2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
JJK CE, contender for the worst CE of the year?
288efab22d2971a1d0a4b0b639478756.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

D'oh. Forgot to cancel my Lords of the Fallen CE from GameStop and I don't really have space for it. What's the best way to return these large CEs: in-store or ship them back?

D'oh. Forgot to cancel my Lords of the Fallen CE from GameStop and I don't really have space for it. What's the best way to return these large CEs: in-store or ship them back?
In-store because you can guarantee getting the refund back then and there, plus I think you'd be charged return shipping if shipped back. You'll have 30 days to return it, so you can combine that trip with another if you have any other reasons to go.

So it's basically just a wall scroll for $20 more (base game is $60, the "CE" is $80)? This doesn't seem like a CE or even a soft-CE, it just seems like they're bundling the wall scroll with the game. 

My PS5 SF6 CE from the GameStop sale came in factory sealed. Of course the circle stickers Capcom uses caused damage to the outer box in trying to open it.

Glad I didn't pay full price for this, seems REALLY basic for something with a $250 MSRP. Should have been $200 MAX MSRP. Will trade my Deluxe Copy w/used DLC into GameStop next week for $25 store credit.

Got Lords of the Fallen CE from Gamestop today. It is a full CE that comes sealed, not a bundle. Also got Lords + Steelbook from Best Buy, but I'll be returning the game.

So it's basically just a wall scroll for $20 more (base game is $60, the "CE" is $80)? This doesn't seem like a CE or even a soft-CE, it just seems like they're bundling the wall scroll with the game.
Should’ve been a pre order bonus but they’re trying to get greedy

My PS5 SF6 CE from the GameStop sale came in factory sealed. Of course the circle stickers Capcom uses caused damage to the outer box in trying to open it.

Glad I didn't pay full price for this, seems REALLY basic for something with a $250 MSRP. Should have been $200 MAX MSRP. Will trade my Deluxe Copy w/used DLC into GameStop next week for $25 store credit.
Oh shit, same thing happened to mine- but I have previous experience with this issue on the RE4 CE. My initial RE4 CE arrived in perfect shape but I ended up ripping the box badly because I didn't realize those stickers were there partially attached to the CE box and the plastic bag. Those stickers are terrible, they don't stick to the bag they were meant to keep shut but are like permanent glue on the CE box itself. I was luckily able to return it for a replacement... but the replacement CE arrived one a dented corner. I was able to use GooGone to take off the sticker off without damaging the box (though the dented corner still sucks). Gonna have to do the same here with the SFVI CE.

Agreed on the price though, I thought about buying it full price a few times but super glad I held off.

Had a sticker from the plastic rip off a bit from the RE4 CE box but not a big deal I guess. Still annoying tho

I cancelled mine.  I don't have room for 19 inches of Venom and am in no hurry to play the game.

The only game CEs I have left on pre-order are Avatar and Stalker 2.  I have no history with the Stalker games, so I'm not specifically excited for that one.  I may cancel it later.  I like open world Ubisoft (nobody else? OK) and co-op, so Avatar seems like a safe buy for me.  I'll keep my eye on it.

Yup. Looks like mine change to preparing to ship to with a pending charge on my CC this morning. I forgot how much this CE was, though "technically" $70 of it is for the game. So it's not too bad, but I'll be selling a code and getting a physical copy down the line.

Am I the only one still getting the Coffee Talk 1&2 Double Shot CE? I’ve had it paid off in trade credit at my local GS for months.
Between all the other games coming out + IRL stuff I had to cancel my coffee talk pre-orders (as well as a couple Play-Asia POs too). Just cutting back, this year has been too harsh on my wallet!

Am I the only one still getting the Coffee Talk 1&2 Double Shot CE? I’ve had it paid off in trade credit at my local GS for months.
I actually wanted to get that but it sold out... but like everyone else is saying, yeah.. too many CEs so not super upset about it.

I cancelled mine. I don't have room for 19 inches of Venom and am in no hurry to play the game.

The only game CEs I have left on pre-order are Avatar and Stalker 2. I have no history with the Stalker games, so I'm not specifically excited for that one. I may cancel it later. I like open world Ubisoft (nobody else? OK) and co-op, so Avatar seems like a safe buy for me. I'll keep my eye on it.
It has been so long since they put out a STALKER game I would hope they haven't changed their formula to be more like modern games, but previous titles played like Metro 2033 with far less linearity. It was in many ways a precursor to souls games actually, but with smaller scope and guns. It was really ahead of its time and I'm hopeful this new one will hold up the same.

anyone who bought the spiderman LE PS5 console bundle - any guess on when we can redeem our code? the game comes out at midnight tonight, but not sure if it will just be dynamically able to be redeemed.

for those that dont know, before release date, the redemption code just returns an invalid error.

I didn’t buy the bundle but it would make sense that it can be redeemed once the game is live. Strangely I thought they said the code could be redeemed BEFORE launch so that it could be preloaded but I guess I’m wrong.

Mine also shipped. This is just my 2nd order ever from ps direct so I hope these don’t arrive damaged like how peoples TLOU firefly editions arrived damaged

Mine also shipped. This is just my 2nd order ever from ps direct so I hope these don’t arrive damaged like how peoples TLOU firefly editions arrived damaged
Ah shit... completely forgot about that. Luckily it looks like this one isn't super insanely rare so if it arrives damaged, it'll go back and I'll order another.

In-store because you can guarantee getting the refund back then and there, plus I think you'd be charged return shipping if shipped back. You'll have 30 days to return it, so you can combine that trip with another if you have any other reasons to go.
YMMV, but the return policy states "Unopened “special” or “collector” editions of video game software and hardware are returnable within 7 days of purchase."

Glad they sent the reminder about the Spider-man 2 CE a few weeks ago … ended up cancelling after seeing how plasticky the Venom statue looked … and now there’s an incredible Hot Toys Venom that’s 20+ inches tall coming out next year. Pricey but easier to justify since I didn’t buy the CE.

I just received my spiderman 2 ce. I didnt have time to open it cause I was heading out the door to work. Can't wait to play spiderman 2 tonight!

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1715418114903388312

fucking LRG...this is only my favorite Persona game, one of my favorite games of all time. But god I hate LRG.

Anyone open their Spider-Man 2 CE yet? My buddy did and he got 4 codes for the Deluxe edition of the game. Wonder if any others got that.

I actually wanted to get that but it sold out... but like everyone else is saying, yeah.. too many CEs so not super upset about it.
I sold my European CT 1 PS4 CE on EBay earlier this summer back before the new set got delayed. My GS staff tell me it’s on the way, they don’t have to make a special request for it like they did with Everspace 2 & my Yugioh pops.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1715418114903388312

fucking LRG...this is only my favorite Persona game, one of my favorite games of all time. But god I hate LRG.
I get the disdain for LRG as I know some people really don't like the wait times for their games, but for all we know Sega/Atlus had 0 intention of giving this one a physical release (Notice we never saw anything about a physical EU or Asia release).

Unless something else comes out about this deal LRG might be the only reason we are even getting a physical release of these.

On the nature of the big CEs themselves, I don't like what they are for the $$$, I'm going with the grimoire edition of each.

Anyone open their Spider-Man 2 CE yet? My buddy did and he got 4 codes for the Deluxe edition of the game. Wonder if any others got that.
How’s that possible? 4 slips inside the steelbook? I actually like the statue in person. Dope af. It would look great on my spiderman ps5 but ain’t got the space next to it lol

YMMV, but the return policy states "Unopened “special” or “collector” editions of video game software and hardware are returnable within 7 days of purchase."
Pre-owned games are returnable within 7 days of purchase, 30 days for Pro members IF said games are defective. Factory sealed products (YMMV due to guts) are returnable within 15 days for regular customers, 30 days for Pro members. TCG, for example, is NOT returnable.

False. Pre-owned games are returnable within 7 days of purchase, 30 days for Pro members IF said games are defective. Factory sealed products (YMMV due to guts) are returnable within 15 days for regular customers, 30 days for Pro members. TCG, for example, is NOT returnable.
If Pro, potentially have 30 days, but if not, the return policy says 7 days for unopened special and collectors edition items. Maybe an exception if something is defective. They also have the right to refuse a return altogether even if you have a receipt.

I guess it could be assumed anyone here has a Pro account.

Most GameStop employees probably couldn't care less, so it shouldn't be an issue anyway doing a return, despite what is stated in the return policy.

https://www.gamestop.com/fullreturnpolicy/

If Pro, potentially have 30 days, but if not, the return policy says 7 days for unopened special and collectors edition items. Maybe an exception if something is defective. They also have the right to refuse a return altogether even if you have a receipt.

Most GameStop employees probably couldn't care less, so it shouldn't be an issue anyway doing a return, despite what is stated in the return policy.

In my area, 1 day is the acceptable exception (better without management present). Other than that, I've been informed several times that they've become increasingly "more strict." Also, apologies...I don't remember or understand why I replied to your post with [f]alse" when what you said is factual and I just read the policies beforehand...I'll have it corrected.

LRG...this is only my favorite Persona game, one of my favorite games of all time. But god I hate LRG.
I've actually never ordered from lrg. But I'm considering that Grimoire edition. The only lrg print I own is Ys Origin that was available on amazon. Is there an expectation for this p4g print to eventually become available from other retailers?

Having never worked at GS, my understanding is they penalize employees with poor sale numbers, counting returns against the person who processed the transaction. Seems like a pretty stupid idea, but I’m not responsible for running (ruining) a major corporation, so what do I know. Anyway, seems like an employee would want to avoid taking your return.

bread's done
Back