2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding it to the cart will trigger the steelbook--my preorder clearly lists the extra steelbook separately.
Bet thanks. Does bestbuy do preauthorization charges? Or do they just charge when it ships?

I see what happened now. I had the standard and the $100 version both in my cart guess they limit u to one steelbook which I think is good

Whelp, none of those editions appeal to me so guess it's just a standard preorder from BB to flip the steel. Then again, probably overproduced so won't really sell high enough to be worth it. Might just go through Target for Red Card OR if they have a B2G1 sale with it included.

Whelp, none of those editions appeal to me so guess it's just a standard preorder from BB to flip the steel. Then again, probably overproduced so won't really sell high enough to be worth it. Might just go through Target for Red Card OR if they have a B2G1 sale with it included.
I’m hoping for a b2g1 soon that includes SF6. Seems like it’s the only game they added so far in their site along with Wild Hearts

The SE Store exclusive FF XVI steelbook, in my opinion, looks better than Best Buy’s. Too bad shipping is $20; my God.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I.....don't even want that statue.  The art box is asdf'ing sweet though!  and would great in a detolf next to the FFXV Ultimate Collectors Edition box.

I'm still waiting for them to release a package or a bundle with all of the pixel remasters that released on Steam last year.  I guess that we have the series 35th anniversary coming up in just nine days on Dec. 18!  I expect some sort of compilation set to be announced then.   It better not be price gouged for $300+   But seriously, put those pixel remasters on a PS disc set.  and Switch.

and put a final Street Fighter V complete edition on physical disc / cart, ya dinguses.   It's over; you milked it till the end.

I'm still waiting for them to release a package or a bundle with all of the pixel remasters that released on Steam last year. I guess that we have the series 35th anniversary coming up in just nine days on Dec. 18! I expect some sort of compilation set to be announced then. It better not be price gouged for $300+ But seriously, put those pixel remasters on a PS disc set. and Switch.
This, and also announcing the FFIX remake and/or FF Tactics remaster from the NVidia leak to finish that off.

Star Wars Jedi Survivor CE at LRG.

An absurd $300. Hard pass. Comes with steelbook and light saber hilt replica, but no blade.

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/star-wars-jedi-survivor?dt_id=88413
I don't know it's that absurd. A hilt, at least a good quality one (current FX, legacy or Ultra Sabres), is going to be $200-249 w/o blade, sometimes more depending on character. Maybe consider the extra stuff (steelbook, Obi-Wan DLC) plus $90 MSRP for the Deluxe version. So to me, its not that far off unless you wait for the eventual price drop on the physical.

I wonder what type of quality and if there will be basic sounds included. There is not much info in the description of the sabre. Anyone have any experience with LRG's physical extras?

I'm still hoping for a Soul Calibur 6 complete edition...and hoping that in the future Guilty Gear Strive gets one, but I doubt it. At least these fighting game companies are helping me save $$$.
True once I have a vanilla copy of the game I wait for a complete edition and don’t usually buy season 1 pass or season 2 pass. I want em all in one

I put one of the big Play Arts figures (with the bike) in my cart to get an estimated shipping cost of FF XVI CE and it was $35.99. Given that the JPN one is about $280, I bet ours will be $300. That ends up being about $360 total for me with tax.

Not a CE, but switch crisis core steelbook pre-order bonus in stock at Bestbuy.  Know that selling out initially caught a few people off guard.  I believe the switch steelbook is switch size with a cart insert instead of the standard G2 that has been used for some other recent switch releases.  No ps4 or ps5 steelbook restock stock yet.  In other news, got my PS5 copy plus steelbook early!  Too bad I can’t start it anytime soon though.

Not a CE, but switch crisis core steelbook pre-order bonus in stock at Bestbuy. Know that selling out initially caught a few people off guard. I believe the switch steelbook is switch size with a cart insert instead of the standard G2 that has been used for some other recent switch releases. No ps4 or ps5 steelbook restock stock yet. In other news, got my PS5 copy plus steelbook early! Too bad I can’t start it anytime soon though.
G2 size was delivered today in a box. No damage.

Callisto CE finally shipped from Skybound. They took their sweet time. PS5 and X1 still in stock with them. I'll update when it's in. Saw a video on the sketchbook and it's just a 4 page comic and not much of an artbook.

Not a CE, but switch crisis core steelbook pre-order bonus in stock at Bestbuy. Know that selling out initially caught a few people off guard. I believe the switch steelbook is switch size with a cart insert instead of the standard G2 that has been used for some other recent switch releases. No ps4 or ps5 steelbook restock stock yet. In other news, got my PS5 copy plus steelbook early! Too bad I can’t start it anytime soon though.
I think it is sold out again not seeing in cart.

Seems like most of these new larger CEs are getting released at $250-$300 prices, and at those prices I am out, even for game series I am a fan of.  Would much prefer a $100 CE with steelbook, soundtrack and art book.

Gotta love stolen packages. Guessing there’s no way to get that $ back

Just contacted the retailer and they said they’ll contact the carrier. There was a proof of delivery pic but they didn’t ask for signature. If I don’t receive it within 48 hours they said they’ll refund me. Not gonna get my hopes up lol

Seems like most of these new larger CEs are getting released at $250-$300 prices, and at those prices I am out, even for game series I am a fan of. Would much prefer a $100 CE with steelbook, soundtrack and art book.
For $100, you can have a steelbook case, game*, soundtrack*, artbook* and DLC content.

*Content is digital, internet required.

Seems like most of these new larger CEs are getting released at $250-$300 prices, and at those prices I am out, even for game series I am a fan of. Would much prefer a $100 CE with steelbook, soundtrack and art book.
I want to wait for reviews first, but it sounds like the CE for wanted: dead will scratch that itch.

It's crazy to me that companies will pull this, and yet NISA is putting consistently putting out $70-$110 QUALITY collector's editions. And those are for series that won't sell 4 million copies. I am honestly surprised more companies aren't doing that smart thing and releasing a mid-tier CE version that just comes with a couple things for $75-$90 (The $100 FF 16 Deluxe edition is a joke and is not representative of my argument).

Base game for $60.
Deluxe edition for $80-$100 that comes with a fancy display box, game, steelbook, artbook, OST.
Special Edition for $175+ that comes with fancier box, game, steelbook, artbook, OST, statue, other trinkets.

It's not that hard, I'll never understand the need to pad out some of these CE's to push the price point over $250. At that point just sell statue's individually (Blizzard has shown with the Overwatch statues that people WILL buy them) and just do a deluxe edition of the game if you want to do a special version.

That Final Fantasy XVI deluxe edition is so disappointing. Final Fantasy VII Remake deluxe edition included a steelbook, mini soundtrack CD, Cactaur DLC and hardback artbook for 79.99, and then there was an Amazon coupon that brought it down to 55.99.

Thought I had secured a switch steelbook for FFVII Crisis Core.  Had it in my cart when I placed the order, gone when I got the order confirmation.

Best Buy support is terrible and just wasted my time, so frustrating.  The page keeps flipping back and forth showing the steelbook included and sometimes not, don't see the point trying to play order lottery again.

Love my Sekiro CE for what? $90? So much stuff and it won GOTY.
Right? $90, for a legit GOTY CE. Actually includes the game, steelbook, metal coin trinkets from in game, statue, Artbook, cloth map. It’s only fault may be that the included soundtrack is digital, and it’s a mini artbook. Still, all that, in a nice CE box, for $30 more. For a great game that will probably not get much other merchandise anytime soon. Takes me back to the days of working design’s CEs.

I.....don't even want that statue. The art box is asdf'ing sweet though! and would great in a detolf next to the FFXV Ultimate Collectors Edition box.

I'm still waiting for them to release a package or a bundle with all of the pixel remasters that released on Steam last year. I guess that we have the series 35th anniversary coming up in just nine days on Dec. 18! I expect some sort of compilation set to be announced then. It better not be price gouged for $300+ But seriously, put those pixel remasters on a PS disc set. and Switch.
Looks like the pixel remasters are coming to switch and ps4

https://twitter.com/stealth40k/status/1602266811818541056?s=46&t=pjI6_UfY-rdE6zBwuyrDwQ

How long does it take for BB to ship an item after it's been moved to "packaging your item" stage?

Square asking $350 for their "Collector's Edition"

[attachment=37586:244647353_2038979439591029_373437906932583910_n.jpg]

I was lucky, I kept refreshing the link Wario said it might be and it popped up a couple minutes early.

My total was $413 in the end 😵‍💫. It comes with the same bonus steelbook Best Buy has.

bread's done
Back