2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Wo-Long Steelbook Edition (PS5) that I ordered from Best Buy was finally cancelled by them; they must have got an extremely limited stock in.

Just expect bestbuy to have oversold the RE4 steelbook. Usually happens when they pull the steelbook before release. I'm pretty sure it even happened with RE2 steelbook.

Wo-Long Steelbook Edition (PS5) that I ordered from Best Buy was finally cancelled by them; they must have got an extremely limited stock in.
Damn that sucks. I had one at BB that never shipped. I almost cancelled my Amazon order for it too. Hopefully it's a temporary thing and they restock at some point.

My GameStop order hasn't moved, I called Customer Service last Wednesday or Thursday and it came down to not having any stock, basically no longer available

We can hope some random stock shows up

I'm in the same boat with the Wo Long Steelbook Edition at Best Buy. I asked ahead of time on their forums if the cancellation date could be extended but they stated they tried and were not able to do so. I did get in an order through at Amazon on March 10th so here's hoping as soon as Koei Tecmo finally release some additional stock...

Really? Wowzers. So at this point where is the best place to order RE? I’m convinced that the GameStop CE won’t arrive, even though the order still indicates otherwise. I had an order in at Best Buy but cancelled it after finally deciding that I was going to keep my CE order. Its a mystery to me that Capcom would limit production of this CE. Was the price point a factor or something else? Head scratcher.

Really? Wowzers. So at this point where is the best place to order RE? I’m convinced that the GameStop CE won’t arrive, even though the order still indicates otherwise. I had an order in at Best Buy but cancelled it after finally deciding that I was going to keep my CE order. Its a mystery to me that Capcom would limit production of this CE. Was the price point a factor or something else? Head scratcher.
It's the same steelbook as the CE

Capcom Resident Evil 4 - Steelbook Edition : Amazon.it: Video Games

I just want say they really did RE4 justice with this remake. It's pretty much perfect.  And it plays fantastic on a series x.  1440p 120FPS and challenging on Hardcore difficulty.

i just look at my re4 order from bestbuy and it no longer has a steelbook on the order. lol just great.
IIRC you could briefly buy the RE4 Steelbook individually for $10. I wonder if those orders will get canceled. Seems like they should prioritize filling orders that include the game, but that’s never how it really works

IIRC you could briefly buy the RE4 Steelbook individually for $10. I wonder if those orders will get canceled. Seems like they should prioritize filling orders that include the game, but that’s never how it really works
They won't cancel those orders, this has happened more than once with steels for games being sold separately.

Just got charged for GS resident evil 4 CE, so hopefully it arrives by Friday(wishful thinking)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it matter when you pre-ordered RE4 from Best Buy to be eligible for the Steelbook? I put my pre order down January 23rd, hoping that would be early enough.

Does it matter when you pre-ordered RE4 from Best Buy to be eligible for the Steelbook? I put my pre order down January 23rd, hoping that would be early enough.
If the steelbook shows up on your order history alongside the game, then you’re good. Otherwise you may have pre-ordered too early (which I know sounds stupid) or too late if they went OOS. Unfortunately BestBuy doesn’t retroactively add steelbooks to pre-existing preorders placed before any bonus announcements. For early preorders, the only recourse would’ve been to cancel and reorder while they were in stock.

Others have had success in placing separate steelbook orders in store after release but your mileage may vary.

If the steelbook shows up on your order history alongside the game, then you’re good. Otherwise you may have pre-ordered too early (which I know sounds stupid) or too late if they went OOS. Unfortunately BestBuy doesn’t retroactively add steelbooks to pre-existing preorders placed before any bonus announcements
Not exactly true, I pre ordered FF7 Crisis Core near when it was announced and got this email later from best buy.

"Thank you for choosing Best Buy to order Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion PlayStation 5. We noticed that your order is missing the Crisis Core Final Fantasy Reunion Steelbook, that was included with your purchase. We just wanted to let you know that we have added it to your order, free of charge.

There's nothing else you need to do. We hope you enjoy your game and we value your continued support.

Sincerely,

Your Best Buy Customer Care Team."

Not exactly true, I pre ordered FF7 Crisis Core near when it was announced and got this email later from best buy.

"Thank you for choosing Best Buy to order Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion PlayStation 5. We noticed that your order is missing the Crisis Core Final Fantasy Reunion Steelbook, that was included with your purchase. We just wanted to let you know that we have added it to your order, free of charge.

There's nothing else you need to do. We hope you enjoy your game and we value your continued support.

Sincerely,

Your Best Buy Customer Care Team."
I need this done to my order of FF16. The dlc and steelbook is not attached. Will contacting the forum staff help?

I need this done to my order of FF16. The dlc and steelbook is not attached. Will contacting the forum staff help?
Wouldn't hurt to try. I have only used their forums once or twice to resolve a problem I had getting some DLC pre order items and they came through both times, so id give it a try.

On my preordered like a dragon, they never added the steelbook to my order.  So if you haven't received a email stating they've added it to your order, you won't be getting one.

For those of you charged for RE 4R CE, does it show up as a charge or authorization? Do you have a shipment tracking number?

So my order status on gamestop is also showing Awaiting product availability, but i also received a gamestop "your package is on the way" email. The tracking # is showing movement so it has indeed shipped. 

Wouldn't hurt to try. I have only used their forums once or twice to resolve a problem I had getting some DLC pre order items and they came through both times, so id give it a try.
just found this out today…

best buy closed their gaming forums support. You can no longer post there. It points you to go to regular customer service for any support needs. So I did….

contacted regular support through chat. They acknowledge the free steelbook and dlc is not attached to my order. They assure me magically I will receive it with my preorder. They refuse to add it or promise me I’ll get it though.

Order information on the GameStop website is currently glitched on our end. Every order I've placed never updates to item shipped even though I've received them. They all just show as awaiting product availability.

BB's support forums were really helpful. This is just the latest in major companies making cuts to customer support. It's what they all do. I can't think of one company where it's easy to speak with anyone directly anymore. They just make it harder and harder and try to force automated chat bots down our throats. It's a joke.

BB's support forums were really helpful. This is just the latest in major companies making cuts to customer support. It's what they all do. I can't think of one company where it's easy to speak with anyone directly anymore. They just make it harder and harder and try to force automated chat bots down our throats. It's a joke.
A lot of things were great about BB... They suck now, outside of steelbooks and even then I got a PS5 Crisis Core steelbook with a box cutter cut on the spine that I'm still pissed about.....

just found this out today…

best buy closed their gaming forums support. You can no longer post there. It points you to go to regular customer service for any support needs. So I did….

contacted regular support through chat. They acknowledge the free steelbook and dlc is not attached to my order. They assure me magically I will receive it with my preorder. They refuse to add it or promise me I’ll get it though.
Why not just cancel and reorder?

Starting to get worried as it's now been 48 hours since the pending authorization was put on my PayPal by GS and still no full charge on the PayPal or shipping notification.

Starting to get worried as it's now been 48 hours since the pending authorization was put on my PayPal by GS and still no full charge on the PayPal or shipping notification.
My pending PayPal became a full charge at 2 central & I got an email from GS saying my order was on the way, but no tracking number yet.

My order status is also at “awaiting product availability” and I haven’t gotten a shipping email. Best Buy charged me overnight for the standard copy + Steelbook (assuming it gets fulfilled)

That dude is very relaxing. What’s not relaxing though is not getting an email yet from gamestop

Edit: just got a GameStop app notification that my order shipped but still shows in progress on order status and awaiting product availability

bread's done
Back