2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the Persona 5 royal steelbook edition will be most rare for the Xbox version - It’s sold out everywhere.

Switch is the most readily available one looks like.

Same. I called and they gave me $20 refund. But I went ahead and reordered another game with steelbook. When it shows up I’ll keep whichever looks better and return other with game to store. 

Looks like the Persona 5 royal steelbook edition will be most rare for the Xbox version - It’s sold out everywhere.

Switch is the most readily available one looks like.
Got my Xbox copy in today and it escaped the damage 2 steelbooks last week got. I'm sure I'll keep it sealed since it's rare and on game pass.

Got my Xbox copy in today and it escaped the damage 2 steelbooks last week got. I'm sure I'll keep it sealed since it's rare and on game pass.
I'm curious what the market for Series X/S games years down the line. Seems like most everyone that has a Series X/S also has GamePass and simply don't buy physical copies of games. Even looking at the original Xbox, it seems like some of their most pricey games simply don't match the priciest PS2 or GC games. It seems like the collector market for XBox family is not the same as Nintendo or PS family for whatever reason. I could also be completely wrong on this since I haven't really followed the Xbox family since mid-way through the 360 days.

I mean your Series S won't even play physical disc so huge population is locked from physical, the digital only PS5 is rarely in stock.

Even with some rare games like Attack on Titan 2 Final Battle, the Xbox version is selling for less.

I'm curious what the market for Series X/S games years down the line. Seems like most everyone that has a Series X/S also has GamePass and simply don't buy physical copies of games. Even looking at the original Xbox, it seems like some of their most pricey games simply don't match the priciest PS2 or GC games. It seems like the collector market for XBox family is not the same as Nintendo or PS family for whatever reason. I could also be completely wrong on this since I haven't really followed the Xbox family since mid-way through the 360 days.
I agree. That's an interesting thought experiment.

I never played 360 but I eventually bought an R2D2 machine in LN condition and assembled a collection of jrpgs, shmups, and noteworthy, seminal titles (like Fallout, Halo, & Gears). Haven't touched them since then. But I always like having the 20 to 40 pantheon titles for each console.

That basically went away with the Xbox One. No more interesting imports and indies.

I still can't believe it took Cuphead 5 years to make it onto physical disc.   Western gaming has all but sabotaged physical media manufacturing and distribution.  They always wanted "to take over the living room" with a set-top streaming box (Microsoft), all the way back since 2001 and it's just now starting to come to fruition.  As well as command the entire digital distribution pipeline of PC gaming (Valve).  Back when HL2 required a mandatory Steam install and running process in about 2004. 

Imagine that.  It took them 20 years, but they finally made it. 

It's a good thing that Microsoft has done an industry-leading good job in other areas like Smart Delivery.

I like to get CEs for Xbox since that's why I play and I keep most of them.  I want to keep getting stuff for Xbox, so I'll support the platform.  lol indeed.

It's a good thing that Microsoft has done an industry-leading good job in other areas like Smart Delivery.
Smart Delivery is a pain for physical Xbox games. I wish I can just buy Series X disc and not Xbox One games that I need to download.

NIS sent out an email yesterday afternoon that Trails into Reverie CE is under 50% stock. Last time with Trails Azure that meant it only lasted another day or two.

Your going to have better luck trying to import them from Europe off EBay by now. I had to do that for RE R2 as that book sold out before launch and if BB did a restock it was super small. I was able to get in the 1 restock on the RE 3R Steelbook at BB. Thankfully Village and RE 4R CE's included the Steelbook unlike the previous 2 (when RE 7 also had the Steelbook, strange.)
Just got the RE2 steelbook from a seller on eBay for $24 shipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wario just tweeted about the Genesis Mini 2 still being in stock at Amazon. No way this thing doesn’t get marked down after its release. I think the mini console craze has peaked.

Wario just tweeted about the Genesis Mini 2 still being in stock at Amazon. No way this thing doesn’t get marked down after its release. I think the mini console craze has peaked.

I've read that tweet three times over the months. Each time they want some absurd $19 for shipping from Japan.

nope.

crazy what this business world has become. Pass the buck onto consumers when it comes to EVERYTHING.

It was available to preorder for quite a while across all three consoles

I saw a post on some Reddit thread last night that GS cancelled someone's extra orders and emailed them that they are limiting it to one per household. They said they made two separate orders (for 1x PS5 CE) using their own account, one for themselves and one for their roommate but I wonder if GS would have cancelled if they only made 1 order and their roommate made a separate order using a separate account.

I've read that tweet three times over the months. Each time they want some absurd $19 for shipping from Japan.

nope.

crazy what this business world has become. Pass the buck onto consumers when it comes to EVERYTHING.
Cheaper to order it direct from Japan with Amazon Japan, though it is has been sold out there for a while

..When does walmart actually charge you for your purchase? I think I might have gotten a free game at this point. Preordered gotham knights and bought it on release date, still not charged.

..When does walmart actually charge you for your purchase? I think I might have gotten a free game at this point. Preordered gotham knights and bought it on release date, still not charged.
I believe they batch process charges. I've had things I preordered from them finally hit my credit card as long as two weeks after shipment.

Ordered 2 more copies of Gotham Knights that said +steelbook and didnt get one to replace the smashed on I got originally. Boo.
mine came in perfect shape surprisingly, but I don't know if I want to keep this game at $77 after tax. probably won't even play it til next year and it'll be at least half price by then.

NIS always charges for preorders nowadays. moment you order, you are charged
That's not correct if you use a credit card or PayPal. They generally send a reminder e-mail 3-4 weeks out with the date they will be charging. Having said that, I don't recall getting a reminder for Ys VIII and it just charged my PayPal today.

That's not correct if you use a credit card or PayPal. They generally send a reminder e-mail 3-4 weeks out with the date they will be charging. Having said that, I don't recall getting a reminder for Ys VIII and it just charged my PayPal today.
Yeah that’s why I made the post b/c they didn’t send a notice & I had to look to see what the charge was.

Question for anyone who has pre-ordered a CE before and moved before it shipped. My GOW Ragnarok Jotnar edition is going to end up shipping from Best Buy to my old address where someone else lives now. Since it is sold out on Best Buy I can't change the address. Anyone know if there is anything I can do to get it other than drive to that address the day it is supposed to be delivered?

Question for anyone who has pre-ordered a CE before and moved before it shipped. My GOW Ragnarok Jotnar edition is going to end up shipping from Best Buy to my old address where someone else lives now. Since it is sold out on Best Buy I can't change the address. Anyone know if there is anything I can do to get it other than drive to that address the day it is supposed to be delivered?
I believe Best Buy uses UPS or Fedex to deliver packages right?

You may be able to get UPS/Fedex to change the address, either through their email that they send you upon shipment (UPS/Fedex will send you an email in addition to Best Buy) or possibly through a brick & mortar store.

I know I have been able to redirect Best Buy packages to a UPS/Fedex store in the past, but it has been a little while since I have done that.

Sadly Best Buy doesn't seem to let you change anything other than cancel if an item is sold out
So I JUST got my Fedex email about my Bayonetta 3 CE being shipped from Best Buy, there is an option to redirect the package on the email.

You should get the exact same email when your GoW package ships.

[attachment=37433:fedex.png]

My Bayo 3 CE from Target showed up. They actually packed it pretty damn well (seems like most of my stuff from Target's been very well packed this past 2 months vs how it was for most of the year.

So I JUST got my Fedex email about my Bayonetta 3 CE being shipped from Best Buy, there is an option to redirect the package on the email.

You should get the exact same email when your GoW package ships.

attachicon.gif
fedex.png
That just gives you the option to hold your packages (very hit/miss) or have the package held at a store (either a FedEx or a store that can handle some limited FedEx services) wherein you have to prove your identify/address like state ID/driver's license. The store pick up option is pretty decent with one exception- how long they'll hold it. They say they'll hold it 5 business days but I had a store receive it on Tuesday and ship it back Monday (4th business day). I called FedEx and they sent it right back to the store so I ultimately got it. But before you try any of that, you might wanna just call BestBuy and see if they can't just hook you up with an addy change.

Wow. I'm shocked. I did a pre order of the Bayonetta 3 CE from Walmart and just got notified it shipped. No news from Target, Amazon or Gamestop. Guess I'll cancel them all lol

Wow. I'm shocked. I did a pre order of the Bayonetta 3 CE from Walmart and just got notified it shipped. No news from Target, Amazon or Gamestop. Guess I'll cancel them all lol
BB once again screwing me over by telling me my Bayo 3 CE is NOT READY for pickup

Last time this happen BB didnt come through and I didnt get the game from them(I had to scramble quickly to find another place, I think Target, to find the game) fuck

EDIT: well sh!t, my order is ready for pickup. Just as i was about to lose faith on BB

I've been trying to cancel a Bayonetta CE at gamestop all week, but they must have it locked because it errors.  Whatever.  Will just go return it in local store.

Got my Bayonetta 3 CE today from Best Buy. Came in a box with no packing material. Came in good condition though. Bigger than I thought it would be. I thought it would be Metroid Dread special edition size, but it's like twice as big.

bread's done
Back