2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny thing, Xenoblade CEs were actually one of those I've never had trouble getting preorders for until this one.

Funny thing, Xenoblade CEs were actually one of those I've never had trouble getting preorders for until this one.
No one legitimately cared. I have a few of chronicles X. I listed on locally for $50 and no one bit then the Wii u was announced to close and all of a sudden everyone wanted it.

After trying for hours it now says "item limit reached"
This means there are two in your cart. You can't exactly access your cart, but if you could, they'd be in there. My wife had this message and when she got through, 2 were waiting to check out. You need the cart now, not the product page.

It's officially gone from page. Either they will bring more out soon or it's done. If done,then it's sad as never got a chance but doesn't mean all hope is lost as can easily import the better ones

This means there are two in your cart. You can't exactly access your cart, but if you could, they'd be in there. My wife had this message and when she got through, 2 were waiting to check out. You need the cart now, not the product page.
nope. That was the first thing I checked.

It's officially gone from page. Either they will bring more out soon or it's done. If done,then it's sad as never got a chance but doesn't mean all hope is lost as can easily import the better ones
That's what I'm thinking, the page loads up and just says "releasing in TBD" and the copy that was in my cart is now gone.

Sony Direct has an exclusive The Last of Us Part 1(PS5) exclusive version with a steelbook(apparently). For $100. This kind of dropped very stealthily.

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/search?q=the%20last%20of%20us%20part&o=true

If you have trouble seeing it, refresh. Site getting hammered.

It seems to no longer allow you to view the item page, but I could have sworn I saw steelbook and others on Twitter reporting the same.
I think the remake part was hyped a bit much. It looks like the same game with the combat and options from 2.

It does look a lot nicer though.

Sony Direct has an exclusive The Last of Us Part 1(PS5) exclusive version with a steelbook(apparently). For $100. This kind of dropped very stealthily.

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/search?q=the%20last%20of%20us%20part&o=true

If you have trouble seeing it, refresh. Site getting hammered.

It seems to no longer allow you to view the item page, but I could have sworn I saw steelbook and others on Twitter reporting the same.
It was listed but I guess sony took it down for an accidentally early announcement I guess

Nintendo announces more will be released at a later date.

I'm sure with the same issues.
At this point they should just do a lottery system as there is no way their website won't be a complete clusterfuck again. Either that or just print a whole damn bunch more considering the demand.

It was listed but I guess sony took it down for an accidentally early announcement I guess
ca593a457bd80041e1cc5073ed23915e.jpg

Someone on Reddit managed to take a SS of it and I agree with them $100 is steep for a re-re-master

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point they should just do a lottery system as there is no way their website won't be a complete clusterfuck again. Either that or just print a whole damn bunch more considering the demand.
Problem is they don't know if its real demand, or scalpers. if they release a lot more, maybe half the orders already in get cancelled. Then they are sitting on excess and wasted money.

Regarding Xenoblade order, I feel like a complete idiot.
I spent 5 mins yesterday afternoon & was able to get to final screen after you place the order. But there was an error. So I kept trying for hours without success

Turns out my order did go through, as I see a pending charge & even see it in order history 

It was not there in order history yesterday & no email notifications even till now

Anyone else in same boat may want to check for the charge/order history

I also think that Nintendo would learn from their mistakes & handle it better in next round

Does anyone see The Last of Us on Sony Direct? I'm hoping this won't be a damn Xenoblade Chronicles 3 situation...

Though I can't even find the damn thing.

Regarding Xenoblade order, I feel like a complete idiot.
I spent 5 mins yesterday afternoon & was able to get to final screen after you place the order. But there was an error. So I kept trying for hours without success

Turns out my order did go through, as I see a pending charge & even see it in order history

It was not there in order history yesterday & no email notifications even till now

Anyone else in same boat may want to check for the charge/order history

I also think that Nintendo would learn from their mistakes & handle it better in next round
Same happened to me. It went through, but it said there was an error. I was charged though and got the email and it was in my order history.

Got my order in for the firefly edition. I was having issues getting to check out and I managed to get through. Nintendo needs to know stuff from Sony on how to make their servers handle all the traffic.

Got my order in for the firefly edition. I was having issues getting to check out and I managed to get through. Nintendo needs to know stuff from Sony on how to make their servers handle all the traffic.
I think this LoU edition is not as desirable - $100 for a game and steelbook and some bonus digital stuff is a bit much. (I see a ton of people complaining that the ps4 version look fine as it is and whats the point of this new one etc)

xenoblade had more people I think.

I think this LoU edition is not as desirable - $100 for a game and steelbook and some bonus digital stuff is a bit much. (I see a ton of people complaining that the ps4 version look fine as it is and whats the point of this new one etc)

xenoblade had more people I think.
Looks like it also comes with the American Dreams physical comics. Maybe not the most desireable bonus for most people but it was a good series from what I remember and comics are like... $4 each. $70 base for the game and $16 base for 4 issues of the comics, means you're paying $14 for the steelbook. Not great still but not horrible.

With all that said and even with an order placed... I don't know if I want this remake. Last of Us is probably the most impactful game I ever played. I loved every second of it but after beating, I literally could not touch it for like 3-4 days because I needed to process the experience. Shit, after that I got beat it on hard mode or whatever and even played the MP (and got really good at it, even though I suck at competitive games) to get the platinum. I just don't know if want those memories potentially tarnished.

That and... I don't have a PS5.

Holy shit, looks it just sold out. Damn, I got lucky as hell, I just got home from work and checked CAG out of the blue. 

I missed it.  Reddit redirected me to the new Jurassic Park collection steelbooks and I forgot about this.  Oh well.  I'm not terribly excited for a remaster so recent anywho.

Somehow i made two orders of TLOU Part 1 and both were successful when I thought both failed.  Might be good to hold onto that extra in case some shit happens lol

Collecting is becoming such a hassle, I was salty half way thru Jurassic world just to find out I missed out on the this remake as well…hopefully they restock if not it’ll be a holiday bin purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you added Last Of Us to cart & then thought...meh I don’t need it, you can still check out & place an order(just did)

Was not expecting such a small print, but this is $40 more expensive than it should be.

Psyched for the two-part Elden Ring strategy guide that was just announced. My only fear is some kind of LE two pack being announced after buying the individual guides … but I’m sure they’ll save that for a special edition that includes DLC content in a few years … which I will also almost inevitably buy at launch.

bread's done
Back