2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I wasn't proactive enough. It's only available on ebay now or resellers on Walmart or Amazon for $111.
A $20 markup isn't too bad IMO if you really want it.

I've got Forspoken ordered for the BB steelbook. If it turns out to be mid, I'll return it and find it on sale later. Cancelling my only Fire Emblem order has crossed my mind. I didn't get far into 3 houses but hear this one is less talky.

Best Buy had that stretch that lasted for a few steelbooks where they allowed you to purchase them individually. Crisis Core had it and a few others.

It doesn't seem they've done that again in a while, have they? None of the more recent ones ever went up for purchase individually I don't think.

To be honest, I'm not sure which company's CE's are truly limited/must preorder nowadays. Atlus is clearancing Shin Megami. God of War is still available. After missing out on Danganronpa and the first round of AI Nirvana, I was happy to get a restock of AI from Spike Chunsoft, but that was reprinted to oblivion and is less than MSRP too. Seems really hard to justify pasting MSRP for a retail release CE nowadays. Best to just wait for a sale.
The first ones that come to mind are NIS America CE's, I don't think they have ever done a CE reprint. It helps that they have a stock-tracker on their website too, you can usually get any of their CE's locked in the first week they go up. After that is way more of a gamble.

On your Atlus point, do you mean Persona 5 royal for PS5/Switch/Xbox? Because they don't have the SMT V CE on the website that one was at big box retailers (and was discounted once iirc, but is now either sold out or limited stock remaining at full price). The Persona 5 Re-Royal CE is just clear management miscalculation in which they producd like 10k of each version and charged more for less goods.

God of War was Sony's 2022 Tentpole, no way they weren't going to try and get as many CEs/merch out there as possible. Hell the Horizon Forbidden West CE keeps popping up every so often.

On the flip side though, the Firefly Edition of Last of Us seems to be extremely rare.

One thing worth noticing is that the GoW and Horizon CE's both did not has a disc while the Firefly Edition did. Might be paranoid but that stood out to me.

The AI Nirvana Initiative CE was a launch fiasco. NOBODY got the first round of that CE, even members of the dev staff had their CEs cancelled on them. In response Spike Chunsoft produced a ton more because of the controversy, so that one is a special case.

Not trying to attack you or anything, just responding to your points. My personal opinion is that NIS America and Nintendo CEs are always a sure P/O from me, and after that it comes down to if the contents justify the price.

The first ones that come to mind are NIS America CE's, I don't think they have ever done a CE reprint. It helps that they have a stock-tracker on their website too, you can usually get any of their CE's locked in the first week they go up. After that is way more of a gamble.

On your Atlus point, do you mean Persona 5 royal for PS5/Switch/Xbox? Because they don't have the SMT V CE on the website that one was at big box retailers (and was discounted once iirc, but is now either sold out or limited stock remaining at full price). The Persona 5 Re-Royal CE is just clear management miscalculation in which they producd like 10k of each version and charged more for less goods.

God of War was Sony's 2022 Tentpole, no way they weren't going to try and get as many CEs/merch out there as possible. Hell the Horizon Forbidden West CE keeps popping up every so often.
On the flip side though, the Firefly Edition of Last of Us seems to be extremely rare.
One thing worth noticing is that the GoW and Horizon CE's both did not has a disc while the Firefly Edition did. Might be paranoid but that stood out to me.

The AI Nirvana Initiative CE was a launch fiasco. NOBODY got the first round of that CE, even members of the dev staff had their CEs cancelled on them. In response Spike Chunsoft produced a ton more because of the controversy, so that one is a special case.

Not trying to attack you or anything, just responding to your points. My personal opinion is that NIS America and Nintendo CEs are always a sure P/O from me, and after that it comes down to if the contents justify the price.
No offense taken and appreciate the thoughts!

I'm more or less referring to "retail" releases. I believe NIS CE's are only on their website, no? I prefer GameStop/Amazon/Best Buy etc. personally as I usually have credit and returns are easy. Although if NIS had something I really wanted I'm sure I'd buy from them. I've checked a few times and nothing stuck out but I do really like their inventory tracker.

And no I'm talking about SMT V. MSRP was $120 and you can get it new for $77 shipped on Amazon right now.

I think it's mainly just the boom of video games since 2020. Before then collectors editions were truly limited print run and rare and now everyone just prints like crazy to make the big bucks.

Honestly maybe everyone else is running out of room too. LOL I've had to start moving some of my collection to other rooms. 

Now im really wondering if I want that re4 ce. I already have it preordered it on Amazon Spain for the steelbook and the re4 ce for 249.99 is alot of money.
Didn't know they had a steelbook and it's the same one and still in stock!

Resident Evil 4 Lenticular Edition : Amazon.es: Video Games

I also noticed that the Stalker 2 CE on amazon is still up for $180. There is an ultimate edition on amazon UK for $300 USD that adds a map, backpack, and lamp. Every edition has a different steelbook.

Forgot to cancel Fire Emblem with Target and they decided to ship today...I may get this early then.

Gonna cancel Bestbuy copy

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Forgot to cancel Fire Emblem with Target and they decided to ship today...I may get this early then.

Gonna cancel Bestbuy copy

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
I honestly had forgotten that I ordered the one from Target. Glad it's coming, but I can see it sitting unopened for a while.

Beware I went into my GS to check on my CE, & I was told they didn’t get enough tarot card decks to cover preorders (they have one set aside for my copy) & now online orders have to go into a store with their order confirmation to get a deck so it’s going to be a free for all to get those decks.

Man, my Fire Emblem from Target shipped and will be here Saturday. But I just got a Gamestop email saying it shipped from them too and is arriving Friday. I don't even remember pre ordering it from them lol.

Mine is showing up from Target today.  Yesterday it said Friday, but got on the truck for delivery this morning.  The video made everything look awesome, plus I've seen plenty that says the game is great also.  Looking forward to it.  

anyone been able to find the divine edition in stores? missed out on the preorders but imma check tomorrow morning
Keep an eye on Best Buy's website at 1am EST tonight/tomorrow morning--they usually have a small allotment of CEs from cancellations on the day of release.

Both Target and BBY shipped my Fire Emblem Divine Edition today, and right now it looks like BBY is scheduled to arrive tomorrow (thankfully it seems they still use next day delivery for some items).

My FE from BB should be arriving today.

For some reason BB had trouble processing my payment for the Forespoken + steelbook. I had to go in and re-process it. Not sure what that was all about.

My FE from BB should be arriving today.

For some reason BB had trouble processing my payment for the Forespoken + steelbook. I had to go in and re-process it. Not sure what that was all about.
same I had to re authorize my payment on forspoken as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this common? I didn't realize they had store only exclusives...
Gamestop last minute changed it for online orders. To low of a stock. They didn't even get enough to cover in store pre-orders. I had to call multiple stores just to find one that would allow me get one if I made it before they ran out. All the stores except the one I got mine at got 5 (mine got 10).

Why is the FE Engage Elyos collection still available on Amazon JP? Is it somehow shittier than the US divine edition despite costing less even after international shipping?

I did get an email making sure that my card is still good but I don’t think I have to do anything for mine though. Wonder when it’ll ship. Shows preparing for pickup today but when I click it it says for Tuesday lol.

got my fire emblem engage divine edtion this afternoon and had to say something about the tarot card deck or i wouldn't of got

Got my Fire Emblem from BB. I have one in store at GameStop, but not sure I even wanna go pick it up tbh. The one I got came in good shape and I don't need two.

Got my Fire Emblem from BB. I have one in store at GameStop, but not sure I even wanna go pick it up tbh. The one I got came in good shape and I don't need two.
dont bother theyre shipping them unprotected. all had some kinda rip or tear on top of usual corner damage

Well this is odd, my FE CE from GS shipped more than 24 hrs ago but the tracking shows up as invalid. I check my order page and it shows up as awaiting stock.... 

Kinda worried right now and really wish I kept my BB order. 

Well this is odd, my FE CE from GS shipped more than 24 hrs ago but the tracking shows up as invalid. I check my order page and it shows up as awaiting stock....

Kinda worried right now and really wish I kept my BB order.
I wouldn't worry. GS has been better at packaging stuff than BB or Amazon for the last 2 years. You may get it a little later than the other places, but at least it won't just be shoved in a box banging around inside.

Went to Gamestop on my lunch break today to pickup my Divine Edition preorder and they even gave me the cards without having to ask. Nice, easy transaction.

Oddly, my Best Buy received them and changed to store pick-up...

Way faster than GameStop, who is barely processing and supposedly shipping tomorrow. LOL

Man, got my GS Fire Emblem from UPS. There's one down. Entire corner is crumpled. Glad I got one in store yesterday but holy shit. Companies need to package these things better. Maybe my Target order will arrive better

I got FE from BB and it was loose in a box with a couple of bubbles. No real damage though.
Same here. Arrived in a box with no air packets inside, but luckily had no damage.

Opening this up, I was really impressed with this. Nice hardcover art back and the best damn steelbook I own (its gorgeous). Can't believe so many people were complaining about it before it released.

bread's done
Back