2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Amazon exclusive thing holds to release, unfortunately a sure thing. The best comp is the TG16 Mini which sold out and went to 2x MSRP pretty quickly.
I’m still salty about that one. I had my finger on the purchase button back when it first came out and figured it would fade into obscurity with an accompanied price drop. Boy was I wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m still salty about that one. I had my finger on the purchase button back when it first came out and figured it would fade into obscurity with an accompanied price drop. Boy was I wrong.

Yeah, I got nearly all of my classic mini consoles on sale or on clearance. I never bothered with the TG16 one since I never played it growing up. I'm curious what's going to happen with the new genesis 2 mini.

Yeah, though only for the Japanese version
No, the listing literally says "For sales in North America" as well as "This product is only sold in the U.S. Please note that the orders from outside the U.S. will be canceled.". Depending on your state tax rate, you'll save about $10 and can play the yen getting weaker against the dollar to save more potentially.

Not sure what the listing saying it's for sale in NA has to do with your point, but yes, fair point, tax can tip it so that it's cheaper, though that depends on the yen being this weak when it ships in Oct.

The Japanese version is still

Not sure what the listing saying it's for sale in NA has to do with your point, but yes, fair point, tax can tip it so that it's cheaper, though that depends on the yen being this weak when it ships in Oct.
The Japanese version is still <$100 shipped at the current rate, so if low cost is your goal, that's still the better option
Is there an English option for the Japanese version?

Does anyone have any idea how to get in touch with a customer service agent on Amazon? They seem to have changed the site. Before, you go down, click help, it takes you to a page where you pick your order and choose between call me, chat, etc. Now, I don't see those options anymore. I see a bunch of FAQs.

Does anyone have any idea how to get in touch with a customer service agent on Amazon? They seem to have changed the site. Before, you go down, click help, it takes you to a page where you pick your order and choose between call me, chat, etc. Now, I don't see those options anymore. I see a bunch of FAQs.
The couple times I've had to recently, i had to click through the virtual assitant. If the virtual assistant deems your concern worthy of manual help, it will then get a csr on chat.

Do we have any idea of how much the God of War CE will be? (Either one).

I’m curious if they will release a special edition like Horizon FW had with a steelbook and art book only.

Do we have any idea of how much the God of War CE will be? (Either one).

I’m curious if they will release a special edition like Horizon FW had with a steelbook and art book only.
wario tweeted they maybe $199.99 & 259.99 just like the horizon bundles, no special editions announced with just a SB AND OR ARTBOOK unfortunately!

Just a heads up for everyone, you are 100% able to pre-order Bayonetta 1 and the Bayonetta 3 CE in-store at Gamestop. 

Wario tweeted it out, and I went up to my local GS and grabbed 2 of each (One for me and a buddy of mine).  I normally don't do this, but I would rather not try and deal with the stress of online pre-order again after this past year.

GS requires a $5 deposit and you can pay off the entire thing right there if you want. Bayonetta 1 is $30 and the Bayonetta 3 CE is $90

Bayonetta 1 physical? Glad it's finally available to the West, but guess I should sell my Japanese Climax Edition before the value tanks. Although the steelbook is pretty cool. 

Bayonetta 1 physical? Glad it's finally available to the West, but guess I should sell my Japanese Climax Edition before the value tanks. Although the steelbook is pretty cool.
Yes, Bayo 1 is getting a physical release in the West on Switch this September (30th I believe) for $30.

The Climax Edition from JP will drop a tiny bit, but the set is unique enough that you may want to consider holding onto it.

Is there an English option for the Japanese version?

Don't know, but I presume it will be along the same lines as the first one (which I don't know off hand). Often the UI can be changed, but the games can not. So it depends on the games and the person if that matters or not. Though if it gets hacked, then that's no longer really an issue.

So my AI Somnium CE still didn't ship and I ordered it weeks ago. I contacted Amazon CS and the rep told me the order was "stuck in limbo" and I needed to cancel and order again or the order would probably eventually be cancelled on their end. So I cancelled, ordered again and it shipped like 4 hours later.

I was lucky it was still in stock or I'd have lost out on it. Has anyone ever had that happen before? Very weird. Where an item I ordered never shipped but was still long in stock after I ordered it.

wario tweeted they maybe $199.99 & 259.99 just like the horizon bundles, no special editions announced with just a SB AND OR ARTBOOK unfortunately!

I'm curious as to what will happen tomorrow... like will it go live at all retailers at the same time or do we have to play the guessing game?

I'm waiting on that genesis mini 2 to be officially announced for the US market!
It’s live to preorder on Amazon, but they are doing it really really weird. It’s being sold through Amazon.jp as the seller (but on the actual us Amazon.com) and shipping is $21. No idea why they’re doing it that way. But it comes out to almost $140 with tax…

It's 9:05 AM CST and the Jotner edition is already showing sold out. I've been checking since 9 AM and not sure it went up exactly at 9 before taking a few minutes break to check again. This is gonna be fun.... 

God of War Ragnarok live on PlayStation Direct now. Collectors Edition is $200, Jotnar Edition is $260. I grabbed a Jotnar Edition.
Edit: And literally as my post goes up the Jotnar Edition goes out of stock.

nah its still up. just have to log in
Thanks for making me check again to be sure I was logged in because it's definitely back. Got an order in! But it actually was out of stock for a minute.

EDIT* It's so nice that Sony's website doesn't just crash due to a high demand product.

EDIT* Also nice they limited it to 1 per person off the get go.

It was for sure out of stock when I posted it. I was logged in and the Jotnar had the out of stock verbiage on it. Glad it came back and some were able to grab it. My preorder is secure.

Sent this to my brother as he doesn't have PS Plus and he said it doesn't work. I tried it myself and hitting preorder just shows 'something went wrong'.
in other words, it sold out and the system hasn’t caught up.

1ae5f35772449407bc2d5aa89e732de0.jpg

I’m jealous as this maybe a European exclusive SB bt this is fire mannn…

Yes. $25 down for Jotnar. Maybe extreme but its up on the website now anyway. But probably better in store to avoid porch pirates or mangled box delivery.
Thanks for the confirmation. I was able to stop in on my way to work and secure the CE, so now I can cancel my online order.

Will this really be it? Feels like there weren't a lot of them available. Thankfully I was able to get a order in on ps direct but would have preferred bestbuy.

Is the Jotnar just the vinyl and a few more trinkets? Not saying the CE is great with just that paperweight but these limited editions are simultaneously too expensive, since it’s a random assortment of cheap crap, and too cheap, since even a good 1:6 scale statue goes for $400+ standalone these days, to be worthwhile.

Is the Jotnar just the vinyl and a few more trinkets? Not saying the CE is great with just that paperweight but these limited editions are simultaneously too expensive, since it’s a random assortment of cheap crap, and too cheap, since even a good 1:6 scale statue goes for $400+ standalone these days, to be worthwhile.
Vinyl, a ring, and 3 pins for $60 smackers. That purdy yellow box too.

bread's done
Back