2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Got notification that my Soul Hackers 2 (Game, not CE contents) has shipped from Atlus, H2) Logistics is handling shipping it looks like.  I also have the JP Collector's Edition already paid for and being shipped via DHL from Japan (Still $20 cheaper than the NA CE).  WIll post a pic or 2 when it gets here.

As for the Harry Potter CE:
I like the IDEA of the floating wand, the still photos make it look very cool.  However when the CM took it out of the packaging in the video I was really not impressed by the glossy plastic look (and I am sure feel) that both the wand and book have.  And for $300, that is WAAAAAY too much. 

I feel like a better alternative would have been to remove the electronic floating wand, and make the book a leather-bound (Or vinyl to keep it animal friendly) guide/tome for the game. Could have probably charged $250 and sold a lot more IMO, but hindsight is 20/20 and I don't have their budget/marketing.
While I am very interested in this game, I am going to have to wait and prolly look for it on Black Friday next year.

Edit: and as someone else online pointed out, there are SO many in-universe things they could have included, diff "House" editions since most HP fans love repping their house, Hogwarts letters on parchment, clothing items (A cloak, patch, pin, hat for your house), and of course NOT putting the CE in some type of stylized trunk is just such a miss especially for $300

Gotta say, Game Pass basically forcing my hand to go digital has been the best cure for buying overpriced CEs. The industry as a whole will need to strongly reevaluate what works in the market, because this stuff is on its way out.

You gotta be kidding me? Scalpers are going to buy this is crazy. They aren't going to sell this at all. Especially at a premium price st which no one wanted to pay at msrp.

NISA charging soon for Trails of Zero. Honestly forgot all about that.
Hate how early they charge but that's better than charging when you order I guess... but man, got a lot of expenses coming up over the next week. Just got charged charged for the Ramza Bring Arts figure, and then got a bunch of CEs coming up (Last of Us, Made in Abyss, Azure, TMNT Cowabunga, Dusk Diver 2).

Also really thought I was over my nostalgia toy pick ups but picked up the Power Rangers Ascension Dino Megazord (which shipped like a month earlier so got an unexpected charge).

Still the only way I'll buy this remake. I'll try, but won't pay $70 for a standard edition.
Last of Us is a top 5 game for me and even after seeing ALL of the pictures, trailers, etc... I literally only saw one point where I was actually impressed (Tess' facial expression). I'm getting the game but wow, this is one of those purchases that I'm judging myself for. And even though I would still consider the original a top 5 even without the MP, it's crazy to me that it's not included here... (not an online MP fan but actually love LoU online MP).

I want to put my faith in ND, given that they've consistently delivered time and time again for like 2 decades but this remake was obviously a marketing decision. I realize Part II was prob a marketing decision too but it definitely hit hard at some points. But if they wanna milk the franchise, I feel like a prequel would have been a better option. Let people see what happened between the introduction to when you actually start the adventure in LoU (e.g., what Joel/Tommy did, how Joel met Tess/their adventures).

I think the market is more geared towards new players and eventually people who watched the HBO series. If you played TLOU2 recently and then played TLOU1, you will see that movement in TLOU1 game has not aged that well.

I rather all companies do it the day I order. I had square uk collect the money day one for my newest order. i wish that was a option everywhere

Hate how early they charge but that's better than charging when you order I guess... but man, got a lot of expenses coming up over the next week. Just got charged charged for the Ramza Bring Arts figure, and then got a bunch of CEs coming up (Last of Us, Made in Abyss, Azure, TMNT Cowabunga, Dusk Diver 2).

Also really thought I was over my nostalgia toy pick ups but picked up the Power Rangers Ascension Dino Megazord (which shipped like a month earlier so got an unexpected charge).

Edit: Fake

This guy someone how got an early copy

https://twitter.com/JuanFco360HD/status/1563606786283823105

This guy someone how got an early copy

https://twitter.com/JuanFco360HD/status/1563606786283823105
Can someone explain to me why people take pictures in such odd settings...? Like, you're taking a picture of a game, why are you taking them outside? Why not inside on a table? Like I'd get it being outside if it was something related to an outside activity but this is one of those things I don't get about social media.

The comics are the size of the game case? That’s not great for the extra premium
Yeah, kind of bummed about that... was hoping they were just standard sized comics.

The comics are the size of the game case? That’s not great for the extra premium
I thought the product page was a little obvious that everything was in the outer box. What I'm disappointed in is the steelbook design. That art does not really match previous steelbooks.

Goth both copies of my Soul Hackers 2 CE's on the same day. 

US version has the extras shipping in September (Much like the Xenoblade 3 extras).  Because of a weak Japanese Yen the JP collector's edition with DHL shipping cost even less than the full price of the US collector's Edition.

The JP one is very nice, the 3-disc music collection is in a full dvd case and the artbook is pretty decent as well

[attachment=37239:FbHBzb8VQAUmFAa.jpg].

I was about to get disappointed I didn't know about the Soul Hackers 2 CE...  as I tend to get every SMT CE that has come out in the US.  Then I looked it up and saw how much it was, and what you got for that $200.  Lol.  I'm good.

I spend $200 a pop for pairs of shoes I hardly wear. to put it in perspective.

I thought the product page was a little obvious that everything was in the outer box. What I'm disappointed in is the steelbook design. That art does not really match previous steelbooks.
The product page shows that the outer box is quite a bit larger than the Steelbook, which is completely different from the pics in the tweet. Either the tweet is fake, or the product page is misleading.

FU2KfgNX0AUEyP8.jpg

Honestly, I don't understand why people are so excited to play TLOU again. The combat was so clunky and AI horrible that I've never felt the need to replay it. If you want the story again, watch the cutscenes or show I guess.

On a similar note, Wrath of the Lich King Classic pre-patch starts tomorrow. I'd be 100% skipping it if not for the fact when it launched I was burned out on WoW and skipped the expansion entirely. So despite knowing better, I'll be a hypocrite on this one because while not exactly excited I feel I owe it to myself to at least not skip it entirely again since it was the peak of the game. There goes two months again. . . :wall:

Honestly, I don't understand why people are so excited to play TLOU again. The combat was so clunky and AI horrible that I've never felt the need to replay it. If you want the story again, watch the cutscenes or show I guess.

On a similar note, Wrath of the Lich King Classic pre-patch starts tomorrow. I'd be 100% skipping it if not for the fact when it launched I was burned out on WoW and skipped the expansion entirely. So despite knowing better, I'll be a hypocrite on this one because while not exactly excited I feel I owe it to myself to at least not skip it entirely again since it was the peak of the game. There goes two months again. . . :wall:
I found the first LoU and First 3 Uncharted games kinda clunky. I main on Xbox, so the PS controller has always been weird for me. I played Uncharted for the first time going through all 4 back to back and found 4 to be the best.

To me TLOU is more about story, atmosphere than just gameplay. I agree the gameplay isn't great. Wasn't in Uncharted either. But the Elle/Joel pairing is one of the best duos in gaming history. Their relationship and bond is what made the game great to me. Take those two out, and replace them with cookie cutter bland characters and TLOU 2 goes from a top tier game to decent game with amazing visuals(for its time).

Because of that, you can probably guess my thoughts on TLOU2.

I never understood why people say Uncharted/LoU are clunky... I never had any issues with the aiming/gameplay. I mean, I haven't touched the games in a while but even when I played them back in the day, the controls nor gameplay never bothered me. But at the same time, I cannot for the life in me play 95% of fighting games so maybe my hands aren't as sensitive as some peoples but are slow/have bad reaction time. 

FYI, TMNT Cowabunga Collection LE for NS and PS4 are available on Amazon if anyone needs them. 

I never understood why people say Uncharted/LoU are clunky... I never had any issues with the aiming/gameplay. I mean, I haven't touched the games in a while but even when I played them back in the day, the controls nor gameplay never bothered me. But at the same time, I cannot for the life in me play 95% of fighting games so maybe my hands aren't as sensitive as some peoples but are slow/have bad reaction time.

FYI, TMNT Cowabunga Collection LE for NS and PS4 are available on Amazon if anyone needs them.
I see TMNT up for Xbox on Target and Walmart.

Crazy how when last of us part 1 first came out I thought it looked great. Now after the remake it makes the original look like tellale walking dead lmao. Newcomers and those who revisit it will definitely be more immersed. People be complaining about the $70 price tag but just buy it when it’s on sale. Current gen games are $70 now. I wouldn’t pay $70 for the standard but for a steelbook edition u bet a collector like me would pay a bit more for it lol

There has never been a game that simulates moving an unwieldy ladder or plank as well as the last of us. I associate the game with a rather bad time in my life, so I want to reopen those wounds and re-experience how many ladders and planks can be moved in full HD while collecting a bunch of things that don’t really matter for a half baked crafting system. So excited … 😜

I had to restart TLoU 4 times before it hooked me.  However, when it did, I loved every minuted of the experience.  I for one am stoked to play it all over again with the updates.

Did anyone receive their TMNT Cowabunga Collection today and actually get one that didn't have a badly dented/crushed outer box?  Best Buy shipped mine in a sturdy shipping  box, but it still arrived crushed.  Every copy that has an actual photo on Ebay also looks damaged.

Did anyone receive their TMNT Cowabunga Collection today and actually get one that didn't have a badly dented/crushed outer box? Best Buy shipped mine in a sturdy shipping box, but it still arrived crushed. Every copy that has an actual photo on Ebay also looks damaged.
I just ordered an Xbox copy from Walmart. I'll find out Friday.

Did anyone receive their TMNT Cowabunga Collection today and actually get one that didn't have a badly dented/crushed outer box? Best Buy shipped mine in a sturdy shipping box, but it still arrived crushed. Every copy that has an actual photo on Ebay also looks damaged.
I don't know how it happened, but I did and from Amazon. Maybe because I ordered one for the PS5 and one for the Switch and they kept each other from moving around the box. The box looked like it hadn't taken any abuse. These happened to be large enough that even Amazon didn't try to throw them in a plastic bag.

How are people feeling about their Diofield Chronicles EU Switch orders for the steelbook??

It's odd that the Diofield Steelbook reveal trailer on Amazon DE literally shows it with a disc slot, yet the steelbook is Switch exclusive on Amazon Germany?? 

With the ugly EU rating sticker, the hard-to-resell nature of EU games in the US (Because of the aforementioned ugly sticker), and the performance of the game on Switch in comparison to that of the PS4 for the demo (Even though the game does not look that intense) I am REALLY on the fence on this one. 

I love the steelbook, but it really doesn't look like NA is getting it all, Even through the Square Enix store.  Making it an either now-or-never moment I think.

How are people feeling about their Diofield Chronicles EU Switch orders for the steelbook??

It's odd that the Diofield Steelbook reveal trailer on Amazon DE literally shows it with a disc slot, yet the steelbook is Switch exclusive on Amazon Germany??

With the ugly EU rating sticker, the hard-to-resell nature of EU games in the US (Because of the aforementioned ugly sticker), and the performance of the game on Switch in comparison to that of the PS4 for the demo (Even though the game does not look that intense) I am REALLY on the fence on this one.

I love the steelbook, but it really doesn't look like NA is getting it all, Even through the Square Enix store. Making it an either now-or-never moment I think.
What I typically do in situations like this is keep the order, keep the steelbook, and give the game away as a holiday present, so I don't just end up eating the extra cost for the game.

My TMNT Cowabunga Collection LE was delivered today. I've never had a game arrive early before. 

I'm not entire sure I want to keep it though... too many CEs and the amount of games I'm not gonna play is beyond excessive now. 

Looks like my previous posts of the guy who got the Firefly Edition early is fake. Comics are full-size:

https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1565170591195447296

I love the steelbook, but it really doesn't look like NA is getting it all, Even through the Square Enix store. Making it an either now-or-never moment I think.
I ordered from Square Uk and shipped to a forwarder. i took the hit now while the dollar is up and order tactics ogre too. i think they will have ps4 steel book cases.

bread's done
Back