2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Valkyrie Elysian game and steelbook from BB yesterday in a box and Diofield and Steelbook from Amazon DE today in a hard paper mailer. Luckily everything was fine considering the trip. It was waiting for me with the rest of my mail, so I presume it was USPS.

Xenoblade should be here next week =D

Sure is busy suddenly lol

Got Valkyrie Elysian game and steelbook from BB yesterday in a box and Diofield and Steelbook from Amazon DE today in a hard paper mailer. Luckily everything was fine considering the trip. It was waiting for me with the rest of my mail, so I presume it was USPS.

Xenoblade should be here next week =D

Sure is busy suddenly lol
Same for me from BB (Valkyrie Elysian), and AmzDE (Diofield). My Diofield was shipped in a thin cardboard/thick paper, and luckily no damage as well - was delivered by DHL.

Bayo3 trinity maskerade up on BB as of 10:34am est.

Anybody willing to trade their xeno 3 S.E for the bayo3 S.E?

Got my Xenoblade 3 CE, it shipped on Wednesday. It is very nice and have a decent weight to it.

attachicon.gif
20220930_182530.jpg

attachicon.gif
20220930_182541.jpg
That does look very nice, tracking shows I should get mine on the 6th. I finally managed an order in the second wave, big selling point for me was the steelbook.

NOA could have made this less painful to get, but I think I will be happy with it!

That does look very nice, tracking shows I should get mine on the 6th. I finally managed an order in the second wave, big selling point for me was the steelbook.

NOA could have made this less painful to get, but I think I will be happy with it!
With NOA, I'm just grateful I was able to get one. Even with the ones that are available at all retailers, it seems like you just never know with their CEs... they all sell out early and then after release, some still have stock issues and others are super easy to find (like Metroid Dread).

At least they stopped making CEs NY store exclusives.

Got mine today, really nice outer cardboard box they put it in. However, there's no room in the CE box for the retail game, womp womp.

Anyone who ordered two copies of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (initial wave) get theirs yet and if so how were they packed? I'm seeing a small cardboard box but also pictures of a copy wrapped in a bunch of bubble wrap. I checked out quickly with two in my cart but nervous since the actual regular games came in dented.

Best Buy STILL hasn’t shipped my Valkyrie Elysium steel book. Anyone else having the same issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who ordered two copies of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (initial wave) get theirs yet and if so how were they packed? I'm seeing a small cardboard box but also pictures of a copy wrapped in a bunch of bubble wrap. I checked out quickly with two in my cart but nervous since the actual regular games came in dented.
I got two copies (same reason as you, just get it and worry about it later) and both were basically floating at the bottom of a box too big for them with bubble bags in varying states of inflation and the chain of bags stuck to the tape on the outside. The good news is they shipped them in individual shippers that were form fit perfectly and with a high point cardboard. If your copies show up damaged, it's only because UPS played full contact football with the boxes. However, I think you'll be fine.

I got two copies (same reason as you, just get it and worry about it later) and both were basically floating at the bottom of a box too big for them with bubble bags in varying states of inflation and the chain of bags stuck to the tape on the outside. The good news is they shipped them in individual shippers that were form fit perfectly and with a high point cardboard. If your copies show up damaged, it's only because UPS played full contact football with the boxes. However, I think you'll be fine.
🤔

Well I'm not thrilled about the too big a box given recent firefly issues, but hopefully mine arrive in the form fitting box yours did. 🤞

Got mine today, really nice outer cardboard box they put it in. However, there's no room in the CE box for the retail game, womp womp.
I believe ordinarily the game cart would have just been straight in the steelbook - that’s how xenoblade 2 SE was. There was no retail game case.

I think due to manufacturing constraints the delay for the CE just resulted in them tossing in a retail copy of the game with full case, but normally that would not have been there.

Just received my diofeld chronicles from Amazon Germany from dhl and thank god I paid for the gift wrap cause it came with the game and steelbook shrink-wrap together

Did xenoblade chronicles 3 CE ever go on preorder for Japan or Europe?  I haven’t missed a CE for any of the series until now and just hoping Nintendo restocks or a foreign one goes up.

No clue. The tracking number linked is the same one that they used to ship the games back in August.
That's what I thought but they actually list the two tracking numbers right next to each other with the older one first. May want to double check and see if there's a second one there

Well, I'm back in town and had tons of good packages and 1 bad one waiting for me. 

Diofield PS5 from Amazon DE was shipped in a chipboard mailer and I'm guessing the package was inspected by customs, because they sliced open the shrinkwrapped game/SB case. No damage to the game itself but the SB has a cut on the bottom. :bomb: Kind of annoyed because it doesn't seem like the item has any damage otherwise. 

Valkryie E steelbook was shipped in a nice box and arrived safely at least. And everything else I ordered was fine (even got a new game from GS that's actually new!!). 

My XC3 arrived several states away on October 1st and hasn't moved. Hopefully it gets scanned again soon, I have an estimated date for Wednesday

That's what I thought but they actually list the two tracking numbers right next to each other with the older one first. May want to double check and see if there's a second one there
Ooh you're right, thanks for the heads up, missed it completely. Package weight is 9 lbs. That sounds heavy enough so I'm hoping it's actually 2

In my case, I went to buy it, but my BB didn't have the game. It only received several steelbooks. I asked if they could sell it without the game, and the cashier was more than happy to sell me a few.  If someone need it, I'll visit my BB, tomorrow. 

I got a “review your preorder information” email from Best Buy about the Forespoken steelbook. The game doesn’t come out until January so I don’t know if this is in error or if they’re shipping the steelbooks early.

Well, I'm back in town and had tons of good packages and 1 bad one waiting for me.

Diofield PS5 from Amazon DE was shipped in a chipboard mailer and I'm guessing the package was inspected by customs, because they sliced open the shrinkwrapped game/SB case. No damage to the game itself but the SB has a cut on the bottom. :bomb: Kind of annoyed because it doesn't seem like the item has any damage otherwise.

Valkryie E steelbook was shipped in a nice box and arrived safely at least. And everything else I ordered was fine (even got a new game from GS that's actually new!!).
My Diofield Switch from Amazon DE is maybe supposed to be delivered today. Also worried (given the delay) that it was cut open to be inspected and the SB will be damaged, especially since it's long since sold out. Seems most people had theirs ship in a stupid cardboard vacuum envelope so that....blows.

Ooh you're right, thanks for the heads up, missed it completely. Package weight is 9 lbs. That sounds heavy enough so I'm hoping it's actually 2
Mine also said 9 lbs (ordered 2 during first wave madness) so I'm hoping it actually includes the two I paid for. Supposed to arrive today but worried about how well it was/was not packed...I did see some people (on ResetEra) had their (single) copies show up in just a form fitting box and thus some dented corners and others with the form fitting box inside a larger box with almost no packing (ala FireFly) so tense day of waiting for the my friendly neighborhood UPS truck...

I got a “review your preorder information” email from Best Buy about the Forespoken steelbook. The game doesn’t come out until January so I don’t know if this is in error or if they’re shipping the steelbooks early.
Considering how many times it's been delayed it wouldn't surprise me if it did ship early

Hope BB or someone gets a steelbook for a preorder bonus… the fact EA is using LRG like their a small time publisher and treating dead space like it wasn’t a big IP around 2010 is crazy esp for the horror genre

Anyone else get a "your item is gonna ship soon" email from BestBuy for the Forsaken steelbook..? Seems odd the game doesn't come out for like another few months. 

The Valkyrie Elysium steelbook is so nice that I had to pick up another, single copy that I found on the store shelves today.   One of the best in recent years.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Did I mention that I love these $9.99 steels?  O:)   Maybe I shouldn't be as hard on BB as I've been lately; then again this is just about the only thing Best Buy is doing properly these days. 

The Valkyrie Elysium steelbook is so nice that I had to pick up another, single copy that I found on the store shelves today. One of the best in recent years.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Did I mention that I love these $9.99 steels? O:) Maybe I shouldn't be as hard on BB that I've been lately; then again this is just about the only thing Best Buy is doing properly these days.
Beautiful indeed. Kept the steelbook but returned the game. The demo turned me off the game hard.

Anyone else get a "your item is gonna ship soon" email from BestBuy for the Forsaken steelbook..? Seems odd the game doesn't come out for like another few months.
I hope this means they just ship the steelbook now, thinking about keeping the steelbook and waiting for the game to drop in price. $70 is a lot to drop on based on the little gameplay they have shown.

Yeah, glad I got this one too. I messed up by not jumping on that Skywalker saga steelbook though, ugh.

The Valkyrie Elysium steelbook is so nice that I had to pick up another, single copy that I found on the store shelves today. One of the best in recent years.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Did I mention that I love these $9.99 steels? O:) Maybe I shouldn't be as hard on BB that I've been lately; then again this is just about the only thing Best Buy is doing properly these days.

Was supposed to get my XC3 today. UPS truck pulled up, didn't deliver anything. Asked the driver and he said the truck was supposed to have the package but it wasn't on the truck. Hopefully it's not lost and I get it tomorrow.

I cancelled and ordered again too, although if it was first come first serve, I could see that backfiring and only the initial preorders got them. Who the hell knows.

Is there an actual difference between the Fire Emblem Engage Divine Edition and Japan’s Elyos Collection? They appear to be the same exact thing.

bread's done
Back