Official E3 2008 Thread

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']One game doesnt save systems, not by a longshot.

Also, I have no idea what game you might be talking about :lol:[/quote]

Well...it was a tech demo. But...I'm insane for thinking about it.

Are you talking about the FF7 remake? I really don't think it would be as big a deal as many seem to. Would it sell well? Sure. But move millions of consoles? Not likely. And now that FF13 has gone multiplatform, FF7 seems even more likely to if such a remake were made.

oh yea. I cant believe I didnt make the connection, even though I'm tired.

They cant possibly have the resources to work on that with all the junk they've got in the pipeline. Also money problems.

Nothing with that big of an undertaking is going to happen simultaneous with FF13, which will be out around the same time as DNF at this rate, with the exception of if DNF comes out anytime soon :D

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']I love how when Sony rips off someone they get ripped a new one.

But when MSFT rips of Sony/Nintendo, no one cares.

I don't know what I think about the new MSFT dashboard, I don't think it fixes any problems.

I am absolutely ecstatic for Rock Band 2. Its going to be epic.

I played the Too Human demo, it's meh. I don't like the dual stick combo.

Besides that, as someone said, when your biggest news is getting a game someone else has, it's not a pretty good conference. They didn't show any new games that have me excited, and all the casual stuff was stupid, especially your in the movies. Galaga 2, Portal, and The new scene it though look interesting, and like they have potential.

All in all, not too much to get excited for.[/quote]

Page 11 of the GGT says you aren't trying hard enough.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']
Besides that, as someone said, when your biggest news is getting a game someone else has, it's not a pretty good conference. They didn't show any new games that have me excited, and all the casual stuff was stupid, especially your in the movies. Galaga 2, Portal, and The new scene it though look interesting, and like they have potential.

All in all, not too much to get excited for.[/quote]

I didn't see ANYTHING of Portal, besides a title. Apparently it's just an expansion with new maps. That better be available on STEAM!!!

Is it just me, or was Fallout 3 a complete dud? The world looked so depressing that I don't think I would have much fun playing it. The enemies just stood there while he fired on them (though that could be the fact that it was just a demo to show weapons), and while the weapons and the VATS system were neat it wasn't anything that exciting. That small nuke launcher was great, though. I think that, like Fable 2 (tons of belching), it's just a game that doesn't demo well in the five minutes it was given. If only they did more with these games than the fucking "At the Movies" game. An embarrassment of epic proportions.

They had a longer demo of it on G4's E3 Live, and it looks better. They showed a little more of each thing, and the colors were more vibrant in their feed than in the press conference. It still looks a little too bleak to be any fun, though.

I dunno, I actually for the first time was somewhat intrigud by Fallout 3. It's not *huge* on my list, but it looked like something I'd get after a price drop. Gears looked good too, but is clearly a MOTS (TM Wombat).

Overally though, aside from the kneecapping of Sony w/ FF13, there wasnt anything standout at the presser. The avatars scream "Mii Too" and Lips looks no different than Singstar. Sure, you can import your own songs, but without the words, video, or score, you might as well just sing along with your stereo!

I dont know what Sony is gonna pull out of their hat. I'm not really sure what announcement they could make to "impress the judges". Maybe they'll announce that FF Versus 13 will be out this holiday. That would be a bombshell....but that aint happening.

Nintendo, OTOH, has it much easier, IMHO, to be able to impress. If they announce 3 things, I think they "win E3" in a landslide. And it only involves things we already know are coming...with a little added twist.

1) Animal Crossing Wii - with a full online community....and NO friend codes!
2) Punchout Wii - with full support of the Wii Motion Plus *and* Balance Board
3) Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 1:1 Lightsaber Duels with the Wii Motion Plus. (added points if you can have online duels)

Personally, I think all three will happen (well, except the elimination of the friend codes of course). Those would make me a really happy gamer.

[quote name='hostyl1']I dunno, I actually for the first time was somewhat intrigud by Fallout 3. It's not *huge* on my list, but it looked like something I'd get after a price drop. Gears looked good too, but is clearly a MOTS (TM Wombat).

Overally though, aside from the kneecapping of Sony w/ FF13, there wasnt anything standout at the presser. The avatars scream "Mii Too" and Lips looks no different than Singstar. Sure, you can import your own songs, but without the words, video, or score, you might as well just sing along with your stereo!

I dont know what Sony is gonna pull out of their hat. I'm not really sure what announcement they could make to "impress the judges". Maybe they'll announce that FF Versus 13 will be out this holiday. That would be a bombshell....but that aint happening.

Nintendo, OTOH, has it much easier, IMHO, to be able to impress. If they announce 3 things, I think they "win E3" in a landslide. And it only involves things we already know are coming...with a little added twist.

2) Punchout Wii - with full support of the Wii Motion Plus *and* Balance Board
3) Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 1:1 Lightsaber Duels with the Wii Motion Plus. (added points if you can have online duels)

Personally, I think all three will happen (well, except the elimination of the friend codes of course). Those would make me a really happy gamer.[/QUOTE]

Punchout Wii that uses Wii Motion + the Balance board would be amazing. However even if all 3 are done I can hardly see it trumping MS at this point. A price cut, FF XIII, probably the best line up by a fair margin they kinda have it in the bag.

[quote name='hostyl1']
[/quote]

Never happen. As much as the gaming community is screaming how busted the friend code system is, there is a better of Microsoft not charging for Live then Nintendo having a 1st party game without those damn codes.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']All in all, not too much to get excited for.[/QUOTE]

Christ. They could announce Cortana is coming to your house to suck your cock and some of you wouldn't be satisfied. What the fuck do you people want? You got a shitload of games, the vast majority of which look solid, to satisfy both "hardcore" and "casual" players. We'll hear the same tired shit today if/when Sony doesn't manage to snag a top-tier XBox-only title, even if Sony does a bunch of good stuff besides that. "Oh, they did nothing to counter Microsoft's Final Fantasy announcement."

As far as MS' presentation - if there had not been any leaks prior to the show, the internet would have fucking exploded when the Avatar thing was revealed, and people would have flipped their shit when Rock Band's set list/DLC/transfer/temp exclusivity info came up. When employees/reporters are revealing stuff early left and right for a month before the show actually takes place, I don't blame MS for not having a string of 10 FF13-level announcements in a row. Be glad we even got that, you hardly ever see major where-the-hell-did-that-come-from surprises like that anymore; the last time I recall one was that Zelda teaser a few years back.

Last edited by a moderator:
GameSpot isn't live yet. IGN was a few minutes behind yesterday, and Courageous's link works too. We shall see which feed is truly live. ;)

bread's done
Back