2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally my payment was validated and it said processing order, but it hung and never processed and timed out. I think we all know how this goes. You try for an hour, get nowhere, and they announce sold out. And then tell you you're SOL.

It said congratulations your order was processed and I'll receive an email. I'll see.

Edit: don't see it in my order history yet and no email yet. But it told me it went through and my cart is now empty.

It said congratulations your order was processed and I'll receive an email. I'll see.

Edit: don't see it in my order history yet and no email yet. But it told me it went through and my cart is now empty.
Yea, no email here yet. But I'm not surprised with how slow the site was going.

Thanks for all the emotional support. It went through.

So, anybody struggling what happened to me is it logged me out.

I had to log back in and everything went smooth. Like there was no long processing or loading of pages, just the finalization took a little bit.

I got an email and see it in my order history, but I bought it a minute before the official preorder time. It went up a little bit early.

Ummmm... does it show in your order history? Now, I'm sweating bullets.

Edit: It's showing.

Whew... I'm going to bed. That's enough of a roller coaster experience for me.

It's in my order history now, but still no email.

Edit: Nevermind got my email.

Edit again: apparently it placed two orders. I have two orders in my order history.

Gonna cancel one I guess.

I am not trying to invalidate anyone's purchase, if FF 16 means that much to you I wholly support your purchase.  Yoshi-P has 100% earned his reputation for what he has done with FF14 (I haven't played it, but the sub numbers + reviews speak for themselves).  But this is ridiculous from Square.

Compare this $400+ CE (Almost $500+ if you live in Canada) to either of Elden Ring's CEs ($190 & $260), ANY of NISA's CE's ($80-$120) or any of Persona 5 CEs ($90 for P5, $120 for both Persona 5 Royal editions) and the list goes on.  Just highway robbery IMO for what you get in the package.

I am not trying to invalidate anyone's purchase, if FF 16 means that much to you I wholly support your purchase. Yoshi-P has 100% earned his reputation for what he has done with FF14 (I haven't played it, but the sub numbers + reviews speak for themselves). But this is ridiculous from Square.

Compare this $400+ CE (Almost $500+ if you live in Canada) to either of Elden Ring's CEs ($190 & $260), ANY of NISA's CE's ($80-$120) or any of Persona 5 CEs ($90 for P5, $120 for both Persona 5 Royal editions) and the list goes on. Just highway robbery IMO for what you get in the package.
Also most of the stuff is in a $100 version. That means $300 for a map, some pins, and a statue that looks really plastic. My wallet is thankful it ended up being such an easy pass.

I'm most likely going to cancel, I just wanted to lock in an order and will wait for some unboxing videos to see the statue before I decide. If it's plastic, it's an EASY cancel, and likely is one even if it's resin or a higher quality material. FF is my favorite series though, it's the only reason I'm going to ponder it. If it was some shooter, then forget it. Only a handful of series I'd consider paying that kinda dough for a CE. FF is one.

Anyway, at this rate, we are going to start seeing $500 CEs within a couple years. They keep getting more expensive.

I'm most likely going to cancel, I just wanted to lock in an order and will wait for some unboxing videos to see the statue before I decide. If it's plastic, it's an EASY cancel, and likely is one even if it's resin or a higher quality material. FF is my favorite series though, it's the only reason I'm going to ponder it. If it was some shooter, then forget it. Only a handful of series I'd consider paying that kinda dough for a CE. FF is one.

Anyway, at this rate, we are going to start seeing $500 CEs within a couple years. They keep getting more expensive.
This is exactly my thoughts too. SE does not charge up front, so it is easy to lock in a preorder. I'm hoping to see the statue's size and quality before I decide. But I don't buy many CEs anymore, so I don't mind splurging on a crazy one for an IP I love. The $350 price tag did make me pause enough to be a couple thousand in queue even though I was refreshing the second it went live lol.

After all that drama last night, the FF16 CE is still in stock today. I figured it would last a while in the days leading up to it considering the expected price, then last night's rush made me think otherwise.

I’ve been a huge fan of the FF series since the early 90s, but there is no way in hell I’m spending $350 on the FF XVI CE. That is ludicrous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After all that drama last night, the FF16 CE is still in stock today. I figured it would last a while in the days leading up to it considering the expected price, then last night's rush made me think otherwise.
The traffic from curous shoppers could hammer the site without purchases being made I'm guessing. It's not a sturdy site to begin with.

The traffic from curous shoppers could hammer the site without purchases being made I'm guessing. It's not a sturdy site to begin with.
And when deal or in stock alert accounts like Wario put it out on social media, you'll have tens of thousands of people flood a site at the same second in addition to the people already checking in because they knew when it would be in stock.

My issue with these things isn't getting beat to the punch. If someone checks out faster than me, more power to em. But if companies are going to announce time and place to pre-order their item, they should be responsible enough to have their site handle the traffic. And if that is an impossibility, then don't announce the time and place. Every single time a big name series CE gets the time announced ahead of time, the sites crash. I can't remember an instance it didn't. Hell, even Amazon.com crashed during the initial amiibo rushes when they were announced ahead of time, and that's freaking Amazon.

You'd think companies would learn not to announce these things, and put it up at random, but alas.

Does anyone know if the Octopath II steelbook in Europe is the same as the one Best Buy is giving away with preorders?

Nvm, it’s the same steelbook.

On Crisis Core steelbook, I decided to try my luck at a local BB after missing out online. They didn't have any, but the clerk was able to order me one at no extra cost. It did seem like I got lucky and if I'd gotten the other clerk that seemed new it probably would not have worked out.

Is the FF16 CE sold out? I can add to cart but can't check out, says there's a validation error on my card which doesn't seem right because I used those cards at SE before and they're still valid. 

Is the FF16 CE sold out? I can add to cart but can't check out, says there's a validation error on my card which doesn't seem right because I used those cards at SE before and they're still valid.
It was a crap show yesterday as bots and scalpers crashed the SE website. People had to 'checkout' dozens of times before orders worked. I doubt it's still up or legitimate today.

My friend just ordered one about 3 minutes ago. He used paypal, maybe try that?

On Crisis Core steelbook, I decided to try my luck at a local BB after missing out online. They didn't have any, but the clerk was able to order me one at no extra cost. It did seem like I got lucky and if I'd gotten the other clerk that seemed new it probably would not have worked out.
Lucky. I went to my local best buy to pick my pre ordered steel up today just to be told... They don't have it yet, maybe if I'm lucky tomorrow? Idk weird, got me nervous

Well, i try pricematching my FFXVI Deluxe Edition from best buy to walmart and they actually approved it.  They even give me a reference number but when i look under my bestbuy account it is still 99.99.  In the worst case i preorder at walmart too and i will just refund the best buy one and keep the steel book for $10.   Will end up a net positive either way

My friend just ordered one about 3 minutes ago. He used paypal, maybe try that?
Thanks for the tip! Order went through and got a confirmation email.... Given how I'm ordering days after it went live, guessing it might get cancelled but worth a shot.

How does Paypal work for pre-orders? Do I get charged now or is it the same as credit cards/charged closer to shipping time?

Well, i try pricematching my FFXVI Deluxe Edition from best buy to walmart and they actually approved it. They even give me a reference number but when i look under my bestbuy account it is still 99.99. In the worst case i preorder at walmart too and i will just refund the best buy one and keep the steel book for $10. Will end up a net positive either way
Thanks I was able to as well. The Best Buy email says the credit will be applied after the item is fulfilled but I would just keep the email in case.

Well, i try pricematching my FFXVI Deluxe Edition from best buy to walmart and they actually approved it. They even give me a reference number but when i look under my bestbuy account it is still 99.99. In the worst case i preorder at walmart too and i will just refund the best buy one and keep the steel book for $10. Will end up a net positive either way
How did you get it approved? I was just told that preorders don’t qualify for price matching.

Doesn't matter, it's sold out now. TBH I still wouldn't have ordered one because I'm banking that Target will have a B2G1 sale either soon or next month that will include it and the $10 GC. Much rather have 33% off and $10 over some steel and a cloth map. Done with junk.

The closest store to me tried to give me one of their extra Switch Steelbooks for my PS5 copy and when I said that wasn't the right size the manager just shrugged her shoulders and said that's all we got so I proceeded to do a return on my PS5 preorder. They never offered to order one for me.

I PMed the walmart deal at Best Buy through chat. Spent hours though afterwards trying to fix their screw up.

You see they DID pm the price at $69.99 for the deluxe Final fantasy. What they also did was remove the preorder promos from the price matched order. No one now can seem to add the preorder promo items, yet if I make a new order online myself they automatically add as a free item at checkout. 

I PMed the walmart deal at Best Buy through chat. Spent hours though afterwards trying to fix their screw up.

You see they DID pm the price at $69.99 for the deluxe Final fantasy. What they also did was remove the preorder promos from the price matched order. No one now can seem to add the preorder promo items, yet if I make a new order online myself they automatically add as a free item at checkout.
Usually you can't double dip on promos for these things. You can get a discount for the price match or a discount for the steel book, but probably not both. Best to just order a second with the steel book, then return it minus the cost of the steel book.

Lucky. I went to my local best buy to pick my pre ordered steel up today just to be told... They don't have it yet, maybe if I'm lucky tomorrow? Idk weird, got me nervous
Still no word on mine from BB. The website says they'll let me know when they have one available. Not feeling good about this one folks

I remember when I tried to price match RE3 with steelbook for like $20 and once it was done I even made sure to ask the rep that it still included the steelbook ready for pickup instore and he said yes. Yet I never got the steelbook. I still have nightmares everyday about it to this day

I have an entire store display case dedicated to only Final Fantasy games. I have gotten every CE possible over the past 20 years. This is the biggest price gouging I have ever seen from them. This should be $250 max. Like someone mentioned earlier, the statue looks SUPER plastic. The base looks TERRIBLE. 

Honestly the box art is the most intriguing thing about it. I may just try to find the box only on eBay haha. Hell I'd pay $100 for that alone. fuck that statue though; for that price they should've let F4F make it.

I have an entire store display case dedicated to only Final Fantasy games. I have gotten every CE possible over the past 20 years. This is the biggest price gouging I have ever seen from them. This should be $250 max. Like someone mentioned earlier, the statue looks SUPER plastic. The base looks TERRIBLE.

Honestly the box art is the most intriguing thing about it. I may just try to find the box only on eBay haha. Hell I'd pay $100 for that alone. fuck that statue though; for that price they should've let F4F make it.
One has to be out of their goddamn mind to spend over $400 after shipping fees and taxes. This CE is a joke, and it’s no wonder it’s still in stock.

bread's done
Back