2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Wo Long steelbook from Amazon. Bent at the bottom. Crimped on the back. The slipcover is spine slashed, but that luckily didn’t go through to the steelbook. And absolutely no stock to replace.

Still waiting on that callisto CE to drop to $100 or below
Callisto was 150-160 last week, Capitaloneshopping gave me an exclusive 30% cash back offer in the email, the offer put it in around that ball park.
4fa1fc16764838433510b873cd936a15.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Got my Wo Long steelbook from Amazon. Bent at the bottom. Crimped on the back. The slipcover is spine slashed, but that luckily didn’t go through to the steelbook. And absolutely no stock to replace.
I got mine. Arrived ok, but they shipped it in one of those awful eco friendly brown paper bag things. I'm all for helping the environment, but man those things suck. Absolutely no protection.

Callisto was 150-160 last week, Capitaloneshopping gave me an exclusive 30% cash back offer in the email, the offer put it in around that ball park.
4fa1fc16764838433510b873cd936a15.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
That’s a good deal u got. I’m just taking my chances on it dropping lower. I’ve seen it at $160 and has never been oos so hopefully it drops lower real soon

Has anyone had their CC or PayPal charged for RE 4 CE yet? We’re two weeks out & my order was at night on Oct. 20th so I’m still hoping it’s fine.

I cancelled my Wo Long steelbook from BB. I got mine from Amazon, I'm satisfied. Wanted the $10 GC, but whatever. Will save me the trip to return my other to Amazon.

Has anyone had their CC or PayPal charged for RE 4 CE yet? We’re two weeks out & my order was at night on Oct. 20th so I’m still hoping it’s fine.
Isn't that when everyone's orders were? Thought it went up/sold out the same day?

But no charge for me, GS usually doesn't charge until a few days before, seems a little too early for them to charge anything.

I don't envy collectors today; everything worthwhile is limited due to years of massive overproduction and the prices are all doubled. I was just going through what I have left the other day and it makes me insanely happy that I've almost cleared out all the CEs I no longer wanted. Makes moving into a house feel even better knowing the crap won't be coming with.

Now if I could just find a quick way to sell movie steelbooks. . .

I don't envy collectors today; everything worthwhile is limited due to years of massive overproduction and the prices are all doubled. I was just going through what I have left the other day and it makes me insanely happy that I've almost cleared out all the CEs I no longer wanted. Makes moving into a house feel even better knowing the crap won't be coming with.

Now if I could just find a quick way to sell movie steelbooks. . .
Mercari seems to be a good place. I'm in an international Steelbook group on Facebook and people are always posting stuff they bought from there.

Isn't that when everyone's orders were? Thought it went up/sold out the same day?

But no charge for me, GS usually doesn't charge until a few days before, seems a little too early for them to charge anything.
There were online orders on the 21st. So far it seems those are the online ones being canceled.

I already ordered, but where is this one in the timeline? Why are we back to no PS5 version again?
As far as fans know to this point, the setting and characters of Nayuta are separate from the Trails world and timeline. But some fans suspect it will have relevance later in the Trails series, hence one reason it might be important that they bring Nayuta along with Zero & Azure.

Regarding the CE, I'm actually hesitating to buy it. No steelbook and NISA continues to veer hard into the acrylic "figures" garbage.

As far as fans know to this point, the setting and characters of Nayuta are separate from the Trails world and timeline. But some fans suspect it will have relevance later in the Trails series, hence one reason it might be important that they bring Nayuta along with Zero & Azure.

Regarding the CE, I'm actually hesitating to buy it. No steelbook and NISA continues to veer hard into the acrylic "figures" garbage.
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Nayuta at least take place on the same continent as the other games, just not in any country we have been in yet??

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Nayuta at least take place on the same continent as the other games, just not in any country we have been in yet??
Not officially (at least, yet). And definitely not in Zemuria.

What are the odds there's a PS5 release for this once the PS4 version is released/sells out?
Very unlikely. If anything it will be a ps5 release way later like we saw with Ys VIII. But I doubt Nayuta will get the kind of attention that Ys VIII has received. There's no ps5 version because it's a remastered psp game and it would be largely indistinguishable from the ps4 version they're already doing.

Very unlikely. If anything it will be a ps5 release way later like we saw with Ys VIII. But I doubt Nayuta will get the kind of attention that Ys VIII has received. There's no ps5 version because it's a remastered psp game and it would be largely indistinguishable from the ps4 version they're already doing.
You say that, but a weird amount of games have completely unnecessary PS5 versions. Just look at Caligula Effect or 90% of the stuff LRG's doing.

You say that, but a weird amount of games have completely unnecessary PS5 versions. Just look at Caligula Effect or 90% of the stuff LRG's doing.
That is exactly why I asked. I bought a used copy of Ys VIII PS4 launch or steelbook edition (whatever edition that came with the game + steelbook) for almost as much as the PS5 CE, that was announced literally a 3 weeks after. After that, seemed like there's been tons of pointless PS4 to PS5 releases.

Also, finally go around to opening my FF Crisis Core steelbook from BestBuy only to find a nice slash across the spine... second time I've had something with a box opening slash across the spine (Prime Remaster was the first, but that luckily is easy to find). Seriously, fucking crazy- seems like this is more common because I've noticed a ton of my games/steelbooks have this issue.

So…did Best Buy actually not get any Wo Long steelbook edition? Mine is still delayed over a week later, not holding my breath on getting it at this point.

That is exactly why I asked. I bought a used copy of Ys VIII PS4 launch or steelbook edition (whatever edition that came with the game + steelbook) for almost as much as the PS5 CE, that was announced literally a 3 weeks after. After that, seemed like there's been tons of pointless PS4 to PS5 releases.

Also, finally go around to opening my FF Crisis Core steelbook from BestBuy only to find a nice slash across the spine... second time I've had something with a box opening slash across the spine (Prime Remaster was the first, but that luckily is easy to find). Seriously, fucking crazy- seems like this is more common because I've noticed a ton of my games/steelbooks have this issue.
My Ghost of Tsushima CE Steelbook had a Slash on it, I hate it but it seems to be a common thing

So…did Best Buy actually not get any Wo Long steelbook edition? Mine is still delayed over a week later, not holding my breath on getting it at this point.
My GameStop order hasn't shipped and hasn't shown any changes so not sure if GameStop has a similar issue

At least the PS5 version allows people, such as myself who were late to the party to get that game without paying aftermarket prices.

Is the PS5 version of Caligula Effect (Or even Ys Lacrimosa) necessary? Not really, but now I don't have to pay $70 (Switch) or $85(PS4) for a used copy of the game.

At least the PS5 version allows people, such as myself who were late to the party to get that game without paying aftermarket prices.

Is the PS5 version of Caligula Effect (Or even Ys Lacrimosa) necessary? Not really, but now I don't have to pay $70 (Switch) or $85(PS4) for a used copy of the game.
I mean, the PS4 copies of games ARE bc with the PS5 so... they could have just reprinted it the PS4 vs making a PS5 release that only works on PS5s.

With niche releases, there's always a risk of things selling out and getting weirdly expensive on the aftermarket. These games aren't high print runs like God of War and usually once they're gone, they're gone. If it's a game you're legitimately interested in, it's worth considering a pre-order. I'm generally not a pre-order guy, but I don't mind supporting the companies that keep the more niche releases coming over like IFFY, NISA, XSEED, and the like.

However, VGP's been doing an awesome job of quelling aftermarket prices with reprints. Stuff like Blue Reflection, Berserk, and Liar Princess were getting ridiculous. That route makes a lot more sense than going through the publishing and distribution process all over again for a game that (IMO) would be lucky to sell more than a few thousand.

Catching up on old packages... Atomic Heart's Limited Edition might simply be one of the best special editions I've ever had. Seriously, this is an insanely good CE for $100. This CE is so good, I might actually play this game even though it doesn't really look all that interesting to me. 

I mean, the PS4 copies of games ARE bc with the PS5 so... they could have just reprinted it the PS4 vs making a PS5 release that only works on PS5s.
LRG at least says they won't reprint their games, so I think they use the PS5 versions as a work-around for that.

LRG at least says they won't reprint their games, so I think they use the PS5 versions as a work-around for that.
Their distribution line is just traditional publishing without the numbered release's caveats (no reprints, not sold elsewhere, etc.) so you could consider that a workaround as well. But that didn't start until the Switch, and was likely in and of itself a workaround to a prior commitment they'd made on limiting Switch output.

Ys 8 & 9 on PS5 come with some amount of the DLC included. On 8 it was all the cosmetic DLC but not the items. Unknown at this time about 9.

Is there a site shipping to the US that has the Bayonetta Origins steelbook?  I think amazon.de would have shipped to the US, but it sold out really fast I think.

Feel kinda bad for the GS person im seeing tomorrow. With them canceling my pre-order I'm cancelling all 50+ of mine. They never get anything on time anymore and resident evil 4 is one of my favorite games of all time now I've gotta spend $400-500 on the bay.

Feel kinda bad for the GS person im seeing tomorrow. With them canceling my pre-order I'm cancelling all 50+ of mine. They never get anything on time anymore and resident evil 4 is one of my favorite games of all time now I've gotta spend $400-500 on the bay.
lol 50+ pre-orders? The fuck ever.

I don't really get why anyone wanted this shit RE4 statue anyway. It's not like it's some resin-only F4F statue. Capcom has gotten lazy with their RE CE's; the game will be phenomenal with or without a plastic Leon in your house.

I don't really get why anyone wanted this shit RE4 statue anyway. It's not like it's some resin-only F4F statue. Capcom has gotten lazy with their RE CE's; the game will be phenomenal with or without a plastic Leon in your house.
Maybe someone is like me & has all the modern ones & want to keep the set complete?

Jesus just remembered I pre ordered the RE CE from GS, standard $40 from target and standard with steelbook from bestbuy. Hope I can sell both and keep that steelbook. Still not sure if I’m keeping the CE but we’ll see once we see unboxing vids

Full switch set. Switch game gets announced I pre-order. 50 was actually lowballing it.

And you might not want it but that's you.

Is there any Resident Evil 4 pre-order that comes with a steelbook? Best Buy stopped including one. I wish they had an $80-90 special edition with a customized steelbook :/

Anyone get a payment processed or shipping notification yet from GameStop for RE 4R CE?
not yet, I assume around Monday/Tuesday we should start receiving those, I got the pre notification to change payment around Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone ever had success returning the video game component of a CE bundle at Gamestop?

I was thinking about returning just the game for the $69.99+tax and keeping the CE contents if you're able.

All I got is an email from bestbuy about reviewing my re4 pre order info. I’m expecting my target pre order gets backordered like crazy

Has anyone ever had success returning the video game component of a CE bundle at Gamestop?

I was thinking about returning just the game for the $69.99+tax and keeping the CE contents if you're able.
You're SUPPOSED to be only able to return the whole bundle, but YMMV.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back