2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Did everyone here who ordered Like a Dragon for the steelbook at Gamestop cancel theirs when Best Buy came up with it too?

No, I have trade credit at Gamestop I'd rather use.
Man, I'm super out of the loop... didn't realize BBY had the SB too, would rather get it from them since the two times I got GS steelbooks, they were scratched up to all hell. But I also have rewards certs to use up at GS so... prob just gonna risk it with them.

I cancelled my Gamestop Yakuza when BB popped in since it actually shows the steelbook on my order. GS screwed me over with Bayo3/Fire Emblem lately so I don't trust them. 

Does the best buy buy then return game and keep steelbook for $10 still work?
It does, but my store seems clueless on returns and marked the steelbook as returned also the last 2 times. They usually have to call the manager and ask if an unopened game can be returned.

Am I the only who thinks that hogwarts dualsense should’ve been white and gold instead? Anyway not mad that I missed it. Need something better than that. Perhaps FFXVI will have something

I really like the design decision, but that pretty much applies to almost all themed controllers for me. I can find the good qualities in almost all of them. 

On another note, has the Hogwarts Legacy CE dropped down to $99 yet? I figured I would pick it up in the clearance bin since Best Buy still hasn't fulfilled my original order;)

At this point, it’ll be like 90% resellers with this CE. If garbage scalpers are just gonna bot the entire stock It’s not even worth it to collect anymore.
that's just completely made up you don't know how many people are resellers or collectors that are buying

Its a combination of rampant bot/reseller scum and Nintendo once again underestimating the demand of a CE of one of their most loved franchises. Since this is listed as a "Collector's Edition" and not a "Limited Edition", hopefully Nintendo realizes they are leaving a lot of money on the table and print a bunch more.
this isn't an underestimate, nintendo knows, they do it on purpose. They just don't care

this isn't an underestimate, nintendo knows, they do it on purpose. They just don't care
Glad I'm not the only one that thinks so... obviously this is just pure speculation on my part but I've felt Nintendo has been playing the "is it gonna be rare or not?" strategy for a long time. Nearly every single CE they've released during the NS lifetime has sold out during pre-orders but a vast majority of them have been reasonably easy to find post-release... problem is, you never know which ones you actually need to try hard to track down vs which ones are just Nintendo holding back actual allocation #s.

I wonder if Amazon is getting the Tears of the Kingdom CE at this point, and looks like Gamestop won't be doing in-store pre orders for this.
these days, i believe Amazon does it the week of or day of release. They wait till they have the merchandise before selling it, so not to disappoint people like other store(ahem bestbuy) for overselling and thus canceling your order

But i might be wrong. Its been a while since I bought a CE from Amazon. Maybe someone else can back me up on my crazy nonsense lol

Am I the only who thinks that hogwarts dualsense should’ve been white and gold instead? Anyway not mad that I missed it. Need something better than that. Perhaps FFXVI will have something
I wish it was somehow different. Anyone could take a midnight duals ense and put some gold paint on it. I wish the base color was not just another stock dual sense color.

Amazon LE stock will sell out faster than it took to type this sentence. If you even see the listing in stock, that's as close as you're going to get to ordering one from them.

Still don't know what possessed Walmart to do limit 2 on it.

So I have Like A Dragon Isshin reserved at both Gamestop and Best Buy.

Just trying to decide on which one to cancel, I got both in fairly early (Even put the BBY one in before Wario posted about it).  Would rather not get charged and then have to go through all the BS of returning the game + steelbook.  At the same time, hesitant to cancel one because there is always the chance the other store runs out of Steelbooks and then I am SoL.

I wish it was somehow different. Anyone could take a midnight duals ense and put some gold paint on it. I wish the base color was not just another stock dual sense color.
Yeah it sort of seems like an after thought. I wonder how many were made? 10k+ or less?

Amazon LE stock will sell out faster than it took to type this sentence. If you even see the listing in stock, that's as close as you're going to get to ordering one from them.

If anything, I'd wager there's more eyes on Amazon than there is anywhere else- scalpers saw how fast it went everywhere else and are gonna hone in on Amazon for even more and everything that actually wants one likely sees Amazon as their last chance.

Just trying to decide on which one to cancel, I got both in fairly early (Even put the BBY one in before Wario posted about it). Would rather not get charged and then have to go through all the BS of returning the game + steelbook. At the same time, hesitant to cancel one because there is always the chance the other store runs out of Steelbooks and then I am SoL.
No harm in keeping both if you know you can just return one in case it ends up being a disaster. I have it at GS only because I got a ton of rewards/certs to use up so I just kept it there. Plus, of the last 12 items I purchased from BB, I returned 10 of them because they were games I ordered only for the SB.LOL I just feel like I'm up for a ban........ I've never had such a high rate at any retailer and I barely buy anything from BB anymore.

Just trying to decide on which one to cancel, I got both in fairly early (Even put the BBY one in before Wario posted about it). Would rather not get charged and then have to go through all the BS of returning the game + steelbook. At the same time, hesitant to cancel one because there is always the chance the other store runs out of Steelbooks and then I am SoL.
Was trying to decide between those two as well but decided not to pre order. Betting that it won’t be rare. Especially since both retailers have the same steelbook. I’ll try to wait for a price drop and I’d keep both pre orders until last minute if I were u

This makes very little sense to me as well. As quickly as other places sold out: BestBuy in 2-3 minutes, GameStop in 10ish minutes..... why offer less people the opportunity to buy when your allotment is going to sell out in a matter of minutes either way?

Not sure all that much thought went into it, any type of purchase limit is something, and a limit of 2 is pretty standard for various retailers and collectibles.  Doubt it made that much difference.  Don’t the botters have tools that let them keep checking out rapidly over multiple single transactions anyway?

Really starting to regret pre ordering wanted dead CE. Can’t wait for the reviews. That should tell how fast it’ll drop in price
Honestly I can't wait to play this game. I think it looks stupid fun, like how games used to be. Combat looks fluid like Ninja Gaiden, story is hilariously cheesy, characters are a mix bag of degenerates, and so many different art style in the trailer, like why not.

Available on FNAC for anyone that wants this, not my cup of tea with the change in art style so w/e
00480cd5451773c610ff72276fd7d496.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Honestly I can't wait to play this game. I think it looks stupid fun, like how games used to be. Combat looks fluid like Ninja Gaiden, story is hilariously cheesy, characters are a mix bag of degenerates, and so many different art style in the trailer, like why not.
Same the combat should be fun it’s just that the CE just might be available everywhere for a while or the demand isn’t there so it could drop in price quick. Just busy with hogwarts atm and dead space is next. Can’t wait for the nice steelbook of wanted dead tho

At this point, it’ll be like 90% resellers with this CE. If garbage scalpers are just gonna bot the entire stock It’s not even worth it to collect anymore.
As a bonus from not collecting, you save a ton of money and have less clutter. I think CE's get an emotional pass of wanting to support games we value, but in reality they're just shitting on us now. JOIN THE RESISTANCE.

Best Buy shows Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon on the pre-order bonus page, but no bonus.  I wonder if they are getting ready to add the steelbook?

Did like a dragon isshin steelbook become available for individual sale today at bestbuy? I had it saved for later and wasn’t showing as “not available” until today

I’m surprised no one has said anything about the Firefly Edition of The Last of Us Remake for the PC. It may not contain a physical disc, but it has all the contents of the PS5 version and is still in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m surprised no one has said anything about the Firefly Edition of The Last of Us Remake for the PC. It may not contain a physical disc, but it has all the contents of the PS5 version and is still in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. Didn’t even know that existed lol. Also just found out the steelbook doesn’t even have a title on the spine. Bummer.

I was still able to cancel wanted dead from amazon. It seems they are slow to ship out and the game isnt getting good buzz at all. I was hoping it to be better.

I’m not gonna pick up my GameStop pre order of wanted dead CE. Will my deposit stay in the system after they cancel it after 48 hours?

I’m not gonna pick up my GameStop pre order of wanted dead CE. Will my deposit stay in the system after they cancel it after 48 hours?
They are free to sell the CE to anyone after 48hrs but your deposit stays in the system. You can cancel or move it to another preorder.

Not sure who Wario is but I’ve been checking Target everyday and didn’t see it pop until this morning.
the CE was not "searchable" before but today you can search for it

the only way to find the CE was through a direct link which went up days ago

Edit: Also Prime Remastered had been sold out. Low print(i doubt it)??? But today Target added more in stock which i was able to grab

Edit: Also Prime Remastered had been sold out. Low print(i doubt it)??? But today Target added more in stock which i was able to grab
Lame, didn't realize it went up and now it's sold out again. I'm either really off my game or bots are getting really good. Maybe I'm just to old now.

bread's done
Back