2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye. Bring on the $90-$120 deluxe editions. With steelbook, cd soundtrack, and/or a worthy season pass.

This one ain't it tho. It's costumes and a couple Destiny shaders lol. The Shit-Enix way.
Not surprised, but still disappointed. "+Emote".....wtf.....worst. timeline. ever.

ETA: Hard pass on preordering from Best Buy. They killed off my Elite+ benefits and their exclusive preorder Steelbooks always arrive dented in a bubble mailer

According to GAME, they will have an exclusive GK special edition with steelbook. Don't know how exclusive it is: just them in that region or the entire world

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

There are people without Prime? I almost feel like it'll be something I subscribe to for the rest of my life, like paying for utilities
I don’t have it; considering it’s a competitor to both of my jobs. I also shop local & only buy from Amazon if there’s no other choice.

No free shipping from bb sucks now. Mark my words companies will soon charge for in store pickup
Well no free shipping will cut down on impulse buys. I let my Prime lapse in November and I am saving a lot by just not impulse buying stuff at Amazon anymore, Now with the $35 free shipping threshold at Best Buy I will cut back there too. So many times something is not even available for in store pick up for me.

I got an email saying the physical deluxe for The Ascent is pushed back to September.

The quality of the items in the Among Us Ejected edition was surprisingly nice.  The blanket takes up most of the box.

Yesterday my Stubb's the Zombie CE arrived after however many delays. It's actually pretty nice the box itself is crazy awesome. Surprisingly happy with this one. Helps that it's an ancient game and my expectations for this CE were through the floor I guess but still.

May so an unboxing video if anyone wants

I have the Octopath Traveler Wayfarer Edition still sealed and it's gotten very rare. I never got around to playing the game yet and I want to play it soon. Would it be stupid to open it?

Think I should just buy a standard edition copy? They're getting somewhat hard to find, but you can get em on Amazon or ebay for like $65. Not too bad. I just hate spending money on games I literally already own, but my instinct is telling me opening the Wayfarer Edition would be foolish.

I have the Octopath Traveler Wayfarer Edition still sealed and it's gotten very rare. I never got around to playing the game yet and I want to play it soon. Would it be stupid to open it?

Think I should just buy a standard edition copy? They're getting somewhat hard to find, but you can get em on Amazon or ebay for like $65. Not too bad. I just hate spending money on games I literally already own, but my instinct is telling me opening the Wayfarer Edition would be foolish.
Sell CE for $250, after fees and shit, you should clear $200. Buy standard edition for $65 (or hell, prob like $45 doe a used copy). Use leftover money on something else.

Octopath was well liked by many people and it's definitely worth a try IMO. I'm pretty sure there's a demo too.

Sell CE for $250, after fees and shit, you should clear $200. Buy standard edition for $65 (or hell, prob like $45 doe a used copy). Use leftover money on something else.

Octopath was well liked by many people and it's definitely worth a try IMO. I'm pretty sure there's a demo too.
$28 on CDKeys for a Steam version … just saying

Yesterday my Stubb's the Zombie CE arrived after however many delays. It's actually pretty nice the box itself is crazy awesome. Surprisingly happy with this one. Helps that it's an ancient game and my expectations for this CE were through the floor I guess but still.

May so an unboxing video if anyone wants
Did it come with a game disc or digital copy? And yeah, I'd like to see an unboxing :)

$28 on CDKeys for a Steam version … just saying
I agree with Vinny and etcrane. Also it's on Game Pass if you can believe it.

Has there been any sort of updates regarding the Nintendo Store exclusive Xenoblade 3 SE? I feel like the one day that I stop paying attention to notifications is the day its gonna go up and sell out in like 5 minutes

Has there been any sort of updates regarding the Nintendo Store exclusive Xenoblade 3 SE? I feel like the one day that I stop paying attention to notifications is the day its gonna go up and sell out in like 5 minutes
I’ve been randomly refreshing the page for weeks hoping I don’t miss it. Only other news I saw about it is that in Europe and Japan (and so probably America too) they’re going to send the game on release date but the collector’s items are gonna take longer.

I’ve been randomly refreshing the page for weeks hoping I don’t miss it. Only other news I saw about it is that in Europe and Japan (and so probably America too) they’re going to send the game on release date but the collector’s items are gonna take longer.
Gotta love those CEs that the game isn't actually a part of the package. SMH

Gotta love those CEs that the game isn't actually a part of the package. SMH
I mean… you get everything either way…
Besides, I’m pretty sure this is just because Nintendo moved the date up two months so they probably need more time to make all the CE stuff. I’d rather get the game at launch than have to wait for it all to be finished.

I mean… you get everything either way…
Besides, I’m pretty sure this is just because Nintendo moved the date up two months so they probably need more time to make all the CE stuff. I’d rather get the game at launch than have to wait for it all to be finished.
100% this is the reason, considering the CE stuff is set to ship out when the game was originally set to release kind of makes it obvious. Also the reason why the CE is Nintendo Store Exclusive so they don't give their retail partners (Best Buy, Target, Etc.) the added headache of having to ship out the CE stuff after the fact.

Still waiting on the "additional info" that the NA Twitter account promised all those weeks ago. Part of me hopes they use that to announce a date, but at the same time I don't want that because it will give scalpers plenty of time to set up bots.

My Best Buy has five of the LEGO Star Wars Skywalker Saga G2 SteelBook cases if anyone is looking for one.

It'll be even more painful when we all miss it.
Xenoblade chronicles special edition 2 restocked around Christmas time this past Christmas…it was up for days on the Nintendo website. Yes resellers are gonna pounce on it….but they work as a big team to manipulate the market. Once they know they not getting what they want prices start dropping. And I believe Nintendo will release it in high quantities like Metroid

Am I the only one that thinks it's eternally weird that we call these little plastic pieces of junk "statues" ?  It sounded like a strange misnomer a decade ago and it has never stopped weirding me out anytime I've seen/heard it. 

Do you mean these?

03-1200x1200.jpg

I usually see those referred to as acrylics or standees, but it has seemed weird to me the few times they've been called "statues".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325198857707?hash=item4bb75cc5eb%3Ag%3Afy4AAOSwpFhbmXEN&LH_ItemCondition=1000

Ni no Kuni II CE $32.99 from BBY's ebay account

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dmd=2&_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_ssn=best_buy&store_name=officialbestbuy&_oac=1&_nkw=valkyria%20chronicles%204:%20memoirs%20from%20battle%20premium

Valkyria Chronicles 4 Premium Edition $25.99 from BBY's ebay account

Looks like BestBuy is going to clearance some old CEs, credit goes to wario64

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1528423556001845248?s=20&t=oqhwJgsCEWNkdPAIq5_UcQ

For those here who ordered that Guide to RPGs from Bitmap books, my shipping says "shipment on hold" it's sitting in NY. I'm guessing this has to do with customs? Not sure what that means.

For those here who ordered that Guide to RPGs from Bitmap books, my shipping says "shipment on hold" it's sitting in NY. I'm guessing this has to do with customs? Not sure what that means.
Customs can be very random.

Mine just arrived yesterday and wow, they did an amazing job packing this thing. It's way fatter than I thought too.

Customs can be very random.

Mine just arrived yesterday and wow, they did an amazing job packing this thing. It's way fatter than I thought too.
Do you know if the "on hold" status for DHL shipments typically mean stuck at customs? Or could it mean anything? I don't even know what on hold means.

Do you know if the "on hold" status for DHL shipments typically mean stuck at customs? Or could it mean anything? I don't even know what on hold means.
I've had items held by customs via USPS and UPS and both times, it was noted as something along the lines of "at US customs facility" so I'd imagine DHL would note that same thing if it was customs.

If I had to guess, I'd say there's just a logistics issue (as in a lot of inbound packages showed up at once so they're being held up due to a lack of staffing), given how there's logistics issues with everything these days.

Looks like Amazon is cancelling some Somnium Files Nirvana PS4 collector's editions due to "lack of availability". Just got an email from them and it is a bad way to start my day.

Edit:Gamestop still has some so I grabbed one there

Looks like Amazon is cancelling some Somnium Files Nirvana PS4 collector's editions due to "lack of availability". Just got an email from them and it is a bad way to start my day.

Thanks, I got the same email and also preordered one at Gamestop.

Hopefully I don't get shafted by Target as well, they are pretty well known for overselling than what they would get.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back