2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Will definitely cancel and re-order the deluxe edition from Best Buy because I am not missing that steelbook. Have to wait until tomorrow, though (payday and too many funds tied up at the moment to cover the pre-auth), so hopefully it doesn't sell out. I'm a little bummed by some of the choices this game is making (Vincent is guest only, no chocobo breeding, etc), but I'm still intrigued enough to play it.

does this FFVII Deluxe Edition works for B2G1 for the Best Buy Plus membership? 2 of my friends and I want to get this. if it works, i'll mostly likely get the $50 membership.

Thanks BestBuy

PXL_20230922_213134548.jpg

I swear 60% of the steelbooks I get from them come damaged like this. I wish any other retailer would get them instead.

Thanks BestBuy

PXL_20230922_213134548.jpg

I swear 60% of the steelbooks I get from them come damaged like this. I wish any other retailer would get them instead.
For stuff I really value I always select in store pickup and go on launch day. That way you can assess it in store and usually grab a replacement if it's trashed.

For stuff I really value I always select in store pickup and go on launch day. That way you can assess it in store and usually grab a replacement if it's trashed.
Not really a preferable option - the nearest BestBuy's an hour round trip out of my way. Tried twice, once they ended up not having the item the other time they ended up slapping those big ugly in-store pick-up stickers on amiibos. As much as their online support sucks, it ends up being easier/quicker to just play return and replace roulette.

Not really a preferable option - the nearest BestBuy's an hour round trip out of my way. Tried twice, once they ended up not having the item the other time they ended up slapping those big ugly in-store pick-up stickers on amiibos. As much as their online support sucks, it ends up being easier/quicker to just play return and replace roulette.
Fair, I have two in ten minutes opposite directions. In your situation I would do what you do.

Curios, what's the "sorry we don't have it" rate if you do store pick up for your SB? Online orders with BB for me have been 100% fulfilled even if it arrives damaged. I think I might go that route this time.

Curios, what's the "sorry we don't have it" rate if you do store pick up for your SB? Online orders with BB for me have been 100% fulfilled even if it arrives damaged. I think I might go that route this time.
Never had an issue and I have done this quite a few times.

Yeah, as I said in the LRG thread, this is such an awful collector's edition. $70 for just a steelbook? $200 for a couple of shadowboxes, no artbook, and a rubber-ass-looking armband? Get outta here with that, LRG.

Legit, that armband looks like the exercise bands I used to use the strengthen my knee after an injury I had years ago.

I was under the impression that was fixed inside the shadowbox (since it lights up, it might all be wired in place), so you can't even kill yourself with it.
This is correct, there are a lot of laws about toy guns. If it had been removable they would have had to put one of those orange caps on it.

This is correct, there are a lot of laws about toy guns. If it had been removable they would have had to put one of those orange caps on it.
Funny, all these rules about toy guns to the point where Megatron can't be a gun anymore nor get a reissued G1 release in the US... but real guns are super easy to get as soon as you're 18.

Has anyone here gotten an account banned or heard of other people getting theirs banned at Best Buy for buying games for the pre-order bonuses like steelbooks and returning the games?

Since they have seemed to shut down the ability to buy the steelbooks separately lately, there's a few games coming up I'm planning to return the games and pay the $9.99 for the steelbook, but I don't want my account banned for doing it. I'd rather buy the games down the road when they go on sale, but I want the steelbooks.

Has anyone here gotten an account banned or heard of other people getting theirs banned at Best Buy for buying games for the pre-order bonuses like steelbooks and returning the games?

Since they have seemed to shut down the ability to buy the steelbooks separately lately, there's a few games coming up I'm planning to return the games and pay the $9.99 for the steelbook, but I don't want my account banned for doing it. I'd rather buy the games down the road when they go on sale, but I want the steelbooks.
Nope, never.

I usually just return the game and get charged $10 for the Steelbook. Sometimes I don’t get charged for it tho, weird.

No, and my store gets confused every time and has to ask a manger about returning a sealed game. They don't mention the steelbook at all. When returns happened at the service desk they would ask, but since they moved it all to the registers they don't now.

I usually just return the game and get charged $10 for the Steelbook. Sometimes I don’t get charged for it tho, weird.
This is the one thing I've experienced that's different than what most people here say... I've NEVER gotten charged the $10 for doing the return game but keep SB. That makes me worried more that I'll be banned for this but... so far, no issues.

Unboxing for the Mirage CE out next week.  It's no longer on the site and Ubisoft no longer offers physical games on their site.  They will now dumbly be Gamestop exclusive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWJ0XxN0BtE

Looking at my up coming orders, got the Lords of the Fallen CE coming up in a few weeks but am thinking about cancelling. I had Starfield CE as the last CE and ended up cancelling that last minute since the game honestly just looked bad... 

And of course, not to mention space issues... since I still have no idea where I'm gonna put this fucking massive AC6 Premium Edition. 

Has anyone here ever used a Gamestop gift card for a pre-order? I used one for Lords of the Fallen CE to pay for half of it. Then last night I got my pre-order reminder email and in the email it says

Payment Methods

Credit Card

Amount: $269.99

Gift Card

Amount: $0

I took that as meaning they will charge my card $269.99 and my gift card nothing. But when I placed the order, the gift card applied, so not sure what's up with that.

Has anyone here ever used a Gamestop gift card for a pre-order?
Yes. Their system & website is garbage tier and commonly displays incorrect information in the order status and confirmation screens.

Never store cc info on that site. If your gc balance is correct after ordering, you're probably fine.

Yes. Their system & website is garbage tier and commonly displays incorrect information in the order status and confirmation screens.

Never store cc info on that site. If your gc balance is correct after ordering, you're probably fine.
I called customer support and they told me ignore the email it should apply the gift card. I got worried for a second because I checked the balance online and it still had the full amount. Apparently their gift cards still show full balance until the order is charged. Unlike say a Best Buy where once you place the order, the balance adjusts unless you cancel the order. But you're right in that their site definitely sucks.

How is the Bandai store about getting more CEs? I wanted the Naruto Premium edition but all of them say join the waitlist now. Any chance it comes back?
There could be cancellation but who knows, it is still up on Amazon DE if you dont mind paying a little more to import and that massive USK logo

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I'm visiting my family and stopped by a GS has Callisto Protocal PS5 CE for $200 and I chuckled a bit... So glad I returned mine vs keep it. 

Finally merged my NIS accounts, boy is that a mess. They don't show my Ys IX PS5 LE order for some reason but all the others since 2020 are there. I think I have the correct amount of reward points, but I didn't want to put effort into checking.

I confirmed my old order of Nayuta PS4 LE and made new preorders for Trails Daybreak PS5 LE then ToCS 3/4 PS5 LE, using reward points to get $20 off that final order today. Now I just need to sell my PS4 copies of Cold Steel 3/4 on EBay.

Anybody ordered AC Mirage CE from GS got charged yet?

GS told me my paypal authroization disappeared and need new payment method. Did that yesterday but havent heard anything

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I'm visiting my family and stopped by a GS has Callisto Protocal PS5 CE for $200 and I chuckled a bit... So glad I returned mine vs keep it.
Ended up keeping mine for now. Got it for $50 with their b1g1 last month but sadly it doesn’t even come with the game lol

Square enix store charges right away for pre orders or just preauthorizations? It’s also my first time seeing “additional transaction fees may be applied by your bank” for an order that isn’t out of country lol. My bank thought the transaction was fraudulent after I tried placing an order

Square enix store charges right away for pre orders or just preauthorizations? It’s also my first time seeing “additional transaction fees may be applied by your bank” for an order that isn’t out of country lol. My bank thought the transaction was fraudulent after I tried placing an order
Immediately. And if you want to cancel, you need to contact support, where support will confirm you really want to cancel, before actually cancelling.

So I ended up getting a PS5 CE for Payday 3 on launch when it looked like they were all gonna be sold out. I wanted Xbox but couldn't get one so took my L and got PS5. The contents are the same but was really wanted the dlc content for Xbox. If anyone got the reverse of me and got the Xbox version instead of the PS5 and wants to do a code swap let me know!

bread's done
Back