2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone think there's a lot of risk to doing these returns to BB for the games with steelbooks?

Like I returned Elden Ring a few weeks ago and now I'll be returning Ghostwire and SOP.

Kinda worried since I know high return rates can result in bannings at other stores (Amazon and Target are two I've heard as the most common) but not sure I've ever heard of it happening at BB.
No. For years now, they usually credit you either $39.99 or $49.99 + tax if you return the game without the steelbook. I also believe they can reauthorize the charge for just the steel.

Why, have you been getting $59.99 credited back to your account, with no additional charges?

No. For years now, they usually credit you either $39.99 or $49.99 + tax if you return the game without the steelbook. I also believe they can reauthorize the charge for just the steel.

Why, have you been getting $59.99 credited back to your account, with no additional charges?
For Elden Ring, I received the full refund even though I only returned the game and haven't seen a subsequent charge for the SB. The only odd thing was, I returned the game 3/5, and didn't get a refund until 3/18 so not sure they were just overwhelmed and said fuck it.

Most of my steelbooks from Best Buy have come in fine. Last one I remember not being so was Cyberpunk 2077 where one of them was dented in.
I’ve tried getting the Elden Ring one 5 times. It arrives smashed every single time. Wish my local store had them available for pickup

I’ve tried getting the Elden Ring one 5 times. It arrives smashed every single time. Wish my local store had them available for pickup
Lol maybe they’re putting the smashed ones back and reshipping the same ones back to customers. Jokes aside hopefully mine arrives in great condition if it even does srrive

For Elden Ring, I received the full refund even though I only returned the game and haven't seen a subsequent charge for the SB. The only odd thing was, I returned the game 3/5, and didn't get a refund until 3/18 so not sure they were just overwhelmed and said fuck it.
That guy wrote about what probably was his sole individual experience as the definitive answer for everything but the reality, as you’ve demonstrated with your example, is that it depends. I’ve made returns by mail quite a few times and I’ve gotten full refunds. Recently, BB actually sent a return without the steelbook back noting that the steelbook was missing. If you return just the game in-store, it’s probably going to come down to the experience of the person at the register but I’ve even had one guy asking to charge $40 for it. I’m sure after multiple years of people returning games without pre-order steelbooks their corporate guys have noticed and changed policies but it’s implemented unevenly.

Play Asia currently has the PS4 and PS5 Collector's Editions of Relayer up to purchase, has English on disc.  CE is currently in their warehouse so it is shipping now.

For $90 it comes with the game, Soundtrack CD, 100 page art book, and a "rare item set DLC" (Most likely need a JP account for this)

PS4: https://www.play-asia.com/relayer-limited-edition-english/13/70eya9
PS5: https://www.play-asia.com/relayer-limited-edition-english/13/70eyal

[attachment=36809:whistle2:697629.1.jpg]

Amazon JP also has the Ender Lilies Collector's Edition on the Switch up for purchase, which is shipping now.  The JP collector's Edition comes with a Soundtrack CD and an art book (Compared to the English CE from Limited Run Games which comes with a Soundtrack CD, pin, and reversible poster). Price after shipping is about $100 for the Amazon JP CE and about $70-$75 for the LRG CE comparitively

The Play-Asia listing of Ender Lilies confirms that there will be English on cartridge (Although they don't have the CE listed oddly enough, just the regular edition)

Amazon JP listing for Switch: https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B09SYW14GN/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=ender+lilies&qid=1648394604&sr=8-1

[attachment=36810:81LxxxPWWHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]

GhostWire likely will sell out fast given how much stores actually got in inventory. I was lucky in getting two as trying to find that Stranger of Paradise one to no luck so if anyone would be able to trade that would be awesome

The physical version of Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition for Switch will be releasing in Asia on April 26, 2022. Pre-orders should be opening soon.

Chrono-Cross-Radical-Dreamers-Switch-physical-656x369.jpg

https://nintendoeverything.com/chrono-cross-getting-physical-release-on-switch-in-asia-with-english-support/

I wonder if the best buy steels will be much more limited and rare going forward. Went to BB today to pick up Ghostwire + steel book and the store had almost no other steel books there. They used to have tons but not a single one out on display today besides this weird mini half steel book for monster hunter iceborne. Ended up picking it up cus it was only $2 but I have no real idea what the hell it actually is or is for.

Regardless didn't see any steel's for Ghostwire, final fantasy or anything. Even behind the register I didn't see any. kinda weird. was hoping to find an extra final fantasy origins steel but glad to have just gotten my Ghostwire one
It really depends on the sales expectations a game has and how willing a pub is to incentivize week one purchases. My store only got 10 or so steels for Ghostwire and Strangers of Paradise but had nearly 80 for Elden Ring.

Decided to give Best Buy a shot this morning and luckily they ended up having two copies of the Stranger of Paradise steelbook behind the counter. The nice girl at the counter let me buy one and luckily it is in perfect shape. No dents, dings, or scratches. I’m really surprised they had any. I never wanted the game, only wanted the steelbook since I’m a sucker for big armors with horns on them lol

Edit: As I noted in my post the steelbook were behind the counter. No steelbooks for any game out on the floor. I went to customer service and asked the girl to check since nothing was out. Every game on the floor was in a theft case and newer games just had a picture of the game in a theft case to take to the counter. Oof.

It's always good to check a week after release as any preorders that included a steel will be auto-canceled by then.

I don’t like how they don’t have steelbooks out on the floor anymore, and if there are, they’re really old steelbooks. I don’t always wanna bother asking an employee to check at the counter

I don’t like how they don’t have steelbooks out on the floor anymore, and if there are, they’re really old steelbooks. I don’t always wanna bother asking an employee to check at the counter
This is definitely going to vary by store because my local store has had all recent SB cases on the shelf (including GW:T) EXCEPT for SOP:FFO.

Does anyone know if Best Buy's points apply retroactively. I looked at my BB overview and it doesn't seem like my Elden Ring CE or Horizon CE have counted toward the money I spent in 2022. It says I only spent $39 in 2022, which is a total lie. I've spent well over $500 at this point.

The only thing I can think of is most were things I pre-ordered in 2021. So maybe they don't count for 2022 purchases? Even though I was charged in 2022.

I don't recall it working that way before though.
Just got a email that bestbuy is getting rid of elite and elite plus starting May 3rd. All accounts will be converted to the basic my bestbuy tier. So the extended 30/45 day returns-price matching and point banking are gone.

I have a feeling their doing this partly to push the $200 total tech membership since it will still give you a 60 day window. Only way you will be able to point bank is if you have a bestbuy credit card account.

Wth just got an email from bestbuy about elite n elite plus. I just finally reached elite plus n that’s what they’re doin now? Awesome

Wth just got an email from bestbuy about elite n elite plus. I just finally reached elite plus n that’s what they’re doin now? Awesome
Yup, sucks. I've been elite plus for a long time. It was a great for me, benefited from the 45 day price matching opportunities regularly. I also have a lot of points banked so I'm greatful they let those with credit card accounts keep that.

I'm honestly considering a total tech membership because of this. Just going to wait until I see there new price matching policy.

Yup, sucks. I've been elite plus for a long time. It was a great for me, benefited from the 45 day price matching opportunities regularly. I also have a lot of points banked so I'm greatful they let those with credit card accounts keep that.

I'm honestly considering a total tech membership because of this. Just going to wait until I see there new price matching policy.
Even then, I don't think you will make that $200 back. TT is a scam and they are finding more ways to push it on people.

I saw that. For some reason I thought total tech was a 2 year sub.
i feel it’s going to backfire, in no way shape or form is that pricing tier competitive with any other service on the market, even if they added the old gamers club benefit that’s essentially almost 20 games a year to break even!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a lot of money saved in point banking. And they can just give you 60 days to spend it or you lose it? Absolute Fing joke. I was planning to save it for Christmas shopping this year.

Getting rid of elite plus means getting rid of me as a customer.

"Our biggest spenders seem to be recieving benefits. Punish them, quickly."

I have a lot of money saved in point banking. And they can just give you 60 days to spend it or you lose it? Absolute Fing joke. I was planning to save it for Christmas shopping this year.
Do you not have the same September 28th issue date that I saw in my email? The certs would be good until after Black Friday with the 60 day expiration on them.

Do you not have the same September 28th issue date that I saw in my email? The certs would be good until after Black Friday with the 60 day expiration on them.
That's what it says, so hopefully it holds up, but I wasn't even sure I was going to use them on Black Friday or not. It depends on what the deals are and what is for sale based on what I want/need. Sales typically trickle in throughout the holidays all the way until the new year. But I guess I'll have no choice.

Yeah it's a pain either way but I figure better odds of scoring a deal somewhere around that time. Plus best buy can eat shit, I want to maximize my value to bleed them as much as possible.

Anyone think there's a lot of risk to doing these returns to BB for the games with steelbooks?

Like I returned Elden Ring a few weeks ago and now I'll be returning Ghostwire and SOP.

Kinda worried since I know high return rates can result in bannings at other stores (Amazon and Target are two I've heard as the most common) but not sure I've ever heard of it happening at BB.
Zero risk. I did it for years and nothing came of it. Now I just don't shop there unless I can flip the steels for easy money. Elden Ring was hilarious going for triple. Paid for my game essentially.

Amazon Warehouse currently has one PS5 Elden Ring CE in stock for $160 in like new condition … fyi, for anyone that wants to roll the dice.

Zero risk. I did it for years and nothing came of it. Now I just don't shop there unless I can flip the steels for easy money. Elden Ring was hilarious going for triple. Paid for my game essentially.
lmao I kind of regret missing the Elden Ring SB from best buy because it looks way nicer than the one that came with the CE.

The fact that this is getting a standard $30 retail release here makes the prices a bit worse IMO.
I was wondering about that. So to clarify, the standard edition of this game will be coming to the states and it will be carried by most retailers(Amazon, Bestbuy, Gamestop, Target), I assume???

Are the contents for Ys VIII CE the same as the previous CEs (outside of the game being PS5 obviously)? I already have it on PS4 and Vita... but would seriously consider tripling dipping since it was such a great game. 

Are the contents for Ys VIII CE the same as the previous CEs (outside of the game being PS5 obviously)? I already have it on PS4 and Vita... but would seriously consider tripling dipping since it was such a great game.
I compared the pictures of the old PS4 version and the ones for the PS5 version and the contents appear to be exactly the same. Only difference is the game itself.

And I'm with you on double/triple-dipping. Ys VIII is tied with Origin in my mind as the best Ys game.

It certainly seems like it. NISA doesn't exactly go the extra mile for stuff like this, just an easy way to cash out this iteration while it can.

For those who have the Dying Light 2 CE, what are your thoughts? Are the contents worth the price tag? The PS4 version is about $40-50 off on clearance and thinking about picking it up.

EDIT: at best buy

I might actually splurge on one form of Ys 8 since that version might actually have the better translation all on disc as opposed to patched in like the previous versions (Although this is not confirmed yet)

As for the NIS Classics Vol 3 I love that they are doing this, but will wait for the Deluxe version that comes to bigger retailers.

I might actually splurge on one form of Ys 8 since that version might actually have the better translation all on disc as opposed to patched in like the previous versions (Although this is not confirmed yet)

As for the NIS Classics Vol 3 I love that they are doing this, but will wait for the Deluxe version that comes to bigger retailers.
Only thing I think it'll be missing on disc is co-op probably, which is exlusive to PC

hmm looks like none of the best buys in my area have the switch lego star wars steelbook in stock. wonder what that's about
Either best buy or distributors has been royally screwing up lately. They don't honor pre-orders any longer. And then games show "coming soon" as Skywalker Saga deluxe PS5 did all week then went straight to "sold out" this morning.

bread's done
Back