2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I considered Avatar, but can't get myself to pay that much for a Ubisoft game, which are notorious for their games being highly discounted. I had the steelbook gold edition ordered, but cancelled it. $120 for a gold edition is absolutely absurd. A total ripoff. I couldn't justify it. It's sold out currently, I assume it will restock. I hope if it comes back in stock, it stays in stock long enough to be discounted. Then I'll pounce. But not at $120.
This is literally exactly what I did.:LOL:

Still up as of 9:15 am CST and website has been fine, if just a bit slow, so looks like Sony learned from past mistakes.

Now, fingers crossed they actually pack these right. :pray:

Finally sold out just recently. Maybe people just don't care about this version. TLOU2 was polarizing, so maybe it has to do with that. Or maybe the price for just a steel and some little cards and a pitch is a ripoff for most. I put an order in but I'll probably cancel tbh.

TLoU2 was an amazing game. I thought the story was great and made sense when the credits rolled. Still don't see how it got so much hate, but can't please everyone.

The story got leaked and a majority formed an opinion before witnessing how it should unfolded. The story telling elements were basically removed and people just read the cliff notes.

The story got leaked and a majority formed an opinion before witnessing how it should unfolded. The story telling elements were basically removed and people just read the cliff notes.
I never saw the leaks. I know it's a well told story, but I didnt like the story told. It's just so relentlessly depressing.

I didn't like it either. It was never a game franchise that was going to wow you with its combat, although it's extremely well made and graphically impressive. It relies heavily on story and I wasn't a fan. To me, Ellie's character was far less interesting in Part 2 and actually made her kind of annoying, and it lost what made Part 1 so great, but I can't say more than that without spoiling.

I never saw the leaks. I know it's a well told story, but I didnt like the story told. It's just so relentlessly depressing.
This was kind of my issue with it what killed it for me was that... final "fight". Plus, being released during the peak of COVID did not help. With that said though, some of the moments in the game were just absolutely magnificent and overall I really liked the game. But my god, some people (not you or anyone here specifically) took their distaste for this game to levels beyond comprehension... like just for shits and giggles, I went to the LoUII subreddit a few months ago and they were STILL at it.

I'm sure they're making another LoU game (outside of the MP one, if that even happens) but I honestly hope they don't though... unless they do a prequel. I would love to see what happened between the intro in Part I and the actual events of Part I, I feel like that has a lot of potential.

This was kind of my issue with it what killed it for me was that... final "fight". Plus, being released during the peak of COVID did not help. With that said though, some of the moments in the game were just absolutely magnificent and overall I really liked the game. But my god, some people (not you or anyone here specifically) took their distaste for this game to levels beyond comprehension... like just for shits and giggles, I went to the LoUII subreddit a few months ago and they were STILL at it.

I'm sure they're making another LoU game (outside of the MP one, if that even happens) but I honestly hope they don't though... unless they do a prequel. I would love to see what happened between the intro in Part I and the actual events of Part I, I feel like that has a lot of potential.
Totally agree about the hateful people that took it too far. I recognize it's a great game, but it's not my jam and I didn't dislike it for the reasons some of those people did.

I played through it twice for the platinum trophy but can't see myself paying to play that story again. I will say I enjoyed Ellie's flashbacks some of Abby's earlier story, but the revenge stuff soured the rest.

How long was it available for? It went live before 10 est and got one easily. Apparently they’re limiting it to 1 per household or something which is great. Sorry bots/scalpers

not really a dog person.

Maybe if they were Naughty Cats.
Naughty Puss?

Since losing their best writer (Amy) their games have suffered honestly. The second game having so much controversy I opted not to play it because I wasn't about to Rome another story that tears down everything it built up in the first game/season. That and the gameplay was mostly ass anyway and worked far better in Uncharted.

Speaking of better stories, we started Yellowstone last week and are now on the final season. Would recommend to anyone as it's probably the best TV I've seen since Boardwalk Empire.

Since losing their best writer (Amy) their games have suffered honestly. The second game having so much controversy I opted not to play it because I wasn't about to Rome another story that tears down everything it built up in the first game/season. That and the gameplay was mostly ass anyway and worked far better in Uncharted.

I dunno.. doesn't seem like it was much of a loss if Wikipedia is accurate. Her only credits after leaving ND was Battlefield Hardline and Forspoken.

Just got an email from playasia about my like a dragon gaiden pre order. Says awaiting payment when I’ve already been charged. Anyone else got the same thing?

I considered Avatar, but can't get myself to pay that much for a Ubisoft game, which are notorious for their games being highly discounted. I had the steelbook gold edition ordered, but cancelled it. $120 for a gold edition is absolutely absurd. A total ripoff. I couldn't justify it. It's sold out currently, I assume it will restock. I hope if it comes back in stock, it stays in stock long enough to be discounted. Then I'll pounce. But not at $120.

Happened to me with far cry 6 ultimate GS exclusive. It was what, $130 at launch? I got it on sale for half price $65, then down the road it was constantly $30 or less.

Blasphemous 2 CE on VGP. It says it's exclusive to their store and limited. I loved the game so I ordered one. We'll see if it's true to their word and it won't pop up elsewhere for pre-order

BlasphemousIIPS5ENG_2400x1711.jpg

Blasphemous 2 CE on VGP. It says it's exclusive to their store and limited. I loved the game so I ordered one. We'll see if it's true to their word and it won't pop up elsewhere for pre-order

BlasphemousIIPS5ENG_2400x1711.jpg
They said it's only exclusive in Canada to their store. They said that other US retailers will be carrying it.

Man, I'm here trying to PM the SpongeBob FUN Edition I got for $80 down to the $70 it is now at BestBuy and the chat agent is telling me she just found out she's pregnant after trying for 12 yrs.... and how that's the same thing as saving me $10. What a trooper.

Anyone have anything pre-ordered at Focus Ent. Store? I have at least one thing pre-ordered, but I went into my account and order history and it doesn't list anything. Please don't tell me if I want to cancel an order I'm going to have to go the email route again. This is getting so tiresome instead of being able to just cancel yourself.

Anyone have anything pre-ordered at Focus Ent. Store? I have at least one thing pre-ordered, but I went into my account and order history and it doesn't list anything. Please don't tell me if I want to cancel an order I'm going to have to go the email route again. This is getting so tiresome instead of being able to just cancel yourself.
I have Banishers preordered with them and this post prompted me to check their site for my preorder, which I didn't see. Looked up my order email and clicked on a link from it where it prompted me to log in again, and that time my order showed up.

The email link sent me a page with options to request debiting now, canceling, modifying shipping, etc.

Of course, I now see Focus Entertainment uses the notorious Scalefast. Hoping there won't be any issues.

I have Banishers preordered with them and this post prompted me to check their site for my preorder, which I didn't see. Looked up my order email and clicked on a link from it where it prompted me to log in again, and that time my order showed up.

The email link sent me a page with options to request debiting now, canceling, modifying shipping, etc.

Of course, I now see Focus Entertainment uses the notorious Scalefast. Hoping there won't be any issues.
I had no issues with Focus for Atomic Heart or Atlas Fallen. Banishers is pretty far down the alphabet from those two, so only time will tell.

Hate to ask this, especially as a member here for 20 years. Did cag now become like digg? Massive website change that killed the website.

I noticed the last month there’s barely any activity, and now I’ve even logged in maybe once a week at this point. Seeing only a few new posts even that long after checking in. Or are there truly no more deals lately?

Hate to ask this, especially as a member here for 20 years. Did cag now become like digg? Massive website change that killed the website.

I noticed the last month there’s barely any activity, and now I’ve even logged in maybe once a week at this point. Seeing only a few new posts even that long after checking in. Or are there truly no more deals lately?

I don't know if you're getting what I've been thinking the past few weeks but: this site seems even more dead than before? Like yeah, CAG and basically most forums have been slowly dying over the past decade or so... but I don't think the site change had anything to do with it.

I don't have the best memory but in past years, I swear we would see deals (and I use that term generously) leading up to, during, and after BF (even running up to and after Christmas) but this year... it wasn't like that. There were deals around BF but afterwards, it was pretty tame.

I've gotta agree with Vinny. The last 5 years or so this site has definitely dried up and gone downhill. It seems weird that we got the upgrade now when the site is on it's way out. I'd hate to see it go but it probably be gone in the next few years.

I've been a member here for over 20 years too. The website change didn't kill it as activity on it has slowly been going down over the years.

There hasn't been much for post Christmas deals this year. If you're looking for deals they're going to be posted on social media first. This site is good for discussing the deals and connecting with the community members.

Has anyone ever returned something for a replacement at VGP? I returned something well over a week ago, they told me when it was received they'd send the replacement. But I haven't gotten an email or anything to notify me and I have no idea if it shipped out. I emailed them and no response.

Dunno about RE (probably not mainline but maybe as a spin-off), but others have started making games like that in the wake. Tormented Souls is probably the best one I've tried.
lol really old post reply but I finally got around to playing tormented souls (not yet finished it) and HOLY COW, This is exactly what I wanted, an old school survival horror game. It’s fantastic, good rec. and a sequel apparently is coming out in 2024 to boot.

Last edited:
Been here 20 years and I have only been coming on here about twice a week for a few months. Deals seem to be less and the site has been slowing down for a couple years. I remember having multiple threads and posts to catch up on each day years ago. We even had private groups that we shared info with on certain topics. As for CAG, I get more use out of the CAG facebook posts of deals with links included. Forums are the "old fashioned" way of acquiring info and communication compared to today's social media outlets.

bread's done
Back