2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine today; there are 3 old school seal stickers (one of the side & two on the cardboard hinges) that will make it difficult to impossible to open w/o losing some of the top layer of cardboard.

Also the Steelbook in the CE is different than the BB Steelbook for the first time.

I got mine today; there are 3 old school seal stickers (one of the side & two on the cardboard hinges) that will make it difficult to impossible to open w/o losing some of the top layer of cardboard.

Also the Steelbook in the CE is different than the BB Steelbook for the first time.
Anything on the shipping box that indicates amount produced?

Got my steelbook-only order from BestBuy today. Was rattling around in a box but only one minor scuff. Waiting to get the game by itself until it comes down in price a little.

After the game is release, check BB cages for any left over steelbook.

Found Octopath Traveler 2 steelbook in the Xbox games cage and bought it.

Just showed up, no tracking and its status was (awaiting product availability). They didn’t even knock lol[attachment=37830:A660F322-6E22-49A4-894B-50F6A8A4ABB5.jpeg]

I posted this on reddit also, but if you missed the RE4 BBY steelbook then you can place an order in store and provide the SKU number. There is a review on the item page confirming the same, I only figured this out because I placed a pre-order before the steelbook was added and the steelbook was never added to my order nor did it ship with the game when it arrived at my house. Customer service told me to go in store with the SKU and it worked, turns out to be $9.99 + taxes.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/scanavo-resident-evil-4-steelbook-multi/6532907.p?skuId=6532907

Can you return the game or cancel it and keep the steelbook for $10 at bestbuy if the games already ready for pickup and the damn steelbook still hasn’t shipped? It’s getting really annoying waiting for it to ship.

Can you return the game or cancel it and keep the steelbook for $10 at bestbuy if the games already ready for pickup and the damn steelbook still hasn’t shipped? It’s getting really annoying waiting for it to ship.
It’s not going to ship until you pick up your game, but you should be able to return the game at a prorated price.

Holy shit, what happened with the RE4 CE? It's going for $450-500 on eBay, how did they miss the demand for this one so badly? This is like Nintendo levels of mis-calculating demand. Hopefully my copy is actually sitting at home... 

Holy shit 2, the steelbook from BB is actually so... bad. The one from the CE is so much cooler by comparison. 

Just showed up, no tracking and its status was (awaiting product availability). They didn’t even knock lol A660F322-6E22-49A4-894B-50F6A8A4ABB5.jpeg
You must of received my CE:)........tracking # hasn't updated in almost 5 days and was supposed to be delivered yesterday.

Yeah its crazy how much this is going for on ebay. The statue alone is selling for a significant amount.

Holy shit, what happened with the RE4 CE? It's going for $450-500 on eBay, how did they miss the demand for this one so badly? This is like Nintendo levels of mis-calculating demand. Hopefully my copy is actually sitting at home...

Holy shit 2, the steelbook from BB is actually so... bad. The one from the CE is so much cooler by comparison.
It's like a reverse of the Elden Ring situation, where the BB steelbook absolutely shat on the collectors edition on. I echo your sentiment though, it's getting so fucking frustrating how they ALWAYS undersupply for collector's editions. Like there isn't even really a benefit to them, they can always just throw away a few at the end. They would make way more money overall by selling to everybody who wants one. I'd maybe even be OK with a drop ship model, although I'm not sure how long that would actually take if they made to order. Ugh, it's just so frustrating not being able to reasonably get anything nowadays.

It's like a reverse of the Elden Ring situation, where the BB steelbook absolutely shat on the collectors edition on. I echo your sentiment though, it's getting so fucking frustrating how they ALWAYS undersupply for collector's editions. Like there isn't even really a benefit to them, they can always just throw away a few at the end. They would make way more money overall by selling to everybody who wants one. I'd maybe even be OK with a drop ship model, although I'm not sure how long that would actually take if they made to order. Ugh, it's just so frustrating not being able to reasonably get anything nowadays.
If it makes you feel any better, my car has been in the body shop for two months waiting on the availability of a freakin headlight.

It's like a reverse of the Elden Ring situation, where the BB steelbook absolutely shat on the collectors edition on.
I mean, the CE steelbook is better but I like the Best Buy one (it isn't terrible)...I was able to get one by itself for $10. The statue looked pretty bad to me so I passed on that. Plus GameStop is just getting consistently worse and worse when it comes to almost everything with providing a pleasant shopping experience (both irl and digital) that I just don't really want to go through them much anymore.

I was lucky and snagged the individual order of the steelbook on Bby when Wario posted it.

But the rest of your argument I completely agree with. It's getting too the point where I hope a CE ISN'T announced for certain big games because I don't need that extra anxiety in my life.

Has the TotK CE been coming back in stock anywhere at all lately? Really hoping to get it but haven't been following it much.

Has the TotK CE been coming back in stock anywhere at all lately? Really hoping to get it but haven't been following it much.
I don't think any retailer has had a restock other than Best Buy, which had a restock on 03/01 (managed to get one during the restock). Amazon US has not yet listed the CE. But, based on how fast they have all gone, you will need to have Twitter subscriptions/notifications enabled if you want any shot at getting it. Otherwise, maybe the week before release some inventory will open up if there are any cancelled orders?

Edit: I stand corrected. Looks like maybe there was briefly a Walmart restock on 03/15 based on Wario64 Twitter feed.

I don't think any retailer has had a restock other than Best Buy, which had a restock on 03/01 (managed to get one during the restock). Amazon US has not yet listed the CE. But, based on how fast they have all gone, you will need to have Twitter subscriptions/notifications enabled if you want any shot at getting it. Otherwise, maybe the week before release some inventory will open up if there are any cancelled orders?

Edit: I stand corrected. Looks like maybe there was briefly a Walmart restock on 03/15 based on Wario64 Twitter feed.
Thanks for the info with that in mind I decided to order an import from AU just in case. For anyone interested mightyape has it in stock. After conversion with shipping to US comes out to roughly 155usd.

Zelda TOTK Pro Controller
5c3e03930247ebba1566675c532334bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Need that and the console. Will wait to buy the game on sale unless I xan get a CE but Im not paying $70 for a standard Switch game.
Just buy vouchers and you can get the game much cheaper that way. Unless you want the cartridge, in which case you're stuck until they go on sale in the future.

Square Enix sending out emails saying they're charging for FF Pixel Remaster orders on April 5th. While also saying there isn't a set release date yet. I cancelled my anniversary edition. $300 is just too much and a total ripoff. I refuse to pay that absurd amount for a special edition of a game that was on iOS before consoles.

Square Enix sending out emails saying they're charging for FF Pixel Remaster orders on April 5th. While also saying there isn't a set release date yet. I cancelled my anniversary edition. $300 is just too much and a total ripoff. I refuse to pay that absurd amount for a special edition of a game that was on iOS before consoles.
Damn, I prob would have picked that up from you is it was PS4.

Hotstock app saved the day and got a Zelda OLED! No shipping option.

Edit: got controller pickup only and case is up for shipping.

Ordered the OLED switch from best buy. No clue how limited it will be, but I was impressed by how they handled it. I had to login, wait a few minutes, get a text code to enter in as proof it was me, and then finally check out for in store pickup. Hopefully this stops bots / scalpers from scooping them all up!

In hindsight probably shouldn’t have cancelled my anniversary edition considering the rarity, but I really didn’t want it, so not to upset about it.

bread's done
Back