2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been in this group since 2009. I've always bought my kids video game systems and CE's of FE and zelda. They are all grown now but they still like playing them a lot.
I’ve been a part of this group for a long time too, and I’ve always bought my nephews, nieces, and third cousins fourth removed video game systems and games they love. Now that they’re older and even have spouses of their own, I still buy them everything they love because I’m not buying myself multiple copies to sell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been in this group since 2009. I've always bought my kids video game systems and CE's of FE and zelda. They are all grown now but they still like playing them a lot.
I think it just comes off weird sounding and like you’re bragging.

Letting us know you were able to pre-order in store is helpful, but why feel the need to tell us you did 3 and got your grown kids copies?

Y’know how we feel about scalpers in here and how difficult it is to acquire these. I think that’s what irks some folks on here.

I think it just comes off weird sounding and like you’re bragging.

Letting us know you were able to pre-order in store is helpful, but why feel the need to tell us you did 3 and got your grown kids copies?

Y’know how we feel about scalpers in here and how difficult it is to acquire these. I think that’s what irks some folks on here.
Understood. The only thing I ever resold was a Destiny 1 CE for a little more than cost and that was back on it's release. My wife, kids and I all play games together. They are in their 20's now but we still have fun doing it. It was more of a fyi that you can order more than 1 if you have friends, etc you play with that would want a CE too. I called one daughter who's away at college and another that's a nurse and they both were really happy is if they were still pre teens

I know the square store is overpriced and expensive shipping charges. But do they at least deliver quality shipping for that? If I order the Diofield CE, can I expect it to arrive undamaged?

My Soul Hackers 2 CE contents shipped this AM but there's no indication that UPS picked it up yet... but it's something, I guess.

My Nier Replicant CE came beat up to high hell.
Mine came with a huge gash/cut on it (from when they opened it from the shipping package/container).

Thank you for the heads up. The fine print says the steelbook without the CE does not include a game disc. Easy pass on this then. Giving someone a physical case that’s empty is petty and insulting. I’ll give up on buying any CE ever again if that’s how game companies are going to be.

Also surprised MSRP of the base game is $50 and there’s no mention of a $99 or so gold edition steelbook like every other modern AC game.

Edit: this looks like a fake CE, meaning the game is sold separately. The listing shows $90 of trinkets and the $60 deluxe edition is separate. This may change of course into a real CE at a later time.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-5/products/assassins-creed-mirage-collectors-case-gamestop-exclusive/351448.html

The FE CE on the nintendo store changed its description from "releasing in 2023" to "sold out". Not sure if they went live over night or if the just did a weird update to the listing.

The FE CE on the nintendo store changed its description from "releasing in 2023" to "sold out". Not sure if they went live over night or if the just did a weird update to the listing.
It must be an update. If it actually went live Wario64 would’ve posted about it.

You can still preorder it in store at GameStop which is what I did today.

I still have a conspiracy theory that SE/Namco stopped doing games packaged inside the CE boxes because of FFXV copies that ended up missing from the CE that were probably taken from scalefast employees 

What’s the deal with the Crisis Core steelbook in the US? I still haven’t seen any updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My guess (and fervent hope) is that an exclusivity deal with a retailer is being finalized and we’ll hear about it within the next month. I’m hoping for GameStop because I already have Crisis Core paid off there and it would be consistent with their having had the Remake Intergrade steelbook for preorders.

My guess (and fervent hope) is that an exclusivity deal with a retailer is being finalized and we’ll hear about it within the next month. I’m hoping for GameStop because I already have Crisis Core paid off there and it would be consistent with their having had the Remake Intergrade steelbook for preorders.
Which intergrade steel book preorder are you referring to? The deluxe edition for PS4?

Which intergrade steel book preorder are you referring to? The deluxe edition for PS4?
Intergrade is the PS5 version—this is the steelbook I meant:

final-fantasy-vii-remake-intergrade-steelbook-01.jpg

I don't know if it's going to be retailer specific... the fine print on the tweet says "offer available at select retailers and locations only" which makes me thing it'll be offered to a few retailers.

Intergrade is the PS5 version—this is the steelbook I meant:
final-fantasy-vii-remake-intergrade-steelbook-01.jpg

Oh that’s rad! I never knew about that. I own the PS4 deluxe version and the best buy exclusive trinkets. I got intergrade on sale for about $30 since I really didn’t want to double dip on the same game. Hence I never preordered the PS5 edition. Would love to be able to find that steelbook!

Oh that’s rad! I never knew about that. I own the PS4 deluxe version and the best buy exclusive trinkets. I got intergrade on sale for about $30 since I really didn’t want to double dip on the same game. Hence I never preordered the PS5 edition. Would love to be able to find that steelbook!
Unlike BestBuy, GameStop doesn’t charge for the preorder steelbook if you return the game, so there’s likely to be loose copies around of it without the game.

Best Buy, Amazon still haven't added Persona 5 launch edition and no one besides Gamestop in store has put orders up for FE Engage Divine Edition.

Unlike BestBuy, GameStop doesn’t charge for the preorder steelbook if you return the game, so there’s likely to be loose copies around of it without the game.
I mean there's definitely loose copies sitting around but unlikely that you'll want them since the steelbook wasn't individually shrink-wrapped. The copy I got had a few major scratches and pretty much most copies I saw on eBay for the few months after release were all mostly damaged, ranging from a few notable scratches to major dents/chips. I'll never understand why they would ever make a SB that's not shrink-wrapped... metal on metal is bad news.

Of course the copy I imported from Amazon DE was individually shrink-wrapped but somehow arrived in worse shape due to their crap packaging.

I mean there's definitely loose copies sitting around but unlikely that you'll want them since the steelbook wasn't individually shrink-wrapped. The copy I got had a few major scratches and pretty much most copies I saw on eBay for the few months after release were all mostly damaged, ranging from a few notable scratches to major dents/chips. I'll never understand why they would ever make a SB that's not shrink-wrapped... metal on metal is bad news.

Of course the copy I imported from Amazon DE was individually shrink-wrapped but somehow arrived in worse shape due to their crap packaging.
Even more irritating to me is damaged steelbooks INSIDE sealed collectors editions. My PS4 Spider-man CE and PS4 Ghost of Tsushima CE both had spine cuts on the steelbook, which was mint otherwise inside the sealed CE box. Clearly someone involved in packaging did it prior to shipment. I contacted both companies during the launch periods and both 'ghosted' me on getting it replaced.

Even more irritating to me is damaged steelbooks INSIDE sealed collectors editions. My PS4 Spider-man CE and PS4 Ghost of Tsushima CE both had spine cuts on the steelbook, which was mint otherwise inside the sealed CE box. Clearly someone involved in packaging did it prior to shipment. I contacted both companies during the launch periods and both 'ghosted' me on getting it replaced.

My Ghost of Tsushima Steelbooks also has a line down the spine, it sucks to see damaged items within a sealed product

well best buy doesnt charge for the preorder steelbooks. if you want to buy it separate you can. or if u want to buy it later you can too and if you buy it with the game its free.

well best buy doesnt charge for the preorder steelbooks. if you want to buy it separate you can. or if u want to buy it later you can too and if you buy it with the game its free.
If you buy the game with the steelbook from Best Buy but later decide to return the game, Best Buy is supposed to charge you "full-price" for the steelbook.

Feels like Dead Island 2 is going to sell horribly and the CE will be 50% discounted within a few months. There was no build up to this at all. News went silent for years on the game, and they kinda sprung its release date out of nowhere.

Feels like Dead Island 2 is going to sell horribly and the CE will be 50% discounted within a few months. There was no build up to this at all. News went silent for years on the game, and they kinda sprung its release date out of nowhere.
Every game they've ever put out was mediocre at best. The fact any of their games get hype is mind-boggling.

bread's done
Back