launch for quite a while. Regallia and SE were preorder only and even then people got screwed with canceled and unfulfilled orders.

I pre-ordered Scarlet Nexus last year for the free steelbook from Bandai Namco.  USPS tracking today told me I was getting a package with the same tracking number as the game last year.  I got a new copy of the game today. 0.o

Is the trade forum just for that, trading? Last call, just trying to hook up other CAGs here. Have an extra copy of PS5 Horizon Special Edition from best buy, returning tomorrow before my credit card bill is due next week. Went through 100 hoops just to get the darn thing.

The CE was never limited, it never sold out anywhere and was available after launch for quite a while. Regallia and SE were preorder only and even then people got screwed with canceled and unfulfilled orders.
Ah, thanks for the info, didn't know that. I was out today and went to my local Gamestop, figuring why not ask if they can order the PS4 special edition for me, considering my strike-out yesterday. Lo and behold, it went through. So, if that ships, at least I'll have a copy, albeit for full price. Well, it's now a birthday gift for my husband lol thanks for offering that PS5 version on here. We've all been through way too many hoops for this damn game!

Thank you Tyrok. The game looks interesting. Considered preordering for the steelbook though my gut is telling me to stay away, it’ll probably be broken at launch and/or a huge flop. 

Target has 40% off coupon, used it on Sifu and Ascent

Coupon is one time use, no limit on number of games

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Anyone’s Stranger of Paradise steelbook ship yet? My game shipped but no steelbook yet.
Game did. SB did not. I forgot I pre-ordered it and really with all that's come out it may go back and await a price drop.

Also, I cannot emphasize how slow/difficult a simple RMA is with the Bandai Namco store now (Elden Ring CE beat up despite shipping box not being too bad and I had a good copy from BB). There is no PayPal anymore AND they require you to save credit card info. Between that and the slow torture to do something well within their own terms of agreement I will be extremely hard pressed to pre/order anything from them going forward.

Mine only applied to one game in cart so I figured it was limited to one game... Sigh, missed opportunity here.
I’m guessing the other one wasn’t eligible. I found out by seeing a few items showing “1 offer available” in my cart. Very tempted by a bunch of games but I’d rather just pre order right now since I don’t wanna spend. Pre ordered sifu and passed on a great dying light 2 deal ($36). Just wish more games were available for pre order like physical gta v ps5, god of war ragnarok, plague tale requiem, etc

bread's done
Back