2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
You might consider having a problem at this point. ;)
Anyone active in this thread likely has the same problem. I recently spent $1000 "upgrading" my game room shelves to have more space. And I still don't have enough room. I really need to just sell some stuff off at this point.

My steelbook Starfield version should arrive tomorrow, but it's useless to me considering I'm buying a regular physical copy which won't arrive til mid next week. Still, wanted it as mainly a collectible anyway.

My steelbook Starfield version should arrive tomorrow, but it's useless to me considering I'm buying a regular physical copy which won't arrive til mid next week. Still, wanted it as mainly a collectible anyway.
you could download it on gamepass and redeem the premium stuff to play starting on the 1st. That's what I plan on doing.

I mean that's all dependent on how much hassle I wanna put up with... I guess it's more about not having the space. I'm literally storing games in my living room at this point.
There's this corner in my living room, between the shelves that hold all my games, where I had to put my husband's collector's edition of Total War Warhammer 2 (the box is huge and there's like nothing in it), and like, I hate putting things on the floor, no matter how big, but this stupid thing fits nowhere else. I've since put collector's editions for Tears of the Kingdom, Catherine, Trails, other NISA games, and that funny blow-up Teddy from the Persona 4 Arena launch edition (a game I don't even have anymore lol) on top of that box, in that corner. I even freed a shelf for the smaller games in that corner, but have since filled it back up. And I've purged a huge chunk of my gaming collection the past year (but hardly any special editions). I mean, at least it's not in the middle of the room...

Damn straight I have a problem :bouncy:

There's this corner in my living room, between the shelves that hold all my games, where I had to put my husband's collector's edition of Total War Warhammer 2 (the box is huge and there's like nothing in it), and like, I hate putting things on the floor, no matter how big, but this stupid thing fits nowhere else. I've since put collector's editions for Tears of the Kingdom, Catherine, Trails, other NISA games, and that funny blow-up Teddy from the Persona 4 Arena launch edition (a game I don't even have anymore lol) on top of that box, in that corner. I even freed a shelf for the smaller games in that corner, but have since filled it back up. And I've purged a huge chunk of my gaming collection the past year (but hardly any special editions). I mean, at least it's not in the middle of the room...

Damn straight I have a problem :bouncy:
My wife would divorce me, despite understanding collectibles fully. I'm still in purge mode and it's quite cathartic being able to justify highly targeted purchases for things I will actually display and have a spot for vs boxes in a crawl space. Way more exciting than collecting CE's TBH.

My wife would divorce me, despite understanding collectibles fully. I'm still in purge mode and it's quite cathartic being able to justify highly targeted purchases for things I will actually display and have a spot for vs boxes in a crawl space. Way more exciting than collecting CE's TBH.
Haha, I'm lucky my husband is as big of a nerd as I am and understands the space issue, though he is quicker to leave things on the floor than I am. I strive really hard to keep everything as organized as possible, since I don't want to look or feel like a hoarder. At least I'm surrounded by things I love lol

Haha, I'm lucky my husband is as big of a nerd as I am and understands the space issue, though he is quicker to leave things on the floor than I am. I strive really hard to keep everything as organized as possible, since I don't want to look or feel like a hoarder. At least I'm surrounded by things I love lol
You guys are living the dream... I've never had a SO that was bothered by my collecting but also never had one that cared.

Now that FF7 Rebirth preorders are up. What do you think the inevitable CE exclusive to the square store will cost. My guess is $450 plus taxes. Still will try to place a order though. I expect a Sephiroth statue.

Now that FF7 Rebirth preorders are up. What do you think the inevitable CE exclusive to the square store will cost. My guess is $450 plus taxes. Still will try to place a order though. I expect a Sephiroth statue.
I'd wager it'll be pricey and include something they KNOW fans are gonna lose their shit over which can be oversold/under-delivered. I'm guessing they'll show the game with a sweet looking model of the HIghwind...... except it'll be one of those model kits (the things with the pieces on plastic molds that you have to break apart and make yourself).

Almost dropped $120 last night for the spider plates/cover, good thing I waited and caught the Amazon train an hour ago. Saved like 60 bucks

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Outter sleave of the Starfield CE box was a big worn out and torn on the back a little.  inner box and contents were fine.  Charging the watch now.

Are these covers going to be restocked places? How does it usually go for these covers?
Nobody really knows except Sony

This is like their 3rd limited edition (FF16 limited in Asia, LeBron pegwarming and Spiderman 2). Demands and distribution widely different for for these so anything goes

It will most likely be a Play-Arts Kai to go along with the "First-Class Edition" from the first game. Personally, I am expecting some type of new Zack Figure + exclusive extra part (Maybe his own bike?) with Sephiroth to be the Figure in the 3rd game.

Also, Trails of Cold Steel 3 and 4 were just rated for the PS5 by the ESRB. NIS will probably reprint the Collector's Editions for those 2 like they did for Lacrimosa of Dana.

I will probably end up getting them even though I own the games on PS4, I missed out on the CE's the first time arund.

Like a Dragon Gaiden Korean LE
Pretty [emoji91] version. Reminded me of Yakuza 0 Day 1 and Yakuza 6 Premium Edition
db2a4f4e1725caf11123f77a6643a404.jpg

Whatever the FFVII CE costs, don't forget you can no longer cancel orders on their site and they now charge right away.

So if pre-orders go up in a busy month and you don't have a ton of money, you're SOL.

And from experience their ability to cancel orders is extremely slow when you email them. Which is assuredly(albeit cynically) by design. They want the money from those orders and want to deter people from cancelling, so let's just make it an absolute pain to get any order cancelled. And also take away the option to cancel last minute(since it takes like a week for them to email you back) since many cancellations are last minute cancellations.

How and where can one order this? Looks pretty dope...
No idea about the korean version but the taiwanese version supposedly having the same content

Sega TW has em, only catch is they wont ship oversea so gotta find forward service in TW

I love my Yakuza 6 premium edition. Still mad I didn’t catch it at GameStop when it dropped to $20 and sold out quickly. Did get to buy one for $60 though

Did the Spider-Man 2 plates restock anywhere..? Kinda ridiculous how fast they went vs the controller/system.
Yes, but they sold out in .02 seconds. There should be no reason these are that limited. It's literally just plastic. Probably is cheap as hell to produce.

Did the Spider-Man 2 plates restock anywhere..? Kinda ridiculous how fast they went vs the controller/system.
Dont think they were restocks, the only one came back yesterday were Playstation Direct and Walmart, not acrossing the board, making me think those maybe cancelled orders.

It will most likely be a Play-Arts Kai to go along with the "First-Class Edition" from the first game. Personally, I am expecting some type of new Zack Figure + exclusive extra part (Maybe his own bike?) with Sephiroth to be the Figure in the 3rd game.

Also, Trails of Cold Steel 3 and 4 were just rated for the PS5 by the ESRB. NIS will probably reprint the Collector's Editions for those 2 like they did for Lacrimosa of Dana.

I will probably end up getting them even though I own the games on PS4, I missed out on the CE's the first time arund.
Was just getting ready to post about ToCS 3 & 4. I'll see if I can afford both CE's as well, but man has that GS reprint of CS 3 they sold for $3 for whatever reason on their website killed the value of Cold Steel 3. CS 4 is at least holding in the mid-$40 range.

The Spider-man plates are...ok?  They feel more like a decal than a special edition look.  The symbiote transition looks kinda stenciled on or something.  At least it's not a solid color.  The controller has the same look to it.

I like the plates good thing I lucked out at bestbuy. Couldn’t get it anywhere else. Haven’t opened the controller yet, still waiting on one I got from target for $52 after tax to ship. It could possibly keep getting delayed until cancelled but hope not

Anyone else order Spider-man plates from Gamestop in the original stock and not have their order shipped yet? Just curious, both of my controllers came but the plates have yet to update or ship.

Anyone else order Spider-man plates from Gamestop in the original stock and not have their order shipped yet? Just curious, both of my controllers came but the plates have yet to update or ship.
Seen quite a few people who are stuck waiting for product availability, I hope I'm wrong but that seems like oversold.

Seen quite a few people who are stuck waiting for product availability, I hope I'm wrong but that seems like oversold.
Yeah that was my guess, was mostly surprised since I think I got my order in right when listings went up. Another reason to why I'm letting my Pro membership finally lapse after all these years

Honestly…. I’m disappointed. Especially with the spine.
Most WB cases have been metal paks with this kind of spine. I'm fine with this one compared to the one a little nicer in the expensive CE that has an unpainted statue and some minimal art cards. I had fun with the beta (and Kenshi is back!), so I might as well get this bonus with the game.

Yeah that was my guess, was mostly surprised since I think I got my order in right when listings went up. Another reason to why I'm letting my Pro membership finally lapse after all these years
A handful of them "restocked" on the 6th. I managed to get an order in and it is arriving today. Sucks for those still waiting on them shipping with older orders. GameStop's order fulfillment is so bizarre.

Real bummed I must have missed the Payday 3 CE pre-orders. Been waiting for a restock or re availability to no avail. If anyone's got an extra pre-ordered or they decide they don't want theirs give me a shout!

Just a heads up for collector's, the Japanese Persona 3 Reload Collector's Edition is up on both Amiami and Amazon JP.  Going by the Soul hackers 2 CE it is safe to assume this WONT have English on disc. 

It is coming out to about $120 (after shipping) on Amazon JP, with Amiami prolly being slightly higher depending on shipping method.

(Also looks like the English Xbox collector's edition is still available for P/O on Amazon lol) 

[attachment=38170:81yTlW8mYLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]

After enjoying the beta and seeing more of MK1 that I like, I ordered the CE.  It's up on Gamestop and Amazon still.  Xbox on both  PS might still be at gamestop.

bread's done
Back