2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
My Granblue Fantasy Relink CE order from Amazon got a delay email. By about 2 weeks. No idea why I got it so far out it's still a month away but whatever.

Been here 20 years and I have only been coming on here about twice a week for a few months. Deals seem to be less and the site has been slowing down for a couple years. I remember having multiple threads and posts to catch up on each day years ago. We even had private groups that we shared info with on certain topics. As for CAG, I get more use out of the CAG facebook posts of deals with links included. Forums are the "old fashioned" way of acquiring info and communication compared to today's social media outlets.

TIL there's a CAG Facebook page...

I think it's died down even more since the site changes. At least in my case, part of that is because they made logging in slightly more complicated. I get using two-factor authentication for sites tied to purchases, etc. But it's annoying to have to do it just to see if anyone has posted a new Lego deal (and yes, I'm aware that it will save you authentication for a month or so, but it's still an unnecessary layer of protection for a CAG account IMO)

I think it's died down even more since the site changes. At least in my case, part of that is because they made logging in slightly more complicated. I get using two-factor authentication for sites tied to purchases, etc. But it's annoying to have to do it just to see if anyone has posted a new Lego deal (and yes, I'm aware that it will save you authentication for a month or so, but it's still an unnecessary layer of protection for a CAG account IMO)
I was able to turn 2FA off later. It's pretty annoying to need to set it up but not keep it. I kept getting logged out on my phone and PCs I use all day and had to check my email for access.

For this thread, there just isn't many exciting CEs on the way to talk about. STALKER 2 and a few other odd ones like Outcast 2 on amazon and such, but those have like no buzz.

I totally snoozed on preordering Tails Through Daybreak for PS5 from the NIS Online Store as I was waiting for the store transition to settle (plus paying when preordering kinda sucks as well). Both the PS5 and PS4 versions are sold out now. Does the NIS Online Store usually restock near the release date or should I just save up for eBay on launch? I'm usually on the ball with NIS/Falcom preorders, but this one slipped my grasp...

I totally snoozed on preordering Tails Through Daybreak for PS5 from the NIS Online Store as I was waiting for the store transition to settle (plus paying when preordering kinda sucks as well). Both the PS5 and PS4 versions are sold out now. Does the NIS Online Store usually restock near the release date or should I just save up for eBay on launch? I'm usually on the ball with NIS/Falcom preorders, but this one slipped my grasp...
there should be a restock around launch from canceled order

Best Buy has been pretty good about adding pre-order bonuses retroactively in the past. At least for both my Tears of the Kingdom and Mario Wonder they added the bonus no problem. I snagged a P/O for now, but still thought Capcom would have had SOME type of CE for what is supposed to be a big game for them.

I actually haven't had the FFVII Rebirth DLC bonus added to my Best Buy pre-order. I've had that order up for months and they still haven't added it, so it's looking pretty unlikely they will. I don't want to cancel and reorder because the deluxe edition is no longer available for in-store pickup, and I'd greatly prefer to not have the bonus steelbook mailed to me. I guess if I don't actually get the DLC, it's not the end of the world, but it still sucks because I'm entitled to it.

Reactions: gpn
thanks for the heads up, I canceled and reordered Rebirth to get the DLC.

Yeah, thanks from me too, I did the cancel and reorder also to get the dlc. I hadn’t even heard about the dlc, does anyone know what’s in it?

Ding ding, while the mobile site vastly improved but UI could never compare to actual mobile app. With tapatalk I could pop in several times a day, but ever since the change maybe 2-3 times a week.

I was charged for my TLOU2 WLF steelbook edition. I actually wanted to cancel but totally forgot about it.

Don't worry, it's going for above well above MSRP- you'll get your money back, worst case...

Assuming Sony doesn't pack it like complete ass like they did with the Firefly Editions.

My Last of Us II WLV Edition showed up. Packed well and didn't see any major issues upon a quick look.

EDIT* looks good to me after checking more carefully. Only a small nick that I don't care about.

Last edited:
Just got confirmation from Larian about the ESRB/PEGI Baldurs Gate 3 Deluxe Editions, whatever region/store you checked out in will be what is represented on the front of the box (ESRB logo if you bought it on the NA store and paid in $ or PEGI if you bought it on the EU store and paid in euros, etc.)

Just got confirmation from Larian about the ESRB/PEGI Baldurs Gate 3 Deluxe Editions, whatever region/store you checked out in will be what is represented on the front of the box (ESRB logo if you bought it on the NA store and paid in $ or PEGI if you bought it on the EU store and paid in euros, etc.)
That was the one thing stopping me from ordering. Is there some official post about this?

This thread reminded me I hadn’t put an order in yet for mine so I went ahead and did that just now. My order confirmation page actually had the ESRB logo right on it.

Got an email that the Banishers Ghosts of New Eden will charge on Jan 30th. Thinking about cancelling. It's still available so may not be ultra limited. I wanted to wait for reviews first before I commit $250 with tax and stuff for this game that I still haven't seen a ton of gameplay of.

Anyone here still have it pre-ordered?

Got an email that the Banishers Ghosts of New Eden will charge on Jan 30th. Thinking about cancelling. It's still available so may not be ultra limited. I wanted to wait for reviews first before I commit $250 with tax and stuff for this game that I still haven't seen a ton of gameplay of.

Anyone here still have it pre-ordered?

I've still go it on order. I've been impressed with other stuff from the Focus store in the past, but am kinda iffy on it. The game isn't being promoted at all outside of their twitter feed.

Got too many CE's coming over the next month or so and literally have no room for them so I decided to start trimming my preorders. It was a decision between Granblue Relink vs P3 Reload this week and decided to cancel P3 Reload. It's in stock everywhere outside of GS and looking at how the Persona 5 Royal CE happened (initially passed off as an Atlus store exclusive, costing me like $165 before being flooded everywhere), I'm gonna take the gamble I might be able to find it on sale.

Rebirth CE coming in next week I think? No clue where I'm gonna put that but really sad that I won't get to enjoy it until May due to work.

Got too many CE's coming over the next month or so and literally have no room for them so I decided to start trimming my preorders. It was a decision between Granblue Relink vs P3 Reload this week and decided to cancel P3 Reload. It's in stock everywhere outside of GS and looking at how the Persona 5 Royal CE happened (initially passed off as an Atlus store exclusive, costing me like $165 before being flooded everywhere), I'm gonna take the gamble I might be able to find it on sale.

Rebirth CE coming in next week I think? No clue where I'm gonna put that but really sad that I won't get to enjoy it until May due to work.
FF7 Rebirth releases 2/29, so you should have a few weeks before that CE ships out.

I cancelled my Persona 3 Reload CE, even though I got it for $170 price mistake at Walmart. I don't think any of the Persona or Shin Megami games have ever been rare or hard to get after Sega bought Atlus.

Last edited:
lmao I googled "Final Fantasy 7 rebirth collector's edition" and this was the first image that popped up in the search:

704afa4eebe67225021e9d5043adf1fd.jpg

I cancelled my Persona 3 Reload CE, even though I got it for $170 price mistake at Walmart. I don't think any of the Persona or Shin Megami games have ever been rare or hard to get after Sega bought Atlus.
Shin CE are always hard to get. Persona 5 was, but all the after edition not so much. Only reason the original persona five collectors edition was is no one expected to be what it was.

Does the Larian store charge right away or when orders ship? Thought it was right away but I've had a pending charge for like a while, since last Wed I think.

I cancelled the Banishers CE. The game looks good, but it's a gable I'd rather not pay for right now. I got the BB deluxe of Rebirth. I had a lot of certs, so it'll only cost $40 when it ships.

rebirth is end of month from what I read. Good decision on P3. Besides it being not rare, I just read the game was edited to make it more… well not the same as the original game. Let’s just say it’s comparable to going back in time and changing Looney Tunes episodes. You just don’t mess with history.

Regarding rebirth, did Best Buy change something about their preorders? I don’t see the extra steelbook listed any longer.

The steelbook is probably sold out now.

The last one was plentiful. I’d be surprised if it isn’t massively stocked. I did notice a lot of shenanigans with this preorder.

For the first remake I did preorder day one. Somehow they messed up and didn’t include my steelbook. In the end I got it anyway. This time I didn’t bother. Now the listing shows coming soon.

The last one was plentiful. I’d be surprised if it isn’t massively stocked. I did notice a lot of shenanigans with this preorder.

For the first remake I did preorder day one. Somehow they messed up and didn’t include my steelbook. In the end I got it anyway. This time I didn’t bother. Now the listing shows coming soon.

Was it..? I remember it being a PITA to get it since it was GS only and I think they made it so only in-store orders got one. But even then, the SBs were individually wrapped and GS just tossed them around like they were junk. I was finally able to find one at some GS but it was scratched up as all hell.

I think I ended up paying like $80 for one on eBay that wasn't as messed up.

I know there was a FFVII Remake Deluxe Edition that include a Steelbook, but I don't think there ever was an extra separate bonus Steelbook for Remake. The Intergrade Steelbook was really hard to get and some Gamestop did not have enough to fill their preorders reservation.

I know there was a FFVII Remake Deluxe Edition that include a Steelbook, but I don't think there ever was an extra separate bonus Steelbook for Remake. The Intergrade Steelbook was really hard to get and some Gamestop did not have enough to fill their preorders reservation.

Yep, I wound up selling mine for somewhere around $100. They were very hard to find.

Was it..? I remember it being a PITA to get it since it was GS only and I think they made it so only in-store orders got one. But even then, the SBs were individually wrapped and GS just tossed them around like they were junk. I was finally able to find one at some GS but it was scratched up as all hell.

I think I ended up paying like $80 for one on eBay that wasn't as messed up.

I believe you’re right. I was thinking of the newer FF16 steelbook. I have two sets of the best buy exclusive with extra steelbook.

You were referring to the original PS4 remake. I have that with the Best Buy exclusive pouch and sticker set. Later I bought the PS5 interlude edition.

Best Buy has the Remake steelbook. It came with either the regular or deluxe edition (so deluxe edition actually got 2 steelbooks) but they quietly removed the steelbook from the pages for both games a few weeks ago which seems to indicate they sold through their allocation but who knows for sure.

Best Buy has the Remake steelbook. It came with either the regular or deluxe edition (so deluxe edition actually got 2 steelbooks) but they quietly removed the steelbook from the pages for both games a few weeks ago which seems to indicate they sold through their allocation but who knows for sure.

I don't think that's right... excluding special edition steelbooks, I'm pretty sure this is what store had what for the FF releases in recent years:
Remake - nothing
Remake Intergrade - Gamestop
Crisis Core - BestBuy
FFXVI - BestBuy
Rebirth - BestBuy

I don't think that's right... excluding special edition steelbooks, I'm pretty sure this is what store had what for the FF releases in recent years:
Remake - nothing
Remake Intergrade - Gamestop
Crisis Core - BestBuy
FFXVI - BestBuy
Rebirth - BestBuy
Because he said "a few weeks ago", I think RedvsBlue meant to say Rebirth instead of Remake.

Because he said "a few weeks ago", I think RedvsBlue meant to say Rebirth instead of Remake.

Oh that makes more sense... yeah I noticed that last week I think, it was gone from the preorder page because I wanted to check if my order would include the pre-order DLC.

Got my P3R Aigis Edition today, it's honestly a pretty good package. Just wish it came with a steelbook for the price they were asking. Gonna listen to the OST on the way to work tmrw.

bread's done
Back