2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Was supposed to get my XC3 today. UPS truck pulled up, didn't deliver anything. Asked the driver and he said the truck was supposed to have the package but it wasn't on the truck. Hopefully it's not lost and I get it tomorrow.
Funny, similar issue with mine... it's at the local facility as of yesterday and is still showing up for delivery today, but there's no update. UPS came and went, delivering something else from Target but no Xeno 3 CE.

Isaac's helmet is cool. Would be nice beside my Doom and Titanfall helmets... but 275... dang. And if I remember correctly, lrg charges when you place order.

I decided I don't want Gotham Knights and I'll just pickup the steelbook on ebay or something down the road if I can. I think the game looks bad and at that price, I don't want to pay $75 for a game I won't play and a steelbook.

Yeah, Gotham Knights looks bad. It’s giving me Marvel Avengers vibes o_O
Without the live service stuff. It's been called an open world single player game with co-op added to it. It does have gear to craft and loot, but isn't a live service game. Also, you can't change characters mid-playthrough. Not much like Avengers at all outside of having better gear to go after.

Anyone here pre-order Star Ocean from Amazon? There have been reports of delayed emails. I got one yesterday as well for late November. But their item page didn’t change the release date and there’s no known delays that I’ve seen.

Anyone else get a "your item is gonna ship soon" email from BestBuy for the Forsaken steelbook..? Seems odd the game doesn't come out for like another few months.
They never changed the date on the steelbook. Expect a delay email at some point.

Chaos Head Noa/Chaos; Child Day 1 Edition came in today.  Comes with Steelbook and code for costume DLC.

[attachment=37383:IMG_20221007_184613.jpg]

Yeah it's the same though the German one has the ugly USK logo on the game case. I think UK is more expensive since they add tax though.
I have a German order in and my total comes to 56.11 Euros, which is about $55 (42 euro for game, 10 euro for shipping, 5 euro for taxes)
On Amazon UK after currency conversion the price is about $65 with shipping but before including tax (Which I am assuming will be at least $5). So right there you are looking at paying at least $15 more.

I got the Diofield Chronicles from Amazon Germany and was very hesitant because I was worried about the size of the USK logo on the box, but once I got the game in hand (I posted pictures a few pages back) I realized it wasn't as big of an issue as I originally made it out to be (Although the back of the box IS in German if that matters).

You can always replace the insert with a US one from Etsy or Ebay if it is that much of an issue. I realize this is only my preference but I wanted to help out with any information I can!

Did Bestbuy sell the Valkyrie Elysium SB standalone? Seems like they do for most games but not all of them... just haven't been around much these past few days so not sure if they this was one of the former or latter. 

Did Bestbuy sell the Valkyrie Elysium SB standalone? Seems like they do for most games but not all of them... just haven't been around much these past few days so not sure if they this was one of the former or latter.
Bestbuy.com? No. But I did find one of the shelf by itself last week for $9.99, which does happen. I bet they are often pickup orders that didn't get picked up. Those get cancelled after 7 days. Or the occasional extra one shipped to the store randomly. When rare steels turn up in-store like that, they are never available online.

Purchasable web listings don't happen often or frequently which is why I always buy them stand-alone for $9.99 when the listing first becomes available by itself, like Crisis Core did two weeks ago.

I find them at stores all the time. You just gotta go in and check. The best time is one week after the game releases. You can even ask the cashiers when you see stuff behind them in the hold bins. Twice I've been offered to buy stuff that way. That's how I got my Persona 5 Strikers steels. One chick offered me the PS4 steel when I was checking out with the Switch version steel. Just gotta be friendly to the cashiers and ask. You'd be surprised how often I've gotten, "well, actually...." in response.

🤔

Well I'm not thrilled about the too big a box given recent firefly issues, but hopefully mine arrive in the form fitting box yours did. 🤞
I got mine earlier this week and it was indeed 2 of them. Recieved in great condition, hope yours was too

Anyone ever reach out to customer service on Amazon DE? Curious if I can send a message in English or if I have to use German. Amazon Japan takes English so curios if other regions do. 

Try and see. Many Germans take English as a second language.
Most of the European Amazon entities actually use the same customer service call center located in India. I know I had an issue with a purchase from Amazon.DE last year and the person that helped me actually was pretty fluent in spoken and written English.

Far Cry 6 Gold and Ultimate for PS5 are both $20 each at Gamestop, Pro membership required

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Exactly why I always buy the PS4 version of games that have the free upgrade... even though I will probably never play them on the PS4. I like having the option. This is also one of the reasons why I prefer MP games on the Xbox, but their memory expansion costs too much and my PS5 has an extra 2TB compared to my Xbox, so I have bern buying most MP games for the PS lately.

I started to buy PS5 releases because I like having as much content on disc as possible vs a download... but I guess, I dunno if that's the case with these releases that are on PS5. Is the PS5 upgrades on the PS5 disc? Or is the PS5 disc just nothing more than a superficial change from the PS4 disc? 

i bought elden ring for ps4 instead of ps5

i had to wait 5 hours for it to download

never again unless its way cheaper

I started to buy PS5 releases because I like having as much content on disc as possible vs a download... but I guess, I dunno if that's the case with these releases that are on PS5. Is the PS5 upgrades on the PS5 disc? Or is the PS5 disc just nothing more than a superficial change from the PS4 disc?
The PS5 discs hold actual PS5 specific content.

Is there a compilation of all the Pokémon Scarlet/Violet steelbooks? At one point I think I saw some Korea exclusive ones and I feel pretty lost on what exists.

Exactly why I always buy the PS4 version of games that have the free upgrade... even though I will probably never play them on the PS4. I like having the option. This is also one of the reasons why I prefer MP games on the Xbox, but their memory expansion costs too much and my PS5 has an extra 2TB compared to my Xbox, so I have bern buying most MP games for the PS lately.
I got sick of the ps5 constantly trying to install ps4 versions of stuff, so lately I’ve just been getting the PS5 discs instead.

Pretty annoyed that Logitech g920 (Xbox only) is $200 but Logitech 923 (PlayStation only) is still 300+ Unless g920 is the same as Logitech g29 just different platform then it makes sense.

bread's done
Back