2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty annoyed that Logitech g920 (Xbox only) is $200 but Logitech 923 (PlayStation only) is still 300+ Unless g920 is the same as Logitech g29 just different platform then it makes sense.
Logitech naming convention is a pain in the ass.

I think G29/G920 are the 'same' wheels from the same generation (2015), just G29 is the PlayStation version and G920 is the Xbox version. Not sure if there are true compatibility limits between consoles.

G923 is the newest model (2020), and can either be purchased as either an Xbox style or PS style. Not sure if the style actually restricts the console compatibility, or if it's just aesthetics.

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/driving/g923-trueforce-sim-racing-wheel.941-000147.html

FWIW, reviews seem to say it's not worth upgrading to the new wheel: https://simracereviews.com/reviews/logitech-g923/

Isaac's helmet is cool. Would be nice beside my Doom and Titanfall helmets... but 275... dang. And if I remember correctly, lrg charges when you place order.
They charge when you place your order, and you’re going to pay a lot in shipping for something like this. This is going to cost $300+ after taxes and shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you still get the Valkyrie Elysium steelbook by ordering online? It’s showing in the listing for the game.

Can you still get the Valkyrie Elysium steelbook by ordering online? It’s showing in the listing for the game.

That image may still be attached to the game listing, but no separate steelbook gets attached to the cart if you add the game, so I wouldn't count on getting the steelbook at the moment.

That image may still be attached to the game listing, but no separate steelbook gets attached to the cart if you add the game, so I wouldn't count on getting the steelbook at the moment.
I’ve noticed there are some stores near my that say they have the steel book? I’m guessing these are people who never picked them up or extras? Can they be purchased?

I’ve noticed there are some stores near my that say they have the steel book? I’m guessing these are people who never picked them up or extras? Can they be purchased?

How are you able to check store inventory for the steelbook? When I look on the page it just shows a "Not for individual purchase" grey button. No mention of store availability.

How are you able to check store inventory for the steelbook? When I look on the page it just shows a "Not for individual purchase" grey button. No mention of store availability.
You can't. best buy changed the site and made everything extremely difficult. The only way I know how is texting a friend who's on shift and they can check internally.

you can just call the store and ask them for the specific steelbook. i picked up valkyrie elysium steelbook by just asking the checkout person if they had any in stock. i don't even have the game, waiting for a discount on it.

If you click on the listing for the steelbook and search for in-store pickup, the app will tell you if any stores near you have any in stock. I just typed in my zip code, and the app shows that the steelbook is in stock at a few stores near me. I’d just call them and ask if they actually have it, and if they do, ask if you can purchase it.

My Full Metal Daemon Muramasa CE arrived today.  I know VNs aren't the most popular genre on the planet, but this might be the best CE I have ever gotten.

The whole thing comes in a solid wood box/container (Weighs about 7 lbs).  Top lifts up to reveal the vinyl OST and a physical copy of the game (You also got a digital copy at time of purchase), beneath that is an embossed artbook, and beneath that is a coat.

Quality control was excellent with this, and the game is incredible as well, if you have any interest in VNs I highly recommend checking it out (JAST store had the CE if any are left in stock)

[attachment=37402:IMG_20221012_172651.jpg]

If you click on the listing for the steelbook and search for in-store pickup, the app will tell you if any stores near you have any in stock. I just typed in my zip code, and the app shows that the steelbook is in stock at a few stores near me. I’d just call them and ask if they actually have it, and if they do, ask if you can purchase it.

Thanks! This worked, was able to check the app for a store that had them and just asked the employee to sell me one!

Anyone able to order from FNAC to the US?
I remember they cut-off preorders to US after a while for those two, kinda like how EU Amazons sometimes send to US, sometimes don't. I think there's like limits to how much they can export or something (so that EU customers aren't left without stock).

So I tried to swap my damaged Diofield Steelbook/game back to Amazon DE and they're reimbursing ~8 euros for return shipping. USPS says return shipping is $25. DHL shows $100. Don't get why they don't actually offer anything close to what return shipping costs.

So I tried to swap my damaged Diofield Steelbook/game back to Amazon DE and they're reimbursing ~8 euros for return shipping. USPS says return shipping is $25. DHL shows $100. Don't get why they don't actually offer anything close to what return shipping costs.
That's funny. I received a damaged Diofeld steelbook from them too. I'm pretty disappointed. Didn't need to buy this game right away for any other reason. They offered me like $8 reimbursement or else return the package.

Diofield-1.jpg

That's funny. I received a damaged Diofeld steelbook from them too. I'm pretty disappointed. Didn't need to buy this game right away for any other reason. They offered me like $8 reimbursement or else return the package.
Alright, wow that's WAY worse than mine. I did email them and they gave a response that said ignore the 8 Euro return, just to send proof of return shipping. USPS says it's about $26 for me to return the game to Germany w/ tracking included IF I ship via click and ship (online). But after seeing yours, I'm worried my replacement will come in worse shape....

EDIT* well my decisions been made for me, it's sold out. X_X

I am lucky my Diofield steelbook is fine.  But now I am not sure if I want to take a chance on Octopath Traveller 2.

Boy Nintendo of Japan screwed up lol. Recieved my xc3 from them and it included a game with steelbook and soft cover book. And I already received the game before when they shipped the game first.

Does anyone know how walmart returns with preorder bonuses work? I want the Gotham Knights steelbook but I am clearly overpaying for the game at full price. I don't want to buy the game at full price.

I had something damaged once and they made me return it. I reordered with gift wrap and it was in a box instead of a paper envelope but there was no protection at all other than it being inside of a gift bag inside a big empty box lol 

I had something damaged once and they made me return it. I reordered with gift wrap and it was in a box instead of a paper envelope but there was no protection at all other than it being inside of a gift bag inside a big empty box lol
Hm... a box without any padding or a paper envelope... tough choice.

Catching up on this thread makes me realize just how much I don't miss chasing CEs anymore. Switching to digital has been a life changer.

Catching up on this thread makes me realize just how much I don't miss chasing CEs anymore. Switching to digital has been a life changer.
It depends on what you collect. People gotta stop buying the crap. Western AAA IP's have been especially guilty lately.

My purchasing has been more focused and streamlined than ever. It's easy. Only the good sets for me. Which happens to be mostly JP stuff and under $100. $60 import steelbook on a game that was already on my radar or wishlist? done. $100 Nintendo first-party collector's box? easy-peasy. NISA steelbook + soundtrack + chipboard art box for $100? Put my name down immediately. After looking at a group picture of goods included in the CE, and briefly considering the price, you should know in about an instant whether or not you need to own the set. It should be a gut reaction.

I can't believe how many people buy these reprehensible bookcase-piece PVC statue editions for $260-$300. Most are gauche and don't even display nicely. Whose sole purpose and inspiration was to gouge your fandom, not create a tastefully designed set.

Anyone who bought No Man's Sky for PS5 last week is going to have a "collector's item" on their hands. It's being recalled due to the cover not having the games name on it. Best Buy already turned off sales for the copies sitting in stores and took it off their site.

bread's done
Back