Official Family Video Used Game Sales! 2.0

jvang117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
933 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread 2.0.

*Special thanks to XT14 for taking care of the previous thread! As Cloud Strife said to Zack Fair in Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, I will be your living legacy!*

Shipping is $1.99 for an entire transaction whether you order 1 item or 100 items.

Links:

Current Coupon Code: *Online Only*

10% off a video game purchase - RENTGAME

FAQ's:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Sorry. Chances are it isn't for sale because we usually leave a few for rent, but it doesn't hurt to ask an employee just in case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Although Family Video and FamilyVideo.com are the same thing and prices *usually* should match, there are times when they do not or might be sold out. Sorry.

Do games come with manuals/boxes? All games should come with the original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is also very helpful with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? No, this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to its last few copies of a game, it should be available for sale. If they refuse to sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have recurring problems with a store, please check out this link to help both you and our company to improve.
https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be available for sale. Listings with a (5) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale. At this point, please ask a staff member for assistance.

LATEST UPDATE as of 09/28//15

:hot: --> noticeable prices!

Type of Sale

System, Title, Price, Protect Quantity

Addition

:ps4: , Mad Max, $29.99, 2  :hot:

:ps4: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Mad Max, $29.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2  :hot:

:ps3: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1  :hot:

:360: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1  :hot:

Price Drop

:ps4: , Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2  :hot:

Price More

:ps4: , Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2

:ps4: , Order 1886, $19.99, 1

:xb1: , Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2

:360: , Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Video Game Sales Master List (yellow denotes new additions/price drops/price mores from above)

:ps4:
Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2
Battlefield: Hardline, $19.99, 2
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2 :hot:
Mad Max, $29.99, 2 :hot:

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2

Mortal Kombat X, $29.99, 3
Order 1886, $19.99, 1
Thief, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Witcher III: Wild Hunt, $29.99, 2

:xb1:
Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2 :hot:

Mad Max, $29.99, 2 :hot:

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2
Mortal Kombat X, $29.99, 3

State of Decay, $19.99, 1
Sunset Overdrive, $12.99, 1  :hot:
Thief, $12.99, 1
Titanfall, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Witcher III: Wild Hunt, $29.99, 2

:ps3: 
Amazing Spiderman 2, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed: Rogue, $12.99, 1

Battlefield: Hardline, $19.99, 1
Call of Duty: Ghosts, $12.99, 1
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, $19.99, 2
Destiny, $19.99, 1
Madden NFL 15, $19.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, $12.99, 1

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1 :hot:
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

:360:
Alien: Isolation, $12.99, 1
Amazing Spiderman 2, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed: Rogue, $12.99, 2
Batman: Arkham Origins, $12.99, 2
Battlefield 4, $12.99, 1
Borderlands: The Presequel!, $12.99, 1
Call of Duty: Ghosts, $12.99, 2
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, $19.99, 3
Destiny, $19.99, 2
Dragon Age: Inquisition, $19.99, 1
Enemy Front, $12.99, 1
Far Cry 4, $19.99, 2
Halo 3: Multiplayer Maps, $4.99, 0
Madden NFL 15, $19.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, $12.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1 :hot:
Sniper Elite III, $12.99, 1
South Park: Stick of Truth, $12.99, 1
Splinter Cell: Blacklist, $12.99, 1
Thief, $12.99, 1
Titanfall, $12.99, 1
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark, $12.99, 1
Walking Dead: Season Two, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

:wii: &  :ds: All Wii and DS games should be priced down to 1 copy at $9.99, EXCEPT for the titles listed below. All copies of these titles should be protected.

:wii:

Kirby: Return to Dreamland
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 9
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl

:ds:
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
New Super Mario Bros
Pokemon Black 2
Pokemon White 2
Super Mario 64 DS

Rent 1, Get 1: R1G1 (denoted by pink stickers) games should be priced down to 1 copy at $9.99. Last copies of zero-renters can be priced at $7.99 per manager approval.

Sports & Music Game Liquidation: Please price all R1G1 copies of the following franchises at $5.99.

SPORTS -->

FIFA Soccer
Madden Football
Major League Baseball 2K
MLB The Show
NASCAR
NBA 2K
NBA Live
NCAA Football
NHL Hockey
Tiger Woods Golf

MUSIC -->

Guitar Hero
Rock Band

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals (movies or games) for their first 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's fast, free, and easy. Thank you for reading this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a good habit of being able to talk people at Family Video into selling my Wii games. That's how I got Metroid Prime Trilogy, Skyward Sword, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and quite a few others, but that was two years ago at this point. Now, I can't get a single person to sell me anything that isn't already priced.

I think I fucked it up for myself by doing it all within a couple of months so that all the managers cracked down. Buying some of those DS games that were not stickered was like getting blood from a stone. Still, can't wait until they decide to get rid of all the Wii/WiiU games. I'll gladly go to every store in town to get my Kirby games.

It's interesting how every store is different on what they sell.

Managed to grab Game & Wario, Wii U Sports Club, Wii Party, Rayman Legends X360 all for 9.99 each at one store but every other store i had been to, did not have them listed to sell.

Games are currently Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off started Tuesday, unsure how long it lasts
If that's true I'm definitely going to hit up a couple over the weekend.

I used to have a good habit of being able to talk people at Family Video into selling my Wii games. That's how I got Metroid Prime Trilogy, Skyward Sword, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and quite a few others, but that was two years ago at this point. Now, I can't get a single person to sell me anything that isn't already priced.
I actually have tried this recently. They said usually if they haven't been rented within the last couple of months then anything is possible. I guess it just depends on who you get. That's how I got Ivy the Kiwi, Kirby Superstar Ultra, Klonda, Fire Emblem, Wii Sports.

I think it was a corporate wide crackdown. After a certain point last year, it was no longer allowed at any store in my area.

That said, I picked up Star Fox Zero (no guard though) the other day for $10. I almost grabbed ff15 for Xbox One for $20, but decided to pass. Maybe this weekend...

Was able to get a lot of good titles to flip into gamestop. Prey And masseffect andromeda were 29.99 each so 1/2 off one. Also found Alice madness returns, ncaa 14, Madden 17 watch dogs 2 and other good trade in value items. I highly recommend going to different ones since the same title are not for sale

Finally was able to stop at a local store last night...DS selection was pretty much gone but did manage to snag a copy of NCAA Football 14 on both 360 and PS3 for $5.99 each and a copy of Skyward Sword on the Wii for $9.99...even came with the bonus CD

This may be a fluke, but found a copy of Watch Dogs 2 marked for $9.99. I bought it and subsequently traded in to GameStop for $27.40 via 60% PRO trade in bonus. I'm not sure if it's the same at all locations or if this was a simple mistake. They had about 5 copies at the location I was at, but I think the sticker may have been meant for Watch Dogs.

Just moved right around the corner from one of these, guess its time I swing in there tomorrow. The place always looks totally dead though, I assumed they were closed until I saw the sign listed for new release movies.

This may be a fluke, but found a copy of Watch Dogs 2 marked for $9.99. I bought it and subsequently traded in to GameStop for $27.40 via 60% PRO trade in bonus. I'm not sure if it's the same at all locations or if this was a simple mistake. They had about 5 copies at the location I was at, but I think the sticker may have been meant for Watch Dogs.
they prob just didn't change the sticker, I've seen this happen quite a bit.

[quote name="girlracer" post="13826327" timestamp="1504699538"]

they prob just didn't change the sticker, I've seen this happen quite a bit.[/quotes]

The sticker was directly on a Watch Dogs 2 case, but I agree that it was likely a mistake and likely not repeatable.

[quote name="girlracer" post="13826327" timestamp="1504699538"]

they prob just didn't change the sticker, I've seen this happen quite a bit.[/quotes]

The sticker was directly on a Watch Dogs 2 case, but I agree that it was likely a mistake and likely not repeatable.
Did it actually scan at 9.99 or did they have to change the price?

I believe they simply scanned it, but i didn't pay too close attention. If they did have to adjust it, they didn't mention anything about it.

The local store continues to taunt me with several valuable Wii games that never rent out, are R1G1, and yet are never on sale. Lately it's more what's *not* on sale that has my interest.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

FYI, Family Video is currently having a b1g1 half off (ends after tomorrow).  A bunch of the 360 and PS3 titles are now on sale for $7.99 each.  Also saw Shadow of War and Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite for 29.99 each i think for both PS4 and Xbox.  Not bad if you get both with the half off for around $45.    Saw injustice 2 for xbox one marked 19.99

FYI, Family Video is currently having a b1g1 half off (ends after tomorrow). A bunch of the 360 and PS3 titles are now on sale for $7.99 each. Also saw Shadow of War and Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite for 29.99 each i think for both PS4 and Xbox. Not bad if you get both with the half off for around $45. Saw injustice 2 for xbox one marked 19.99
The signs at my store explicitly excluded PS4 and Xbox One games.

Hmm the last time they had one it worked on PS4 and Xbox one games. I just assumed from what i saw it would be the same. But i know some stores seem to do things differently than others.
I remember that sale well! I was excited to see the signage again until I read it had exclusions this time.

Had the same thing at mine stated "Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii Only"
Mine had something similar but I think it mentioned including DS or DS/3DS games. Maybe the sale varies by store?

games are currently buy 1 get 1 half off til 1/7, also most remaining ds games are $2.99 each or 2 for $5.

I did see prey and dead by daylight for $12.99

also I've seen most stores add more ps3/360 to $7.99 each or 3 for $21

games are currently buy 1 get 1 half off til 1/7, also most remaining ds games are $2.99 each or 2 for $5.

I did see prey and dead by daylight for $12.99

also I've seen most stores add more ps3/360 to $7.99 each or 3 for $21
Bought two games tonight and was charged full tagged price.

Saw the DS games tagged $2.99 and the section was nearly cleaned out. The area was a mess so I'm guessing it started today. They used to have a handful of Pokémon games that they refused to sell previously that are now gone.

Stopped at a couple stores in the IN area today.  B1G1 50% off is going on this week.  

Also all ds games are still 2.99 each.  And every game is for sale, include Mario games/kirby.  One of the employees read a email to me that corp had sent a email to sell all DS game stock no matter what title.  I managed to get a copy of mario party ds and mario 64 for around $4.80.  Employees may say they aren't for sale but if you can get them to ring up they will show the sale price.  It could be YMMV for some depending on the employee.

Also believe they are starting to mark all the PS3/Xbox 360 games for sale.  Managed to get a copy of NCAA 14 for 5.99 for 360 but it wasn't marked. 

Almost 20yrs ago now, Family and American Video in my home town were selling their 16bit and 8bit game cartridges off.
My friend and I made a list of the best games to trade/sell to FuncoLand (early Gamestop), bought the cheap and sold them for 2-3x profit.

Now, I wish I kept all those Genesis, SNES, and NES games...

B1G1 50% off is good till the end of the month.   Stopped at a store today and one the employee's was very helpful on checking pricing on some games that were not marked.   

Picked up

NCAA 14 PS3

Rayman Legends x360

MLB the show 16 PS3

Alice the madness returns PS3 

for around $25

Of course its ymmv if you get a helpful employee that would check pricing.  Most of the time i usually get someone that will refuse to check anything. 

So  three stores in the ~90 mile radius area marked down a bunch of Wii, 360, and PS3 games to 3 for $21 a couple of weeks ago.  With the B1G1 50% each game was about $6.

Annoyingly, several other stores, including in one case a second store in the same town as one of the mega-sale stores, has not commenced such a sale.  During Christmas Break I pretty much ran a loop from Neosho/Joplin to KC depending on what area we were traveling to.

My local store has tons of good Wii and 360 games in particular that never rent and have been on R1G1 for eons, but still never get put on sale.

Maybe the manager is waiting until the Gamer Day tomorrow, but I doubt it.

How does each store determine which games go on sale and which ones don't, and why do some stores put a TON of games on sale and some put next to none?  It's maddening, but based on the scores I made over the last three weeks outside of my local store, I can't complain.

So three stores in the ~90 mile radius area marked down a bunch of Wii, 360, and PS3 games to 3 for $21 a couple of weeks ago. With the B1G1 50% each game was about $6.

Annoyingly, several other stores, including in one case a second store in the same town as one of the mega-sale stores, has not commenced such a sale. During Christmas Break I pretty much ran a loop from Neosho/Joplin to KC depending on what area we were traveling to.

My local store has tons of good Wii and 360 games in particular that never rent and have been on R1G1 for eons, but still never get put on sale.

Maybe the manager is waiting until the Gamer Day tomorrow, but I doubt it.

How does each store determine which games go on sale and which ones don't, and why do some stores put a TON of games on sale and some put next to none? It's maddening, but based on the scores I made over the last three weeks outside of my local store, I can't complain.i D
One employee told me that if a game has been rented out in (can't quite remember) 60 or 90 days that it suppose to not be sold. I know one of the other games i was going to get today it did ring up a price but he couldn't sale it because it had been rented out recently. I mean i kind of understand the point but most last gen stuff doesn't move much. I also had a store ring up a couple Wii u games (Game & Wario & Wii Sports Club) that came up 9.99 but the manager refused to sell them. Kind of pointless to have a B1G1 50% off sale if not much is for sale in the store.

Also forgot to mention i did see Battlefront II and AC Origins for sale at 29.99 each.

Returned a game tonight, and confirmed the few DS holdouts still on the rental shelf will ring up. The girl was hesitant to sell them (and the manager of the store is a stickler, so I don't blame her), so I said not to worry about it, I would ask the manager. I'm assuming she'll be there for the Gamer Day tomorrow, and will probably give me the same line she did back when I first suspected they were on sale, but I'll try nonetheless.

Why are some managers still beholden to 10 year old copies of New Super Mario Bros? What benefit is it to them to keep them around and ignore corporate edicts? She manages the two stores closest to me, and is very nice, but she seems unable to ever let go of any games.

There's also one nearby store where the DS games still ring up 3 for $21, which I also don't get. I love video stores, and the fact that one chain still exists (for now), but this chain vexes me.

Why are some managers still beholden to 10 year old copies of New Super Mario Bros? What benefit is it to them to keep them around and ignore corporate edicts? She manages the two stores closest to me, and is very nice, but she seems unable to ever let go of any games.
For the ones here in Kansas, it seems to mainly be a store look type of thing. They want their DS shelves not to just be Shovel ware or mostly empty from the games being sold but not enough being sold so that they can toss the shelving. I’ve been to a ton of Family Videos in the last 6 years just for games and the hit and miss nature of games being priced or people willing to sell them is crazy. There’s one manager in my town that will never, ever check if something is on sale for me and when I have brought up that they will be for sale (I usually BS that I work at another location) she just tells me that she refuses to sell their stock because they’re rental only.

It drives me crazy because the three stores I find her at are fucking goldmines. I’m talking Fire Emblem, Kirby, NCAA, Soulsilver, Heartgold, tons of great shit that should all be for sale and isn’t. I will actually find dust on those Wii and DS games most of the time when I go in there too. It just blows me away at how disused those games are. I would totally buy them in a heartbeat if I got a chance.

Those are the stores that drive me nuts - I *did* score Heartgold like a year ago from the one store that had it, though that turned out to be because the clerk didn't know the Manager didn't want it sold. Which area of Kansas are you in?

Went in for the free game today. They said I needed a code, but they were able to use a code from their computer.

Wife rented Assassins Creed Origins. I rented Until Dawn. She's been played Origins all morning and I can't stop watching. Looks like so much fun.

​Stopped by the local FV last night, still no B1G1 50% off.  Also, almost every PS3 game was tagged for sale. 

Things don't look good there; they only had 4 switch games and it appears they didn't have many new releases.  On top of that the thermostat was broken.  The temperature in the store was 54 degrees.

Those are the stores that drive me nuts - I *did* score Heartgold like a year ago from the one store that had it, though that turned out to be because the clerk didn't know the Manager didn't want it sold. Which area of Kansas are you in?

I’m in Wichita and the Far East Side of the area has the games and awful manager.

Went to another location. Lots of Xbox One games for $9.99. Only one PS4 game for sale, Evolve for $9.99.

I picked up Prey X1 for $12.99

I'm in SE KS.  I've been sadly tempted to drive to Tulsa on a Saturday just to see if any of them are also partaking in the last gen clearance, though driving 2.5+ hours in uncertain hopes of finding some good Gamestop and eBay flips seems...excessive.

I had a similar experience with an "out of town" Family Video. I was at my parents for Christmas and decided to stop at one while taking my parents to dinner. Looked at the DS selection and ended up seeing Pokémon Black Version 2 and Zelda Spirit Tracks on sale so I took it up there and even asked if these were for sale and the employee looked and said yes so of course I bought them. My dad was still looking at the DVDs so I waited in the car and when he got back he said he saw the manager run over to the employee and start screaming about "What did you just do? We don't sell anything Zelda, Pokémon, Mario, etc". He said the employee described how they haven't been rented in over a year and didn't think it was a big deal considering they were trying to get rid of the older games but the manager didn't care and was pissed. I went back in to see if I could just return them because it wasn't worth getting someone fired for but he said " nothing he could do sales are final". Don't understand why he flipped out because they were obviously fazing out the older games anyways so who cares what game it was.

Saw this title for sale also for $7.99. Is it any good?
I saw it when it was in theaters. Pretty decent, although i haven't followed much about anime in recent years. Reminds me a bit of Birdy the Mighty, new and old, version with the body swapping bit.

After second viewing, i say it's worth purchasing, but ultimately depends on your interests. I'd recommend viewing the trailer at least.

DS games were finally lowered to $2.99 at my location, but there was barely anything left anyway. They added a ton of rent 1, get 1 free stickers to PS4 and Xbox One cases.

bread's done
Back