2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm looks like none of the best buys in my area have the switch lego star wars steelbook in stock. wonder what that's about
All deluxe editions have been sold out for a while at most stores, not just Best Buy. I think it's popularity is higher than it's stock and not likely to be a lot of steelbooks out there.

My Lego steelbook was “naked” and it’s the perfect color to show off scratches, so It might take some effort to find a flawless one. I failed.

oh one of the posters said it was naked?
Does naked mean not shrinkwrapped? If so, then disregard. My comment was based on my experience for all other recent SBs being shrinkwrapped, but they were all G2 so this being Switch they might be different.

So glad BB shipped Lego Skywalker Saga Deluxe Switch in a bubble mailer....sigh. At least it has a plastic sleeve so most of the sides were fine although the top and bottom definitely show the box flexed along the route. Now to see what kind of disastrous condition the steelbook shows up in.

I was on my way to pickup Lego Star Wars, and got the email that the Steelbook was ready. No plastic wrap here either.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

My Switch deluxe was in a bubble mailer. No Steelbook. Game completely crushed.

My PS5 deluxe was in a box with the Steelbook. Both in great shape.

maxresdefault.jpg

Speaking of Lego Star Wars, I don't know how I missed it, but there is a Deluxe version with a lego figure that's sold out everywhere. Any chance this gets a lot of restocks or is it projected to be rare?

Speaking of Lego Star Wars, I don't know how I missed it, but there is a Deluxe version with a lego figure that's sold out everywhere. Any chance this gets a lot of restocks or is it projected to be rare?
I think part of the issue with the Deluxe edition is that the wrong DLC codes were packed in. So they might be pulling them back to fix that.

Never seen it sell out, I don’t think the marvel one with the iron patriot sold out at launch either.

Never seen it sell out, I don’t think the marvel one with the iron patriot sold out at launch either.
the deluxe version is selling out, there have been restocks on amazon that fluctuate in and out that maybe your best bet bt every one else seems to be sold out online at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think part of the issue with the Deluxe edition is that the wrong DLC codes were packed in. So they might be pulling them back to fix that.
Wait, what wrong code? Mine redeemed. Only two things are available atm though. But worked fine

You may be right. But that Lego figure is already selling for 40 to 70 alone on eBay.

Wait, what wrong code? Mine redeemed. Only two things are available atm though. But worked fine

You may be right. But that Lego figure is already selling for 40 to 70 alone on eBay.
Fomo at its finest, scarcity might run its course during restocks, LEGO fans aren’t nothing to f’ with. A lot of people only collect figures, the knockoff is probably already on alibaba if not coming soon.

I picked up my LEGO SW SB tonight and I guess I was lucky.  The case came in an opaque soft plastic sleeve that had the bar code on it, leaving the case clean.

I didn't notice that Tiny Tina's Wonderlands has a steelbook. It's a bundle with the standard edition (or Next-Level for newer consoles) on amazon.de. $91 total for 4 day shipping. It was only $4 more to get a week sooner.

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands: Next Level Edition - Amazon Steelbook - USK - [Xbox Series X] : Amazon.de: PC & Video Games

Pics on reddit show it's embossed unlike the promo image on the site.
I only heard of the French version through Micromania

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

e12d3c9b-982e-4b4e-923f-cd6d5ef3d797.gif

Anyone else disappointed that this preorder gif was a lie? The plastic face-revealing sleeve is actually part of the mostly empty over box (DVD sized for no apparent reason) and you get a regular box art copy inside with the deluxe code.

The steelbook is also disappointing in person. Not having the reverse side of the carbonite on the back kind of ruins it for me.

I have a feeling mine will get returned when the steelbook arrives destroyed from transit.
it seems all of the steelbooks are going to be ruined at this point. No protection, no plastic wrap. And that’s if you’re lucky you’re preorder was even honored. I’m still fighting Best Buy trying to get one promised.

If anyone is still looking for a Stranger of Paradise SteelBook, I'm standing in front of one on a shelf right now.

EDIT - I went ahead and picked it up, just in case anyone wants it.  Also, if anyone wants dozens of Halo Infinite SteelBook cases, they have that too. :p

well well.... My steelbook came in a bubble mailer, and inside the case was drooped down in a small plastic bag with the barcode sticker on the bag.  One very faint bend/dent on an edge and no scratches....  got lucky :)

That guy wrote about what probably was his sole individual experience as the definitive answer for everything but the reality, as you’ve demonstrated with your example, is that it depends. I’ve made returns by mail quite a few times and I’ve gotten full refunds. Recently, BB actually sent a return without the steelbook back noting that the steelbook was missing. If you return just the game in-store, it’s probably going to come down to the experience of the person at the register but I’ve even had one guy asking to charge $40 for it. I’m sure after multiple years of people returning games without pre-order steelbooks their corporate guys have noticed and changed policies but it’s implemented unevenly.
You have no idea what you are talking about. I returned stranger of Paradise today just the game, they scanned the receipt to do the return, and it printed out a two-tiered receipt showing both the -$54.51 credit (w/tax) and a second $9.99 'bundle adjustment' charge from keeping the steelbook. THAT IS THE STANDARD. That is the automated process from the physical register and nationwide POS system.

bb-receipt-1.jpg

If you are ripping off stores or your employees aren't doing their jobs correctly then that's your prerogative. It's not the norm; that's why it hasn't been discussed here in years. Don't condescend others when you are the one who is scheming the operation.

The system charges you when you keep the steelbook. Like I first said. The same way it was when that first started a couple of years ago. If you want to rip off steelbooks then do that on your own time and piss off about it in a legitimate shopping discussion. Everyone gets a "bank error in your favor" every now and then. But great job stealing steelbooks over and over. The item that is supposed to incentivize sales and day1 supporters. People like you are why customer benefits completely SUCK now. You taking advantage of free shipping in both directions and costing the company tons of shipping and logistics money for no reason at all, over and over. They are shutting down Elite & Elite Plus next month, nobody knows what free shipping will be now, we will probably be stuck with 14-day returns, and reward certs banking is going away.

People like you are why customer benefits completely SUCK now.
No, it’s actually because they only have customers like you: lower-middle income consumers that actually think they’re profitable to corporations at scale. Small wonder spending $5 in net costs to deliver you a package whenever you buy a $20 game on sale wasn’t profitable at scale when you aren’t even paying in subscription costs. They would’ve shut down the program years ago if they weren’t such an inefficient corporate bureaucracy. Small e-commerce players like Best Buy can’t profit with a loyalty model because they don’t have Amazon’s or even Walmart’s breadth of customers. They also can’t attract top talent in business or software engineering (because they can’t afford to pay $300K+ per person/year), Walmart struggles with this as well, so they never build the software architecture or begin to even figure out what makes business ecosystems like Amazon’s flywheel successful.

No, it’s actually because they only have customers like you: lower-middle income consumers that actually think they’re profitable to corporations at scale. Small e-commerce players like Best Buy can’t profit with a loyalty model because they don’t have Amazon’s or even Walmart’s breadth of customers. They also can’t attract top talent in business or software engineering (because they can’t afford to pay $300K+ per person/year), Walmart struggles with this as well, so they never build the software architecture or begin to even figure out what makes business ecosystems like Amazon’s flywheel successful.
You admitted to keeping steelbooks for no cost and making them pay the return shipping on several occasions. Most people with a conscience would call that dishonest. In fact most people would call that straight up stealing.

I generate a tiny bit of profit for them. You cause them to lose money. You see the difference? Since you want to get technical about "Profitability".

You have no ground to stand on. In neither a discussion about morals nor one about profit margin.

god damn I wish that steelbook was in NA
It's not a cheap bundle, but amazon.de ships to US. It was like $11 shipping for two weeks or $15 for a few days. The old gen versions are back in stock too. It shipped in a paper mailer but survived. The steelbook is sealed with the game.

bread's done
Back