2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
The amount of pearl clutching when things like this happen is just comical.  

I'm guessing that the vast amount of consumers know that it is incredibly easy it is to make a scalable e-commerce site, both for lower demand and massively increased demand, that is entirely secure and not subject to denial of service style attacks.

Building a site that handles tens of thousands of transactions on a given day, then has to scale to millions of hits in a single second is not something that is easily accomplished, but for some reason everyone thinks you can just flip a switch to make that happen any time you want.  Not to mention the infrastructure and data costs that you incur while people are hammering said site.  

As Shoresy says, "So Dumb."  

I dont think anyone even got it yet. I've seen one person say they got through on Reddit and they might have been lying.

I just miss the old days of ordering things, I absolutely hate this stupid hype drop bullshit where if you look away for 5 minutes you can miss out
I see.. well, here's hoping.

It's amazing that no one ever learns from instances like this. Either don't announce it or fix your sites so they can handle traffic. Or both.

Same story for every anticipated release among various retail sites.
Or they know and don't care, so they can be like "look! our item sold out so fast because everyone want it!!"

I think it's reasonable to both be unsurprised (fully expected this from this site) and unhappy as a fan of the game/series that was provided no opportunity to order.

I'm guessing that the vast amount of consumers know that it is incredibly easy it is to make a scalable e-commerce site, both for lower demand and massively increased demand, that is entirely secure and not subject to denial of service style attacks.

Building a site that handles tens of thousands of transactions on a given day, then has to scale to millions of hits in a single second is not something that is easily accomplished, but for some reason everyone thinks you can just flip a switch to make that happen any time you want. Not to mention the infrastructure and data costs that you incur while people are hammering said site.

I don't think literally anyone here said it was easy?

This is Nintendo's own product, they 100% had to have known the demand, and decided to handle the release in the absolute worst possible of ways. Neither of the other two Special Editions were even a 1/10th as hard as this to obtain, because they did not decide to release it solely on their own store that numerous times before has shown its prone to collapsing due to demand from lesser items (Like the My Nintendo pins)

Building a site that handles tens of thousands of transactions on a given day, then has to scale to millions of hits in a single second is not something that is easily accomplished, but for some reason everyone thinks you can just flip a switch to make that happen any time you want. Not to mention the infrastructure and data costs that you incur while people are hammering said site.

GTFO. Nintendo knew demand for this was going to be insane. Maybe next time they shouldn’t be so shortsighted and make a hot item exclusive to their store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, NoA employee, any inside info on when Metroid Prime 4 is coming out? :cool:

I dont think anyone even got it yet. I've seen one person say they got through on Reddit and they might have been lying.

I just miss the old days of ordering things, I absolutely hate this stupid hype drop bullshit where if you look away for 5 minutes you can miss out
None on ebay either. I don't think anyone was able to actually place a order.

Yeah, but do you know the costs for that? Do you add 1,000 servers? 10,000? How do you balance the cost of that for the product you're selling.

FFS, no one can even point out something that is an actual legitimate business concern without people saying "Oh, you work for Nintendo..."

The simple fact of the matter is that they don't care about anything other than the financial side of it. If it was easy to just scale up and handle any amount of demand, they would. When you work for a company that has to handle demand for a product, you understand that there is a bean counter somewhere saying, don't do too much and just deal with the issues that come with it.

Yeah, but do you know the costs for that? Do you add 1,000 servers? 10,000? How do you balance the cost of that for the product you're selling.

FFS, no one can even point out something that is an actual legitimate business concern without people saying "Oh, you work for Nintendo..."

The simple fact of the matter is that they don't care about anything other than the financial side of it. If it was easy to just scale up and handle any amount of demand, they would. When you work for a company that has to handle demand for a product, you understand that there is a bean counter somewhere saying, don't do too much and just deal with the issues that come with it.
But Nintendo doesn't control or own servers... they're hosted on AWS. AWS is the largest host by a HUGE margin and should easily be able to handle whatever the demand is because they also host Amazon (obviously) and there's been tons of instances with high demand items on Amazon's own store front.

Ask Adobe, Nintendo is using their software that claims to be "scalable".

Or maybe, I don't know, don't sell it ONLY on your site? It's not like some IG nitwit spammed a Nintendo Store only product and it came out of nowhere. Someone said "Uh huh, dis ok, uh huh".

+1 on this. But you have to keep the demographics of the people on this site in mind. When you do, their reactions are never surprising.

But Nintendo doesn't control or own servers... they're hosted on AWS. AWS is the largest host by a HUGE margin and should easily be able to handle whatever the demand is because they also host Amazon (obviously) and there's been tons of instances with high demand items on Amazon's own store front.
Lol, if everything was this simple, entry level software engineers wouldn’t be making 200k+ these days.

All I know is I have been watching this from the very beginning and Nintendo should have known and planned better for this...  Really don't understand why they made this a store exclusive.

Seems like with everything else that drops, nothing left but a skeleton after the horde of locusts flies through.

+1 on this. But you have to keep the demographics of the people on this site in mind. When you do, their reactions are never surprising.

Lol, if everything was this simple, entry level software engineers wouldn’t be making 200k+ these days.
Person I quoted was talking about NOA purchasing servers and that's not the issue here because NOA doesn't own any servers. This was something they should have coordinated with AWS, which maybe wouldn't have prevented the issues, but might have at least alleviated it or hell maybe NOA would have been told by AWS "yeah, good luck". But I concede the point on AWS "easily" being able to do anything, you're right in that I can't speak as to whether or not this was simple/easy.

e2eee0cf4d0450a14e304d5728f54765.gif

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Person I quoted was talking about NOA purchasing servers and that's not the issue here because NOA doesn't own any servers. This was something they should have coordinated with AWS, which maybe wouldn't have prevented the issues, but might have at least alleviated it or hell maybe NOA would have been told by AWS "yeah, good luck". But I concede the point on AWS "easily" being able to do anything, you're right in that I can't speak as to whether or not this was simple/easy.
Let’s just say there’s more to running an e-commerce operation than buying EC2 instances and leave it at that.

Let’s just say there’s more to running an e-commerce operation than buying EC2 instances and leave it at that.
Like instituted actual waiting room software like SDCC? As opposed to a line of code that refreshes the page every 30 seconds until they plug the shop back in?

They should have just made it an open pre-order for a month (and announce it as such) or so and then just produce as many as needed. Then there wouldn't be a rush and people who actually want it for the content and not to resell could get it.

I guess it's back to the waiting game.. thank god I have my Nintendo of Japan order has a back up
Are you using a forwarding service?

Looking at the Japan My Nintendo store they even have multiple versions of the CE so you can get the version just how you want it. In addition to the standard, they have a digital only version and an extras only version if you just want that -_-

They should have just made it an open pre-order for a month (and announce it as such) or so and then just produce as many as needed. Then there wouldn't be a rush and people who actually want it for the content and not to resell could get it.

Are you using a forwarding service?

Looking at the Japan My Nintendo store they even have multiple versions of the CE so you can get the version just how you want it. In addition to the standard, they have a digital only version and an extras only version if you just want that -_-
Yes I'm using a forwarding service white rabbit express

My suspicion is it is an open preorder because they aren't shipping it until much later. We just swarmed it because it's Nintendo and we assume they are making 4 copies.

That link gives me a 404 error. and I've been in a waiting room for 3 hours. The mobile is what almost let me check out and screwed me with the network error.

stupid queue didn't work one iota today.

Had to cart from the homepage. Blueweltall's trick worked to complete the cart checkout process. 

bread's done
Back