2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.theretailequation.com/

Read, learn. Stele is 100% on point.
I called them earlier today... they CS told it's state by state laws determine what they can disclose- which I took to mean they'll only disclose things if they have to. For IL, they can't give my a copy of my records, unless I was given an actual return denial/case number or whatever.

Got my Atomic Heart CE today- is the game included with the CE just the standard copy of the game that I can buy anywhere? I got the PS5 copy but this seems more of a PC game so I wanna sell that PS5 copy and just buy it Steam, unless there's something special about the copy of the game included with the CE.

Wasn't able to lock in a Wo Long preorder for the $10 GC but still managed to secure a copy for pickup. Win I guess [emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Weird. Wo long steelbook ps5 always showed as sold out for me. On app at least. Did get mine from Walmart tho with the $5 off coupon they gave me

Welp, I had a BB associate order me the Octopath steelbook after I picked it up in store (no preorder), and he ordered me the wrong one (I bought the game on Switch, he sent me the PS5 steelbook)...this is going to be a pain to deal with in store.

Welp, I had a BB associate order me the Octopath steelbook after I picked it up in store (no preorder), and he ordered me the wrong one (I bought the game on Switch, he sent me the PS5 steelbook)...this is going to be a pain to deal with in store.
No it won't. Return that and order the Switch one, simple as that. Tell them you want a printed receipt and check to make sure it says Switch before you leave the store.

They're only $10, just order another one if you can afford it. Might be a good collector's item to have them around down the road. Different styles.

Has there been any word on more Metroid Prime Remaster physical? I finally got around to opening my copy from GS and there's a nice, deep gash no the side from a knife (assuming from when they opened the box from Nintendo). 

No it won't. Return that and order the Switch one, simple as that. Tell them you want a printed receipt and check to make sure it says Switch before you leave the store.
They're only $10, just order another one if you can afford it. Might be a good collector's item to have them around down the road. Different styles.
The issue here is that you can't order the steelbook separately online and is no longer bundled with the game, so going to the store is basically the only way to get it.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/scanavo-octopath-travler-ii-steelbook-multi/6527302.p?skuId=6527302

Has there been any word on more Metroid Prime Remaster physical? I finally got around to opening my copy from GS and there's a nice, deep gash no the side from a knife (assuming from when they opened the box from Nintendo).
I'm still waiting for the word to hear that it's a limited product. Besides meaningless blogs reporting whatever people are talking about like its fact. Always perpetuating the scarcity, and getting fans and customers all spun up.

I haven't seen anything from Nintendo saying that printings are going to be limited. In fact, a quick search comes up with multiple results saying that Nintendo is trying to fast track getting more copies into stores ASAP.

"Scalpers set their sets on Metroid Prime Remastered" they say. Well...only because people can't help themselves and are throwing money at the shortage. It's nuts how 'snowball effect' and 'self-fulfilling prophecy' these things are. People get their news from blogs, clickbait, and Youtube. They act desperate, scalpers sense the frantic desperation, and then go "ok, guess I'll go buy those then".

At this rate, stores are going to have tons of extras by Q3. Which will get clearanced out around Christmas. Cuz Nintendo will make too many. Nobody will want them anymore once they are readily available on shelves. The immediacy to buy goes away in a *poof*.

This all also shows how much influence Nintendo wields with their impeccably crafted Nintendo Directs. It's some of the most incredibly effective marketing I have ever seen in my life.

I'm still waiting for the word to hear that it's a limited product. Besides meaningless blogs reporting whatever people are talking about like its fact. Always perpetuating the scarcity, and getting fans and customers all spun up.

I haven't seen anything from Nintendo saying that printings are going to be limited. In fact, a quick search comes up with multiple results saying that Nintendo is trying to fast track getting more copies into stores ASAP.

"Scalpers set their sets on Metroid Prime Remastered" they say. Well...only because people can't help themselves and are throwing money at the shortage. It's nuts how 'snowball effect' and 'self-fulfilling prophecy' these things are. People get their news from blogs, clickbait, and Youtube. They act desperate, scalpers sense the frantic desperation, and then go "ok, guess I'll go buy those then".

At this rate, stores are going to have tons of extras by Q3. Which will get clearanced out around Christmas. Cuz Nintendo will make too many. Nobody will want them anymore once they are readily available on shelves. The immediacy to buy goes away in a *poof*.

This all also shows how much influence Nintendo wields with their impeccably crafted Nintendo Directs. It's some of the most incredibly effective marketing I have ever seen in my life.
Yea, I refuse to pay scalper prices...but Nintendo did "get" me to buy earlier than I had anticipated. Ended up paying $40 MSRP (but I would have preferred to wait to get it around $20-$25 after 6 months).

Yea, I refuse to pay scalper prices...but Nintendo did "get" me to buy earlier than I had anticipated. Ended up paying $40 MSRP (but I would have preferred to wait to get it around $20-$25 after 6 months).
Same. I knew I would want it so pre-ordered in store that next day after it was announced, just in case. To me, it does seem like it's not really going to be limited. Stock keeps showing up regularly, and it seems like Nintendo is churning them out as fast as possible. It seems like resellers are doing their best to keep it scarce by buying them up, but eventually they'll give up, return their hoards of unsold copies to the stores they bought them from, and we'll see a glut of them on the shelves.

Wow, first was able to grab Metroid Remaster and now got shipping notice for my Wo Long Steelbook Edition from DeepDiscount. Good start to a Sunday.:) 

Anyone else not had best buy ship the wo long steelbook edition? Had it preorder and nothing and it's been days now. Starting to think it's going to get cancelled and now it's gone everwhere

I'm still waiting for the word to hear that it's a limited product. Besides meaningless blogs reporting whatever people are talking about like its fact. Always perpetuating the scarcity, and getting fans and customers all spun up...

...At this rate, stores are going to have tons of extras by Q3. Which will get clearanced out around Christmas. Cuz Nintendo will make too many. Nobody will want them anymore once they are readily available on shelves. The immediacy to buy goes away in a *poof*.
I'm probably the only that always thought this was the #1 reason the wiiU failed. Scalpers were in full force thinking it was going to be another Wii type scarcity, and when nintendo churned those suckers out, everybody lost interest.

Links are now broken on Twitter. Twitter is slowly breaking down. Haven't been getting Wario notifications for days.

Walmart hasn’t let me down with pre orders and I rarely pre order from them. Got Wo long steelbook day 1 and had a feeling bestbuy would have their damn pre orders delayed again

Hope this doesn't affect anyone here. People are NOT going to be happy.

Gamestop said RE4 CE orders done in store will not be fulfilled and presumably will get cancelled.

Gamestop added apparently that "a portion of online reservations will be cancelled as well."

Not sure how they will pick and choose, but hopefully no one gets theirs cancelled.

Luckily I wasn't too keen on getting the RE4 CE, but I def feel for anyone who wanted this.  At this rate I am VERY interested in seeing just how many of these CEs make it into customers hands...and how many get lost/cancelled by GS employees and end up on Ebay.

Still haven't gotten a charge for my RE 4 CE via PayPal, and the PayPal app doesn't show the pending charge like the new Link Amiibo I ordered last month, so I guess I have to sweat for the next 2 weeks?

Also don't have tracking yet for my Trails of Azure LE yet even though my PayPal was charged 2 weeks ago.

Wasn't the RE4 Ce only available for order through a link at first. Didn't show up on the site when searching. At least for me. I wonder if that has something to do with them overselling. I remember it lasted a few days before selling out.

I ordered through the link here within 15 minutes of it being posted so I'm probably good.

Wouldn't it be cheaper for all parties involved to just negotiate with the manufacturer make more to honor the orders? These CEs are probably relatively cheap to make. All the negative press plus gift cards they'll be handing out(plus losing money on the orders that they probably make like 75% or more profits on) seems like a bad route to take.

wow!!!!

lets hope this doesnt happen with TotK CE or all hell will breaks loose lol
They were quick to pull the listing (lasted 10mins) so most orders are probably safe. The RE4 CE lasted days and was available in store for even longer so who knows how many orders were put in, plus you could order multiples. By comparsion, The Re2 and Re3 didn't last a few hours before selling out. All gamestop exclusive. I had feeling they oversold.

Hopefully they go through all orders and cancel any multiples. They have in the past, did it with the master edition

Has anyone had their Wo Long Steelbook edition ship from Best Buy yet?

All I have is the delay notification on it, I’ve had those before on other items but they’ve always shipped in a couple days.

How the heck are some ebay sellers selling so many Octopath Traveler 2 and Like a Dragon steelbook?  Am I missing something?

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1633581335792209920?t=OizkxYOiS0SyJTGEpfi7PA&s=19

I highy doubt any order let alone preorder is safe at this point.

I pulled the trigger on Calisto Protocol CE a week ago and still got no order movement.

Proceed with caution when preorder your CE/LE with Gamestop for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
So the rumors of RE4 CEs being cancelled ARE true..? fuck me, it was the one major CE this year that I wanted and was actually able to pre-order..........

How the heck are some ebay sellers selling so many Octopath Traveler 2 and Like a Dragon steelbook? Am I missing something?
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if it was warehouse workers grabbing boxes off pallets. With how massive gaming has become and how lucrative the resell market has become post-covid, everyone has their side-hustle.

We all heard about the Gamestop employees squirreling away CEs and P/O goodies (FE Engage Tarot cards for instance) for their friends and just telling loyal customers "Oh they shorted our shipments, sorry". And then just selling that CE to their friend as a walk-in, that could also very well be the case (Although in this instance it's both Gamestop and Best Buy)

bread's done
Back