2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasnt even aware of a SH2 CE... but Im not even upset I missed it because there is just something extremely meh about the whole game. 22 hours in and I have yet to be impressed by anything.

Did you get email confirmation?

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
Also curious about this... I have a copy at Target (well... maybe, given how Target seems to be hit or miss) for like $50 thanks to some sale/coupon and would be sweet if it came with a steelbook.

Yeah I got a shipping email and it says Soul Hackers 2 collectors edition. So I’m assuming it’s the rest of the stuff.
Odd... nothing for me. Order even says unfulfilled.

exactly! What the hell is the difference between this and the regular Royal that came before it? is it just post DLC stuff added to it now?
See I’m curious of this also. Is there a reason to buy this for PS5? I have a Royals for PS4 already. Maybe just buy it for Switch to show support? 🤷🏻‍♂️

$35 shipping…lol, no to that.
And it's a soft CE where they'll ship the CE contents later... crazy. I think they're picking up some tricks from LRG.

EDIT* For anyone that just wants the standard version, looks like Target has a YMMV offer for $10 giftcard for spending $50 on videogame which works on the P5 Royal PS5 version.

https://www.target.com/p/persona-5-royal---playstation-5--no-aasa/-/A-87420052

EDIT2* Offer says $10 off of $50 but looks like it's actually for a $10 giftcard when item ships, if you spend $50 on videogames.

https://store.nisamerica.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Atelier

Atelier Ryza 3 LE is up. NISA wised up a little a bit and didn't price exorbant amount like Atelier Ryza 2

I might be missing something but I don't think this is really a better value vs Ryza 2. You're getting an "artbook" (if it's anything like the Ryza 2 CE artbook, it's only like 50 pages), some folder, plastic standee and costume DLC. So it's $10 less but also doesn't have a cloth poster like Ryza 2.

NISA CEs are the worst CEs in the industry. I'm finally skipping it. Had enough with their worthless paper product garbage for 200% markup

And it's a soft CE where they'll ship the CE contents later... crazy. I think they're picking up some tricks from LRG.

EDIT* For anyone that just wants the standard version, looks like Target has a YMMV offer for $10 giftcard for spending $50 on videogame which works on the P5 Royal PS5 version.

https://www.target.com/p/persona-5-royal---playstation-5--no-aasa/-/A-87420052

EDIT2* Offer says $10 off of $50 but looks like it's actually for a $10 giftcard when item ships, if you spend $50 on videogames.

I might be missing something but I don't think this is really a better value vs Ryza 2. You're getting an "artbook" (if it's anything like the Ryza 2 CE artbook, it's only like 50 pages), some folder, plastic standee and costume DLC. So it's $10 less but also doesn't have a cloth poster like Ryza 2.

I'm trying to understand this... so atlus is mailing you a plain plastic base case copy, and then 1-2 months later sending you a steelbook and a bunch of trinkets. So this is not a collector's edition, it's buy a base copy and pay us for a bunch of crap.

I'm trying to understand this... so atlus is mailing you a plain plastic base case copy, and then 1-2 months later sending you a steelbook and a bunch of trinkets. So this is not a collector's edition, it's buy a base copy and pay us for a bunch of crap.
We've had soft CEs before (Woflenstein New Order Panzerhund Edition, FF7 Remake 1st Class Edition). Usually a box with all the CE contents but no game, and then the game is just the standard whatever version you order (PS4 or 5, NS, etc.).

Not sure how Atlus will do it but I ordered Soul Hackers 2 CE, and received the game a while back but... no word on CE contents. I think Atlus will be fine, I'm more worried about the Xenoblade 3 SE.. I could see Nintendo sending a bunch of contents in a bag.

It definitely seems to be more common these days to not put it in the box any more. Just saves more money I suppose. Sell it through your own store, make one CE box that you can pair with any version of the game to save on unsold copies and so on.

Somehow instead of Bestbuy, Walmart got the dib on Gotham Knights steelbook as a preorder bonus. If this anything like Guardian of the Galaxy, Walmart may have a few leftover to give out by Black Friday time.

If we could be honest with ourselves, if we ever opened our CEs, having a game packaged inside a box with “a bunch of crap” would make absolutely no difference to whether we wanted to buy it.

It’s actually when a steelbook is packaged separately when I get interested. Usually cheaper that way.

The thing that finally stopped me from the CE train has been the cost. Used to be every CE had a statue I didn’t have space for. Now for the same prices it’s just paper goods I still have no space for.

Somehow instead of Bestbuy, Walmart got the dib on Gotham Knights steelbook as a preorder bonus. If this anything like Guardian of the Galaxy, Walmart may have a few leftover to give out by Black Friday time.

Thanks. That was the kick in the pants I needed to cancel that CE that is way too expensive. I'm still interested in the game.

Looks like it's out of stock already. The Guardians of the Galaxy Steelbook was a clusterfuck. First order arrived damaged. Second order never even came with the Steelbook, even though it was on my confirmation. Not even going to bother trying for the GK one.

The games are up, but I don't think it's adding the Steelbooks to the orders anymore. Pretty sure there should be a separate line item for the Steelbook

We've had soft CEs before (Woflenstein New Order Panzerhund Edition, FF7 Remake 1st Class Edition). Usually a box with all the CE contents but no game, and then the game is just the standard whatever version you order (PS4 or 5, NS, etc.).

Not sure how Atlus will do it but I ordered Soul Hackers 2 CE, and received the game a while back but... no word on CE contents. I think Atlus will be fine, I'm more worried about the Xenoblade 3 SE.. I could see Nintendo sending a bunch of contents in a bag.
Atlus will be fine? I mean with how they packed the Soul Hackers in a little box i am surprised it made it to me in one piece.

Fire Emblem Engage Elyos Collection up on Amazon JP. 2 links, one with preorder bonus and one without

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/2200630100998/dp/B0BDKSH63Q
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/2200630101056/dp/B0BDKQGLQL

Only $95 for me after choosing priority shipping. Now hopes exchange rate stays the same or jpy goes lower in 4 months
Thanks for posting this! Ended up going with standard shipping for $87 all in. Thanks USD/Yen exchange rate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These ces with no games or contents shipping later ain’t collectors editions to me, it’s just company’s getting people to buy extra gaming merch that cost Pennys on the dollar

These ces with no games or contents shipping later ain’t collectors editions to me, it’s just company’s getting people to buy extra gaming merch that cost Pennys on the dollar
I feel that way too. I bought the Nier one since I love the series but can care less about the ones like Soul Hackers/Namco/other SE bundles. I am hoping the Xenoblade one at least has a spot to put the original game case in to make it "complete" since it was originally supposed to be together.

It makes the most business sense to separate game and CE extra for their own webstore.  Namco, Square Enix, IF, and Atlus are all going to be doing it.  The only one not doing that is NISA.

I just got back and was able to pre order 3. 1 for me and 1 for each of my daughters who love the series
Same, I bought 5 for my 3 daughters and 2 boys. Also I got 5 more for my Nephews. They're all super fans of FE series.

Thanks for the post, swung by on the way home. Can't break the Fire Emblem CE/LE streak I've had since Fates (Or technically Awakening if you count that artbook that was stupidly hard to get)

Welp Bamco shafted NA
276be99de44a0ed51d13b3dacb3599bf.jpg

bread's done
Back